Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Hardware & Software > Software players

Old 19th January 2015, 22:18   #1001  |  Link
Zachs
Suptitle, MediaPlayer.NET

Actually it should stick to the desktop edge, but only when you release the mouse button.
Zachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2015, 22:38   #1002  |  Link
ryrynz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zachs View Post
Actually it should stick to the desktop edge, but only when you release the mouse button.
It's a lot easier to do this with the top part of the window than either the bottom or sides..

The top actually repositions itself to stick. I can't seem get that happening with the bottom or sides.

Last edited by ryrynz; 19th January 2015 at 22:43.
ryrynz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2015, 01:24   #1003  |  Link
XRyche

In the most recent release I can't add .vob files to a playlist. The individual files play fine on there own but don't appear in the playlist box even when you add them to it.
XRyche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2015, 01:54   #1004  |  Link
mrcorbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRyche View Post
In the most recent release I can't add .vob files to a playlist. The individual files play fine on there own but don't appear in the playlist box even when you add them to it.
Open up the file PlaylistForm.cs in the PlayerExtensions folder in a text editor and do a find on "List<string> validfiles = new List<string>()" in the text. When you find this line there will be a list of file extensions at the end of it. You can add .vob (and any other file extension you wish) to this list and save the file. That will fix it.
mrcorbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2015, 02:47   #1005  |  Link
XRyche

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrcorbo View Post
Open up the file PlaylistForm.cs in the PlayerExtensions folder in a text editor and do a find on "List<string> validfiles = new List<string>()" in the text. When you find this line there will be a list of file extensions at the end of it. You can add .vob (and any other file extension you wish) to this list and save the file. That will fix it.
Ah, thank you very much mrcorbo. On another note, I have another issue with the same dvd. There are 2 separate subtitle tracks. The issue is when I try to change subtitle tracks I can only choose the first track or "no subtitles". I can't chose the second subtitle track. This is using the latest build of Xysubfilter and it happens whether I'm using keyboard shortcuts or changing them manually using the subtitle menu. I have played the same dvd using MPC-HC+madVR+Xysubfilter(same build) without this issue.
Old 20th January 2015, 03:49   #1006  |  Link
Zachs

Does MPDN show two subtitle tracks on the list?
Old 20th January 2015, 04:43   #1007  |  Link
XRyche

Quote:
Does MPDN show two subtitle tracks on the list?
Yes, it does. It shows 2 separate entries that say "vobsub" and then a 3rd entry that says "no subtitle", in that order.
Old 20th January 2015, 06:37   #1008  |  Link
DeadlyEmbrace

Zachs, I have encountered two error in the Extension framework.

1 - When using m_PlayerControl.ShowOsdText() the timeout doesn't seem to work so the text simply stays on the UI until I call m_PlayerControl.HideOsdText()
2 - When using m_PlayerControl.StopMedia() followed by m_PlayerControl.PlayMedia(false) it seems to get stuck at the current location with a white screen.

You can easily confirm the second one by using the remote. For the first one simply disable the hideTimer in the remote, connect and the next time it displays it should be stuck.
DeadlyEmbrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2015, 07:48   #1009  |  Link
Zachs

Well try to fix them as soon as I can!
Old 20th January 2015, 17:37   #1010  |  Link
DeadlyEmbrace

No worries.
In the meantime I have create a release of the Remote as the three main issues are now solved. It can be found here:https://github.com/DeadlyEmbrace/MPD...rol_v1.0.0.zip or downloaded from the GitHub release section here:https://github.com/DeadlyEmbrace/MPD...ntrol/releases

Before the new remote can be used the update for the extensions will need to be pulled into the main branch (I have already created the pull request)
DeadlyEmbrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2015, 22:58   #1011  |  Link
Zachs

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadlyEmbrace View Post
No worries.
In the meantime I have create a release of the Remote as the three main issues are now solved. It can be found here:https://github.com/DeadlyEmbrace/MPD...rol_v1.0.0.zip or downloaded from the GitHub release section here:https://github.com/DeadlyEmbrace/MPD...ntrol/releases

Before the new remote can be used the update for the extensions will need to be pulled into the main branch (I have already created the pull request)
Good stuff mate!
OP links updated.
Old 20th January 2015, 23:12   #1012  |  Link
Zachs

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRyche View Post
Yes, it does. It shows 2 separate entries that say "vobsub" and then a 3rd entry that says "no subtitle", in that order.
Does MPC-HC show the same entries? I suspect I know what the problem is but just need to be sure...
Old 20th January 2015, 23:24   #1013  |  Link
Zachs

Quote:
Originally Posted by romulous View Post
Not as far as I know (if any of the apps I have running affect snapping, it isn't an advertised feature of them and certainly not why I am running them). What I will have to do is to run the same test with all the background apps on my system shutdown (well, as many of them as is possible anyway) and see if I get the same result.
Just to be sure, you did enable the "Snap to screen edges" option, didn't you?
Old 20th January 2015, 23:45   #1014  |  Link
Zachs

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadlyEmbrace View Post
Zachs, I have encountered two error in the Extension framework.

