Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > DVD2AVI / DGIndex

Old 20th March 2010, 15:12   #1341  |  Link

That GPU is not on the supported list linked at my web site. You'll have to check with Nvidia to see if it has a VP2 or greater engine. Then you'll need to get version 191+ drivers from the Nvidia website.
Guest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2010, 17:08   #1342  |  Link
Rat Killer

Thanks. I did manage to figure it out and get it working. The 160M is a verson of the GT9300M made for Dell. I loaded the latest dell drivers from Jan this year and still did not work. In the past, the generic nvidia drivers did not work on the dell branded chips but there was some discussion online that that had chaged for the more recent versions.

Loaded the latest 195 beta driver and it now works. Inside MeGUI no less.
Rat Killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2010, 17:16   #1343  |  Link

Good to hear. Thanks for reporting on that.
Old 20th March 2010, 17:18   #1344  |  Link
Clumpco

A while ago someone gave me a link to an article that explained the formula for estimating CUDA speed for a given graphics card (something along the lines of Number of Pixel Shaders times the memory clock speed) - does anyone have this link or the formula?

Along the same lines... neuron2, how about a small benchmarking application that we could all run to get an idea of relative speeds of different cards/chipsets? I know that we can turn off video rendering and then playback to get the max framerate, but that must surely depend on the content that is being played back (and the disk read speed).
Clumpco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2010, 17:26   #1345  |  Link

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clumpco View Post
A while ago someone gave me a link to an article that explained the formula for estimating CUDA speed for a given graphics card (something along the lines of Number of Pixel Shaders times the memory clock speed) - does anyone have this link or the formula?
The "CUDA speed" is irrelevant because the decoding is done by the VP engine.

Quote:
Along the same lines... neuron2, how about a small benchmarking application that we could all run to get an idea of relative speeds of different cards/chipsets?
The VP engine speeds are already documented by Nvidia. Also, there is no way I would ever find time/priority to make such a thing.
Old 20th March 2010, 22:50   #1346  |  Link
GearX

Feature requests - Cropping filter dialog

I use the Cropping filter a lot, and find myself moving the Cropping filter dialog every time I use it. Its position defaults to the upper-left corner of the DGIndexNV display, which means it is always covering at least part of the top and left edges.

Could you make the Cropping Filter dialog default to the center of the video being displayed? or, perhaps just remember its last position?

Also I'm wondering if it's possible to allow the main window to be moved around on the screen while the Cropping Filter dialog is open. I often forget to make sure I can see all four edges of the video image before opening the Cropping Filter, and it's annoying to have to close the dialog, move the main window, then open the dialog again.

Thanks!
GearX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2010, 00:45   #1347  |  Link
vinujan

An update after my driver fiasco, there's a website laptopvideo2go where you can download the latest driver and overwrite a modded INF file and install using the 'Have Disc' method.

Long story short, i was able to install v196.86 and use DG NV tools successfully.

I too would like to see support with JoshyD's 64bit AviSynth builds.

Last edited by vinujan; 23rd March 2010 at 03:59.
vinujan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2010, 13:31   #1348  |  Link
simonb1975uk

Does memory matter?

Hi I'm looking at getting a 256Meg 8400GS to do the video decoding for DGNV but am wondering if there is an advantage to getting a 512Mb version, will the encoding be quicker with more memory or doesn't it matter?
simonb1975uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2010, 14:07   #1349  |  Link

I recommend the 512MB card. It won't be faster but you'll be able to open more simultaneous instances if you need that.
Old 24th March 2010, 14:28   #1350  |  Link
simonb1975uk

Ok thanks a lot :-)
simonb1975uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2010, 18:42   #1351  |  Link
MrScientist

will this work for me

hi, since there doesn't seem to be a trial version for this software, i would just like to introduce my scenario before purchasing to make sure it will work for me. i have panasonic 1080i avchd m2ts files i currently use coreavc to decode and megui to encode with yadif to deinterlace. i have a geforce 220 and would like to do the decoding/deinterlacing on the card and still use megui to encode. would this be possible with dgnv? i know my card can hardware decode/deinterlace the files without issue by playing in mpchc. thanks.
MrScientist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2010, 19:36   #1352  |  Link
Adub
Fighting spam with a fish

Yes, the GT220 is fully supported, as you can see here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PureVid..._.28HD.29_GPUs

It supports the VP4 engine, so you can get some sweet compatibility with it.
Old 26th March 2010, 19:37   #1353  |  Link

Should work fine as 220 has a VP4 engine. You can test with the free CUVID Client/Server if you like, but it shouldn't be necessary.
Old 27th March 2010, 23:59   #1354  |  Link
MrScientist

thanks for the replies. i have the latest drivers (197.13). i tried the cuvid server/client with my 1080i avc files, the "cheese slices" 1080i avc and mp2 files and the "cheese slices" 480i mp2 file and got interlacing while stepping through all of them.

am i using the server/client wrong? i start CUVIDServer in the dgdecnv200b3 folder then start the CUVIDClient in the cuvidclient200b1 folder and then load my avc or mp2, reset and step through. i don't seem to be using anything in the cuvidserver200b1 folder and maybe that's my problem?

Last edited by MrScientist; 28th March 2010 at 00:41. Reason: i kan't spel
Old 28th March 2010, 00:15   #1355  |  Link
hydra3333

Thanks neuron2 for your continued work on your great tools !
hydra3333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2010, 00:43   #1356  |  Link

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrScientist View Post
thanks for the reply. i have the latest drivers (197.13). i tried the cuvid server/client with my 1080i avc files, the "cheese slices" 1080i avc and mp2 files and the "cheese slices" 480i mp2 file and got interlacing while stepping through all of them.
OK, so it's interlaced. The sample client has no means to specify deinterlacing. The purpose of the server/client apps is only to test whether your card is supported (and as a model for those who might want to use the server with their own application.). If you get video then the DGNV tools will work for you. You can specify deinterlacing via a parameter to DGDecodeNV() or DGMultiDecodeNV().

Quote:
am i using the server/client wrong? i start CUVIDServer in the dgdecnv200b3 folder then start the CUVIDClient in the cuvidclient200b1 folder and then load my avc or mp2, reset and step through. i don't seem to be using anything in the cuvidserver200b1 folder and maybe that's my problem?
What is the problem you are experiencing?

@hydra3333

Thanks for the kind words. They are always appreciated.

Last edited by Guest; 28th March 2010 at 00:47.
Old 28th March 2010, 00:46   #1357  |  Link

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adub View Post
It supports the VP4 engine, so you can get some sweet compatibility with it.
I understand that VP4 supports MPEG4 ASP so maybe I will add that at some point.
Old 28th March 2010, 01:10   #1358  |  Link
MrScientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by neuron2 View Post
OK, so it's interlaced. The sample client has no means to specify deinterlacing. The purpose of the server/client apps is only to test whether your card is supported (and as a model for those who might want to use the server with their own application.). If you get video then the DGNV tools will work for you. You can specify deinterlacing via a parameter to DGDecodeNV() or DGMultiDecodeNV().
gotcha. i thought using the server/client would allow me to view the footage deinterlaced if my card could handle it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neuron2 View Post
What is the problem you are experiencing?
i guess none. see above.
Old 30th March 2010, 05:51   #1359  |  Link
VincAlastor

@neuron2
is there a test x64 version of your tools, i would like to help you as a tester?
VincAlastor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2010, 14:17   #1360  |  Link

Quote:
Originally Posted by VincAlastor View Post
@neuron2
is there a test x64 version of your tools, i would like to help you as a tester?
Not yet.