Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD & BD Rebuilder
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 19th March 2009, 10:57   #2141  |  Link
colinhunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyBK View Post
No, nothing went wrong... the 'do not reencode AC3' is if you are retaining an AC3 stream, then you can check that option so that BD-RB doesn't reencode that stream since it's not really needed. JDobbs has purposely not enabled the abilty to retain TrueHD audio as of yet... he wants to keep the betas without some capabilities to help speed up bug issue fixes if there arises a need.
OK, that makes sense. Thanks for the info! Here's hoping JDobbs enables THD (and DTS-HD) support soonish.

Quote:
Anyways, sounds like you got a successful encoding on your first attempt... great job...
Also shows how far along BD-RB Is already..
Yeah, it's a lovely piece of software. Made a donation already

Here's something I noticed a moment ago: As I disabled the English THD tracks as well as some of the subtitles, the output now lists two audio tracks, both French, and 7 subtitles, all English. The original has 7 subtitles, but they're all different languages.
colinhunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2009, 10:59   #2142  |  Link
colinhunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by tekmobile View Post
No TrueHD & DTS-HD are currently not supported although I have succesfully (works on my player at least) re-encoded a disc with DTS-HD still intact and working by seperatly demuxing the audio track and overwriting the DTS core track that BD-RB demuxed and letting it rebuild
That's interesting. How did you do the "injection", exactly?
Old 19th March 2009, 11:42   #2143  |  Link
colinhunt

Thank you, tekmobile! I'll have to give that approach a try.
Old 19th March 2009, 14:23   #2144  |  Link
Furiousflea

Quote:
Originally Posted by smnckl View Post
I believe that jdobbs had stated that P-I-P was not a priority. Is it possible for you to de-select the second audio track when the mpls listing is displayed before you start the backup?

It is probably possible to find out which track it is using txMuxeR or eac3to.

Just my 2 cents.
The audio track corresponding to the PIP video track has been deselected with same results.

edit - maybe I mis-explained my problem - I'm not expecting the 2nd video track to work! Just that the main track plays with audio. A few discs with 2nd video tracks haven't played audio (not just the universal ones where there seems to be a quesion mark of a known problem there). Just reporting my findings, I'm not hounding for 2nd video track support I've learnt my lesson a while back that this is a beta.

Last edited by Furiousflea; 19th March 2009 at 15:03.
Furiousflea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2009, 15:58   #2145  |  Link
dmusicbest
Dmusicbest

Hi, help me Bd Rebuilder 0.20.03 don't work with me.
i have windows xp sp3 with AMD Phenom II X4 920 2,80 hz with 4 GO of memory and an ATI Radéon HD 3600.
I install ffdshow halia media splitter avisynth 2.58 I do ffdshow with mpeg is on and vc1 out
What is the good configuration for audio ffdshow?
I have this message :
Input BD size: 24,09 GB
- Approximate total content: [01:33:35.718]
- Target BD size: 22,90 GB
[08:39:01] PHASE ONE, Encoding
- [08:39:01] Extracting audio/subs [VID_00000]
- [08:46:28] Collecting video information [00000]
- Video: 1920x1080, 23,976fps
- Bitrate: 25*000 Kbs
- [08:46:28] Reencoding: VID_00000, Pass 1 of 2
- [10:01:45] Reencoding: VID_00000, Pass 2 of 2
- [14:35:44] Video Encode complete
- [14:35:44] Reencoding audio tracks
- ERROR in attempt to reencode audio (AFTEN) [AUD_00000__4352.WAV]
[14:35:44] - Failed to reencode audio, aborted

BD REBUILDER.INF :
VERSION=v0.20.03 (beta)
SOURCE_SIZE=25862699414
SOURCE_VIDEO_SIZE=25812510720
TARGET_SIZE=24589107200
REDUCTION=.950659886292533
RESIZE_1080=0
AUDIO_TO_KEEP=eng;fra;fre;
SUBS_TO_KEEP=eng;fra;fre;
BACKUP_MODE=0
QUICK=0
ENCODE_STEP=3
[00000]
AUDIO=10100000
PGS=10100
M2TS_TARGET=22116891436
RATE=25000

anythink what i do the audio is error.
Help me please.
dmusicbest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2009, 16:46   #2146  |  Link
Furiousflea