1 - When using m_PlayerControl.ShowOsdText() the timeout doesn't seem to work so the text simply stays on the UI until I call m_PlayerControl.HideOsdText()
2 - When using m_PlayerControl.StopMedia() followed by m_PlayerControl.PlayMedia(false) it seems to get stuck at the current location with a white screen.

You can easily confirm the second one by using the remote. For the first one simply disable the hideTimer in the remote, connect and the next time it displays it should be stuck.
#2 Replicated and fixed in next release.
#1 There's no ShowOsdText in the current remote you checked in? However, I suspect it's because you're calling it from a foreign thread. I tried the following using the HelloWorld.cs example and it worked fine:

PHP Code:
        private void HelloWorldClick()
        {

m_PlayerControl.ShowOsdText("Hello world"2000);
        } 
Ensuring thread-safety is quite easy - just call it via BeginInvoke.

PHP Code:
            m_PlayerControl.VideoPanel.BeginInvoke(
                (
MethodInvoker) (() => m_PlayerControl.ShowOsdText("Hello world"2000))); 
I should've written some documentation but anyhow, here goes
All methods in m_PlayerControl's should only be called from the GUI thread, as they are not thread-safe. It should be treated similarly to how .NET UI controls are accessed.

Cheers.
Old 21st January 2015, 00:48   #1015  |  Link
XRyche

Quote:
Does MPC-HC show the same entries? I suspect I know what the problem is but just need to be sure...
On MPC-HC it says "enable DVD subtitles" then has a separator, than has 2 separate entries that say "english". The 1st "english" entry is for signage only and the 2nd entry is for signage and dialogue. It has no "no subtitle" entry.
Old 21st January 2015, 02:01   #1016  |  Link
romulous

Quote:
Just to be sure, you did enable the "Snap to screen edges" option, didn't you?
Oops, no - I thought it was meant to be default enabled. Anyway, just enabled it, but it makes no difference at all.
romulous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2015, 02:24   #1017  |  Link
Zachs

Quote:
Originally Posted by romulous View Post
Oops, no - I thought it was meant to be default enabled. Anyway, just enabled it, but it makes no difference at all.
Make sure you release the window within 25 pixels of your screen edges. If you keep holding it, it will *not* snap. It does so only when you release the mouse button.
Old 21st January 2015, 02:33   #1018  |  Link
mrcorbo

I found a file that instantly crashes MPDN on my system. In looking at the file properties, the only odd thing I noticed was that the file was encoded at 1920X1088 resolution. So, I re-encoded a small video clip to 1920 X 1088 and tried to play that and, sure enough, that crashed MPDN too.

The error message is
Code:
An unhandled exception of type 'System.AccessViolationException' occurred in Mpdn.D3D9VideoRenderer

Additional information: Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt.
The address listed on the disassembly is - Mpdn.D3D9VideoRenderer.VideoRenderer.UpdateFrameBuffer(System.IntPtr)

The crash happens with all 3 Presentation APIs.
mrcorbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2015, 02:45   #1019  |  Link
Zachs

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrcorbo View Post
I found a file that instantly crashes MPDN on my system. In looking at the file properties, the only odd thing I noticed was that the file was encoded at 1920X1088 resolution. So, I re-encoded a small video clip to 1920 X 1088 and tried to play that and, sure enough, that crashed MPDN too.

The error message is
Code:
An unhandled exception of type 'System.AccessViolationException' occurred in Mpdn.D3D9VideoRenderer

Additional information: Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt.
The address listed on the disassembly is - Mpdn.D3D9VideoRenderer.VideoRenderer.UpdateFrameBuffer(System.IntPtr)

The crash happens with all 3 Presentation APIs.
Can you upload the file sample somewhere so I could quickly fix the problem?

EDIT: Nevermind, replicated the issue.

EDIT2: Fixed in next release. For some reason, LAV Video Decoder changes the resolution to 1920x1080 even when the source is clearly 1920x1088... Why? Something to do with height being divisible by 16... but again why the need to enforce that?

Last edited by Zachs; 21st January 2015 at 03:44.
Old 21st January 2015, 02:57   #1020  |  Link
romulous

Quote:
Make sure you release the window within 25 pixels of your screen edges. If you keep holding it, it will *not* snap. It does so only when you release the mouse button.
Ok, got it - it's just a really really weird implementation of snapping.

romulous
romulous is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
direct3d, mpdn, nnedi3, opencl, reclock