Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > Avisynth Usage
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 17th August 2012, 14:31   #1  |  Link
rodgar

Synchonisation Problems Sony HX9V

Since 18 month I encode all of my families old Homevideos to make them AVCHD-compatible. In the end, I have one MKV per event (Vacation, Birthday etc.) with Subs and Chapters - And if I want, I can put it in tsMuxer to make a burnable AVCHD Stucture.

Since that, I get in touch with the following AVCHD-Camcorders: Canon HF S100, Panasonic V500EG, Panasonic TZ31 and Sony HX9V.
I have no problem with all of them except the HX9V. Many Videos are sightly out of Sync but not all of them - Not a big deal I thought. But the problem is, if joined together with tsmuxer or tsdemux the beginning is ok, but in the end I have almost a second or more mismatch - audio behind video.

So I have 2 Questions:
1. Is there a way to analyse the audio and video through avisynth - maybe to get something like "videoclip1 ends here <frame>" "audioclip1 ends here <frame>" and so on... or a working solution for this mess? Or a script or tool which shows the differences between a working clip and a not-working one.

2. More general: Why is this only a HX9V problem? In fact I could understand if NO joined MTS from any camcorder would be in sync because of the different length of audio and video and because almost every MTS has a positive or negative audiodelay, but why does it work fine everytime except with the HX9V?

Here are two original Videos taken with the HX9V. First (00075) is in sync, second (00076) is not - But both of them have a 32ms audiodelay (DGIndexNV).
http://speedy.sh/AJWhW/2011.11.26.zip

P.S.
Sorry for writing in german before, lost my head

Last edited by rodgar; 17th August 2012 at 14:34.
rodgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2012, 15:39   #2  |  Link
Ghitulescu

There is a CD that comes with this camera (it's not a camcorder, neither the Panasonic). You should always use the provided software, this is the only software that knows exactly how are the files obtained.
Old 17th August 2012, 20:08   #3  |  Link
rodgar

The only thing I can do with this Software is to view my videos and transcode them to WMV - So how exactly does this solve my problem?
On the other side, the provided Software isn't even able to read pure MTS-Data without the AVCHD-Structure on the SD-Card. So what if you don't have this structure anymore?

Last edited by rodgar; 17th August 2012 at 20:11.
Old 18th August 2012, 14:53   #4  |  Link
rodgar

No one? No idea?
Old 20th August 2012, 10:27   #5  |  Link
Ghitulescu

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodgar View Post
No one? No idea?
You won't like this idea ...

Sony and Panasonic (the manufacturers of the last two of your "camcorders") do manufacture also true camcorders. This is their way of telling you that you use a device in an improper way (and that you should buy/use a camcorder instead). Providing cameras that do the job of a camcorder, why would one buy the camcorder instead?

Since only Sony knows how the files are, I believe you should ask them, in the end it's a legitimate question, at least during the warranty period.

I assume you have a file or two at hand (and you own the copyright). You may want to upload it/them somewhere, for other members to have a look at them.
Old 20th August 2012, 11:29   #6  |  Link
cretindesalpes
͡҉҉ ̵̡̢̛̗̘̙̜̝̞̟̠͇̊̋̌̍̎̏̿̿

Demuxing audio and video, joining them separately then muxing the result works fine; at least using matroska tools for joining and muxing. I don't know if your TS tools only can do this correctly. I couldn't make tsmuxer work, it just stops randomly during the processing.

Last edited by cretindesalpes; 20th August 2012 at 11:32.
cretindesalpes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2012, 16:38   #7  |  Link
poisondeathray

Quote:
So what if you don't have this structure anymore?
This doesn't help you - but the folder structure and metadata within is what other programs like video editors use to seamlessly join the clips . Programs like tsmuxer don't look at it, so you might get gaps and sync issues. If you import without it into NLE's, you get gaps and sync issues as well in those programs

neuron2 wrote a program called "joints" it might help you (I haven't used it , don't know how well it works)
poisondeathray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2012, 22:50   #8  |  Link
rodgar

I'll check it right now... Hope it'll work.
BTW - Here's the Link for Joints: http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=149441

But for the future: What tool would you recommend to join MTS-Files - even within an AVCHD-Structure? tsmuxer and tsdemux is the only way I know.

Last edited by rodgar; 19th August 2012 at 01:20.
Old 18th August 2012, 23:03   #9  |  Link
poisondeathray

Quote:

But for the future: What tool would you recommend to join MTS-Files - even within an AVCHD-Structure? tsmuxer and tsdemux is the only way I know.
I don't know of any that can 100% join successfully and accurately without the folder structure.

I don' t know of any freeware that can do this either, except as Ghitulescu recommended earlier, usually the camera will have software bundled to append the files (but it usually only works if you have the complete folder structure and metadata) . Check the Sony site if there are other options, it might be something you have to download (not included on a DVD)
Old 21st August 2012, 16:11   #10  |  Link
poisondeathray

Quote:

For just joining clips (if still you have original folder structure and metadata) - use the bundled software

http://support.d-imaging.sony.co.jp/www/disoft/int/pmb/feature/edit/merge.html

If you've lost the bundled CD, then you can download a replacement from Sony
http://www.sony-mea.com/support/download/316131

If you're re-encoding it, then the DGIndexNV method outlined by neuron2 looks like it should work
Old 20th August 2012, 13:25   #11  |  Link
Ghitulescu

How could you download it? I am directed to buy an account instead ....
Old 21st August 2012, 15:06   #12  |  Link
poisondeathray

I didn't look at any of your samples - were they 1080p59.94 (i.e. "60p") ? That's what the HX9V uses in the highest quality mode. It's a lot more intensive to play (bitrate has less of a role) than "regular" AVCHD 1080i59.94 (ie. "60i")

If so, it's not supported by many hardware devices yet (it falls under AVCHD 2.0 specs, which only a few newer models support offically, but some may still play it)
Old 21st August 2012, 15:14   #13  |  Link
rodgar

@poisondeathray
Thats right, but my footage is 1080i50

Last edited by rodgar; 21st August 2012 at 15:21.
Old 27th August 2012, 14:09   #14  |  Link
Ghitulescu

Standards can be bought
Old 27th August 2012, 14:16   #15  |  Link

Yes, individuals can purchase standards documents, but I work for a company that makes SOCs for set-top boxes and the company provides my access to them.
Guest is offline   Reply With Quote