Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > One click suites for DVD backup and DVD creation
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 25th September 2008, 10:37   #461  |  Link
MrC
AVStoDVD Dev

AVStoDVD release 2.1.1 Alpha 090825 available to download

Change log:

- Some bugs fixed
- Added 'Video Minimum Avg BitRate' in 'Settings'/'AudioVideo'. Lower value allowed is 1000 kbps. Default is 2500 kbps.
- Added 'Default Subs Language' in 'Settings/Authoring&Burning'
- Added frames selection customization to DVD Menu thumbnails (static and motion)
- Added frame capturing and saving (bitmap) feature in 'Clip Preview'
- Added 'GridSnap' feature (grid visualization and snap objects to grid) in DVD Menu Editor
- Added 'DV Source' auto detection in 'Title Edit'/'Video'
- Changed 'Default Video Max BitRate' in 'Video Maximum Avg BitRate'. Higher value reduced to 8500 kbps to avoid bitrate spikes.
- Changed Video Max BitRate (peak) setpoint: now it is not customizable (9000 kbps)
- Improved 'Clip Preview' form capabilities
- Improved 'Settings'/'System'/'Hardware Info' section
- Improved button shadows in DVD Menu Editor (new AviSynth function 'DropShadow')
- MediaInfo updated to 0.7.7.6
- BatchMux updated to 1.3
- Moved from "GNU/GPL" to "Creative Commons - Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 Unported" license type

*Note about license*
I would like to thanks PatchWork for his (somehow "inquisitive" but very qualified) advice in choosing the appropriate license for AVStoDVD.

Bye

AVStoDVD Homepage
AVStoDVD @ Doom9 Forum
MrC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2008, 10:44   #462  |  Link
rendez2k

Good work! I'll test tonight. But the big question for me is.... does this included the Panasonic fix? Without it, its not ideal for me to use!
rendez2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2008, 11:30   #463  |  Link
MrC
AVStoDVD Dev

Quote:
Originally Posted by rendez2k View Post
Good work! I'll test tonight. But the big question for me is.... does this included the Panasonic fix? Without it, its not ideal for me to use!
It should does, because of BatchMux 1.3 update.

Let us know

Bye

AVStoDVD Homepage
AVStoDVD @ Doom9 Forum
Old 25th September 2008, 16:17   #464  |  Link
Filbert

Thanks!
Tested 'DV Source' auto detection with DV-AVI and DV-Quicktime/.mov Container (PAL/25i). Both were detected correctly as DV Source. Makes my life a lot easier...

Greets, Filbert

Last edited by Filbert; 25th September 2008 at 16:24.
Filbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2008, 22:27   #465  |  Link
rendez2k

The frame selection part has crashed on me twice now - once just scrolling through the video and once trying to OK my selections. Its a shame because I like the idea! Like the menu grid too!

Not tested the Panasonic issue yet but I'll report back soon.
rendez2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2008, 10:43   #466  |  Link
PatchWorKs

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrC View Post
- Moved from "GNU/GPL" to "Creative Commons - Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 Unported" license type

*Note about license*
I would like to thanks PatchWork for his (somehow "inquisitive" but very qualified) advice in choosing the appropriate license for AVStoDVD.

Bye

BTW I suggested the BY-NC-SA 3.0 to stay under some open feel (the BY-NC allows others to mod your soft but they're not forced to release the mods and can change the license too)...

Quote:
Share Alike. You allow others to distribute derivative works only under a license identical to the license that governs your work.
note: my 'art' name is Marco Ravich, for those who are interested in.

Official git: https://www.forart.it/HyMPS/

Last edited by PatchWorKs; 27th September 2008 at 10:34.
PatchWorKs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2008, 11:32   #467  |  Link
MrC
AVStoDVD Dev

Quote:
Originally Posted by rendez2k View Post
The frame selection part has crashed on me twice now - once just scrolling through the video and once trying to OK my selections. Its a shame because I like the idea! Like the menu grid too!

