Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > One click suites for DVD backup and DVD creation

Old 28th November 2008, 20:05   #561  |  Link
rendez2k

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richardw322 View Post
I am using AVStoDVD 2.1.1, and ran into a problem. I was trying to change the frame for the thumbnail, and when I hit edit it opened the preview window. I selected the frame I wanted, and I don't know how to get back to the menu editor. If I hit exit it exits the whole program! Nothing else gets rid of the movie preview window! Is that part of the frame count bug in the prior post, MRC?

Also, I second the request for no thumbnail, and would like to see it extended to the movie title also. I found a JPG with the movie title in it (and it's really neat!) but if I use it I would end up with the movie title 3 times in the final menu!! The JPG one, the movie title, and the thumbnail title!!

BTW thanks for the great program, this is cosmetic stuff.
I'd test 2.1.2 - exit button works fine here.

Good work again on 2.1.2 Mr C!
rendez2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2008, 22:29   #562  |  Link
Richardw322

Just tried the latest alpha of 2.1.2 and it threw an error when I went to the menu editor. I loaded the avi and then hit the menu editor and it said it can't find a file in my temp directory. Path too long to type, what am I missing? The thumbnail is the part that is wrong, it was the default instead of the frame from the movie.
Richardw322 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2008, 22:34   #563  |  Link
rendez2k

I've had this issue before and a re-install of avisynth fixes it for me
rendez2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2008, 03:44   #564  |  Link
gizzin

It's still undersizing quite abit too, this time its 120megs undersized..
gizzin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2008, 09:14   #565  |  Link
MrC
AVStoDVD Dev

Quote:
I am using AVStoDVD 2.1.1, and ran into a problem. I was trying to change the frame for the thumbnail, and when I hit edit it opened the preview window. I selected the frame I wanted, and I don't know how to get back to the menu editor. If I hit exit it exits the whole program! Nothing else gets rid of the movie preview window!
Clicking on exit from Clip Preview section will exit only from Clip Preview. If you have complete program exit, I fear that AVStoDVD is crashing. Do use latest alpha: Clip Preview stability should have improved.

Quote:
Also, I second the request for no thumbnail, and would like to see it extended to the movie title also. I found a JPG with the movie title in it (and it's really neat!) but if I use it I would end up with the movie title 3 times in the final menu!! The JPG one, the movie title, and the thumbnail title!!
Right now you can use a workaround: just put a "space" char in the title and thumbs label textboxes. Simple, isn't it?

Quote:
Just tried the latest alpha of 2.1.2 and it threw an error when I went to the menu editor. I loaded the avi and then hit the menu editor and it said it can't find a file in my temp directory. Path too long to type, what am I missing? The thumbnail is the part that is wrong, it was the default instead of the frame from the movie.
Could you please post a screenshot of the error? Tnx.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizzin View Post
It's still undersizing quite abit too, this time its 120megs undersized..
With 2.1.2 Alpha build 081128? As usual, I need the log file, or at least more info about the project.

Bye

AVStoDVD Homepage
AVStoDVD @ Doom9 Forum
MrC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2008, 16:18   #566  |  Link
Richardw322

MrC, I'll take this in order to save space. I upgraded to 2.1.2, and in the end it worked. The file it was loooking for was the AVISynth file, and I had to reinstall AVISynth (thanks rendez2k) and it worked fine. As for the title and movie title, I should have thought of space, but what I did was make it "The Movie" so it looks like
IRON MAN
The Movie

Like Space better, but it's done now. Works great!!!
Old 1st December 2008, 16:01   #567  |  Link
MrC
AVStoDVD Dev

@Richardw322

Glad to hear that you hit your target!

@everybody

Have someone tried the new A2DSource function ('Settings'/'Encoding'/'AVS Source Filter')? Any issue?

Bye

AVStoDVD Homepage
AVStoDVD @ Doom9 Forum
Old 8th December 2008, 00:48   #568  |  Link
leoliver

Can't get AVStoDVD to start

Hi Everyone,

I downloaded and installed the latest version of AVStoDVD ,
and it won't start because it says I have no DVD burning hardware on my machine . But I have a external USB SONY DVD RW DRU-720A_JY08 burner. Which has always worked with other software .
But for some strange reason, the SONY DVD RW DRU-720A_JY08 shows up as a CD_RW drive in Windows Explorer , when I have a blank DVD in the drive , but when the drive is empty it reads as a DVD-RW . This has never been a problem with other software . I don't know if it's affecting AVStoDVD or not because I've never had this problem before .
But come to think of it , AVStoDVD says it doesn't detect a DVD burner even when the drive is empty.
Feedback will be appreciated .
Old 8th December 2008, 11:17   #569  |  Link
MrC
AVStoDVD Dev

@leoliver

to detect DVD burning capability, I make use of a standard windows API called GetDriveType. Right now, I have not found any other (somehow) reliable and Visual Basic compatible API to do same job... sorry, no solution so far.

