Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > Avisynth Usage
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 28th March 2014, 17:17   #21  |  Link
StainlessS
HeartlessS Usurer

Not sure, I think you need 32 bit VDub (I still use XP32, and will continue to after APRIL 8 [when
dropped from Ms support, I think])

I see no reason why windows Media player should not open the script, although it would just seem to hang
until script comleted.

Should be able to open avs script containing only eg:

Code:
return Colorbars()

Yes, it looks like you have Avisynth v2.58 installed, I think many of the DebugView messages
are coming from v2.58 eg "CAVIStreamSynth::QueryInterface()" messages, v2.58 was I think complied
with debug logging enabled.
I use v2.6, might be beter choice than v2.58, despite it being alpha, is more stable than v2.58, IMHO.
If you set DebugView filter (EDIT menu), to only display lines with a colon (':') then it would only
capture relevant messages (mostly), I nearly always use a colon in debug messages.

yep, you were correct, FrameSel v2.12, not v1.12 (my mistake).
However, it may be that you installed v2.6 plugin (for Avisynth v2.6) and so Avisynth cannot find it.
(Avisynth v2.6 can load v2.5 plugins but Avisynth v2.58 cannot load v2.6 plugins).
In the folder named 'Avisynth25' not 'Avisynth26' unless you change to Avisynth v2.6Alpha5.

Looks like we are dropping way too many frames

Code:
DropDupSequences: Dropping 18526 of 18785 frames [1920x1080 1252.33 secs (20.87 Mins) @ 15.00 FPS]
As you say you are using screencaps (TechSmith codec), I assumed duplicate sequences would be pretty
identical, looks like (by dropped frame numbers) that this is not the case.
Is there something other than purely desktop involved (do the captures contain windows displaying
streamed video or something else from lossy compressed source). (I'm under impression that TechSmith
is lossless but intended for non complex image capture eg DeskTop with a limited number of colors,
and little change from frame to frame).

Once we get it working OK, then you can use Premiere (I think) or MeGUI to output x264/mp4.

For just now, suggest install correct FrameSel plug, and change config to something like
Code:
LODIFFMED  = 1
HIDIFFMED  = 1
LODIFFAL   = 1.0
HIDIFFAL   = 1.0
LODIFFSTD  = 1.0
HIDIFFSTD  = 1.0
LODIFFINR  = 1.0
HIDIFFINR  = 1.0
MAX_LDIFF  = 20.0
and see what happens

Is it possible that you could use VirtualDub to chop out two sets of duplicate frames (about half a dozen of each)
and save them with "Direct Stream Copy" on Video Menu. I dont want to be downloading gigabytes of stuff on my Mobile BroadBand,
ideally no more than about 40-50MB. You can send me PM with link if you prefer.
EDIT: Upload to Mediaifre or SendSpace(no account needed for SendSpace), and maybe 100MB max, I can use broadband
instead.

I'm still playing with this, mainly the KeepUnique version as it seems more useful, also, if you are not using purely desktop
caps then the non keep unique version is probably not the way to go for you either.

"Some infinities are bigger than other infinities", but how many of them are infinitely bigger ???

Last edited by StainlessS; 28th March 2014 at 17:33.
StainlessS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2014, 23:45   #22  |  Link
StainlessS
HeartlessS Usurer

currently mobile (in pub), now I see the sample, I better know what we are dealing with, quite some problem. as most frames identical and with very small differences between edits and undos, suggest all config stuff be set to 0 or 0.0.
had also come to conclusion that no keep unique of little use, however it seems that it is exactly what we need but with all zero tolerances.
if it does work, resultant clip will be only a few frames and may need for each frame to be duplicated. maybe 60 times each, or setting Framerate to 0.5 fps.
I shall have a play and get back to you.
nice art work by the way, wish I could paint.

"Some infinities are bigger than other infinities", but how many of them are infinitely bigger ???
Old 29th March 2014, 03:54   #23  |  Link
eduardobedoya

Thanks man,
programmers are digital architects, digital engineers
all digital painting n 3d modeling is based on programming, so
Thanks man again, wish I could understand more of programming, with all that planning and design.

Last edited by eduardobedoya; 29th March 2014 at 03:57.
eduardobedoya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2014, 00:48   #24  |  Link
StainlessS
HeartlessS Usurer

Seem to have hit a problem, I was getting weird numbers from the script, and it seems that Avisynth
AviSource video source filter, aint working terribly well with TechSmith codec. We gets lots of
black flashing frames, which presumably mean something like 'Copy the previous frame exactly",
ie in the video stream there are probably some kind of flags that tell the app to duplicate previous frames,
and for those frames TechSmith delivers only black frames or frame 'differences'.
I did try cutting out just frames 14 and 16 from your sample and saving with "Direct Stream Copy",
to another AVI, and it actually saved 17 frames (0-16). DivX and XDiv only allow you to cut video at
KEY frames, I just checked in Vdub, first KEY frame = 0, next is 807, then 836, 848 , 1657, 1807, 1815, and then
no more.

