Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > New and alternative a/v containers

Old 11th January 2012, 21:47   #8041  |  Link
hoborg

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamuriHL View Post
It's a debug build so I'm guessing you don't have a debug version of the runtime installed. Just a guess, though.
Link?

How to start with Bitcoin
hoborg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2012, 21:53   #8042  |  Link
SamuriHL

Don't have one offhand. I have MSVC installed so, I kinda don't need them.
Old 11th January 2012, 22:16   #8043  |  Link
Snowknight26

There seems to be an exception in avcodec-lav-53.dll when using the filter without registering it: http://pastebin.com/DQGu1whV

When it does work though: http://pastebin.com/qyXdgLem

Edit: On a side note, the tool tip for multi-threaded decoding is missing punctuation in codec names here and there (mostly periods and dashes).

Last edited by Snowknight26; 12th January 2012 at 00:05.
Snowknight26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2012, 22:58   #8044  |  Link
noee

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevcairiel View Post
Looking at those numbers, AMD definitely did something right with the 7970, the locking and copying time are nicely low.
Cool. But is it the card or the driver?
noee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2012, 00:00   #8045  |  Link
Boltron

Two samples, both high bit rate bluray rips.

http://pastebin.com/vHqjsB6F
http://pastebin.com/hjm00gLP

Windows 7 x64 (using 32 bit versions for all video stuff)

1920x1080, 5670, ATI 12.1

MPC-HC, madVR
Boltron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2012, 00:33   #8046  |  Link
PPPPark

Hey~
I have some DVD image(ISO,img), LAV can play, but the image has "JACKET_P" folder LAV can not play, you can try, hope can be resolved.
Ordinary DVD only "AUDIO_TS" and "VIDEO_TS"
PPPPark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2012, 02:40   #8047  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by VipZ View Post
Tested DXVA on my shiny new 7970
Cool! Would you mind running this test, too?

http://madshi.net/madNV12Test.zip
madshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2012, 02:44   #8048  |  Link
SamuriHL

Knock it off....I can't buy a new card right now!
Old 12th January 2012, 04:18   #8049  |  Link
apgood

What version intel driver are people using with QS?

I've tried both 2509 & 2559 and they both stutter in hatdware and software mode. The only one that seems to work at all is 2372 in software mode only. While hardware mode on 2372 does that wierd frame flicker.

Specs are: i3 2100 on asrock z68m/usb3 using win7 64bit. With dsplayer in xbmc (hardware & software) and mc17 (software only) to verify it's not just the player.
apgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2012, 06:41   #8050  |  Link
skingery

Quote:
Originally Posted by apgood View Post
What version intel driver are people using with QS?

I've tried both 2509 & 2559 and they both stutter in hatdware and software mode. The only one that seems to work at all is 2372 in software mode only. While hardware mode on 2372 does that wierd frame flicker.

Specs are: i3 2100 on asrock z68m/usb3 using win7 64bit. With dsplayer in xbmc (hardware & software) and mc17 (software only) to verify it's not just the player.
I have this same issue. Currently running the 2509 driver. i3 2100T. In my case I am running Win 7 32bit and mpc-hc. Works fine in software mode but serious stuttering/screen flashing in hardware mode.
skingery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2012, 07:23   #8051  |  Link
wanezhiling

1. As a ATI user, Thx nev first.

2. I simply tested all 1080p and 1080i I have(BD files .m2ts).

3. My M hd4650(UVD2.0) supports H.264_VLD, VC1(WMV3)_VLD, MPEG2_IDCT, the project for ATI only works on H.264 and VC1(WMV3), MPEG2 failed, just like MPC-HC whose DXVA is only based on VLD(Variable Length Decoding).

4. Compared with H.264, VC1 files perform poor,not very smooth(Same is CUVID).. Yep, 1080p's playback is better than 1080i too.

5. Everything(except VC1) seems to be running smoothly, I only found one 1080i/H.264 clip(Image is broken) .Maybe you can try it here.

Mobility HD4650, Catalyst 12.1a preview, win7 x86
H.264 1080I(Image broken)

VC1

WMV3

MPEG2
wanezhiling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2012, 07:46   #8052  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

From all these numbers it looks like anything up to 60i will most likely play properly, however 60p might be too slow, somewhat similar to my own results.

We'll see if i can find a better way to lock and retrieve the video frame. I didn't even optimize the memory copying yet because all the time is spent in LockRect, not copying the data.
I must be doing somethign wrong still, because even on my NVIDIA the performance isn't close to what i would expect.

Does anyone have any experience with copying the data from the GPU?
Right now i'm just LockRect'ing the DXVA surface and copying the data over - but the LockRect can quite frequently take a long time. I read that an alternative is using GetRenderTargetData to copy the data to system memory, and because that method is async in the background, i could potentially gain some benefits from it?

PS:
Partial acceleration is annoyingly complicated to support for only a small gain, which is why its not supported and never will be. Even Microsoft got the hint, and any new formats don't have a partial acceleration type (and won't have).

Last edited by nevcairiel; 12th January 2012 at 08:24.
nevcairiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2012, 10:13   #8053  |  Link
Superb

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadlessCow View Post
Not that I'm defending the copy/pasting of the guide here, but every one of these was explicitly answered in the text.

