Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > New and alternative a/v containers

Old 6th October 2011, 14:32   #6001  |  Link
upyzl
zj262144

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calibro View Post
+1

I can't even get Lav Splitter to work no matter what I try.

How do I disable Haali and enable Lav?
you can use Codec Tweak Tool (just 672KB, single exe)

Direct264 Mod (src & win32 builds): code.google.com/p/direct264umod (maybe outdated)
upyzl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2011, 15:14   #6002  |  Link
kennae

Quote:
Originally Posted by roytam1 View Post
Normally if you want to use other (Video/Audio) decoder than ffdshow, you have to change the merit to "Normal" in ffdshow.
Put it to normal ages ago and tried to get LAV Audio to work many times after that. And have changed video decoder many times and it always worked. So it's not that, but good to know.
kennae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2011, 15:20   #6003  |  Link
CruNcher

This is great nev the damaged AAC sound parts (latm) work now, no need for DivX AAC anymore

Though its interesting it still gets this 1 scene of the broken interview sync @ the end compared to Lav Audio (that nowhere can keep sync other then when you seek directly to it)

But its a 100% improvement never the less (instead of getting no audio or brake ups all the time)

PS: Cool i got it sync with Lav Audio too now without seeking

It is about Time

Join the Revolution NOW before it is to Late !

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=168004

Last edited by CruNcher; 6th October 2011 at 16:19.
CruNcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2011, 18:06   #6004  |  Link
TheShadowRunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevcairiel View Post
- Fixed cropping of VP6 video
Arg, no sorry it's still broken:
Sample1 (bottom) / Sample2 (side)

Quote:
- Performance enhancements in the CUVID decoder on some systems
Just.. awesome, thank you very much!
I see you integrated the changes from -delay4 build into 0.37 as I have ZERO "presentation glitches" with the forsaken BBC Japan video

Last edited by TheShadowRunner; 6th October 2011 at 19:30.
TheShadowRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2011, 20:35   #6005  |  Link
Plutotype

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEt View Post
At least mine own renderer does it.

You expect user to apply the delay in all audio decoders and change everything if output is redirected to other screen? Not nice at all.

I thought your stance was "do it right regardless of existing broken code". >_>
I agree with you. Pls try contact madshi when his back on his madVR thread, maybe he can give us some hint how to create some code, where change of video output device would specifically instruct audio delay parameter at MPC-HC audio switcher or LAVaudio. I dont think it will be a easy one.
Old 6th October 2011, 21:55   #6006  |  Link
Mark_A_W
3 eyed CRT supporter

The Audio Delay is great but.....umm....any chance of per-channel delay? That's the type of delay that an audio decoder needs, to make up for the inadequacies of most audio drivers (they all should have delay but they don't).

Thanks

Mark
Mark_A_W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2011, 22:13   #6007  |  Link
Moti172

Hi
I'm having a problem when decoding DTS or DD to pcm via lav-audio, it look's like the channel's order is misplace.
Why is it happening and how can I fix it?

Thanks
Moti172 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2011, 00:26   #6008  |  Link
terminaldawn

I am hoping someone can help me out with a problem I am having.

I am unable to bitstream TrueHD files (mkv), all I get is static. (DTS-MA is working just fine).

I was able to stream TrueHD via FFDSHow before installing and configuring LAV.

I am using the latest version of MPC-HC, also latest version of LAV filter. I do not have haali media filters installed. I am using HDMI connected to a Denon AVR-591 and ATI HD-5850

How can I get TrueHD to work with LAV?

Thanks for any help!!!!

below are screen shots of my settings.

Last edited by terminaldawn; 7th October 2011 at 00:29.
terminaldawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2011, 01:02   #6009  |  Link
SEt

Plutotype, you don't need any complex interactions between video renderer and player/audio decoder even on display switch. It's the same 4 lines of code nevcairiel speak about, just in the video renderer. And as video renderer knows display it works on - it can compensate display delay internally without involving other parts of player.

Personally I don't understand all the fuss over madVR - it's as bad as any other widespread renderer and closed source.
SEt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2011, 01:14   #6010  |  Link
pankov

SEt,
why don't you like madVR? What do you find "bad" in it?
Can you elaborate on the subject of audio delay - from my point of view I think it's the audio renderer that has to do the delay, not the video one. Is it at all possible that the video renderer controls the audio delay?
pankov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2011, 02:32   #6011  |  Link
terminaldawn

I figured this out. I just had to block FFDShow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by terminaldawn View Post
I am hoping someone can help me out with a problem I am having.

I am unable to bitstream TrueHD files (mkv), all I get is static. (DTS-MA is working just fine).

I was able to stream TrueHD via FFDSHow before installing and configuring LAV.

I am using the latest version of MPC-HC, also latest version of LAV filter. I do not have haali media filters installed. I am using HDMI connected to a Denon AVR-591 and ATI HD-5850

How can I get TrueHD to work with LAV?