Btw, if AVStoDVD prompts you that on your system there is no DVD burner, it's only a warning, not a shutdown. Don't panic and go ahead. After creating VIDEO_TS/AUDIO_TS dvd structure folders, you can burn them with ImgBurn or with your favourite burning sw.

Bye

AVStoDVD Homepage
AVStoDVD @ Doom9 Forum
Old 8th December 2008, 20:45   #570  |  Link
leoliver

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrC View Post
@leoliver

to detect DVD burning capability, I make use of a standard windows API called GetDriveType. Right now, I have not found any other (somehow) reliable and Visual Basic compatible API to do same job... sorry, no solution so far.

Btw, if AVStoDVD prompts you that on your system there is no DVD burner, it's only a warning, not a shutdown. Don't panic and go ahead. After creating VIDEO_TS/AUDIO_TS dvd structure folders, you can burn them with ImgBurn or with your favourite burning sw.

Bye
Thanks for your reply . Now I have another baffling issue . When I load up a job, and then click "Start" , I always get this error message :

" <12/8/2008 01:39:16 PM>
ERROR DURING OPERATIONS: 75 - Path/File access error
<>

<12/8/2008 01:39:17 PM>
PROCESS ABORTED. "

I've never been able to get past this . How can I fix this ?
Old 9th December 2008, 09:25   #571  |  Link
MrC
AVStoDVD Dev

Quote:
Originally Posted by leoliver View Post
Now I have another baffling issue . When I load up a job, and then click "Start" , I always get this error message :

" <12/8/2008 01:39:16 PM>
<>

<12/8/2008 01:39:17 PM>
PROCESS ABORTED. "

I've never been able to get past this . How can I fix this ?
It seems that some input files or output folder is missing or unreachable. To better understand the problem, I need the full log file and the project .a2d file.

Bye

AVStoDVD Homepage
AVStoDVD @ Doom9 Forum
Old 9th December 2008, 18:34   #572  |  Link
leoliver

Quote:
It seems that some input files or output folder is missing or unreachable. To better understand the problem, I need the full log file and the project .a2d file.

Bye
Here are the files you requested . I also want to say that I also tried AVI2DVD and DVDFlick and neither of those programs would work either.
In the past I have always used Nero Vision for AVI to DVD encoding. I also have FFDShow , (the latest stable version) , MediaCoder and MediaCoder Audio on my WinXP Pro SP3 computer. Along with Nero Show-time , WMP 11 and Media Player Classic 6.4.9.1 for playback.
And I recently updated my DirectX , to the November2008 update.
Thanks again for your on-going help with this issue .

Last edited by leoliver; 18th December 2008 at 19:51.
leoliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2008, 03:38   #573  |  Link
Richardw322

Just ran into a small problem. I tried to run AVSTODVD 2.1.2 on a rather long MKV file, to try to fit it on a DVD 5 disk, and it comes out to 4436 instead of 4435. Think it's too big for a DVD 5. Anything I can do? Other thasn go to DVD (? I am not so sure about layer breaks and stuff. I also want to rip to ISO, then run IMGBurn myself.
Old 10th December 2008, 09:39   #574  |  Link
MrC
AVStoDVD Dev

Quote:
Just ran into a small problem. I tried to run AVSTODVD 2.1.2 on a rather long MKV file, to try to fit it on a DVD 5 disk, and it comes out to 4436 instead of 4435. Think it's too big for a DVD 5. Anything I can do? Other thasn go to DVD (? I am not so sure about layer breaks and stuff. I also want to rip to ISO, then run IMGBurn myself.
It is not a real problem. DVD5 size is:

4'700'372'992 Byte or
4'590'208 KByte or
4'482 MByte

I have decided to put 4'435 MB (equal to 99% of DVD5 size) as "safe" size. Thus, 4'436 MB is absolutely OK and you can safely burn your DVD.

