Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD & BD Rebuilder

Old 18th December 2013, 15:34   #18601  |  Link
SFiedor
Rodiefs

Can't open file

Yes the import function worked. Thank you for your help, jdobbs!

Last edited by SFiedor; 20th December 2013 at 00:11.
SFiedor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2013, 20:14   #18602  |  Link
nounours18200

Quote:
No, it shouldn't. It changes the default Directshow CODECs for VC-1, MPEG-2, and AVC to those found in FFDSHOW. The Directshow interface has been standardized, and if other programs access Directshow, these CODECs will work with them.
Thanks !
nounours18200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2013, 12:55   #18603  |  Link
anavarza

How do I get from the menu screen bd25... png, jpeg...
anavarza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2013, 16:47   #18604  |  Link
Ch3vr0n

why'd u want that. BDRB is to shrink discs, not to grab disc items. Use windows explorer and explore the BDMV folder of the disc. If ur lucky the artwork will not be hidden inside a java runtime
Ch3vr0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2013, 20:44   #18605  |  Link
nounours18200

Hi,

When the original Bluray disk has been shrink onto the hard drive by using BD-rebuilder, what software do you use to burn it on a recordable Bluray disk ?

Tks
nounours18200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2013, 20:53   #18606  |  Link
gonca

ImgBurn for burning to disc
gonca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2013, 20:59   #18607  |  Link
Ch3vr0n

and if you install IMGBurn, BDRB will see that it is installed and offer you 2 new options in output settings. 1) burn output to ISO & 2) Burn directly to disc. Personally i always pick option 1. That way you can simply mount the iso in a virtual drive like Slysoft's "Virtual Clone Drive" and test to see if the rebuilt disc works before you burn it to a blank to avoid a "coaster".
Ch3vr0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2013, 21:44   #18608  |  Link
omegaman7

I used to use Nero burning Rom religiously(For DVD's anyhow). Then I discovered Imgburn/Dvd Decryptor, and haven't looked back
Old 20th December 2013, 00:52   #18609  |  Link
SFiedor
Rodiefs

Can't open file

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFiedor View Post
Yes the import function worked. Thank you for your help, jdobbs!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
The name of the file indicates that it is being kept intact -- and is the result of a simple extraction. But somehow at a point somewhere between extraction and rebuild the file has gone missing.

Why not just use the IMPORT function?
jdobbs - the plot thickens. As mentioned above, I tried the IMPORT function and it successfully completed backing up the bad episodes. BUT when I went to play them - I found something interesting. For example: the Star Trek Episode called ARENA had duplicate scenes within the Episode and the total playtime was 59:01 for the IMPORTED file versus the 50:33 actual playtime found listed on IMDB. I noticed that all the imported files had playtimes much greater than actual IMDB times and the imported files also replayed different scenes multiple times. I tried using the "OTHER MOVIE-ONLY PLAYLIST" option again on 2 additional BD rips and had the "Can't open file " problem occur for one episode out of 8 total.

When I back-up by using the episode play lists - the back-up episode playtime is correct with no duplicated scenes.

Any thoughts or other ideas?
Old 20th December 2013, 05:46   #18610  |  Link
proxpilot

anyone else having problems with out of order scenes? Im doing movie only to DVD5 conversion, i had the problem with Now You See Me. Most movies i add into BD rebuilder show up as one single file. but when i add Now You see Me it shows multiple files, Disneys Planes does this too but i haven been able to watch it yet to see if it is also out of order.
proxpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2013, 05:54   #18611  |  Link
HWK

Quote:
Originally Posted by proxpilot View Post
anyone else having problems with out of order scenes? Im doing movie only to DVD5 conversion, i had the problem with Now You See Me. Most movies i add into BD rebuilder show up as one single file. but when i add Now You see Me it shows multiple files, Disneys Planes does this too but i haven been able to watch it yet to see if it is also out of order.
Out of order usually happens when disc protection is not removed correctly or selecting wrong mpls file. Provide more info on what was used to rip and setting.
Old 20th December 2013, 05:58   #18612  |  Link
proxpilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by HWK View Post
Out of order usually happens when disc protection is not removed correctly or selecting wrong mpls file. Provide more info on what was used to rip and setting.
i use AnydvdHD to rip. with what i assume are default settings. then i just put the entire file into BD rebuilder
Old 20th December 2013, 12:14   #18613  |  Link
RobertM

Quote:
i use AnydvdHD to rip. with what i assume are default settings. then i just put the entire file into BD rebuilder
But sometimes there are dozens of different playlists with only one containing the correct order of individual pieces. This is done intentionally by the studios in an effort to combat piracy. BD-RB does not know which playlist is the correct one; it guesses, but it sometimes guesses wrongly.
RobertM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2013, 12:51   #18614  |  Link
omegaman7