EDIT: From post #3,
Quote:
Clip should be seekable, eg NOT DivX with single keyframe (way too slow)
So TechSmith is NOT cutt-able at each frame, and to properley extract eg frame 806, it may need to seek
all the way back to frame 0 to decode that frame (and decode all frames between 0 and 806).
DirectShowSource() seems to work OK, but Directshow is notorious for delivering the wrong frames (guesses),
I'll have a go at getting the script working using DirectShowSource, but cannot guarentee the results as we
do really need frame accurate seeking. You may have to re-encode to uncompressed RGB (or better, UT_Video
codec as RGB24 or 32) before trying out the script.

There is a thread on-site mentioning the exact same problem here:- http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.ph...ce#post1062041

and there seemed to have been no resolution for that problem.

Would you mind if I gave a link to your sample, it may be that developers are not aware that AviSource does not play nice with video samples
containing TechSmith 'Repeat frame' flags (or whatever they might be called) ?

below just so you can see what I mean.
Code:
# Loads using FOURCC 'tsc2', TechSmith Screen Codec 2 (v1.0.6 April 23 2013)

AVISource("painting test for avisynth.avi")            # Junk frames where duplicate frame flags
#AVIFileSource("painting test for avisynth.avi")        # Junk frames where duplicate frame flags
#OpenDMLSource("painting test for avisynth.avi")        # Junk frames where duplicate frame flags

# Info()                                                # This actually forces AviSource to work as it modifies the input frame
                                                        # BUT NOT with below Trim()

#DirectShowSource("painting test for avisynth.avi")     # Seems to work (but lots of seeking probably)

#Trim(806,-1)  # Frame before 2nd KEY frame
return last
EDIT:
From Avisynth v2.6 Docs:
Quote:
built-in OpenDML code (taken from VirtualDub)
Stange that Vdub current and even VDubMod load/play clip OK, whereas Avisynth dont, looks like an AviSource bug to me,
have not checked against Avisynth v2.58, dont seem any point as above unresolved problem link was back in 2007.

EDIT: And just so I dont forget where I got it, here the decoder only tsc2 codec from TechSmith: https://support.techsmith.com/entrie...andalone-codec

EDIT:
Looks like it may be connected to 'dropped_frame's, perhaps somewhere near here
Code:
PVideoFrame AVISource::GetFrame(int n, IScriptEnvironment* env)

Last edited by StainlessS; 31st March 2014 at 19:01.
Old 1st April 2014, 01:48   #25  |  Link
eduardobedoya

Sure buddy, use the link as you desire.

Thanks StainlessS,
Yes, Techsmith is a very compressed video format, but it remains lossless, I guess it uses that kind of artifacts when recording, because the filesize is very small when most of the screen remain the same while recording, whereas when the screen is zoomed and panned very often while recording the file size is quite large (both files with the same duration).

Sure man, use the link as you want, pls let me know if there is some improvement, I saw the other post with the same problem, but that guy never upload any sample right? I hope you could deliver this sample to good hands.

On the other hand, Its possible that I reencode all the videos in order to avisynth to read them? what encoder do you suggest? a MPEG kind? there is some lossless alternatives? sometime ago I tried lots of codecs to decide whichone use to record the speedpaintings, Techsmith was the best.

PD: what is the tsc2 decoder link for?

Last edited by eduardobedoya; 1st April 2014 at 01:51.
Old 1st April 2014, 04:37   #26  |  Link
StainlessS
HeartlessS Usurer

Quote:
what is the tsc2 decoder link for?
so I know where I got it, and for anyone else eg developer wanting to test out problem.

Find here, new version RT_Stats (without FrameSel) and update scripts.

Tried Fsel_Eduardobedoya_Batch.avs using DirectShowSource on TSCC, works but very slow (instantiates codec
on every frame and sends bucket loads of identical text to DebugView). Unfortunately, it delivers
wrong frames (ie guesses, as I said earlier), so of no use.

If you convert TSCC clips to either RGB compressed or YV12, maybe HuffYUV or UT_Video codecs, will work fine.
Here is update script and dll, works great. LINK REMOVED

Also included a script to remove duplicate sequences from a clip.
Tested using 3 trailer type clips with some differing sequences in each, joined them together and it removes the duplicate seqs.

