Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Announcements and Chat > News

Old 29th July 2020, 00:18   #1  |  Link
FranceBB
Broadcast Encoder

Adobe Flash Player from 32.0.0.371 contain a time-bomb

We all know that Adobe repeatedly said that the support for Adobe Flash Player will come to an end in 2021 after many years. They've been saying it for quite some time, but this time, with 5 months still to go, they took some extra steps: they removed the whole archive page and now instead of letting you download older versions, it just says that support will be over on December 31st, 2020.
The second step, which is the most important one, is that now all versions of Adobe Flash Player newer than 32.0.0.371 contain a time-bomb. After 12-Jan-2021 websites and even local SWF-files will not playback. If you set the clock to January 2021, you'll see it. Adobe said that Flash will not only be unsupported after the end of the year, but it will no longer even work, and I guess they meant it! I know they do it for security reasons, but that's bad... I mean, putting notifications, fair enough, introducing a banner saying that it will be discontinued, fair enough, but removing the whole archive and putting a time-bomb inside an executable?! I mean, c'mon... I know that they're doing it for security concerns, but honestly, they shouldn't take such an extreme measure, 'cause perhaps I'm not on a machine connected to internet, perhaps I wanna run .swf files locally... Adobe shouldn't artificially block Flash, it should be up to the users, really...
Anyway, this is what they decided and I wanted to let you know...
FranceBB is offline   Reply With Quote