Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD & BD Rebuilder
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11th July 2009, 21:19   #3881  |  Link
saphire199

I don't know if this helps or not, but I tried running death race thru again after last error report (- Error in attempt to multiplex: MUX_00293.meta
- This is not an EBML file (id=0/440786851
[21:01:40] - Failed to build structure, aborted.) This time it made it to clip 62 and I got the GUI error. As the GUI error happened right before it started encoding clip 62, I restarted BDRB and did the rest of the movie, no problem. I burned it to BD-RE and it played - but no sound cuz I had set BDRB to keep the HD audio for BD25, which I guess my receiver can't decode. So I tried another run thru BDRB, the whole movie went thru with no problem (changing the one setting re: HD audio). Reason I am letting you know is 1st run got an error, second run got an error, third run (without HD audio) ran thru without a hitch.

Saphire199
saphire199 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2009, 21:27   #3882  |  Link
chudm

Quote:
Originally Posted by saphire199 View Post
I don't know if this helps or not, but I tried running death race thru again after last error report (- Error in attempt to multiplex: MUX_00293.meta
- This is not an EBML file (id=0/440786851
[21:01:40] - Failed to build structure, aborted.) This time it made it to clip 62 and I got the GUI error. As the GUI error happened right before it started encoding clip 62, I restarted BDRB and did the rest of the movie, no problem. I burned it to BD-RE and it played - but no sound cuz I had set BDRB to keep the HD audio for BD25, which I guess my receiver can't decode. So I tried another run thru BDRB, the whole movie went thru with no problem (changing the one setting re: HD audio). Reason I am letting you know is 1st run got an error, second run got an error, third run (without HD audio) ran thru without a hitch.

Saphire199
i did yesterday death race region a, and keep hd audio, all extras ... and never got an error man, did it with high speed encoding for bd-25, and tellis algorithm for better quality, and was done the encoding of the whole bd in 5 hours
chudm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2009, 22:40   #3883  |  Link
Category 5

Just did G Torino with fast encode to BD25 and it only took 2hr and 20min! It looks good so far. I am now doing a long encode to make a comparison, but from 14 hours to 2.33 hours? WOAH!

Still can't get Step Brothers backed up. What a pain that one is.
Category 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2009, 01:30   #3884  |  Link
Furiousflea

Quote:
Originally Posted by daberti View Post
One stupid question: 0.25.1 is out yet here at 1st page is still mentioned an older version. Where could I find a link to the most updated version, please and thanks?
It's because 0.25.01 is a test version that potentially has a lot of bugs and jdobbs doesn't want any old goon trying it out.
Furiousflea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2009, 01:54   #3885  |  Link
Capsbackup

@jdobbs and/or anyone who has successfully backed up Die Hard 2 Die Harder to BD-25, keeping DTS HD Master Audio.
I have completed backing up the Die Hard movies to BD-25, full movie, keep HD audio. Disc 1, (Die Hard), disc 3 ( With A Vengeance) and disc 4 ( Live Free or Die Hard), have turned out absolutely perfect, all with DTS HD Master audio kept, and look and sound great. Disc 2, Die Hard 2 Die Harder has been interesting, to say the least.
I have now tried with BD-RBV02302, BD-RBV02402, and BD-RBV02501, and all experience the same results.
The full movie backup, keeping the DTS HD Master Audio, plays only with silence on my Sony BDP-BX1, no audio heard. Also, my receiver only says stereo when the movie plays and there is only silence. When I play the other three movies, the receiver says DTS HD Master, and audio is heard.
So I try a movie only backup to BD-25, and also keep the HD audio, and now it plays normal, audio is heard, and the receiver says DTS HD Master.
Why BD-RB will work in movie only mode but not in full backup for this movie is a mystery.
I have backed up about 25 blu-rays to full movie, BD-25, keeping HD Audio, and never experienced this before.
(The audio plays and is heard on the computer with PowerDVD 7.3 and MPC for the full movie back up, just not on the stand alone.)
Though I can't say for sure this is a bug with BD-RB, the conclusion that a movie only works when a full backup will not does leave a question.
Capsbackup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2009, 02:58   #3886  |  Link
jdobbs

Man, trying to predict the size of a CRF encode is tough. I've been trying everything to get an accurate prediction. I gather the quants, I weigh them based on value, I adjust everything based upon complexity information in the stats file...

I just can't seem to get an accurate prediction. It's usually in the neighborhood, but still has occasional "WTF?" results.
Old 12th July 2009, 03:29   #3887  |  Link
chudm

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
Man, trying to predict the size of a CRF encode is tough. I've been trying everything to get an accurate prediction. I gather the quants, I weigh them based on value, I adjust everything based upon complexity information in the stats file...

I just can't seem to get an accurate prediction. It's usually in the neighborhood, but still has occasional "WTF?" results.
i suppose you are right man, i mean a movie wont be 100% of the time full action, so the bitrate required for every scene can change! so if the first minutes of the movie taken to stimate the bitrate or quality needed, have too many actions scenes, then later its a pretty "slow" movie without action scenes, the bitrate will be "low" and the final size will be small, but still the file will have good quality... am i right?
chudm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2009, 04:52   #3888  |  Link
saphire199

Furious, you posted this in a thread
"the small m2ts it's because it's only 1 frame long and avisynth won't accept it. You can get around that error by setting the minimum m2ts size to encode at 150mb"

Just wanted to know where you are adjusting this, where do you adjust the minimum m2ts size? And I apologize this is not a bug, but was in this thread to begin with.

saphire199
saphire199 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2009, 05:34   #3889  |  Link
setarip_old

@jdobbs

Although you've indicated nothing to the contrary regarding my two previous posts, I just thought I'd ask to make certain:

We ARE supposed to be able to use the "One-pass (Experimental") option for "movie-only", aren't we?
setarip_old is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2009, 05:37   #3890  |  Link
DarknessUK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furiousflea View Post
In the main window, it has a list of video\audio streams just double click the audio tracks to alternate between keeping\removing them.