You could try this to convert to UT_Video, named 'Whatever.bat'
Code:
setlocal

REM Where to Find ffmpeg
set FFMPEG="C:\BIN\ffmpeg.exe"

REM Where to get input file, No terminating Backslash, "." = current directory
set INDIR="."

REM Where to place output file, No terminating Backslash.
set OUTDIR="D:\AVS\AVI"

FOR %%A IN (*.avi) DO (
REM  %FFMPEG% -i "%INDIR%\%%A" huffyuv -acodec pcm_s16le "%OUTDIR%\%%~nxA.AVI"
  %FFMPEG% -i "%INDIR%\%%A" -vcodec utvideo "%OUTDIR%\%%~nxA.AVI"

)

Pause
EDITED: REM'ed out statement converts to HUFFYUV and PCM audio (if present)

You can get ffmpeg from eg MeGUI or google it.

EDIT: I've posted your sample TSCC clip in AviSynth 2.6.0 Alpha5 thread as a bug report sample. here:http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.ph...58#post1675858

Last edited by StainlessS; 17th December 2014 at 21:41.
Old 1st April 2014, 08:58   #27  |  Link
eduardobedoya

Thanks StainlessS

Thanks StainlessS
I upgrade the RT_Stats and the avs script.

I really get used to record using camtasia tsc2 codec, do you think it may be possible to solve that avisynth issue with tsc2 in the near future?

I have started to look for another lossless 24bit color screen capture codec (in order to avoid having to convert all tsc2 videos before using avisynth), do you have a screen capture codec to suggest?

About the convertion, I was thinking about a batch converter
what do you think about this app? it has CUDA acceleration.
http://www.mediacoderhq.com/
Is there another way to convert all 20 videos at once?
I am really concern about lossing quality in the convertion, do you think ffmpeg is my best choice, to which codec should I convert?

Thanks Advanced.

Last edited by eduardobedoya; 1st April 2014 at 16:32.
Old 1st April 2014, 16:35   #28  |  Link
StainlessS
HeartlessS Usurer

TSCC is not an editable format, meant for capture or archival purposes, you want to edit it, and so need in editable format.
Whether AviSource is fixed or not, it will be very slow (as it aint an editable format) and as my script does a lots of seeking
(as it has to, to do the job), even if Avisource is fixed, it may still suffer from seek problems (that may actually be fault of the
codec). Techsmith is probably as good as any other screen cap codec, but they will all suffer from same problem, ie not an
editable format. (EDIT: at least lossless ones will eg TechSmith, MJpeg, Motion Jpeg used in eg Camera or TV caps is not
lossless, and to some extent is editable, but as you want a lossless real time screen capture codec, they will likely not be editable).

The Batch .bat script provided will convert all AVI files in the same dir as batch script, at once. I edited the bat file with the REM'ed out
statement to do the same using HuffYUV codec instead (and with PCM audio if present).

You could even use ffmpeg to batch convert all you TSCC clips at once, directly to x264-mp4, I dont off hand know the command
for that but I'm sure someone else could offer that info. However, it does not solve your problem of wanting to remove the EDIT/UNDO's
from the clip.
I'm not really sure what is inside the TSCC clips, think that it's RGB but MediaInfo gives little info, and one app I tried mentioned YV24
although did not seem to be sure.
The UNDO removal avs script converts to REC601 YV12, this is so that whatever is input (YV12, RGB or YUY2 or whatever), uses the same settings
and dont need to keep changing with different clips, there is also a config option to extract edited clip with a ConvertToYV12 (for conversion to x264/mp4) if required.
Suggest convert to compressed RGB (will be without conversion, if it is indeed RGB to begin with), use edit/undo script
(which will only convert to YV12 during detection and extraction script creation) and then use resultant scripts as input to whatever you choose to render
eg x264/mp4.

EDIT:
I used to use MediaCoder (not the hq version) some time ago, but got annoyed with it for some reason and no longer use it,
I'm sure it will be just fine if you abandon the idea of editing out the UNDO's (or decide to do it by hand in MediaCoder, likely a lot more
work than already suggested options).

Last edited by StainlessS; 1st April 2014 at 23:30.
Old 1st April 2014, 22:09   #29  |  Link
StainlessS
HeartlessS Usurer

Seems that content of TSCC2 is YV24 (rec601 I think, 16 -> 235)

Tried conversion of TSCC to YV24 uncompressed, managed to do it but U and V were crossed over,
seems to be some confusion about which way around they should be.
Suggest convert to RGB, almost no difference in colorspace conversion and a heluva lot less bother than YV24,
results of a little experimentation below.

