Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Hardware & Software > Software players

Closed Thread

Old 3rd November 2009, 10:28   #10341  |  Link
Mercury_22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lincoln Burrows View Post
As far as I know, Haali can't display those subtitles, it's returning all sorts of errors, I don't know why. You need to activate VMR 7 or 9 renderless in the MPC-HC internal settings to display them.

Also, try to force MPC-HC to use ffdshow Video Decoder instead of Haali's, if that tip doesn't help.

P.S. Regarding my previous post, this is the first time I am seeing a M2TS file that is requiring me to disable VC1 (ffmpeg) and only use WMVideo decoder DMO. I tested other movies and they played fine, even the ones who used VC-1. Is there something wrong with some of them? This is really strange. And TMT is the only player that is not having any lag while playing this BD project, even when displaying subtitles. I heard somewhere that enabling VMR 7/9 renderless is requiring too much from the video card? Mine is NVidia 8800 GTS 512 MB, plus a Q9450/2GB RAM/XP SP3 system.
Regarding your VC-1 problem I'm almost sure it's a VC-1 i so none of the internal VC-1 filters it's able to decode it see http://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/mpc...ing_guidelines
Quote:
NOTE: Interlaced VC1 is not supported, because ffmpeg does not, ... For VC-1 interlaced material in EVR CP renderer Enable Frame Time Correction, but you have to disable this again for all other media
... Enable Frame Time Correction if you use WMVideo Decoder DMO

Quote:
Originally Posted by THX-UltraII View Post
So by using VMR9 instead of EVR Custom MPC-HC can show the subtitles of a BD folder AND still use Haali Splitter?

I use noth ffdshow Video Decoder and Haali auto-loads. What do you mean exactly?
Use internal MPEG PS/TS/PVA and hit RELOAD in Subtitles menu (right click-> subtitles-> reload) also use EVR CP

Last edited by Mercury_22; 3rd November 2009 at 10:37.
Old 3rd November 2009, 10:58   #10342  |  Link
hoborg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jong View Post
Yes, we really need a built in MPEG2 decoder that supports HA deinterlacing (and preferably other DXVA acceleration too, although that is less important these days). This is stopping me moving to W7 right now as the Cyberlink decoder works with subtitles/DVD menus in XP, but not Vista/W7 (as I understand it).
That one of many reason why my HTPC is XP based.

How to start with Bitcoin
Old 3rd November 2009, 12:57   #10343  |  Link
krbo

Can someone inform me(us) is there a problem with DXVA on Win7 with Catalyst 9.10 ?

For a week I'm testing Win7 32bit on amd780g platform (ATI HD3200) and can't have smooth DXVA with latest MPC HC and Catalyst.

Reproduction stutters no matter what sync/vcsyny/flush... option is enabled on EVR or VMR. It looks like there are not many dropped frames but stutter is clearly visible (like it plays in background and refreshes the screen from time to time). There are periods of smooth video then suddenly stutter starts like PC is busy with some backgorund task.

All of that is much, much better with 1043 version (without beliyaal addons) and no-dxva with CoreAVC is smooth without a problem.

Even earlier versions like 11xx works better then 13xx

As this can be Catalyst related (maybe some option to switch off ??) I would like to hear something from other ATI & Win7 DXVA users.
Old 3rd November 2009, 14:14   #10344  |  Link
avivahl

Quote:
Originally Posted by krbo View Post
Can someone inform me(us) is there a problem with DXVA on Win7 with Catalyst 9.10 ?

For a week I'm testing Win7 32bit on amd780g platform (ATI HD3200) and can't have smooth DXVA with latest MPC HC and Catalyst.

Reproduction stutters no matter what sync/vcsyny/flush... option is enabled on EVR or VMR. It looks like there are not many dropped frames but stutter is clearly visible (like it plays in background and refreshes the screen from time to time). There are periods of smooth video then suddenly stutter starts like PC is busy with some backgorund task.

All of that is much, much better with 1043 version (without beliyaal addons) and no-dxva with CoreAVC is smooth without a problem.

Even earlier versions like 11xx works better then 13xx

As this can be Catalyst related (maybe some option to switch off ??) I would like to hear something from other ATI & Win7 DXVA users.
Do you use the internal DXVA decoder or the one that comes w/ Windows 7? Try them both and compare.
Did you try the MPC-HC-Gothsync branch?
Old 3rd November 2009, 15:45   #10345  |  Link
Jong

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoborg View Post
That one of many reason why my HTPC is XP based.
Yeah, but XP tears horribly for WPF and Flash-based apps with seemingly no way to fix it. I am sticking with XP for now as these are a minor interest at the moment - good Blu-ray, DVD etc. more important. But there will be a time when on-line video is critical and solving Silverlight/Flash etc.problems will be vital.
Old 3rd November 2009, 16:19   #10346  |  Link
Peekstra

@krbo: Have you configured MPC-HC to use the option "Process priority above normal" (directly located under player in the options screen) ?

