Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs

Old 5th April 2024, 20:47   #20541  |  Link
00-00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atak_Snajpera View Post
Prime95 and memtest86 executed from usbstick
Been running tests and everything appears stable, memtest passed etc. Done multiple encodes since without issues, all checked and with no visible errors, so this might have been just one of those weird things!

With regard to the finished filesize being approximately 3-500ish+ mb smaller than the set size when using 2 pass encoding, is that anything I need to be concerned about? Just wanted to understand it, as I'm sure this never happened before, or least if it did I've never noticed it!

Last edited by 00-00; 6th April 2024 at 02:29.
00-00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2024, 15:26   #20542  |  Link
rlev11

Can someone explain the new audio preferences screen. So in the past for single entries, I would load the video, then if the audio was already in aac or ac3 I would leave it as copy stream, if it was something else i would use the drop down and choose the appropriate ac3 profile. Then the next video the audio would be set to the last used entry (this could default back to copy stream or something else automatically each time for all I care). This was the same when I did a batch encode as well, I would input the batch entries, then either leave the audio at copy stream or change it if needed in the drop down. I only ever have 1 audio stream so I was not concerned with setting up multiple streams.

Now with the audio preferences settings screen, I get that I can setup globally the stream order, copy stream-ac3-whatever.... and it appears that the encoding profile priority order audio is what defaults with the single video add screen which is just fine, but what I am confused is when I go into batch encoding. I assume when I load up a batch, I have to go into the audio priority order and move (cut/paste) something else like ac3 to the top of that list if I need to do an audio convert. Once the batch is done setting up, I then need to go back into the preferences screen and move copy stream back to the top each time I do this or copy stream is no longer the default doing a single encode.

Does this make sense with what I am asking, and is this the way it needs to be now. I just want to make sure I am not missing something here

My thinking is the audio preferences screen is great for setting up what you want as all the defaults, but we still need a drop down audio profile selector in batch encoding like we do with a single encode
rlev11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2024, 18:33   #20543  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlev11 View Post
Can someone explain the new audio preferences screen. So in the past for single entries, I would load the video, then if the audio was already in aac or ac3 I would leave it as copy stream, if it was something else i would use the drop down and choose the appropriate ac3 profile. Then the next video the audio would be set to the last used entry (this could default back to copy stream or something else automatically each time for all I care). This was the same when I did a batch encode as well, I would input the batch entries, then either leave the audio at copy stream or change it if needed in the drop down. I only ever have 1 audio stream so I was not concerned with setting up multiple streams.

Now with the audio preferences settings screen, I get that I can setup globally the stream order, copy stream-ac3-whatever.... and it appears that the encoding profile priority order audio is what defaults with the single video add screen which is just fine, but what I am confused is when I go into batch encoding. I assume when I load up a batch, I have to go into the audio priority order and move (cut/paste) something else like ac3 to the top of that list if I need to do an audio convert. Once the batch is done setting up, I then need to go back into the preferences screen and move copy stream back to the top each time I do this or copy stream is no longer the default doing a single encode.

Does this make sense with what I am asking, and is this the way it needs to be now. I just want to make sure I am not missing something here

My thinking is the audio preferences screen is great for setting up what you want as all the defaults, but we still need a drop down audio profile selector in batch encoding like we do with a single encode
ok...
Atak_Snajpera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2024, 01:07   #20544  |  Link
FTLOY
Friend of a friend..

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlev11 View Post
Can someone explain the new audio preferences screen.

My thinking is the audio preferences screen is great for setting up what you want as all the defaults,
but we still need a drop down audio profile selector in batch encoding like we do with a single encode
I have to agree, it seems complicated, but it probably isn't, I have to say tho, I don't use Batch very often, so I haven't played around with how it works.

But I would have thought that the single mode setup would have been all that was needed for Batch...but that's the way Atak wanted to go..
after all, it's his baby and he does (and doesn't) do what he thinks is usable.

And another thing, on the subject of audio, is there a way to write a Custom audio script ?