Thanks for any help!!!!

below are screen shots of my settings.

terminaldawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2011, 08:21   #6012  |  Link
ryrynz

Quote:
Personally I don't understand all the fuss over madVR - it's as bad as any other widespread renderer and closed source.
The fuss is over the the picture quality (color reproduction and tear free playback) enhancements over the other renderers we currently have available.

There is the odd problem here and there but it's core functions work well. I haven't seen any other developers share the same opinion of it, is it that you have experience with better renderers or that MadVR does not do something you want it to do?
ryrynz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2011, 08:30   #6013  |  Link
e-t172

Quote:
In my experience it is much easier to get smooth playback (i.e. no dropped/repeated frames) using madVR than any other renderer. Sometimes it's the only way.
e-t172 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2011, 08:32   #6014  |  Link
RealSnoopyDog

Hi nev! Thanks again for this great software!

One short question: Do you think it's possible to demux quicktime (.mov) files without having quicktime installed? I remember, there was a splitter for this but it always required an installed quicktime library.

Ah, i forgot: when i compiled your latest version 4 days ago, i needed to copy the "libpthread-2.dll" into the LAVSplitter directory. Do you use this right now somewhere? I'm not that familar with VS2010 right now but i'm trying to learn. Currently i try to investigate an issue in libbluray.dll (bad i/o buffering and endless preloading when a new mpls file is opened, which makes playback choppy/stuttering in some cases (e.g. seamless branching to next mpls)).

Last edited by RealSnoopyDog; 7th October 2011 at 08:40.
RealSnoopyDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2011, 09:45   #6015  |  Link
roytam1
Firefox User

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealSnoopyDog View Post
Hi nev! Thanks again for this great software!

One short question: Do you think it's possible to demux quicktime (.mov) files without having quicktime installed? I remember, there was a splitter for this but it always required an installed quicktime library.

Ah, i forgot: when i compiled your latest version 4 days ago, i needed to copy the "libpthread-2.dll" into the LAVSplitter directory. Do you use this right now somewhere? I'm not that familar with VS2010 right now but i'm trying to learn. Currently i try to investigate an issue in libbluray.dll (bad i/o buffering and endless preloading when a new mpls file is opened, which makes playback choppy/stuttering in some cases (e.g. seamless branching to next mpls)).
LAV Splitter should be able to split QuickTime files.

The libpthread dll is used by libavcodec (i.e. gcc/mingw issue). I use gcc from xvidvideo.ru which doesn't need libpthread dll.
roytam1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2011, 10:35   #6016  |  Link
pirlouy
_

Quote:
Provocation. And the "closed source" is noting else than a troll.
If you don't want to be seen as a troll, you'll have to explain, or release a video renderer.
pirlouy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2011, 11:33   #6017  |  Link
STaRGaZeR
4:2:0 hater

@nev, can you update ffmpeg? An old bug got fixed yesterday (regarding softdec) and it would be nice to have it in LAV.

Thanks to Michael for looking into it BTW.
That way, you have xxxx[p|i]yyy, where xxxx is the vertical resolution, yyy is the temporal resolution, and 'i' says the image has been irremediably destroyed.
STaRGaZeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2011, 11:56   #6018  |  Link
Carpo

Here is a strange issue, if I use Win7DSFilterTweaker_4_6 to set Lav Video as the preferred decoder for all formats, then start up Resident Evil 4 on the PC, the Ubisoft intro and all cut scenes play upside down, if I play the .mpg files directly from the Resident Evil 4 directory in MPC-HC they play fine, they also play fine if I remove Lav Video as the preferred decoder, has anyone else had this issue? I know there is a HD pack for it on certain sites, but I don't want to grab it just for the re-encoded videos as its rather large
Old 7th October 2011, 12:01   #6019  |  Link
STaRGaZeR
4:2:0 hater

Ignore, fixed
That way, you have xxxx[p|i]yyy, where xxxx is the vertical resolution, yyy is the temporal resolution, and 'i' says the image has been irremediably destroyed.

Last edited by STaRGaZeR; 7th October 2011 at 12:09.
STaRGaZeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2011, 12:49   #6020  |  Link
Daiz

A bug report from a guy I know (who registered an account but haven't waited the required 5 days yet):

Quote:
When I play a video after opening the options of LAV video decoder with 0.37 i get this:

I'm trying to lock it down, I'm using EVR-CP as the output renderer and when using save image in MPC-HC the image is saved properly, without all the screwed up colors.

- It doesn't appear to happen in madVR, EVR and EVR Sync
- It doesn't happen with 0.36
- It occurs even if you change no option after opening LAV video decoder properties and click cancel to close it
- It doesn't occur if you open the LAV video decoder properties while a video is playing, it must be opened when the player is not playing a video to cause the bug

I'm also using MPC-HC 1.5.3.3751 if that is relevant.

Tags
decoders, directshow, filters, splitter