Quote:
I set a custom disc size 2GB smaller than a BD-25 this can be done by adding "TARGET_SIZE=21450" to the BDREBUILDER.INI file then in the program click the settings menu > options > custom target size (21450MB)

Then just started the encode as normal once BD-RB has extracted the audio/pgs streams for the movie and started doing the 1stpass I opened the movie m2ts in tsmuxerGUI and just selected the english DTS-HD track i wanted, click the demux checkbox and set the output to the workfiles directory of BD-RB this then overwrote the dts file that BD-RB extracted with the dts-hd that i selected.

After BD-RB had finished the encode it then proceeded to rebuild the m2ts file with the DTS-HD track I had demuxed to the workfiles directory did the rest of the disc and rebuilt the disc structure.

When I did this it was just a trial didnt expect it to work but the disc played back on my player with no problems states audio as DTS-HD MSTR everything worked perfect.

There may be more to it but it worked for me because if it was that simple im sure it would have been integrated from the start

TrueHD may be a different matter but only the very latest version of tsmuxer can do TrueHD properly (1.8.30 i believe)
You might have to sit in naughty corner when jdobbs reads this post This would work most likely as DTS\DSTHD\DTSMA share same tag....TrueHD\AC3 share same tag. LPCM does not share same tag as AC3 which it would be encoded to so that wouldn't work at this time.

I'm posting this just so nobody wastes their time trying it with LPCM and please don't report any problems doing this here.

Your on your own
Old 19th March 2009, 17:08   #2147  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

They definitely not share the same tag.
Old 19th March 2009, 18:56   #2148  |  Link
Furiousflea

Quote:
Originally Posted by deank View Post
Well, it works
Old 19th March 2009, 23:22   #2149  |  Link
tekmobile
Webmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furiousflea View Post
You might have to sit in naughty corner when jdobbs reads this post This would work most likely as DTS\DSTHD\DTSMA share same tag....TrueHD\AC3 share same tag. LPCM does not share same tag as AC3 which it would be encoded to so that wouldn't work at this time.

I'm posting this just so nobody wastes their time trying it with LPCM and please don't report any problems doing this here.

Your on your own
Yes its important that if you try this method its at your own risk dont complain to jdobbs if you get errors etc
tekmobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2009, 23:23   #2150  |  Link
tekmobile
Webmaster

Quote:
Well, it works
What works ?? are you refering to LPCM or DTS-HD/TrueHD
tekmobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2009, 23:33   #2151  |  Link
Furiousflea

Quote:
What works ?? are you refering to LPCM or DTS-HD/TrueHD
Feel free to ignore the following, not BD related, just an answer to this question...

Quote:
DTS\TrueHD both work. If you replace tsmuxer with new version that works with TrueHD. If you go back 10 pages or so you will see that I was looking for a solution that you list and in the end did what your suggesting although I didn't discuss it because jdobbs was getting pretty cheesed off with it all. At the time I was being abit narrow minded and couldn't see his problem as I didn't think there was much potential for it introducing bugs, I still don't. But it's not my forum and I'm not a coder so respect to the author and it being a beta means that I kept it to myself.

I shouldn't really be mentioning it at all. It's obviously going to be implemented at some point. I certainly won't be asking questions on it again.

The weird thing is that I noticed that clpi\playlist files DO get updated properly. Well BDedit reports the audio correctly, and eac3to with various frontends pick up the audio correctly too.

I haven't even tried it with LPCM to be honest because BDRB encodes all LPCM to AC3 so prolly never a good time to switch it since audio coding is done at end of 2nd pass.

