Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs

Closed Thread

Old 22nd March 2006, 14:59   #821  |  Link
stax76

@flipflink

If you have Nero 6 installed it should find it and not ask, if you do not use AAC it should not ask because it's not needed so even after a quick code review I really don't know what's going on, please submit a bug report (in the main menu click Help/Send Bug Report) and tell me the exact message.

Last edited by stax76; 22nd March 2006 at 15:02.
Old 22nd March 2006, 16:21   #822  |  Link
Moat

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipflink
Hi, newbie question. Your program was recommended to me by a friend and it looks real promising. But after installing I cannot get around an error message that besweet cannot find nero, which it needs for AAC encoding. But I don't plan to do anything with AAC, just want to use AC3 of MP3. Is there a easy way around this, just to get it working without having to mess with nero? (I have full nero 6 installed, besweet itself works perfectly when converting ac3 to mp3).
If you just installed the base Nero package you need to install the second package that includes apps like Nero recode 2.

-Moat
Old 22nd March 2006, 18:36   #823  |  Link
agonia

how can i split output file in to 2CDs, like AutoGK does automatically
Old 22nd March 2006, 19:00   #824  |  Link
stax76

@agonia

It's not supported, how about using single CD or DVD?

Last edited by stax76; 22nd March 2006 at 19:04.
Old 22nd March 2006, 21:45   #825  |  Link
LRN
TeMa=) team member

Location: Universe, Galaxy, Solar System, Earth, Russia, Moscow
Mp4box can split mp4's. There should be some tools for avi and mkv too...
I prefer one-large-file way though.
Old 23rd March 2006, 08:22   #826  |  Link
ppet

Quote:
Originally Posted by agonia
how can i split output file in to 2CDs, like AutoGK does automatically
You can do it with Yamb : http://yamb.unite-video.com/
You can choose how to split : by size or duration

It's possible to mux (video, audio, subtitles and chapters), split&join and extract!
Old 23rd March 2006, 21:44   #827  |  Link
agonia

thanks very much ppet
Old 25th March 2006, 09:14   #828  |  Link
DiJayy

For some reason, when I'm muxing an AC3 file with my project using staxrip, the audio gets cut off at the end of the file, but only when I encode on my laptop, my PC doesn't have any problems. On a 10-minute video, 1minute and 30s was cut off the end. AVIMux-GUI works fine, wondering if there's anything I can do about it.
Old 25th March 2006, 17:01   #829  |  Link
hellfred
FFmpeg fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiJayy
For some reason, when I'm muxing an AC3 file with my project using staxrip, the audio gets cut off at the end of the file, but only when I encode on my laptop, my PC doesn't have any problems. On a 10-minute video, 1minute and 30s was cut off the end. AVIMux-GUI works fine, wondering if there's anything I can do about it.
Try copying the working StaxRip with it's applications (x264.exe, mp4box, besweet etc.) from your working PC to the laptop and retry. If everything works fine than, you have a problem with one off the apps being buggy.

Hellfred
Old 25th March 2006, 19:05   #830  |  Link
boombastic

Can you give a brief explaination on when and how to use "PostProcessing mode" (now called Batch mode)? I use to encode several video during the night with almost the same parameters.can it be useful for me?
Old 26th March 2006, 06:28   #831  |  Link
DiJayy

Now it won't work on either computer, it cuts massive amounts of audio off of the end, a 21minute video yielded a 5minute ac3 file. This is extremely annoying and is the fault of ProjectX, for one, why is it necessary as vdubmod can demux ac3 files from mpeg2 streams, how do I set staxrip to use vdub to demux the mpeg2 stream instead of ProjectX? Or if I can fix ProjectX that will work as well, but what could be wrong with it, is my java version too old or something? Maybe too new?

J2RE SE v1.5.0_06

EDIT: I just disabled the ProjectX section of the performs, DGIndex automatically demuxes the AC3 audio anyway, what exactly is the point of ProjectX? Are there audio formats VDubMod and DGIndex won't demux?

Last edited by DiJayy; 26th March 2006 at 07:22.
Old 26th March 2006, 07:53   #832  |  Link
stax76

Quote:
Can you give a brief explaination on when and how to use "PostProcessing mode" (now called Batch mode)? I use to encode several video during the night with almost the same parameters.can it be useful for me?
I can't explain it much better than it is already explained in the context help.