Code:
setlocal

REM Where to Find ffmpeg
set FFMPEG="C:\BIN\ffmpeg.exe"

REM Where to get input files, No terminating Backslash, "." = current directory
set INDIR="."

set OUTDIR="D:\AVS\AVI"

REM Converts all below input formats in INDIR to avi files in OUTDIR directory (could add to below formats).
FOR %%A IN (*.wmv *.asf *.mpg *.mpeg *.avi *.flv *.mov *.mp4 *.m4v *.RAM *.RM *.mkv *.TS) DO (

REM Uncomment ie REMOVE 'REM' from beginning of one of below lines (And REM out the currently Un-commented line).

REM Convert Video to forced RGB24 (ULRG) UT_Video Codec, audio PCM 16 Bit (if Present) 
    %FFMPEG% -i "%INDIR%\%%A" -vcodec utvideo -pix_fmt rgb24 -acodec pcm_s16le "%OUTDIR%\%%~nxA.AVI"

REM Convert Video to UT_Video Codec (YV24 and YV12 to ULY0(YV12), YUY2 to ULY2, RGB to ULRG), audio PCM 16 Bit (if Present) 
REM     %FFMPEG% -i "%INDIR%\%%A" -vcodec utvideo -acodec pcm_s16le "%OUTDIR%\%%~nxA.AVI"

REM Convert Video to forced RGB24 HuffYUV Codec, audio PCM 16 Bit (if Present) 
REM     %FFMPEG% -i "%INDIR%\%%A" -vcodec huffyuv -pix_fmt rgb24  -acodec pcm_s16le "%OUTDIR%\%%~nxA.AVI"

REM Convert Video to HuffYUV Codec (if YUV then YUY2, Else RGB), audio PCM 16 Bit (if Present) 
REM     %FFMPEG% -i "%INDIR%\%%A" -vcodec huffyuv -acodec pcm_s16le "%OUTDIR%\%%~nxA.AVI"

)

Pause
By the way, a UT_Video compressed YV12 version of your 27MB TechSmith clip is 2.57GB in size, and in RGB is 4.53GB,
but they are editable.

EDIT: Seems Virtualdub has a screen capture mode, might be worth a look, see the help, Video Capture.

Last edited by StainlessS; 2nd April 2014 at 15:56.
Old 2nd April 2014, 16:03   #30  |  Link
StainlessS
HeartlessS Usurer

Not sure if this will work for you, as I have read somewhere that Windows 8 64 bit, broke Video For Windows interface
(used by VDub).

If you find that whatever program you want to use to encode (eg Premiere, MeGUI), cannot accept avs files,
then you could batch process them all to edited AVI files.

See Here: http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.ph...pt#post1628221

Forgot all about doing that.

After tscc2 conversion to AVI using eg ffmpeg .bat,

you could then process resultant clips using my avs batch script for the EDIT/UNDO removal

then, copy the resultant avs files to another empty directory (just the avs files),
so that they are NOT in same place as original AVI files (reason hilited at end of last
post in link above).

then process the copied AVS using another batch script (as in above link) with the
directories edited to suit.
this would enable you to do an entire job lot in 3 batch processes.

Batch file from above link repeated here
VdBatch.bat
Code:
setlocal

REM VirtualDub Directory, No terminating Backslash, "." = current directory
  set VDDIR="C:\NON-INSTALL\VDUB\VDUB_PLAIN"

REM Where to Find VDUB with GUI
REM  set VD=%VDDIR%"\VirtualDub.exe"

REM Where to Find VDUB command line.
  set VD=%VDDIR%"\VDub.exe"

REM Where to Find VDUB Settings
  set VDS=%VDDIR%"\VD.vcf"

set INDIR=".\INPUT"

set OUTDIR=".\OUTPUT"

REM Execute Vdub using script, clear command queue, batch mode, source dir, dest dir, process queue, exit 
  %VD% /s %VDS% /c /b %INDIR% %OUTDIR% /r /x

Pause
You need to set up settings eg codec, save settings then execute the batch file, and it will
do the lot, pulling in the avs files (results of EDIT/UNDO script), and then create AVI's in the output dir.

Last edited by StainlessS; 2nd April 2014 at 17:45.
Old 12th April 2014, 17:45   #31  |  Link
eduardobedoya

Hi StainlessS, sorry had to go away for one week

I test some codecs to convert the tsc2 avis, the
UTVideo in ULRG mode is the only one that has good color but it is 5.2gb, Lagarith codec is also RGB and it is 4.2 gb

I regret myself had to install Mediacoder, I dont know why but after installed it avisynth dont work anymore
when dropping the avs into virtualdub it show a message "AVI Import Filter error: (Unknown) 80040154"
I google it and in this thread
http://forum.videohelp.com/threads/302249-VirtualDub-AVI-Import-Filter-error-(Unknown)-80040154
people suggest run ccleaner (I would not like to do that) I upgraded the K-lite codec, but the message ramins, what can I do?

