Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD & BD Rebuilder

Old 13th December 2018, 23:47   #28241  |  Link
MrVideo

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmigaFuture View Post
Windows will report low storage, only because it's programmed to. It doesn't "care".
Yes, M$ will report it. But, when BDRB fails and quits, before it does it removes the files it was working on, therefore freeing up the space. M$ doesn't get the chance to report that it is low on disc space.
MrVideo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2018, 01:40   #28242  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrVideo View Post
Yes, M$ will report it. But, when BDRB fails and quits, before it does it removes the files it was working on, therefore freeing up the space. M$ doesn't get the chance to report that it is low on disc space.
The problem is that the operating system doesn't return an error that says it is out of disc space. It just returns a generic error that could just as easily be an access issue or a bad file name. So, every time I get an generic error I'm supposed to fo down a list until I finally check the remaining disc space? I don't think so. Like I said, managing disc space is out of scope for this program and it isn't going to happen.

Last edited by jdobbs; 14th December 2018 at 01:43.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2018, 05:14   #28243  |  Link
MrVideo

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
The problem is that the operating system doesn't return an error that says it is out of disc space. It just returns a generic error that could just as easily be an access issue or a bad file name.
Well that sucks. In that case, can I suggest reporting that an unknown system error occurred and abort the current process.
Old 14th December 2018, 08:57   #28244  |  Link
MrVideo

Audio leading video error

For some strange reason, BDRB advanced the audio of a 23.976 video 8 frames, so that it leads the video. I know that it is exactly that because in this particular case there is a 1 frame audio sync burst at 1 sec into the video. The audio is 8 frames early.

So, I ran the MediaInfo program that comes with BDRB and it says that there is no delay with the video. Looking at the original MKV file with VideoReDo shows no audio issue. Looking at the M2TS file with VRD shows the 8 frame error.

As a test, I shifted the audio back 8 frames and the resulting M2TS file is now correct.

Any ideas as to what else to look for that can result in the audio shifting?

Last edited by MrVideo; 14th December 2018 at 11:49.
Old 14th December 2018, 14:24   #28245  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
For some strange reason, BDRB advanced the audio of a 23.976 video 8 frames, so that it leads the video. I know that it is exactly that because in this particular case there is a 1 frame audio sync burst at 1 sec into the video. The audio is 8 frames early.

So, I ran the MediaInfo program that comes with BDRB and it says that there is no delay with the video. Looking at the original MKV file with VideoReDo shows no audio issue. Looking at the M2TS file with VRD shows the 8 frame error.

As a test, I shifted the audio back 8 frames and the resulting M2TS file is now correct.

Any ideas as to what else to look for that can result in the audio shifting?
BD-RB looks at the starting PTS of the audio and video and makes adjustments as necessary. But that's the same thing MEDIAINFO does, so I doubt that is it. If it is there will be a "timeshift" line in the .meta file for the affected file.
Old 14th December 2018, 17:10   #28246  |  Link
Sharc

Quote:
Originally Posted by musiclover View Post
Does anyone have any idea why my 25fps file on import is being converted to a 23.976fps file? And, more important, how to avoid that?
Just guessing: Your source is 1280x720p25. BD-RB probably converts it to a Blu-ray compliant format which is 1280x720p23.976 (or 1280x720p24), but never 1280x720p25.
How to avoid it? You could try to convert your source to 1280x720p50 by doubling each frame or apply pulldown (via avisynth) before importing it.

For info: I imported compliant 1920x1080i25 sources and they were kept as 1920x1080i25.
Sharc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2018, 14:19   #28247  |  Link
no-one

My source is UHD-Remux size 40G, when I burn on bd-r 50G and play on lg up970, it get stuttering problem.
I think because it's too high bitrate for bd-r 50G. Can I use bd_rebuilder to reduce bitrate? How?
no-one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2018, 18:37   #28248  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by no-one View Post
My source is UHD-Remux size 40G, when I burn on bd-r 50G and play on lg up970, it get stuttering problem.
I think because it's too high bitrate for bd-r 50G. Can I use bd_rebuilder to reduce bitrate? How?
There'll be a new version in a few days (maybe a week). Wait for that one.
Old 16th December 2018, 18:48   #28249  |  Link
lithiumus

Quick question. I'm trying to remove some extras and all the warnings, comments, etc screens from my ISOs. Not doing any re-encoding. If I want to see all the smaller streams, I have to select Output Options as DVD5 or DVD9. Anything higher hides all the smaller streams. I can Force No Encode but if I'm selecting DVD5 or DVD9 LPCM will re-encode to AC3 as it's not a BD size and won't ignore encoding. Any way to see all the small streams AND Force No Encode on LPCM audio?