1. "LAV Splitter v0.42 still doesn’t support segment linking yet, so playing series releases that have OP/ED as seperate video files won’t playback in each of the episodes"
2. "The 64-bit version is incompatible with madVR"
3. "Under “Internal Filters”, disable everything. You can leave some of the ones on the left active"
4. "Bonus: Adding ffdshow (Optional) ... Adding ffdshow will allow you to use its audio decoder (for filters + a more customizable mixer), ... Especially for older 480p and worse content (which isn’t likely to be encoded in AVC1), you can use the ffdshow deblocking or debanding filters to attempt to improve image quality this way."
5. "I recommend leaving this off unless you are having playback problems, because it prevents you from taking screenshots and makes the transition to fullscreen very ugly (It also messes up MPC-HC’s interface)"

You obviously read enough to make a snarky, unhelpful reply... would it have been much more work to try to comprehend anything that was written there instead of just being a jerk?
1. 99% of the releases don't use this feature. And LAV Splitter supports MANY other containers much much better than Haali or MPC-HC's filters.
2. The 64 bit version of MPC-HC. Yes. We all know that 64bit player cannot run a 32bit renderer. I was asking: "why not install the 64bits components of LAV Filters?" (so that they will be available for other [64bit] programs)
3. But why? LAV Splitter does a much better job.
4. Well, wasn't this a "newbie" guide? Adding ffdshow to the filter chain would be be useless for 99.999% of the users, since they don't even know what video post processing is or how to setup it properly.
5. It doesn't mess up the MPC-HC GUI. The move to exclusive full screen is just fine (does the quick "flash" really bother anyone?). They must have forgotten exclusive mode results in a much smoother playback (which is one of the best features of madVR).
Superb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2012, 10:13   #8054  |  Link
blexley

LOL

I spent a week going around in circles trying to find an easy step by step install guide and i've just found it at the very page i first started at, nevcairiel own HomePage.

http://1f0.de/lav-cuvid/guide/

nevcairiel is there any chance you could make this guide more obvious in the first post of this thread and on the start of your webpage so newbies and people with low computer skills such as myself can avoid the obnoxious comments from users when asking for guidance as if LAV filters is some how for the elite and you need to search and read about codecs and splitters before you can use it.As all we need to know is what to adjust and tick/untick so we can just get on and use it and your guide does that prefectly.

Plus the more accessible it is and the quicker we can get going the quicker newbies can hit the paypal donate.

Thanks
blexley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2012, 10:15   #8055  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

Quote:
We'll see if i can find a better way to lock and retrieve the video frame. I didn't even optimize the memory copying yet because all the time is spent in LockRect, not copying the data.
I must be doing somethign wrong still, because even on my NVIDIA the performance isn't close to what i would expect.

Does anyone have any experience with copying the data from the GPU?
Right now i'm just LockRect'ing the DXVA surface and copying the data over - but the LockRect can quite frequently take a long time. I read that an alternative is using GetRenderTargetData to copy the data to system memory, and because that method is async in the background, i could potentially gain some benefits from it?
Using LockRect is the same method I'm using in madNV12Test. GetRenderTargetData() is what madNV12Test lists as "trick download" and it usually fails for NV12 surfaces for me simply because it would require me to create an NV12 surface in system memory and neither CreateOffscreenPlainSurface() nor IDirectXVideoAcceleratorService::CreateSurface() seem to be willing to do that on my PC. FWIW, with NVidia I'm getting higher download speeds by allocating the NV12 decoding surface with IDirectXVideoAcceleratorService::CreateSurface() instead of CreateOffscreenPlainSurface().
madshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2012, 10:21   #8056  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by madshi View Post
FWIW, with NVidia I'm getting higher download speeds by allocating the NV12 decoding surface with IDirectXVideoAcceleratorService::CreateSurface() instead of CreateOffscreenPlainSurface().
Thats what i'm using, well technically IDirectXVideoDecoderService, but that one just inherits from IDirectXVideoAccelerationService. The copy speed is fine, its just the LockRect operation that takes its time.
The weird thing is that the locking speed is not consistent, its going like 20ms, 1ms, 1ms, 20ms, 1ms, 1ms .. as if its still decoding a frame there and waiting.

I'll see about running more tests later.

Last edited by nevcairiel; 12th January 2012 at 10:35.
nevcairiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2012, 10:29   #8057  |  Link
cengizhan

nevcairiel,

i have an ATI 6850. new dxva works ok with mpc-hc but there is a problem with smartdvb:

http://postimage.org/image/93aj13v8r/
cengizhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2012, 10:36   #8058  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by blexley View Post
nevcairiel is there any chance you could make this guide more obvious in the first post of this thread
No, because the guide is outdated, and LAV CUVID has been deprecated.
Old 12th January 2012, 10:45   #8059  |  Link
blexley

Quote:
No, because the guide is outdated, and LAV CUVID has been deprecated.
If we are not supposed to use that guide then will you be making a new one for MPC-HC and LAV filters when you have time. ?

Thanks
blexley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2012, 11:03   #8060  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by blexley View Post
If we are not supposed to use that guide then will you be making a new one for MPC-HC and LAV filters when you have time. ?
I write code, not guides.

Tags
decoders, directshow, filters, splitter