EDIT: I unistalled avisynth n virtualdub (delete its folder) then installed ccleaner run it, then reinstall avisynth (and its plugins) n virtualdub, but I still get that message when dropping the avs into virtual dub "AVI Import Filter error: (Unknown) 80040154"

Thanks advanced.

Last edited by eduardobedoya; 12th April 2014 at 18:41.
Old 12th April 2014, 18:47   #32  |  Link
eduardobedoya

Hi StainlessS

Since I cant get virtualdub working with the batch avs that you provided, I tried dropping the batch avs into Media Player Classic, it worked, here are the results:

Fsel_Eduardobedoya_Batch.Log
CONVYV12=False
ldM=1 hdM=1 ldL=0.005000 hdL=0.005000 ldS=0.005000 hdS=0.005000 ldR=0.005000 hdR=0.005000 MAX_LDIFF=0.004000

1/1 ] Processing C:\Users\Eduardo\Desktop\FOR AVISYNTH\painting test for avisynth Lagarith.avi
QWIK Scan DBase creation = 227.69 Secs (3.79 Mins)
184,195 Skipping earlier duplicate sequence and UNDOS
368,536 Skipping earlier duplicate sequence and UNDOS
612,706 Skipping earlier duplicate sequence and UNDOS
847,886 Skipping earlier duplicate sequence and UNDOS
910,961 Skipping earlier duplicate sequence and UNDOS
1284,1345 Skipping earlier duplicate sequence and UNDOS
1378,1438 Skipping earlier duplicate sequence and UNDOS
1506,1535 Skipping earlier duplicate sequence and UNDOS
1544,1546 Skipping earlier duplicate sequence and UNDOS
1702,1713 Skipping earlier duplicate sequence and UNDOS
1716,1797 Skipping earlier duplicate sequence and UNDOS
1983,2049 Skipping earlier duplicate sequence and UNDOS
2085,2126 Skipping earlier duplicate sequence and UNDOS
2183,2285 Skipping earlier duplicate sequence and UNDOS
MDeltaMax=0 LDeltaMax=0.002777 SDeltaMax=0.001762 RDeltaMax=0.001480
(Above, maximum values of ldM, hdM, ldL, hdL, ldS, hdS, ldR, hdR, that would have worked, but may have been faster)
Kept 1474 of 2304 frames [1920x1080 153.60 secs (2.56 Mins) @ 15.00 FPS]
QWIK SCAN 562.68 Secs (9.38 Mins) InFPS=4.09 OutFPS=2.62
C:\Users\Eduardo\Desktop\FOR AVISYNTH\painting test for avisynth Lagarith.avi Tot File Time = 790.98 Seconds (13.18 Mins)

DONE

TOTAL Time = 790.98 Seconds (13.18 Mins)

painting test for avisynth Lagarith_SelectFrames.AVS

Avisource("C:\Users\Eduardo\Desktop\FOR AVISYNTH\painting test for avisynth Lagarith.avi")
CmdFrames="C:\Users\Eduardo\Desktop\FOR AVISYNTH\painting test for avisynth Lagarith_Frames.txt"
(Exist(CmdFrames)) ? FrameSel(cmd=CmdFrames,reject=False) : NOP

Return Last

What can I do from here since I can not use virtualdub??? is it normal that Media Player Classic take 13min to process a 2.5 min file? or virtualdub could do it faster?

Thanks advanced

PD:
There is a line in your Batch.avs
####
CONVYV12 = True # True ConvertTo YV12 in created script, Else False leaves as is
####
I changed it to "False" I would like to keep the color in RGB.

Thanks

Edit: I tried changing the virtualdub version (I was using the 64amd version), and using the 32 bit version it worked ok, (its strange that I was able to work with the 64bit amd version before and now I cant) anyway, I processed the avs again...

Fsel_Eduardobedoya_Batch.Log

CONVYV12=False
ldM=1 hdM=1 ldL=0.005000 hdL=0.005000 ldS=0.005000 hdS=0.005000 ldR=0.005000 hdR=0.005000 MAX_LDIFF=0.004000