Quote:
I just disabled the ProjectX section of the performs, DGIndex automatically demuxes the AC3 audio anyway, what exactly is the point of ProjectX? Are there audio formats VDubMod and DGIndex won't demux?
ProjectX usually works better than DGIndex, it's known to be reliable, if it fails on your stream you can configure StaxRip to use any command line compatible demuxer and report the bug to the ProjectX author, I'm confident he can fix it.
Old 26th March 2006, 08:32   #833  |  Link
DiJayy

Yeah, DGIndex results in out-of-sync audio, this is annoying.
Old 26th March 2006, 11:06   #834  |  Link
stax76

@DiJayy

That means both, ProjectX and DGIndex fails on your stream, you can do the following things:
  • Use another capture application, I recommend DVBViewer, it has very similar characteristics like MediaMonkey: huge feature set, huge COM automation SDK and lot's of extensions, skinnable, cheap.
  • Configure StaxRip to use another demuxer if you can find a command line demuxer that works better.
  • Demux manually if you can find a working demuxer and open the demuxed files.
  • Contact the authors of the demuxers that fail, if they got bugs they might be able to fix it with your help.
Old 27th March 2006, 04:22   #835  |  Link
Zorrander

i'm running into an odd problem with some avi files I'm trying to demux and convert to x264. The files in question will open up in virtualdub and then it comes up with an error saying failed to decompress frame 0. These are Xvid files and I have Xvid installed.. not sure what else to do at this point in time. Any suggestions?
Old 27th March 2006, 09:36   #836  |  Link
heinz57g

stax, just a suggestion also for your own site: on the support page you nicely mention all the supported formats for the output files. wouldnt it make sense to also mention all supported formats for the source files? or is there a legal reason not to do so?

greetings - heinz -
Old 27th March 2006, 09:47   #837  |  Link
3dsnar

Hi Stax, once we talked about possibility of including
mp3 5.1 (Aud-X) format in your software.
You requested a CLI exec.
It has been prepared (big kudos to Dimzon for it).
please follow the link:
http://www.gotdotnet.com/workspaces/...4-b0999e8e223e

and let me know if this is ok.
Old 27th March 2006, 11:42   #838  |  Link
heinz57g

hoppla, i admit i am still trying things out (and wildly reading everything here in the forum), but this
does not look right, does it?

encoding a WMV file into AVI, using strictly default seting of STAXRIP. worked fine, but ...

- after two passes STAXRIP stops with the NEXT button telling me file already exists, wants
to overwrite it, and starts entire process anew? and again, and again? shouldnt it somehow stop
with a DONE mssg or similar?

- worse: orginal file size 200MB, resulting AVi is 0MB!

what have i done wrong, or where is my thinking wrong?

greetings - heinz -

Last edited by heinz57g; 27th March 2006 at 11:45.
Old 27th March 2006, 12:40   #839  |  Link
stax76

@Zorrander

What happens if you open the files manually in VirtualDub?

Quote:
stax, just a suggestion also for your own site: on the support page you nicely mention all the supported formats for the output files. wouldnt it make sense to also mention all supported formats for the source files? or is there a legal reason not to do so?
Somehow almost anything can be opened, some things might need some basic knowledge and configuration.

@3dsnar

I can add it, maybe you and dimzon can give me some tips in case there is no good documentation.

Quote:
- after two passes STAXRIP stops with the NEXT button telling me file already exists, wants
to overwrite it, and starts entire process anew? and again, and again? shouldnt it somehow stop
with a DONE mssg or similar?
I think the fact the target file exist and main dialog reappeared is enough indication that the processing is finished though I agree it might be confusing for a new user, for old users a message box might be bothersome.

Quote:
- worse: orginal file size 200MB, resulting AVi is 0MB!

what have i done wrong, or where is my thinking wrong?
After encoding click 'Help/Send Bug Report'.
Old 27th March 2006, 13:11   #840  |  Link
3dsnar

Quote:
Originally Posted by stax
I can add it, maybe you and dimzon can give me some tips in case there is no good documentation.
If you have any problems, or questions,
please follow this thread, and Dimzon or I will be able to help
http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=109226
I think that if you download the project you will find information
on the arguments used.
Thank you.

Tags
gui, h.264, h.265, hevc, mkv, x264, x265