Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD & BD Rebuilder

Old 31st May 2012, 17:04   #15181  |  Link
Cela

@jdobbs
Thanks for your willingness to investigate. You've got mail.
It's an exciting puzzle. I sincerely hope there will be a good solution.
Cela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2012, 19:11   #15182  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cela View Post
@jdobbs
Thanks for your willingness to investigate. You've got mail.
It's an exciting puzzle. I sincerely hope there will be a good solution.
Got the files and was able to repeat the issue. It'll be fixed for the next release. Look for it in the next day or two.
Old 1st June 2012, 17:25   #15183  |  Link
Cela

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
...It'll be fixed for the next release. Look for it in the next day or two.
I am very happy and grateful that you will be able to fix the flaws of my problem disk! Thank you so much! :

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertM View Post
Disc that are formatted as BD require a specific format. ...
"Selected source is not BD format" seems to be a pretty clear message to me...
I agree with you, its a clear message, but it is a verdict, a conclusion. It does let me understand the _reasons_ for the conclusion, _what shortcoming_ triggered the conclusion, what I should do better. In the discussion since posting #14921 on page 747 I tried to find out _what_ to do better, i.e. what exactly was wrong. Was it the physical disk? A vulneration of the required format? If so, then _what_ format item? Or, was it the drive? Or, was it that AnyDVD had missed something? Etc.

I am very happy now that jdobbs has found a solution for whatever was wrong with my disk and will implement it in the next release.
Cela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2012, 18:37   #15184  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
I am very happy now that jdobbs has found a solution for whatever was wrong with my disk and will implement it in the next release.
The truth is that your disc wasn't "illegal" or "wrong". As it turns out, a part of one of the MPLS files was just exceptionally odd. So the issue was in BD-RB in that it wasn't robust enough to handle that odd (but legal) circumstance.
Old 1st June 2012, 19:44   #15185  |  Link
RobertM

Quote:
In the discussion since posting #14921 on page 747 I tried to find out _what_ to do better, i.e. what exactly was wrong. Was it the physical disk? A vulneration of the required format? If so, then _what_ format item? Or, was it the drive? Or, was it that AnyDVD had missed something? Etc.
You are right that, everything else being equal, it would be better if the error messages were more meaningful to the end user, but it would take some effort on JDobbs' part to provide all those additional messages. The errors have to be reported to JDobbs for resolution anyway, and he already knows what the error codes mean.

I'm just so used to BDRebuilder NOT being the problem -- almost always it is a bad rip, bad decode, pre-processing, faulty drive, overheating processor, etc.
RobertM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2012, 00:22   #15186  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
You are right that, everything else being equal, it would be better if the error messages were more meaningful to the end user, but it would take some effort on JDobbs' part to provide all those additional messages. The errors have to be reported to JDobbs for resolution anyway, and he already knows what the error codes mean.

I'm just so used to BDRebuilder NOT being the problem -- almost always it is a bad rip, bad decode, pre-processing, faulty drive, overheating processor, etc.
You're right. The problem is that there are thousands of possible errors that could happen in a standard as complex as blu-ray. If I tried to create an error message for every one I'd do nothing but type error messages for the next 2 years. The messages aren't meant for the end-user. They are meant to point me to the right place so I can fix it.
Old 2nd June 2012, 14:40   #15187  |  Link
dfsooner

I got the error shown below last night. Got the same error selecting BD-9.

I couldn't find any setting in .ini or in hidden options that would seem relevant. Any suggestions?