1/1 ] Processing C:\Users\Eduardo\Desktop\FOR AVISYNTH\painting test for avisynth Lagarith.avi
QWIK Scan DBase creation = 182.26 Secs (3.04 Mins)
184,195 Skipping earlier duplicate sequence and UNDOS
368,536 Skipping earlier duplicate sequence and UNDOS
612,706 Skipping earlier duplicate sequence and UNDOS
847,886 Skipping earlier duplicate sequence and UNDOS
910,961 Skipping earlier duplicate sequence and UNDOS
1284,1345 Skipping earlier duplicate sequence and UNDOS
1378,1438 Skipping earlier duplicate sequence and UNDOS
1506,1535 Skipping earlier duplicate sequence and UNDOS
1544,1546 Skipping earlier duplicate sequence and UNDOS
1702,1713 Skipping earlier duplicate sequence and UNDOS
1716,1797 Skipping earlier duplicate sequence and UNDOS
1983,2049 Skipping earlier duplicate sequence and UNDOS
2085,2126 Skipping earlier duplicate sequence and UNDOS
2183,2285 Skipping earlier duplicate sequence and UNDOS
(Above, maximum values of ldM, hdM, ldL, hdL, ldS, hdS, ldR, hdR, that would have worked, but may have been faster)
Kept 1474 of 2304 frames [1920x1080 153.60 secs (2.56 Mins) @ 15.00 FPS]
QWIK SCAN 447.19 Secs (7.45 Mins) InFPS=5.15 OutFPS=3.30
C:\Users\Eduardo\Desktop\FOR AVISYNTH\painting test for avisynth Lagarith.avi Tot File Time = 629.93 Seconds (10.50 Mins)

DONE

TOTAL Time = 629.93 Seconds (10.50 Mins)

painting test for avisynth Lagarith_SelectFrames.AVS

Avisource("C:\Users\Eduardo\Desktop\FOR AVISYNTH\painting test for avisynth Lagarith.avi")
CmdFrames="C:\Users\Eduardo\Desktop\FOR AVISYNTH\painting test for avisynth Lagarith_Frames.txt"
(Exist(CmdFrames)) ? FrameSel(cmd=CmdFrames,reject=False) : NOP

Return Last

then what...? I read what you post above, but it looks kinda strange to me. I just cant understand if I got to put the "=" sings, Sorry if I am not kinda smart enough understanding codes, I tried this:

setlocal

REM VirtualDub Directory, No terminating Backslash, "." = current directory ####what is this??????

REM Where to Find VDUB with GUI ####I guess this line is replaced by the next line, right???
REM set VD=%VDDIR%"\VirtualDub.exe"

set VD=C:\Program Files (x86)\VirtualDub-1.10.4\VDub.exe"

REM Where to Find VDUB Settings #####I have no clue where are the *.vcf file placed
set VDS=C:\Program Files (x86)\VirtualDub-1.10.4\VD.vcf"

set INDIR=F:\2 AVISYNTH\INPUT

set OUTDIR=F:\2 AVISYNTH\OUTPUT

REM Execute Vdub using script, clear command queue, batch mode, source dir, dest dir, process queue, exit ##is it ok?
%VD% /s %VDS% /c /b F:\2 AVISYNTH\INPUT F:\2 AVISYNTH\OUTPUT /r /x

Pause

I save this file as a VdBatch.bat and place it inside F:\2 AVISYNTH\INPUT with the "batch avs" file and execute it via cmd?

PD: Pls StainlessS, do you have any clue why I cant use VirtualDub amd64 anymore? there is a way that I could get it working again? because if the 32bit version render in 10min perhaps the 64bit version could render in 6minutes??? This is very important since I have about 20 hours of video to process. I would like install avisynth+ with VDub amd64bit:
http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=168856
what do you suggest??

PD2: It is ok that I had converted the video using Lagarith? perhaps there is another RGB lossless codec that could be processed much faster with avisynth??? at this time I would prefer the performance factor than file size.

Thanks advanced.

Last edited by eduardobedoya; 13th April 2014 at 00:02.
Old 13th April 2014, 02:09   #33  |  Link
StainlessS
HeartlessS Usurer

Glad you got it working, as I said, W8 64bit is supposed to be broken for Video For Windows
so I'm surprised it worked before MediaCoder install.

Quote:
What can I do from here since I can not use virtualdub??? is it normal that Media Player Classic
take 13min to process a 2.5 min file? or virtualdub could do it faster?
It is Avisynth that does the processing, as soon as Media Player OR Vdub displays first frame, then it is already complete.

From this
Quote:
Perhaps below would work if differences do not vastly change between your TSSC clips.

ldM=0 hdM=0 ldL=0.005000 hdL=0.005000 ldS=0.004000 hdS=0.004000 ldR=0.003000 hdR=0.003000 MAX_LDIFF=0.004000

If misses some UNDO's in a clip, then redo with original values.

10:50 secs processing for your 3min clip is not so bad considering that you scan up to 2304 HD frames for each output frame,
but above mods to thresholds should increase speed considerably (but you need to check that the UNDO's were correctly detected/removed).
EDIT: The 1st script version output 1 frame about every 12 seconds, so with 1474 output frames it would perhaps have
taken about 5 hours.

