Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Announcements and Chat > General Discussion

Old 8th December 2001, 21:38   #1  |  Link
killerSheep

Can't get cd burning software to work under XP...

Will my WinXP problems never cease? Although this doesn't have to do with encoding per se, it does affect the burning of my rips onto CD-R media.

I have two drives, one a DVD drive and the other a Creative CDRW drive. I installed the latest ASPI layer from Adaptec and disabled XP's local cd burning software. I've also downloaded all pertinant updates from Microsoft.

However, when I install the latest Nero, EasyCD Creator 4.02, or the newer version (5.** or something), my drives both disapear. Device manager says that drivers were successfully installed but the hardware device can no longer be found: I should make sure its plugged in, etc...

Since that is obviously not the problem, does anybody have any similar problems and or solutions to this? I know others with XP who are using Adaptec and I cant figure out why mine wont work. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Oh yeah... I did manage to install fireburner and it works just fine. Go figure. But it can't do alot of stuff Nero and EasyCD can so I'm still frustrated here.
killerSheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2001, 19:43   #2  |  Link
mike97gt

I know someone with the same problem. She has XP and can't burn anything. From what I have heard, Adaptect CD Creator 4 does not work with XP. Have you tried the newest version, probably 5.xx I guess? I'm sure this doesn't help you out much but I'll look further into it.
mike97gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2001, 21:14   #3  |  Link
Doom9
clueless n00b

ezcd is a pile of poo... there's literally no other burning soft that has so many problems. What exactly can't you do in Nero that you can in ezcd? I've switched from WinOnCD 3.7 to Nero 5 1.5 years ago and I've never regretted making the step... Nero may not look so nice as the other apps.. but it works.. and it always does work.
Old 15th December 2001, 00:25   #4  |  Link
mrbass

Anyone know why Nero 5.5.6.4 (latest and greatest) when it burns a .cue .bin chapters will work on standalone dvd player but not with WinDVD? Same .cue .bin if burnt with cdrdao chapters work with WinDVD and standalone dvd player.

My friend's computer same as mine...mobo/cpu/winxp I can't for the life of me get cdrdao or blindwrite to work on his computer. Keeps buffer underrunning. He won't let me modify he's winxp like I do mine..but I'm guessing it's the damn ms messenger which I've uninstalled on mine but he uses it on his.
mrbass is offline   Reply With Quote