Last edited by lithiumus; 16th December 2018 at 19:48.
lithiumus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2018, 04:03   #28250  |  Link
lithiumus

Quote:
Originally Posted by lithiumus View Post
Quick question. I'm trying to remove some extras and all the warnings, comments, etc screens from my ISOs. Not doing any re-encoding. If I want to see all the smaller streams, I have to select Output Options as DVD5 or DVD9. Anything higher hides all the smaller streams. I can Force No Encode but if I'm selecting DVD5 or DVD9 LPCM will re-encode to AC3 as it's not a BD size and won't ignore encoding. Any way to see all the small streams AND Force No Encode on LPCM audio?
I searched the thread and based on what jdobbs indicated, if the custom target size is set above 8500, HD audio will be allowed to be kept and not reencoded. However, as soon as I set the target size to 8501, all the smaller streams disappear from the stream tab and I can't blank any of the warning and commentaries screens.
Old 17th December 2018, 08:35   #28251  |  Link
AmigaFuture

Quote:
Slower answer to a quick question. Change output to BD-50. You might also need "MIN_M2TS_SIZE=1". Without quotes.
Old 17th December 2018, 14:24   #28252  |  Link
lithiumus

Quote:
I searched the thread and based on what jdobbs indicated, if the custom target size is set above 8500, HD audio will be allowed to be kept and not reencoded. However, as soon as I set the target size to 8501, all the smaller streams disappear from the stream tab and I can't blank any of the warning and commentaries screens.
Used

MIN_M2TS_SIZE=0
MIN_PLAYLIST_MINS=0

And it that did the trick.
Old 17th December 2018, 20:04   #28253  |  Link
lithiumus

Hey jdobbs, finally back and setup for some UHD testing for you. Just to check, I did some no-encode backups and blanked some extras and even with no re-encoding and keeping all the original streams, the stuttering and audio sync issues are present. Just confirming that this is true as I assume if it was tsmuxer, even original streams would also be affected. LMK, happy to test for you.
Old 17th December 2018, 20:21   #28254  |  Link
MrVideo

Quote:
Used

MIN_M2TS_SIZE=0
MIN_PLAYLIST_MINS=0
That is weird. I would have expected that to give you everything.
Old 17th December 2018, 22:42   #28255  |  Link
lithiumus

Quote:
That is weird. I would have expected that to give you everything.
There are a lot of warnings like the "Commentaries expressed by..." that are smaller than 1mb will show up if you use = 0. So better to use 0 and see them all and select the ones you don't want to see that can delay your enjoyment of the video, etc.
Old 18th December 2018, 13:59   #28256  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Used

MIN_M2TS_SIZE=0
MIN_PLAYLIST_MINS=0

And it that did the trick.
Those are the defaults when outputting to BD-5/9 because all playlists have to be encoded. A DVD can't can't handle the higher bitrates of an original BD.
Old 21st December 2018, 21:55   #28257  |  Link
jdobbs

Posted this in the TSM2UHD thread (by mistake) and am repeating it here:

Thought I'd post an update on the BD-RB's UHD-BD processing.

I've completed and tested the HEVC muxing routines and all is well. BD-RB corrects the TSMUXER M2TS for HEVC output and replaces the MPLS and CLPI files (corrupt due to TSMUXERs HEVC muxing issue) with those internally generated by BD-RB. The output works perfectly on my Sony UHD player.

Now I am making modifications to the import routines so they will also correct for TSMUXERs actions. It's not as easy as you may think, since I still need TSMUXER to combine multi-part playlists during import and to mux the other (non-hevc) streams. I've also done research on how BDs handle DolbyVision streams. An extra video track containing the DolbyVision data is muxed as a separate stream into the M2TS file. Since TSMUXER has no awareness of that stream (it thinks it's just another secondary video) I have to go back through my code and make changes so that it can be integrated properly into output. I'm not sure how long that will take -- but I don't expect it to be extensive.

All in all things are moving along -- albeit slowly. I may get a version out for testing in the next few days, but at the latest I'll get it out by EOY.
Old 22nd December 2018, 19:21   #28258  |  Link
AmigaFuture

Quote:
In other words, it isn't in the log.

That is true. The point is that most programs report that it has run out of disc space, Just being friendly to the user. In this case, BDRB ran out of HD space and went off in a tangent. The tangent made me believe that there was something wrong with the source file. IMHO, a bug.
How does a tangent "make" you accept there's something wrong with the source? [edited] Tangents are more living-things related than programs or hardware.

Quote:

Thought I'd post an update on the BD-RB's UHD-BD processing
That's what happens when you spend a lot of time with UHD and not enough squishing bugs for breaks. Your eyes and fingers go cross.

Last edited by jdobbs; 23rd December 2018 at 13:55.
AmigaFuture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2018, 13:58   #28259  |  Link
jdobbs

To all: Any and all political comments made in this forum will result in strikes. No exceptions from here on. This is a technical forum, not means for anyone to voice their political opinions.
Old 23rd December 2018, 17:18   #28260  |  Link
ripem2011

Good

Quote:

Thought I'd post an update on the BD-RB's UHD-BD processing.

I've completed and tested the HEVC muxing routines and all is well. BD-RB corrects the TSMUXER M2TS for HEVC output and replaces the MPLS and CLPI files (corrupt due to TSMUXERs HEVC muxing issue) with those internally generated by BD-RB. The output works perfectly on my Sony UHD player.

Now I am making modifications to the import routines so they will also correct for TSMUXERs actions. It's not as easy as you may think, since I still need TSMUXER to combine multi-part playlists during import and to mux the other (non-hevc) streams. I've also done research on how BDs handle DolbyVision streams. An extra video track containing the DolbyVision data is muxed as a separate stream into the M2TS file. Since TSMUXER has no awareness of that stream (it thinks it's just another secondary video) I have to go back through my code and make changes so that it can be integrated properly into output. I'm not sure how long that will take -- but I don't expect it to be extensive.

All in all things are moving along -- albeit slowly. I may get a version out for testing in the next few days, but at the latest I'll get it out by EOY.
Your da man jdobbs i loved BD Rebuilder before and going to love it more when you get it all working for UHD and i will be donating to you and hope more people will to.to keep this program going
ripem2011 is offline   Reply With Quote