As you have chosen to use RGB, I may have a go at using an RGB fingerprint, should I think be a little faster,
but for movie clips, probably a lot faster (there are so many possible matches in your clips as many frames are
identical/almost identical).

Quote:
do you have any clue why I cant use VirtualDub amd64 anymore?
No idea, I use XP32bit with no intention of changing to W7, W8 (most likely change, Linux).

Quote:
REM VirtualDub Directory, No terminating Backslash, "." = current directory ####what is this??????
Just means that set VDDIR="." # would set VDDIR to the current directory, dont worry about it.
'.' just means current directory, '..' means parent of current directory, in command line processor, eg
Quote:
dir .
dir ..
shows you files in current directory, and the directory above current directory respectively.

The only paths you might want to change hilited in blue, those in Magenta are currently set RELATIVE to the current directory,
ie relative to the directory that the bat file is in.

Code:
setlocal

set VDS=%VDDIR%"\VD.vcf"

set INDIR=".\INPUT"

set OUTDIR=".\OUTPUT"

REM Execute Vdub using script, clear command queue, batch mode, source dir, dest dir, process queue, exit 

Pause
NOTE, UT_Video is I think faster than Lagarith, especially for decode and as you will be doing LOTS
of seeking and decoding during frame scanning, it is problably the better choice, check it out for yourself
how long everything takes.

Last edited by StainlessS; 13th April 2014 at 02:27.
Old 14th April 2014, 17:29   #34  |  Link
eduardobedoya

Hi StainlessS I tried to get what you posted, this is what I did:

I opened virtualdub, then.. (file>save processing settings)
and save the file to same directory as CURRENT version of VD (C:\Program Files (x86)\VirtualDub-1.10.4) as VD.vcf. (the result file was VD.vcf.vdscript)

Then I placed this VdBatch.bat inside F:\2 AVISYNTH

Code:
setlocal

set VDDIR=C:\Program Files (x86)\VirtualDub-1.10.4

set VD=%VDDIR%"\VDub.exe

set VDS=%VDDIR%"\VD.vcf"

set INDIR=F:\2 AVISYNTH\INPUT

set OUTDIR=F:\2 AVISYNTH\OUTPUT

Pause
finally a run the VdBatch.bat by double click it, it sent what it looked to be the command promp with the script text and at the end a "puase" and a text saying "press any key to continue"
I press space and the black screen closed, then nothing happens in about half hour.

PD: I tried replacing the VD.vcf.vdscript file with a VD.vcf file, and the same result

What I am doing wrong??? please could you post just exactly how you did it in your particular case, in your PC??? Thanks Advanced

PD: It is important to configure something inside Virtualdub before running the bat file??? perhaps there are some important thread that I should read to learn how to edit settings inside Virtualdub. Thanks advanced.

Last edited by eduardobedoya; 14th April 2014 at 17:48.
Old 14th April 2014, 17:38   #35  |  Link
StainlessS
HeartlessS Usurer

You lost the double quotes in a number of places.

Code:
setlocal

set VDDIR="C:\Program Files (x86)\VirtualDub-1.10.4"

set VDS=%VDDIR%"\VD.vcf"

set INDIR="F:\2 AVISYNTH\INPUT"

set OUTDIR="F:\2 AVISYNTH\OUTPUT"

Pause
try this

EDIT: Settings should be saved as VD.vcf not VD.vcf.vdscript, dont know if VirtualDub added the 'vdscript' bit. Either save as
VD.vcf or edit bat file
Code:
set VDS=%VDDIR%"\VD.vcf.vdscript"
Also, if bat file is 1 directory above both INPUT and OUTPUT folders, then could have left original bat script INPUT and OUTPUT
lines alone eg

Code:
  set INDIR=".\INPUT"
Code:
  set OUTDIR=".\OUTPUT"
OK, I see that I have to keep adding EDITs to answer your edits

You need to set up eg CODEC at least, on video Menu, they (settings) will be saved in the settings file, VD.vcf

Last edited by StainlessS; 14th April 2014 at 18:18.
Old 14th April 2014, 18:06   #36  |  Link
StainlessS
HeartlessS Usurer

OK, no more edits.

Load a clip into Vdub, set codec, save VD.vcf into you VirtualDub folder.
run this bat
Code:
setlocal

set VDS=%VDDIR%"\VD.vcf"

set INDIR=".\INPUT"

set OUTDIR=".\OUTPUT"

Pause
Only the path to virtualdub folder has changed since original posted bat file.
The bat file needs to be in your "F:\2 AVISYNTH" folder.

EDIT: You can move/rename the "2 AVISYNTH" folder anyhere you like and it will still work, so long as it still contains the bat file and both
INPUT and OUTPUT directories.