Code:
[05:29:32] Source:  SOPRANOS_S6D3
  - Input BD size: 30.20 GB
  - Approximate total content: [02:45:23.997]
  - Target BD size: 22.95 GB
  - Windows Version: 6.1 [7601]
  - Quality: High-Speed Option (BD-25), Two Pass
  - Decoding/Frame serving: DirectShow
  - Audio Settings: AC3=0 DTS=0 HD=1 Kbs=640
[05:29:33] PHASE ONE, Encoding
 - [05:29:33] Processing: VID_00002 (1 of 3)
 - [05:29:33] Extracting A/V streams [VID_00002]
 - [05:36:48] Reencoding video [VID_00002]
   - Source Video: VC-1, 1920x1080
   - Rate/Length: 23.976fps, 77,835 frames
   - Bitrate: 12,826 Kbs
 - [05:36:48] Reencoding: VID_00002, Pass 1 of 2
 - [05:36:49] Reencoding: VID_00002, Pass 2 of 2
 - [06:14:08] Video Encode complete
 - [06:14:08] Processing audio tracks
   - Track 4352 (eng): Keeping original audio
   - Track 4353 (spa): Keeping original audio
 - [06:14:08] Multiplexing M2TS
 - [06:18:45] Processing: VID_00004 (2 of 3)
 - [06:18:45] Extracting A/V streams [VID_00004]
 - Error in attempt to extract audio/subs.
 - AV frame too large (65532 bytes). Increase AV buffer.
[06:21:46] - Failed to retrieve audio, aborted

Code:
[Status]
LABEL=SOPRANOS_S6D3
VERSION=v0.40.09 (beta)
SOURCE_SIZE=32428507588
SOURCE_VIDEO_SIZE=31940352000
TARGET_SIZE=24641536000
REDUCTION=.756202699707254
RESIZE_1080=0
AUDIO_TO_KEEP=all
KEEP_HD_AUDIO=-1
SUBS_TO_KEEP=all
BACKUP_MODE=0
MOVIEONLY_TYPE=0
USE_LAVF=0
INSTANCES=1
DGDECNV=0
QUICK=0
ENCODE_STEP=0
COMPLETED=1
[00002]
AUDIO=11
PGS=1111
VIDEO2=0
V2MBRATE=0
M2TS_TARGET=7999935971
RATE=12826
SPLITS=1
NSTART=27000000
NEND=173086560
NSIZE=7537858560
FLINK=0
MLINK=0
[00004]
AUDIO=111
PGS=11111
dfsooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2012, 15:46   #15188  |  Link
RobertM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfsooner View Post
- AV frame too large (65532 bytes). Increase AV buffer.
I've had this error before -- it was a bad rip.
RobertM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2012, 16:38   #15189  |  Link
dfsooner

Quote:
I've had this error before -- it was a bad rip.
I suppose that's possible but it plays fine with TMT. How do you increase AV buffer?

Last edited by dfsooner; 2nd June 2012 at 18:10.
dfsooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2012, 18:20   #15190  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfsooner View Post
I suppose that's possible but it plays fine with TMT. How do you increase AV buffer?
It's a bad rip.

Never confuse "playing" with "decoding and reencoding" -- playing can ignore errors, decoding/reencoding can't.

The error comes from TSMUXER. The AV buffer isn't really the issue. That's just where the corrupt source showed itself. You'd probably get it no matter how big you made the buffer.

Last edited by jdobbs; 2nd June 2012 at 18:23.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2012, 02:48   #15191  |  Link
Revgen

I was able to solve the run-time error I reported earlier. I found out about a program called "process explorer". So I ran BD Rebuilder and processexplorer told me that one of the places BD Rebuilder first goes to when it's opened is the Application Data folder in Documents and Settings. I went there and found that most of the folders are hidden, including the BD Rebuilder folder. So I decided to unhide them all and see what happens. Now it starts without a hitch. No errors. I rehid the Application Data\BDREBUILDER folder again, and I got the error again. Apparently BDRebuilder doesn't like hidden files or folders.

Curly: Burned at the stake!

Moe: Why?

Curly: A hot steak is always better than a cold chop.

Last edited by Revgen; 3rd June 2012 at 03:04.
Revgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2012, 03:35   #15192  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revgen View Post
I was able to solve the run-time error I reported earlier. I found out about a program called "process explorer". So I ran BD Rebuilder and processexplorer told me that one of the places BD Rebuilder first goes to when it's opened is the Application Data folder in Documents and Settings. I went there and found that most of the folders are hidden, including the BD Rebuilder folder. So I decided to unhide them all and see what happens. Now it starts without a hitch. No errors. I rehid the Application Data\BDREBUILDER folder again, and I got the error again. Apparently BDRebuilder doesn't like hidden files or folders.
It's your O/S that is in error. BD-Rebuilder doesn't access those specifically -- it is the redirection of your O/S that does it. Apps are supposed to have access to the application data folders. In other words, something is misconfigured in your system.
Old 3rd June 2012, 03:42   #15193  |  Link
Revgen

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
It's your O/S that is in error. BD-Rebuilder doesn't access those specifically -- it is the redirection of your O/S that does it. Apps are supposed to have access to the application data folders. In other words, something is misconfigured in your system.
Hmm...interesting. Unfortunately I can't begin to fathom where the misconfiguration is.

