Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs

Closed Thread

Old 19th January 2010, 08:40   #3141  |  Link
MuLTiTaSK

@stax76

Blu-ray workflow in StaxRip ideas:
load Blu-ray folder or .m2ts scan source with eac3to StaxRip then processes the info from eac3to then either joins video tracks for seamless branching Blu-ray Discs, demux video track to raw .h264, .vc1 , mux to .mkv or skip video to index with DGIndexNV, FFMS2, DDS, DSS2 handle audio only like demux core tracks -core, convert to .flac, .m4a etc depending on what settings users set in StaxRip

eac3to Command Line Syntax Usage Examples

Last edited by MuLTiTaSK; 19th January 2010 at 09:23.
Old 19th January 2010, 13:35   #3142  |  Link
stax76

@MuLTiTaSK

That don't seem to be compatible with StaxRip's audio handling. In StaxRip you have a audio source file, static command line based profiles and new dynamic GUI based profiles and in case a profile cannot handle the input format or cutting is used a intermediate conversion is performed. Here you don't have files but playlists and the only tool that can work on these playlists is the one that generated the playlist, eac3to. Currently I don't have a interest to develop a GUI for this playlist handling or try to integrate it with StaxRip's audio handling, maybe I develop a interest later. Greif's stream extractor is IIRC already included, it's in the eac3to folder and I'll make it available from Tools > Launch. It makes more sense to investigate MKV handling, currently everybody is using AnyDVD and eac3to to handle title extraction simply because these tools were available first and people develop habits quickly and easily. I don't have any habits yet and with my limited experience MakeMKV seems to be much better plus fits in StaxRip's audio handling because you have regular file, only thing that's new is that it can contain multiple streams, that's difficult to support but possible. Besides that MKV is a much better container supporting more formats, rich meta data and has little overhead, I've heard m2ts overhead is insane, that's one of the reasons I'm resistant to add m2ts output but favor MKV which is DivX Plus compatible which I fully support because I think it's great to have play MKV in the web browser and mkv compatible Blu-ray players and streaming players. Also people at DivX try their best to support my GUI and the encoding community and so do I with DivX. MakeMKV should be much faster. Also I didn't get an reply from SlySoft (requested 2 days before) to sponsor me a AnyDVD license, not that it's a problem since MakeMKV appear to be a much better solution anyway.

Last edited by stax76; 19th January 2010 at 13:48.
Old 19th January 2010, 16:19   #3143  |  Link
M4ST3R

Quote:
Originally Posted by stax76 View Post

Maybe not a good reason, I'm not sure if there is a benefit for StaxRip in Len0x's modifications, they seemed to be AutoGK specific which seem to use autocrop in a different way iirc, might even break things so until somebody posts a good reason I'm not gonna update it.
Thanks, I will stick with 1.1 then.

Quote:
I've removed VirtualDub support but forget to remove this option
Ok, that's why I was confused.

Quote:
It's the same as in the main dialog and calculated from the dar and sar value
Ok
Old 19th January 2010, 16:20   #3144  |  Link
buzzqw
HDConvertToX author

i would suggest the makemkv route.

it's free (now) and easy to integrate. Only one MKV output file, and easy to process with eac3to (for extraction audio tracks)
don't try to use tsmuxer for demuxing audio from mkv since it has some problem with dts and other audio format

BHH
AutoWebM: supporting WebM/VP8
Old 19th January 2010, 17:02   #3145  |  Link
MuLTiTaSK

@stax76

i will send you the money for a AnyDVD-HD license?
Old 19th January 2010, 17:08   #3146  |  Link
stax76

@MuLTiTaSK

Thanks for the offer but if a company isn't interested in their product being supported why should I care then? I rather support companies and programmers that support StaxRip like DivX, neuron2, Mosu etc. So far I've just sent a private message so maybe they didn't read it so far.
Old 19th January 2010, 17:28   #3147  |  Link
M4ST3R

@stax76

Just in case this kind of info is usefull for you:
mediainfo.dll 0.7.27 is available http://mediainfo.sourceforge.net/fr/Download/Windows
you can get more recent ffmpeg builds there: http://ffmpeg.arrozcru.org/autobuilds/
Old 19th January 2010, 17:35   #3148  |  Link
stax76

@M4ST3R

Sure it's useful thanks, I don't have a clue how many applications and libraries StaxRip bundles, certainly many and it's constantly growing. I update some application more often then others, depends on how popular the application is, if it has important bug fixes, new features or optimizations etc.
Old 19th January 2010, 18:19   #3149  |  Link
M4ST3R

When I click on Filters, a menu appears listing the source filters: automatic, mpeg-2, mpeg-2 deblocked, avc,...
But there's also a sub menu named advanced containing more or less (labels are a bit different) the same source filters. Is there a difference between selecting a filter from the main menu or from the advanced one?
Old 19th January 2010, 18:20   #3150  |  Link
V1de0Luvr

Thank you stax76 and MuLTiTaSK - I did get the CLI working by adding the full path to the input file. I normally reduce the frame rate of 720p to 29.97, but the only place I find frame rate mentioned is the %target_framerate% macro. Do I need to create a filter to reduce 59.94 to 29.97? Thanks!
Old 19th January 2010, 18:27   #3151  |  Link
stax76

Quote:
When I click on Filters, a menu appears listing the source filters: automatic, mpeg-2, mpeg-2 deblocked, avc,...
But there's also a sub menu named advanced containing more or less (labels are a bit different) the same source filters. Is there a difference between selecting a filter from the main menu or from the advanced one?
Only difference is the items on top level are newbie friendly, I consider to remove the newbie friendly items since StaxRip has become too advanced and the Automatic option should be fine for most common tasks and newbies.