Last edited by StainlessS; 14th April 2014 at 18:53.
Old 14th April 2014, 22:39   #37  |  Link
eduardobedoya

Hi StainlessS

The same result I did everything as you said, but I still got the same result, when I double clik VdBatch.bat I get the exact same result, it sent what it looked to be the command promp with the script text and at the end a "puase" and a text saying "press any key to continue"
I press space and then the black screen closed, then nothing happens in about half hour.
I have tried to launch the bat file via Win Run>cmd, and the same result.

I modified the Bat file as you said,

Code:
setlocal

set VDS=%VDDIR%"\VD.vcf"

set INDIR=".\INPUT"

set OUTDIR=".\OUTPUT"

Pause
What does REM mean??

I also opened a video inside VirtualDub and clicked in Video>Compression, and choose Lagarith, then I saved the processing settings as VD.vcf (the previous time it was Virtualdub who was triying to save the processing settings as *.vdscript file) inside the VirtualDub directory.

And I placed the VdBatch.bat file inside F:\2 AVISYNTH

But the same result, what I am doing wrong??? THanks advanced.

PD: I am placing the resulted avs files of the second UNDObatch process inside the "F:\2 AVISYNTH\INPUT" folder, do I have to place the frames.txt files also???

By the way, I did convert the tsc2 avis into a Lagarith avi to make this try, all that I have posted have been using Lagarith avi. You said that if I try UTvideo ULRG it could be faster than Lagarith, so I convert the tsc2 file into UTvideo ULRG and try to process it with avisynth by running the Eduardobedoya_Batch inside virtual dub, but when the open windows appears and I pick up the UTvideo ULRG it shows this message:

VirtualDub Error
Avisynth open failure:
AVISource: couldn't locate a decompressor for fourcc ULRG
(C:\Users\Eduardo\Desktop\Avisynth\Eduardobedoya_Batch_3\Fsel_Eduardobedoya_Batch.avs, line 103)
([GScript], line 16)
([GScript], line 22)
(C:\Users\Eduardo\Desktop\Avisynth\Eduardobedoya_Batch_3\Fsel_Eduardobedoya_Batch.avs, line 86)

Pls help.

Last edited by eduardobedoya; 14th April 2014 at 23:12.
Old 15th April 2014, 00:06   #38  |  Link
StainlessS
HeartlessS Usurer

REM is short for REMark, ie comment follows it.

ffmpeg converts it to UT_Video, however you need a UT_Video codec to decode for Video For Windows.
http://www.videohelp.com/tools/Ut-Video-Codec-Suite

What you have done according to previous post looks correct to me, should not need to move frames files to the INPUT directory.
Try load any avs file from INPUT directory into VDUB directly, if there is some problem it should present an Avisynth error message in VDub.
EDIT: The missing UT_Video codec is problably the vdub batch problem if that was what the TSCC files were converted to.
EDIT: It is the ffmpeg conversion that best output UT_Video for the UNDO removal, can use whatever codec you like for the
VD batch output.

Last edited by StainlessS; 15th April 2014 at 00:19.
Old 15th April 2014, 05:13   #39  |  Link
eduardobedoya

Hi StainlessS

I tried to load the avs file from INPUT directory into VDUB directly, it shows this message

Avisynth open failure:
Script error: there is no function named "FrameSel"
(F:\2 AVISYNTH\INPUT\painting test for avisynth Lagarith_SelectFrames.avs, line4)

I tried to load it from the first folder where the videos where placed, it shows the same message

Avisynth open failure:
Script error: there is no function named "FrameSel"
(C:\Users\Eduardo\Desktop\FOR AVISYNTH\painting test for avisynth Lagarith_SelectFrames.AVS, line4)

Note that I am just triying everything with a single video, (it has been converted to Lagarith),I recently tried to test with more videos, using other codecs, I installed UTvideo and convert the tsc2 into UTvideoULRG then process it with the UNDO batch, it do the task in 3min aprox (good improve) but in the last batch when I try to run the VdBatch with the new UTvideo avs file in the INPUT folder, I got the same result.

Why this final step does not work???

I converted that tsc2 video to Lagarith and UTVideoULRG using camtasia studio.
PD: I just have ffdshow Video Codec installed, is that ffmpeg???

Last edited by eduardobedoya; 15th April 2014 at 19:13.
Old 15th April 2014, 19:17   #40  |  Link
StainlessS
HeartlessS Usurer

You need FrameSel plugin for avisynth, I think I included it in 1st zip I posted, not included since then.
Get here and put in your plugins dir. http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=167971

If you are converting with camstudio, you dont need ffmpeg.

Last edited by StainlessS; 15th April 2014 at 19:22.

Tags
avisynth, detection, duplicated, frames, trim