I'm just glad it's working now.

Old 3rd June 2012, 07:20   #15194  |  Link
ceet12

hi jdobbs, quick question not used bd rebuilder for a while as bd drive broke and i have since bought a new one,

when trying to set up the codecs as described on the first page, i think i set up some wrong, or couldn't find the exact setting, as i right clicked inspect, and opened the program, and it seemed to correct everything for me automatically as since clicking inspect again everything is set to ok?, im assuming that it should work correct as inspect has set it for me, or do i need to go back into ffshow and rest manually?

also im recently trying to rip a backup blu ray with ipbot and its asking me to update my ffdshow to rev 4400 or newer, if i update, would this break the bd rebuilder settings?

Hope you can help, thanks again
ceet12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2012, 14:25   #15195  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceet12 View Post
hi jdobbs, quick question not used bd rebuilder for a while as bd drive broke and i have since bought a new one,

when trying to set up the codecs as described on the first page, i think i set up some wrong, or couldn't find the exact setting, as i right clicked inspect, and opened the program, and it seemed to correct everything for me automatically as since clicking inspect again everything is set to ok?, im assuming that it should work correct as inspect has set it for me, or do i need to go back into ffshow and rest manually?

also im recently trying to rip a backup blu ray with ipbot and its asking me to update my ffdshow to rev 4400 or newer, if i update, would this break the bd rebuilder settings?

Hope you can help, thanks again
BD-RB will set the CODECs for you if you right-click and "Run as Administrator"... but INSPECT doesn't do so.

As for FFDSHOW, it depends on the version used and any bugs in it. I haven't tested any of the newer versions, the last one I've tested is 4052. It should be ok to upgrade -- but if you run into any problems, revert to one of the recommended releases before reporting anything as a bug in BD-RB.
Old 3rd June 2012, 14:28   #15196  |  Link
Ch3vr0n

if everything is set as ok, then you should be good to go unless you're using any kind of codec pack like klite etc. If you do, remove em. They usually interfere with BDRB's operations. Do NOT update to 4400 or newer. It has not been tested to work correctly with BDRB. If you do update, you do so at your own risc for multiple reasons. 1) The latest versions are not tried & tested and probably do not work correctly like BDRB wants them too and 2) jdobbs does not accept any kind of bug report from versions that do not match the ones in the first post
Ch3vr0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2012, 19:37   #15197  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

if latest ffdshow works in ripbot so it has to also work in bdrb.
Atak_Snajpera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2012, 19:44   #15198  |  Link
AmigaFuture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revgen View Post
Hmm...interesting. Unfortunately I can't begin to fathom where the misconfiguration is.

I'm just glad it's working now.
That's why I suggested using MSConfig. It's _a_ step to answering the question "Why?". That's still my suggestion while you're now enjoying using BD-RB.
Old 3rd June 2012, 21:58   #15199  |  Link
Revgen

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmigaFuture View Post
That's why I suggested using MSConfig. It's _a_ step to answering the question "Why?". That's still my suggestion while you're now enjoying using BD-RB.
I tried MSConfig with "diagnostic startup" before I unhid the application data. The problem was still present. So it's a fairly specific issue that's deeply rooted.

Old 3rd June 2012, 22:44   #15200  |  Link
HiQ123

A question to jdoobs:

I read in the Frequently Asked Questions thread about AUTO_BIAS=n the following:

"You replace the "n" with one of 3 values: 0, 1, or 2. "0" tells the quality selection to have a bias toward speed, "1" (the default) balances speed and quality, and "2" tells the quality selection algorithim to have a bias toward higher quality."

But in the HIDDENOPTS file it says: n = 0-3 - Def=1, Auto Qual bias, 0=high speed, 1=normal, 2=high quality, 3=highest qual

Can I use 3? What is the difference between 2 and 3 (quality and speed)?
HiQ123 is offline   Reply With Quote