I know it might be frowned on but I needed to do something with my ripped discs and I coudn't justify wasting a BD disc on anything but a full movie encode with HD audio.
I do not recommend anyone does this.
Old 20th March 2009, 01:13   #2152  |  Link
smmonk

I too have found a problem. After having tried a few editions (everything went fine from the first try), I upgraded to v0.20.03.
This time I tried Spider Man 3, 2 disc edition. I tried target size BD9. As it's orig. size is something like 46GB, I had to dump all audio except the LPCM track. I set resizing to 720P, but I'm afraid I have to say that the quality was really bad. The picture looked very low-res. On the second run I let it stay at 1080pm the other settings ware the same ... and now the picture looked much much better. How is this possible?
Before burning the iso that I created with ImgBurn, I decided to test it with PowerDVD. And that's where I found a strange bug that I haven't found before (although I'm still testing with other films).
Spider Man 3 has got quite a few subs, but the BD9 didn't show all of them correctly. The first two were correct. From the subs 3 to 9 (if I'm correct) the sequence was altered like the third one was put back in line: The third one I could select being Dutch, I selected it for playback and saw Arabic. When selecting Arabic, I saw Hebrew .. (instead of 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9, it became 1,2,4,5,6,7,8,9,3) while I did select the correct one in the menu. The subtitles 10-15 were correct.

Since I never saw this before, I tried switching back to v0.18.07, but it said 'trial expired' all of a sudden. So I cannot try this movie with an older version anymore.
smmonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2009, 02:26   #2153  |  Link
GaPony

Version 19.06 still works... at least for the time being, but that wouldn't be useful from a beta tester standpoint.
GaPony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2009, 22:08   #2154  |  Link
Capsbackup

@jdobbs,
I may have missed this if it was mentioned before, so sorry in advance, but how long does each version work/last before expiration?
Capsbackup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2009, 02:05   #2155  |  Link
datman

I just encoded Changeling all seemed to go fine except the video stops about 1:49 min into it. The audio still runs all the way to the end correctly while the video is froze at 1:49
datman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2009, 02:29   #2156  |  Link
MikeyBK

Quote:
Originally Posted by datman View Post
I just encoded Changeling all seemed to go fine except the video stops about 1:49 min into it. The audio still runs all the way to the end correctly while the video is froze at 1:49
I did Changeling to a movie-only BD-9 and it played fine. Forget which BD-RB version it was with, gotta look it up in the log, but just wanted to give you feedback that it was fine to a BD-9. What were your settings?
Old 21st March 2009, 03:08   #2157  |  Link
datman

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyBK View Post
I did Changeling to a movie-only BD-9 and it played fine. Forget which BD-RB version it was with, gotta look it up in the log, but just wanted to give you feedback that it was fine to a BD-9. What were your settings?
for all I know this was a W7 error. Many of my problem are in my setup or just lack of understanding some of the little stuff. Many are just glitches and I have half a mind to go back to XP and see how it does
datman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2009, 04:15   #2158  |  Link
GaPony

Quote:
Originally Posted by datman View Post
That's happened on two or three movies... Pride & Glory, Saw V, and another one, I think. I tried running them again and everything was back to normal. There were no errors in the log, so I don't know what happened. I place them under my normal category for flaws..... Gremlins.
GaPony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2009, 11:49   #2159  |  Link
smmonk

Quote:
Originally Posted by smmonk View Post
Spider Man 3 has got quite a few subs, but the BD9 didn't show all of them correctly. The first two were correct. From the subs 3 to 9 (if I'm correct) the sequence was altered like the third one was put back in line: The third one I could select being Dutch, I selected it for playback and saw Arabic. When selecting Arabic, I saw Hebrew .. (instead of 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9, it became 1,2,4,5,6,7,8,9,3) while I did select the correct one in the menu. The subtitles 10-15 were correct.
Hmmmm. I did Pursuit Of Happyness and that worked out just fine. But the retry of Spider Man 3 gave the same results (although the new sequence is 1,2,4,5,6,7,8,3 .. from 9-14 was correct).
Any thoughts how this is possible?
smmonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2009, 12:29   #2160  |  Link
Furiousflea

Quote:

Your on your own
Just did a thorough check of this method to inject HD audio and it does NOT work. DTS will appear to be playing, but if you check it will only be normal DTS and not MA. TrueHD won't work at all.

Don't try it.