Not tested the Panasonic issue yet but I'll report back soon.
It could be a problem of compatibility between your video codecs and the directshow library quartz.dll, that I use to make previews.

I had some crashes as well when using ffdshow "nightly builds". Everything ok instead with ffdshow stable releases and XviD 1.3. Not tested with DivX 5/6.

Bye

AVStoDVD Homepage
AVStoDVD @ Doom9 Forum
Old 27th September 2008, 18:55   #468  |  Link
gizzin

Sometimes when I make a dvd it doesn't rebuild into a dvd structure properly. It happen twice, one time with a whole movie, and then recently with a single titleset. I get the error in imgburn the corresponding ifo file for that particular titleset is missing. But this would most likely be a muxman error? not a avstodvd error...
gizzin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2008, 10:35   #469  |  Link
MrC
AVStoDVD Dev

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizzin View Post
Sometimes when I make a dvd it doesn't rebuild into a dvd structure properly. It happen twice, one time with a whole movie, and then recently with a single titleset. I get the error in imgburn the corresponding ifo file for that particular titleset is missing. But this would most likely be a muxman error? not a avstodvd error...
Really never happened to me.... Did it happen with Muxman 0.15R (that comes with AVStoDVD) and/or 0.16.6?

Maybe Sir Didymus, who's knowledge of Muxman is surely greater than mine, could help us.

Bye

AVStoDVD Homepage
AVStoDVD @ Doom9 Forum
Old 28th September 2008, 16:54   #470  |  Link
Sir Didymus

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrC
Really never happened to me.... Did it happen with Muxman 0.15R (that comes with AVStoDVD) and/or 0.16.6?

Maybe Sir Didymus, who's knowledge of Muxman is surely greater than mine, could help us.

Bye
No, no, please!

I don't like to be considered as an "expert" of anything (I am not... really...).

This issue, of the missed IFO files, is surely independent from the release of MuxMan (0.15R or 0.16.6). And it is neither depending on BatchMux - which is just a tool helpful in order to build the MuxMan scripts - or on MuxMan itself.

It is just a consequence of the fact that the MuxMan session ended with an error. Looking at the MuxMan log, and having some more informative bug report from gizzin would be useful for a better tracing of the problem.

My experience is that whenever properly created assets are fed to MuxMan, the authoring session does not fail.

Also, please use the search!
The issue of the "brute" end of the MuxMan authoring session has been discussed previously many other times, both in this thread and in the one related to FAVC.

Cheers,
SD
Sir Didymus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2008, 18:12   #471  |  Link
MrC
AVStoDVD Dev

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Didymus View Post
... Looking at the MuxMan log, and having some more informative bug report from gizzin would be useful for a better tracing of the problem ...
And AVStoDVD log would be useful as well.

Bye

AVStoDVD Homepage
AVStoDVD @ Doom9 Forum
Old 29th September 2008, 04:25   #472  |  Link
gizzin

Um yeah I guess saving the log would probably be useful. heh. I got a new error, well not necessary new, this also has been happening b4. The process aborts before it actually authors the dvd. I mentioned it before, I think I gave you a log of it. But anyways heres another log... I tried it with muxman 15r. I will also get a log of when the vts ifo file is missing. When it happens again I'm sure it will. I also have some files that avstodvd says when inputting them that it can't find the playtime... which are divx 5.0 and mp3 audio.
Old 29th September 2008, 05:56   #473  |  Link
Adub
Fighting spam with a fish

A couple of questions,

1) What do you use to encode to AC3? It doesn't appear to be aften, which I thought was supposed to be one of the highest quality encoders available.
2) Why do you always do a "LanczosResize(720,480,0,36,0,-36)" on all content? It crops away so much of the original content, and it is plain unnecessary.
Old 29th September 2008, 13:59   #474  |  Link
MrC
AVStoDVD Dev

Quote:
Um yeah I guess saving the log would probably be useful. heh. I got a new error, well not necessary new, this also has been happening b4. The process aborts before it actually authors the dvd. I mentioned it before, I think I gave you a log of it. But anyways heres another log... I tried it with muxman 15r. I will also get a log of when the vts ifo file is missing. When it happens again I'm sure it will.
You sent me a PM with a log but without any explanation. Which case does it show? Reading it, everything seems to be ok...