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertM View Post
But sometimes there are dozens of different playlists with only one containing the correct order of individual pieces. This is done intentionally by the studios in an effort to combat piracy. BD-RB does not know which playlist is the correct one; it guesses, but it sometimes guesses wrongly.
Slysoft developers have said faulty playback, is due to a bug in anydvd HD. I find that laughable, since their software is one of the most sophisticated I've used I don't call it a bug. I call it just how you have. An attempt by the industry, to combat piracy. "Source Code", is one of the earliest I remember having the problem. And then the twilight movies. But apparently, they have stated that once Anydvd HD has been updated, problem solved.
Old 20th December 2013, 15:51   #18615  |  Link
SFiedor
Rodiefs

Can't open file

Quote:
Originally Posted by HWK View Post
I agree, HWK and have seen that too. In my case, there is MPLS CHAPTER and ANGLE 2 file for each Star Trek Episode on a BD. When I drop the CHAPTER MPLS file directly into MPC player, MPC always plays the Episode MPLS correctly and has the exact playtime reported by IMDb, AND has the chapter selection tabs enabled on the MPC play progress bar.
When the Episodes are backed up using the BD Rebuilder's OTHER MOVIE-ONLY PLAYLIST mode, they work correctly almost all the time. On average 1 in 7 episodes fail to backup. For the ones that fail, BD Rebuilder reports the same missing file and doesn't start PHASE 2 of the backup. It also seems to be the last episode on a BD that fails.
When I took jdobbs' suggestion to use the IMPORT option, all episodes were backed up but incorrectly across multiple BDs. They had duplicate scenes and the playtimes were minutes longer than the correct versions. I had one Episode that was 128 minutes long after backing up when it should have been around 50 minutes. This leads me to think that there is something going on with BD Rebuilder.
BTW - I also used AnyDVD HD (most current version) to rip, and have tried the backups on two different PCs with exactly the same results. I also save the rips and the backups directly to hard drive. I never use the burn backup option. All BD Rebuilder backups are configured for no video encoding and to keep the original audio tracks intact.
Also, I've never have gotten the Chapter select to work on any of my BD Backups. The Chapters are there, however, after AnyDVD HD rips.
Old 20th December 2013, 15:56   #18616  |  Link
proxpilot

so basically there is no way to fix it until Anydvd fixes it?
Old 20th December 2013, 16:08   #18617  |  Link
Capsbackup

Quote:
Why not post the log from BD-RB?
BD-RB is great, but it does require some user intervention to achieve certain results. The easiest with the least user effort is to do a full backup. You need only choose the audio and subtitles that way.
Movie only requires knowledge of the correct playlist to choose. This is not BD-RB's fault if the incorrect playlist is selected by BD-RB! This is where the user needs to know which one is correct, which does require more effort to find and choose correctly!

You could check this AnyDVD post regarding "Now You See Me"
https://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?57828-Now-You-See-Me-US-Bluray

Last edited by Capsbackup; 20th December 2013 at 16:15.
Capsbackup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2013, 16:29   #18618  |  Link
SFiedor
Rodiefs

Can't open file

Quote:
I'm thinking that it isn't AnyDVD's problem to fix... All of my AnyDVD HD MPLS files work correctly. I can understand having multiple MPLS files to confuse products like BD Rebuilder. I just find the right MPLS file and use it. I don't view this as a big deal. :-)
What I'm seeing, in this particular instance, is that the correct AnyDVD HD MPLS file works when dragged directly into MPC BD player and the backed up file created from the same MPLS file does not play correctly after being processed by BD Rebuilder.
Don't get me wrong. BD Rebuilder is a fantastic product and works as advertised 99% of all times. But I think that there may be some kinks that still need to be worked through.
Old 20th December 2013, 16:54   #18619  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFiedor View Post
I'm thinking that it isn't AnyDVD's problem to fix... All of my AnyDVD HD MPLS files work correctly. I can understand having multiple MPLS files to confuse products like BD Rebuilder. I just find the right MPLS file and use it. I don't view this as a big deal. :-)
What I'm seeing, in this particular instance, is that the correct AnyDVD HD MPLS file works when dragged directly into MPC BD player and the backed up file created from the same MPLS file does not play correctly after being processed by BD Rebuilder.
Don't get me wrong. BD Rebuilder is a fantastic product and works as advertised 99% of all times. But I think that there may be some kinks that still need to be worked through.
It's a real stretch, though, to think that BD-RB could "juggle" the order of the playlist. It would have to try to do that...

Are you actually using an original, unaltered, unpreprocessed source?
Old 20th December 2013, 21:23   #18620  |  Link
omegaman7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
It's a real stretch, though, to think that BD-RB could "juggle" the order of the playlist. It would have to try to do that...

Are you actually using an original, unaltered, unpreprocessed source?
Ok... I have to chime in here. I have Star Trek TOS backups waiting for me to process them. I'll have to give them a run soon I haven't done them yet, for other reasons. Namely, a great deal of content, even for BD-25. I was unimpressed with the last run. So, I put it on the back burner. I think it's time to test it again.