Bye

AVStoDVD Homepage
AVStoDVD @ Doom9 Forum
Old 10th December 2008, 09:48   #575  |  Link
MrC
AVStoDVD Dev

Quote:
Originally Posted by leoliver View Post
Here are the files you requested . I also want to say that I also tried AVI2DVD and DVDFlick and neither of those programs would work either.
In the past I have always used Nero Vision for AVI to DVD encoding. I also have FFDShow , (the latest stable version) , MediaCoder and MediaCoder Audio on my WinXP Pro SP3 computer. Along with Nero Show-time , WMP 11 and Media Player Classic 6.4.9.1 for playback.
And I recently updated my DirectX , to the November2008 update.
Thanks again for your on-going help with this issue .
I need just another file: go to output folder and locate a .log file. Attach it here.

I have noticed that the input file pathname:
Quote:
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\project tunes & videos\The Believe\The Believe.avi
contains a special char ("&"). As a suggestion of mine, never use special chars because their handling is not simple and can cause a lot of problems.

Bye

AVStoDVD Homepage
AVStoDVD @ Doom9 Forum
Old 10th December 2008, 22:13   #576  |  Link
leoliver

Quote:
I need just another file: go to output folder and locate a .log file. Attach it here.

I have noticed that the input file pathname: contains a special char ("&"). As a suggestion of mine, never use special chars because their handling is not simple and can cause a lot of problems.

Bye
I'll change the name of the folder , and replace the "&" with "and".
I received a upload error message , when I tried to attach the project log file. It said that I have already uploaded a file with that name. I changed the name of the log file, but I still received the same upload attachment error message .
So as a work- a-around , I've copied and pasted the .log file .

" <12/9/2008 11:16:13 AM>
<>

<12/9/2008 11:16:13 AM>
PROCESS ABORTED.
<>

<12/9/2008 11:16:39 AM>
<>

<12/9/2008 11:16:39 AM>
PROCESS ABORTED.
<>

"
Thanks for your help .
Old 10th December 2008, 22:22   #577  |  Link
MrC
AVStoDVD Dev

@leoliver

trying to replicate your issue, I have found a bug in 2.1.2 Alpha: when inserting a special char (i.e. ENTER or chr(31)+chr(10)) in DVD Title Label from DVD Menu Editor, it comes out same error message as yours. Is that the case?

Of course I will fix in next release.

Bye

AVStoDVD Homepage
AVStoDVD @ Doom9 Forum
Old 10th December 2008, 23:47   #578  |  Link
Richardw322

Quote:
It is not a real problem. DVD5 size is:

4'700'372'992 Byte or
4'590'208 KByte or
4'482 MByte

I have decided to put 4'435 MB (equal to 99% of DVD5 size) as "safe" size. Thus, 4'436 MB is absolutely OK and you can safely burn your DVD.

Bye
Good to know, I got worried when it turned red. A cosmetic change, how about it turns yellow at 4436 (as in "watch it your getting close") and then red at 4482 ( You are in trouble) If it wouldn't bee a lot of trouble.

Another suggestion, I already have IMGBurn installed in my system. Would it be possible to have the installer handle IMG like it does AVISYNTH, as an option? More cosmetics, but it's as good as commercial stuff now!
Old 11th December 2008, 17:42   #579  |  Link
MrC
AVStoDVD Dev

Quote:
Good to know, I got worried when it turned red. A cosmetic change, how about it turns yellow at 4436 (as in "watch it your getting close") and then red at 4482 ( You are in trouble) If it wouldn't bee a lot of trouble.

Another suggestion, I already have IMGBurn installed in my system. Would it be possible to have the installer handle IMG like it does AVISYNTH, as an option? More cosmetics, but it's as good as commercial stuff now!
Both of them are good (and quite easy to add) suggestions.

Bye

AVStoDVD Homepage
AVStoDVD @ Doom9 Forum
Old 11th December 2008, 17:47   #580  |  Link
MrC
AVStoDVD Dev

AVStoDVD 2.1.2 Final is out.

Change log from previous Alpha:

- Several bugs fixed
- Added 'Settings'/'Advanced'/'Edit Encoder Command Parameters at runtime' option

As you can see, very few news but much more reliability

Bye

AVStoDVD Homepage
AVStoDVD @ Doom9 Forum

Last edited by MrC; 11th December 2008 at 19:13. Reason: Link correction