Alternatively, in the options menu just select the languages you want to keep then each time you load a BD folder into BDRB it will automatically put a cross by the ones that aren't in your language and they won't be backed up.

So you rip your FULL disc, then load that into BDRB and the removal happens during the backup.

Then burn the resulting folder.
Thanks for the tips.
I went into SETUP and checked that ENGLISH was the only language selkected, and made sure it was the only sub-title there too.

When I look in the STREAM window, it shows 12 sections, titled VID_xxxxxxx and inside each one is an audio section titled AUD_001, AC3, Stereo, English

There is also a subtitle folder under each.

So, I cannot see any HD audio formats in there to un-select.
DarknessUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2009, 07:22   #3891  |  Link
Sharc

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
Man, trying to predict the size of a CRF encode is tough.....
Confirmed. I have been experimenting myself. Indeed the sensisitivity ("gain") of 'delta file size' vs 'delta crf' can change a lot from source to source. I remember an example where a change in crf from 21.6 to 21.5 stepped up the file size unexpectedly, while for another source a change from 22 to 21 made the file size to increase by few % only.
That's why I think if any prediction method produces something like 80%+ of the target size in reasonable time, we should be happy.
Sharc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2009, 07:45   #3892  |  Link
Sharc

Quote:
Originally Posted by chudm View Post
i suppose you are right man, i mean a movie wont be 100% of the time full action, so the bitrate required for every scene can change! so if the first minutes of the movie taken to stimate the bitrate or quality needed, have too many actions scenes, then later its a pretty "slow" movie without action scenes, the bitrate will be "low" and the final size will be small, but still the file will have good quality... am i right?
Yes, but the 5% of the movie which jdobbs uses as a sample are taken as snippets from the whole movie in order to get a good 'impression' of the character of the movie. This should avoid that just some action or static scenes dominate the crf estimtion. So that's not really an issue I assume. The problem is mainly the very complex and highly non-linear dependency of the file size on the crf (for a given set of encoding parameters)
Old 12th July 2009, 07:51   #3893  |  Link
MikeyBK

I haven't been able to use 0.25.01 because Avira is going absolutely ballistic detecting the TR/Crypt.XPACK.Gen trojan, and although it is probably a false positive and poses low risk, it still contiuously comes up with the warning over and over again.... I can't set Avira to ignore it.

Any ideas JD? what could Avira be detecting as suspicious script over and over again?
Old 12th July 2009, 08:46   #3894  |  Link
zeon

amazing work jdobbs just like to say congrats 14hours down to 3-4 awesome piece of kit.
zeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2009, 10:36   #3895  |  Link
daberti

Quote:
Originally Posted by tekmobile View Post
Huge thanks

In the change log it is mentioned...
"Added a "HIGH-SPEED" option to the "SETTINGS/ENCODER
SETTINGS" menu. It is visible/recommended for BD-25
encoding only. The quality on BD-5/9 will suffer
greatly if this option is used (via hidden setting).
When used with one-pass CRF mode on BD-25 it can
result in a very fast yet excellent quality backup
of most discs."

Thus, if I understand well: it can be used with or without single pass encoding. Am I right?
daberti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2009, 10:41   #3896  |  Link
tekmobile
Webmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by daberti View Post
Huge thanks

In the change log it is mentioned...
"Added a "HIGH-SPEED" option to the "SETTINGS/ENCODER
SETTINGS" menu. It is visible/recommended for BD-25
encoding only. The quality on BD-5/9 will suffer
greatly if this option is used (via hidden setting).
When used with one-pass CRF mode on BD-25 it can
result in a very fast yet excellent quality backup
of most discs."

Thus, if I understand well: it can be used with or without single pass encoding. Am I right?
Yes you can use it with or without

I still use the normal 2 pass at high quality
tekmobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2009, 11:12   #3897  |  Link
Sharc

On BD9 the Extras are encoded with crf in the range of 25 ... 30. While the picture quality is still quite ok for the Extras in my opinion, I noticed sometimes an annoying GOP pumping. It looks as if this pumping can be reduced by reducing ipratio and pbratio, like --ipratio 1.1 --pbratio 1.2.
It's not a bug, but perhaps something to be considered for future BD-RB release. Maybe more tests are needed?
Old 12th July 2009, 12:16   #3898  |  Link
daberti

Quote:
Originally Posted by tekmobile View Post
Yes you can use it with or without

I still use the normal 2 pass at high quality
Thanks. Then I could also use (via hidden option) on a 11GB film only backup at 720p, single pass, without any appreciable quality loss (taken normal double-pass 720p encoding as reference). I guess.
daberti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2009, 12:57   #3899  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by setarip_old View Post
@jdobbs

Although you've indicated nothing to the contrary regarding my two previous posts, I just thought I'd ask to make certain:

We ARE supposed to be able to use the "One-pass (Experimental") option for "movie-only", aren't we?
Yes. It should work with movie-only.
Old 12th July 2009, 12:59   #3900  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharc View Post
On BD9 the Extras are encoded with crf in the range of 25 ... 30. While the picture quality is still quite ok for the Extras in my opinion, I noticed sometimes an annoying GOP pumping. It looks as if this pumping can be reduced by reducing ipratio and pbratio, like --ipratio 1.1 --pbratio 1.2.
It's not a bug, but perhaps something to be considered for future BD-RB release. Maybe more tests are needed?
Interesting. I notice that on a recently encoded disc too. A pulsing that matched the GOP timing. I wonder if some recent change in X264 brought that on. I hadn't noticed it before.