Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > New and alternative a/v containers

Old 17th March 2002, 22:50   #1  |  Link
daedalus

Multiplexing MPEG2 SVCD streams with Ogg Streams

I tried using Graph Edit to do it according to the way AVI files are done, but when i drag the video stream to the ogg multiplexer, a new filter is added between MPEG splitter and the multiplexer called "Ligos MPEG Video Decoder". I started the process the decoder uncompressed the video stream in the process, so the output was just enormous. I tried deleting the decoder filter and reconnecting the MPEG2 stream to the multiplexer, but it is created every time and will not allow me to keep the stream compressed to multiplex it...
Old 18th March 2002, 06:58   #2  |  Link
Neo Neko

Sounds to me like the codec is locked and will not connect directly to any other filters besides the decoder. Anyone else tried or can confirm this?
Neo Neko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2002, 11:07   #3  |  Link
Belgabor
VDubMod Devel

I think the problem might be that the OGG Multiplexer expects a video stream that is compatible to an AVI one (aka what you put into an AVI file). I don't think you get that from demuxing an MPEG2 Stream (you can't put it into an avi file either, can you?).
I'm not entirely sure about that, because i never tried it. Just a thought.

Belgabor
Belgabor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2002, 22:23   #4  |  Link
Neo Neko

Well something similar could be involved here. But you shold be able to put anything you want in OGG. It really does not care. The thing that could be occuring here is that all the render filters will only read from and all encoder filters will only write to an MPEG muxer or format. It is not a limitation of OGG methinks. More likely a limitation of the older very specific filters used to render the media. It should be possible to put MPEG and MPEG2 in AVI as well I think. It just seems as if all current render or muxing software will not allow for this.
Neo Neko is offline   Reply With Quote