Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > IFO/VOB Editors

Closed Thread

Old 20th September 2007, 05:16   #1  |  Link
AnimeForever

Winavi Video Converter Problem

Hey everyone,

First off, I'm really sorry for the long winded post which I hope I've chosen the right place to ask but I have hit a problem area with my Winavi video converter and I was hoping that somebody here who if far more knowledged than me would be willing to help me out?

Ok, so I've been using Winavi quite happily to convert .avi files into .vob and then burning them to DVD using Nero Express for over a year now. I have had no problems in the past converting things but just recently I've reached a batch of episodes/videos that won't covert.

These are apart of a series of episode downloads which have all converted fine in the past but now I've seemed to reach some that won't convert via any method I try. All I get is the audio and a black picture. What could be causing this?

I have tried to convert the same batch of episodes using programs like Ulead Video studio and Song Vegas but I get the same result so I know that it's not Winavi itself but what can I do to get around this problem?

I've been reading around other forums that programs like TMPEnc are great for encoding and converting video but it is a program that costs a fair bit so before I (which I am heavily leaning towards) decide to buy it do you think I would encounter the same problem?

Like I said it only seems to be these episodes so if there anyway to get around this problem?

Also, I have never been able to figure out how to work the encoder part of Winavi? What would be a good size to convert my .avi files to so that they play fine on the TV as right now I just burn them with over scan?

Again, I'm really sorry for the long winded post but I really hope that I haven’t broken any rules with my question and that someone here will be able to point me in the right direction? Thank you ^-^

Last edited by Guest; 20th September 2007 at 06:04.
Old 20th September 2007, 06:29   #2  |  Link
blutach
Country Member

Quote:
These are apart of a series of episode downloads
Please read rule 6 again carefully.

Regards

Only use genuine Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden media.
Closed Thread