Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > (Auto) Gordian Knot
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10th January 2002, 14:03   #1  |  Link
samfchen

Bits/(Pixel*Frame)

Hello,

This is another general question for you expert, experienced rippers out there. Under Divx 4, say for one hour film to fit to one 700mb CD, what is a good (width x height), which of course, affects the bits/(pixel*frame), for that situation? And say for 2 hours of film to fit to 2*700mb CD's, what is a good (width x height)?

Of course, the source of the film will greatly vary and complicate the choosing decision, but I am simply asking for #'s based on experiences here.

Thank you so much.
Sam
samfchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2002, 14:39   #2  |  Link
Doom9
clueless n00b

well.. I put in the numbers into the guide. Personally I substract between 10-20% from these values (they were established for divx3). and it all comes down to what you consider acceptable, it could be that the rest of the world thinks your settings are outrageous but they are right for you and that's what it all comes down to in the end.