In my experience with RB, if you add any audio calls in a Custom script, (as the Custom scripts are all about video settings)
they don't seem to have any affect...is it that the way RB is written that video is "in a different location" to the audio, and that's what the problem is (not sure if I'm explaining that properly).

Anyway, we get what we get....

Last edited by FTLOY; 11th April 2024 at 01:08. Reason: correction
FTLOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2024, 02:12   #20545  |  Link
valnar

In the spirit of requesting audio features, I'd love another audio option that was similar to Copy audio stream for DTS but it just keeps the core. eac3to -core option does this. It's for those rips that have DTS-HD and keeping only a regular DTS 5.1 is still a reduction in file size, but no need to recompress. I (manually) use this option whenever I can since any modern device supports DTS and I can't hear the difference anyway.
valnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2024, 02:27   #20546  |  Link
FTLOY
Friend of a friend..

Quote:
Originally Posted by valnar View Post
In the spirit of requesting audio features, I'd love another audio option that was similar to Copy audio stream for DTS but it just keeps the core. eac3to -core option does this. It's for those rips that have DTS-HD and keeping only a regular DTS 5.1 is still a reduction in file size, but no need to recompress. I (manually) use this option whenever I can since any modern device supports DTS and I can't hear the difference anyway.
Well, let's continue down the audio path..

As I mentioned in this post:-

https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.p...54#post1999754

It would be nice to have more support for THD, and conversion to e-ac3, even if it's only 5.1, even tho there IS a way to create a 7.1 e-ac3/ec3 file, now.

Having said that, I can't use any 7.1 audio

Last edited by FTLOY; 7th April 2024 at 02:37. Reason: more polite
Old 13th April 2024, 14:22   #20547  |  Link
stryker412

FYI, I grabbed 1.26.0 last night from Atak's link in the first post. Today a virus scan picked up a Trojan in D:\Tools\RipBot264v1.26.0\Tools\ModifyChapters\ModifyChapters.exe

Detected: Trojan:Win32/Wacatac.B!ml
stryker412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2024, 14:47   #20548  |  Link
FTLOY
Friend of a friend..

Quote:
Originally Posted by stryker412 View Post
FYI, I grabbed 1.26.0 last night from Atak's link in the first post. Today a virus scan picked up a Trojan in D:\Tools\RipBot264v1.26.0\Tools\ModifyChapters\ModifyChapters.exe

Detected: Trojan:Win32/Wacatac.B!ml
It is probably a false negative (or positive), and it might be because that version is VERY old, and it might be the trigger, you need to update it ASAP, and accept any "virus's" in your anti virus app.

I wish Atak would update the link to v1.27.2 !!!

Last edited by FTLOY; 13th April 2024 at 15:06. Reason: correction
Old 13th April 2024, 14:47   #20549  |  Link
LigH
German doom9/Gleitz SuMo

Certainly not the first "False Positive".

@FTLOY:
"False positive" = reports a detection but is in fact harmless
"False negative" = reports no detection but missed a threat

New German Gleitz board
MediaFire: x264 | x265 | VPx | AOM | Xvid
LigH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2024, 14:51   #20550  |  Link
stryker412

Quote:
Originally Posted by LigH View Post

@FTLOY:
Not so sure it was a false positive.

https://www.virustotal.com/gui/file/...f951/detection
stryker412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2024, 14:53   #20551  |  Link
LigH
German doom9/Gleitz SuMo

If a virus is reported, then the report is "positive" (no matter if false or true).
If no virus is reported, then the report is "negative" (no matter if false or true).

The more I read "Generic", the more confident I am that it is false...

New German Gleitz board
MediaFire: x264 | x265 | VPx | AOM | Xvid
LigH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2024, 15:04   #20552  |  Link
FTLOY
Friend of a friend..

Quote:
Originally Posted by LigH View Post

@FTLOY:
I knew it had to be one or the other, and I guessed the wrong one, but either way, I doubt there IS a problem, I've been using RipBot for years, and haven't had any "proper" virus issues.

Tags
264, 265, appletv, avchd, bluray, gui, iphone, ipod, ps3, psp, ripbot264, x264 2-pass, x264 gui, x264_64, x265, xbox360