Quote:
I also have some files that avstodvd says when inputting them that it can't find the playtime... which are divx 5.0 and mp3 audio.
If MediaInfo does not recognize some tags (playtime in that case), AVStoDVD will tell it to the user

Bye

AVStoDVD Homepage
AVStoDVD @ Doom9 Forum
Old 29th September 2008, 14:16   #475  |  Link
MrC
AVStoDVD Dev

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlin7777 View Post
A couple of questions,

1) What do you use to encode to AC3? It doesn't appear to be aften, which I thought was supposed to be one of the highest quality encoders available.
2) Why do you always do a "LanczosResize(720,480,0,36,0,-36)" on all content? It crops away so much of the original content, and it is plain unnecessary.
Hi there Merlin7777

1) As it is written in the readme.txt file (and in the website homepage), AVStoDVD uses QuEnc as audio encoder, for both mp2 and ac3. Upgrade to Aften is in my ToDo list.

2) As a matter of fact I do not ALWAYS do that resize. Resizing routine is quite complex and it depends on the input stream frame height and width and on the output aspect ratio.
<LanczosResize(720,480,0,36,0,-36> could come from a "almost" 4:3 input stream + a 16:9 selected output.
Feel free to play with frame setups and you will see different resizings.

Bye

AVStoDVD Homepage
AVStoDVD @ Doom9 Forum
Old 29th September 2008, 15:36   #476  |  Link
gizzin

The error is that the right after encoding, it doesn't get to the authoring part it just aborts on it own. That whats the log for..

<9/28/2008 7:56:30 PM>
PROCESS ABORTED DURING DVD AUTHORING OPERATIONS. <-- It doesn't author... I get this error, yet I didn't abort it... u know what i mean?
Old 29th September 2008, 15:48   #477  |  Link
gizzin

Quote:
If MediaInfo does not recognize some tags (playtime in that case), AVStoDVD will tell it to the user
So in other words these file are unsupported? Because after it says error reading playtime, it says error reading file...I'm not able to load them into avstodvd.
Old 29th September 2008, 18:35   #478  |  Link
Adub
Fighting spam with a fish

@MrC

Thanks for your answers. I guess I was always seeing the Lanczos line because that is the input that I am working with. I will just have to be careful and edit it by hand. And I look forward to your Aften support!!
Old 30th September 2008, 09:28   #479  |  Link
MrC
AVStoDVD Dev

Quote:
The error is that the right after encoding, it doesn't get to the authoring part it just aborts on it own. That whats the log for..

<9/28/2008 7:56:30 PM>
PROCESS ABORTED DURING DVD AUTHORING OPERATIONS. <-- It doesn't author... I get this error, yet I didn't abort it... u know what i mean?
Do you have the possibility to recover and post here the log file generated by MuxMan? It is located in AVStoDVD temp files folder.

Quote:
So in other words these file are unsupported? Because after it says error reading playtime, it says error reading file...I'm not able to load them into avstodvd.
Yes, they are unsupported. Those kind of error in reading AVIs usually happen when there is a error in file header. Instead, if GSpot can read the file and MediaInfo not, you can contact Zenitram (MediaInfo author) @ SourceForge to inform him about the possible bug.

Bye

AVStoDVD Homepage
AVStoDVD @ Doom9 Forum
Old 30th September 2008, 12:04   #480  |  Link
gizzin

I'll run it again, and give you the log....Man I should really save these things...