Quote:
Thank you stax76 and MuLTiTaSK - I did get the CLI working by adding the full path to the input file. I normally reduce the frame rate of 720p to 29.97, but the only place I find frame rate mentioned is the %target_framerate% macro. Do I need to create a filter to reduce 59.94 to 29.97? Thanks!
In the Field filter category there is SelectEven() which will half the framerate, I'm not sure if it must be put in the source filter or if it can be in a separate filter or if both work and which is better or if it don't matter. just try it and let us know if it causes any problems.

Last edited by stax76; 19th January 2010 at 18:29.
Old 19th January 2010, 19:17   #3152  |  Link
V1de0Luvr

Quote:
In the Field filter category there is SelectEven() which will half the framerate, I'm not sure if it must be put in the source filter or if it can be in a separate filter or if both work and which is better or if it don't matter. just try it and let us know if it causes any problems.
Thanks again, stax76. SelectEven does work as a separate filter for me. That sounds like a deinterlace filter, but works for this purpose too.

I was going to stop asking questions now, but that reminds me that I saw the Decomb plugin installed, but I don't see an obvious way to use it?
Old 19th January 2010, 20:47   #3153  |  Link
stax76

Quote:
I was going to stop asking questions now, but that reminds me that I saw the Decomb plugin installed, but I don't see an obvious way to use it?
You can find the Decomb help file in the applications or task dialog, it shows you which filters it provides, it provides field processing filters so the filters can be found in the Field category of the filter profiles.
Old 20th January 2010, 01:29   #3154  |  Link
MoboTech

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuLTiTaSK View Post
adding watermark while ripping

uncheck auto crop borders

delete StaxRip "Settings.bin" you were using on XP then run StaxRip.exe on Windows 7
It's still confusing which code do I use? And what color does the background have to be for transparencies? Also, does it have to be bitmap?
Old 21st January 2010, 09:04   #3155  |  Link
wirawan1234

@stax76
I see in 1.1.4.3, new "AAC VBR ~64 kbps" option as your default
I'm curious why you change the default from 96 (q 0.3) to 64 (q 0.2)?
Isn't q 0.3 already low enough? (I usually use q 0.4)
Thanks
Old 21st January 2010, 12:35   #3156  |  Link
M4ST3R

Quote:
Only difference is the items on top level are newbie friendly, I consider to remove the newbie friendly items since StaxRip has become too advanced and the Automatic option should be fine for most common tasks and newbies.
I agree. Maybe something like automatic in the top menu and other options in a "manual" (or advanced) submenu

Last edited by M4ST3R; 21st January 2010 at 12:38.
Old 21st January 2010, 14:48   #3157  |  Link
stax76

Quote:
I see in 1.1.4.3, new "AAC VBR ~64 kbps" option as your default
There are two reasons, first is 64 and 96 resulted in little difference in my listening test, I don't have very good ear phones though. The second reason is StaxRip uses x264's crf default 23, that it pretty low too so matches well with the 64 which is pretty low as well. 64 audio should be better than 23 video, both good enough for me in most cases, for smaller resolutions 23 is bad of course.

Last edited by stax76; 21st January 2010 at 14:55.
Old 21st January 2010, 22:23   #3158  |  Link
tormento
Acid fr0g

I am trying to encode a BD with StaxRip and DGToolsNV. I have created the .dgi file and imported as source in StaxRip. When I try to manually crop and exit, the windows stays there and StaxRip stops responding, with a minimum ~10% CPU occupation. Any idea of what is it doing?

Please fix this bug, I wouldn't use RipBot again
Old 21st January 2010, 22:28   #3159  |  Link
stax76

@tormento

Do you use the latest test build 1.1.4.3?
Old 22nd January 2010, 07:11   #3160  |  Link
meatwad

I'm using the latest build 1.1.4.3 with DG NV tools build 2003 and I'm having trouble using the gpu deinterlacer. I've set the following options under profiles: DGSource = DGSource("%source_file%",deinterlace=1,resize_w=0,resize_h=0). When I look at the avs file it creates after it runs DGNVIndex it still shows deinterlace=0. I've tried to change the script manually as well as through "Show File-Avisynth Script", but as soon as it begins processing it still shows deinterlace=0. I like Yadiff, but I prefer to deinterlace with DG NV tools. Is there an easy way to fix this or am I missing a setting?
Closed Thread

Tags
gui, h.264, h.265, hevc, mkv, x264, x265