Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > (HD) DVD & Blu-ray authoring

Old 6th January 2011, 23:38   #81  |  Link
djmasturbeat

mrr, or anyone else-
I have a 6 episode series BD50 i am trying to backup to 2 BD25s, otherwise untouched -- 3 of the m2ts video files (with video and all audio and subs) plus the menu on each BD25 disc. Size -wise everything fits perfectly, but the problem is this is a strange instance (for me) where all 6 episodes each have their own m2ts, but there is only 1 mpls handles all of the episodes -- everything is handled by chapter points in the mpls.
It auto plays the episodes in order, but there is a menu (again, this will fit on both BD25s with 3 episodes each)

is there a way to edit an mpls.. essentially split it?

i tried doing this with Copier, using the standard ImgBurn> ISO output, but this wouldn't let me select or deselect the 6 episodes in any way whatsoever.

when using tsmuxer output, i could select the audio/video/subs under each main m2ts (episode), so i did a set with the elements of 1st three m2ts, then 2nd three m2ts files.
the first disc plays fine, no problems.
the second disc has all of the elements -- but plays w/o sound. to make it worse, if i load any m2ts file from the 2nd disc into a software player, it will play with audio, even though it doesn't play audio from same files when loaded as a BD.

or alternately, is there a way to install dummy (very tiny) m2ts files for the missing ones or remap to other episodes (like remapping missing audio in a DVD)?
would i pull out the unwanted full m2ts (episode) files out of the folders and save them for the 2nd disc, and load the altered BD into BD Copier with these said dummy files (renamed to replace the ones that were removed), output the new structure to ImgBurn > ISO, then switch the process removing the m2ts from first disc, replacing them with dummy sectors and re-inserting the m2ts files i removed for 1st disc, renaming the dummy files to cover the newly removed files?

or maybe someone knows -- is there a good way to hack this mpls file in 2 at a chapter point ? (edit it to 2 mpls, each which calls only for 3 episodes?) If anyone knows how to use BDEdit or w/e to do this, could i get a bit of a quick guide how, since that program leaves me stumped.

Last edited by djmasturbeat; 7th January 2011 at 02:16. Reason: clarification thingies
djmasturbeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2011, 10:06   #82  |  Link
skycore

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmasturbeat View Post
mrr, or anyone else-
I have a 6 episode series BD50 i am trying to backup to 2 BD25s, otherwise untouched -- 3 of the m2ts video files (with video and all audio and subs) plus the menu on each BD25 disc. Size -wise everything fits perfectly, but the problem is this is a strange instance (for me) where all 6 episodes each have their own m2ts, but there is only 1 mpls handles all of the episodes -- everything is handled by chapter points in the mpls.
It auto plays the episodes in order, but there is a menu (again, this will fit on both BD25s with 3 episodes each)

is there a way to edit an mpls.. essentially split it?

i tried doing this with Copier, using the standard ImgBurn> ISO output, but this wouldn't let me select or deselect the 6 episodes in any way whatsoever.

when using tsmuxer output, i could select the audio/video/subs under each main m2ts (episode), so i did a set with the elements of 1st three m2ts, then 2nd three m2ts files.
the first disc plays fine, no problems.
the second disc has all of the elements -- but plays w/o sound. to make it worse, if i load any m2ts file from the 2nd disc into a software player, it will play with audio, even though it doesn't play audio from same files when loaded as a BD.

or alternately, is there a way to install dummy (very tiny) m2ts files for the missing ones or remap to other episodes (like remapping missing audio in a DVD)?
would i pull out the unwanted full m2ts (episode) files out of the folders and save them for the 2nd disc, and load the altered BD into BD Copier with these said dummy files (renamed to replace the ones that were removed), output the new structure to ImgBurn > ISO, then switch the process removing the m2ts from first disc, replacing them with dummy sectors and re-inserting the m2ts files i removed for 1st disc, renaming the dummy files to cover the newly removed files?

or maybe someone knows -- is there a good way to hack this mpls file in 2 at a chapter point ? (edit it to 2 mpls, each which calls only for 3 episodes?) If anyone knows how to use BDEdit or w/e to do this, could i get a bit of a quick guide how, since that program leaves me stumped.

Now you can also use BDFix to complete this easily. You need build 2 times. First, cut the last 3 episodes into small segment like 5 seconds, then build and you will get the first disc contents. Second, do the same thing for the first 3 episodes. That's it. You needn't do anything else. Good luck!
skycore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th January 2011, 23:25   #83  |  Link
al4x

this program is fantastic, if this works consistently i may donate, [if its an option] its slashed my time to do what i want by about 80%and also saved me several write cycles of 40GBs to disk
al4x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2011, 07:36   #84  |  Link
jediknight

but i think wont working ?

Here is my idea ;

I have Constantine Blu-Ray which is 27 GB. So i wanna remove audio tracks and keep other things originally. but i cant do that. Cant remove tracks...

Who can help me ? Or this program cant remove audio tracks ? Can someone show me with screenshoots please. its so important

And another thing, what is the purpose of tick ? for adding or removing ? i dont understand sorry...

Thanks,

Last edited by jediknight; 18th January 2011 at 07:55.
jediknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2011, 08:41   #85  |  Link
jediknight

and one more question;

this program can keep truehd and dts-hd ma track as originally ? because i select tsmuxer and select truehd audio and then press hdd copy. and then i opened the coppy but audio was dolby digital, not true hd.

thanks
jediknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2011, 10:02   #86  |  Link
crl2007

skycore Why do you keep advertising that software here ? Have you no respect ? This is an application topic. Feel free to open one for your own application and offer support there.
crl2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2011, 11:02   #87  |  Link
idbirch2

Only just found this little app, very cool. I'm trying to remove some of the crap from a BDMV structure, not to reduce size just to remove annoying ads/warnings etc but I also would like to remove unecessary audio and sub streams.

I've enabled TSMuxer mode, deselected all the warning playlists leaving just the main movie playlist and the main menu one. I then expand the main movie and can see that although the playlist is checked, the .m2ts within and all of it's streams are deselected - this confused me as surely they should be ticked to indicate that by ticking the master playlist, they will be included in my output?

Checkbox behaviour confusion aside, I tried to tick the .m2ts - it just automatically unticks itself again. Hm. OK, so I try ticking just the streams I want to keep within the m2ts, that seems to be acceptable however now the main playlist has become unticked!

Before I pursue this any further am I trying to do something which the app isn't intended for? If so, I will shut up and move along but if this is not intended behaviour, I'll happily supply sample files, screenshots etc in order to work out what's going on.
idbirch2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2011, 11:18   #88  |  Link
mrr19121970

Quote:
Originally Posted by idbirch2 View Post
OK, so I try ticking just the streams I want to keep within the m2ts, that seems to be acceptable however now the main playlist has become unticked!
This is the intended behaviour.
mrr19121970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2011, 13:50   #89  |  Link
DMagic1

Does anyone know a way to get it to select all subs automatically using tsMuxer mode, even if there are multiple ones of the same language? Either every english sub or just all subs would be what I need.
DMagic1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2011, 08:30   #90  |  Link
mrr19121970

From memory...

Press auto select again, again, again.
mrr19121970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2013, 18:09   #91  |  Link
magnu

How do I change the output path in tsmuxer setting? When I try to change settings from E: drive to C: drive, the software still tries to find the path in E: drive?

Last edited by magnu; 13th August 2013 at 18:38.
magnu is offline   Reply With Quote