Also, I could only get smooth playback by enabling "Disable desktop composition" (on Vista).
Old 3rd November 2009, 16:49   #10347  |  Link
Lincoln Burrows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury_22 View Post
Regarding your VC-1 problem I'm almost sure it's a VC-1 i so none of the internal VC-1 filters it's able to decode it see http://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/mpc...ing_guidelines ... Enable Frame Time Correction if you use WMVideo Decoder DMO

Use internal MPEG PS/TS/PVA and hit RELOAD in Subtitles menu (right click-> subtitles-> reload) also use EVR CP
That's right! CSI: Las Vegas is using 1080 interlaced. Since I don't wanna use "WMVideo Decoder DMO" is there something that I should do to display this M2TS file (other than using Total Media Theatre)?

I mean, whatever I do while using MPC-HC, it can't play (black screen) those M2TS files. Letting MPC use the WMVideo Decoder will make the image be displayed, but as I said before, the lag itself will not let you see things smooth so it will be useless. The lag is so awful that sometimes (specially when using renderless), the sound is out of sync. Even if I disable "VMR7/9 renderless" and choose to not display the subtitles, the image will have this issue. "WMVideo Decoder DMO" sucks, I wanted to use ffdshow Video Decoder from the start, but this M2TS interlaced material is not cooperating with me.

What should I do exactly to solve this issue? Or do you mean the ffmpeg (?) (VC-1?) decoder will support this 1080interlaced source only in the future, so I should only sit and wait until it's done?

EDIT: I found it: EVR Custom, like you said. Well, it's working, and still using the WMVideo Decoder. Subtitles also working. Sometimes the lag returns, but generally speaking is way better than before. What options should I select from here?

Last edited by Lincoln Burrows; 3rd November 2009 at 17:06.
Old 3rd November 2009, 19:08   #10348  |  Link
Px
>>^^__^^<<

Quote:
question about MPC-HC:

When I play a BD structure folder subtitles can be selected (with Haali splitter) however, they are not displayed. What could be wrong?
Same problem here, tried all this
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy o View Post
As far as I understand, you need to use the internal TS splitter and the internal sub renderer for them to work.
Quote:
As far as I know, Haali can't display those subtitles, it's returning all sorts of errors, I don't know why. You need to activate VMR 7 or 9 renderless in the MPC-HC internal settings to display them.
Also, try to force MPC-HC to use ffdshow Video Decoder instead of Haali's, if that tip doesn't help.
Quote:
nothing helps. Also, b1326 detects language of secondary stream incorrectly, it's chinese, b1249 recognize it right, but also doesn't show
Old 3rd November 2009, 19:52   #10349  |  Link
Mercury_22

Quote:
That's right! CSI: Las Vegas is using 1080 interlaced. Since I don't wanna use "WMVideo Decoder DMO" is there something that I should do to display this M2TS file (other than using Total Media Theatre)?

I mean, whatever I do while using MPC-HC, it can't play (black screen) those M2TS files. Letting MPC use the WMVideo Decoder will make the image be displayed, but as I said before, the lag itself will not let you see things smooth so it will be useless. The lag is so awful that sometimes (specially when using renderless), the sound is out of sync. Even if I disable "VMR7/9 renderless" and choose to not display the subtitles, the image will have this issue. "WMVideo Decoder DMO" sucks, I wanted to use ffdshow Video Decoder from the start, but this M2TS interlaced material is not cooperating with me.

What should I do exactly to solve this issue? Or do you mean the ffmpeg (?) (VC-1?) decoder will support this 1080interlaced source only in the future, so I should only sit and wait until it's done?

EDIT: I found it: EVR Custom, like you said. Well, it's working, and still using the WMVideo Decoder. Subtitles also working. Sometimes the lag returns, but generally speaking is way better than before. What options should I select from here?

Well it depends on your graphic card I'm using Bilinear (PS 2.0) !
My recommendation for VC-1 i with WMVideo Decoder DMO:
1 reset MPC-HC settings to default ( + use EVR CP in XP)
2 disable both internal VC-1
3 a) for Windows 7 Enable Frame Time Correction + optional (= you have to decide / test if in your case it helps) Alternative VSync
b) for XP and Vista use "Reset to optimal renderer settings"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Px View Post
Same problem here, tried all this

nothing helps. Also, b1326 detects language of secondary stream incorrectly, it's chinese, b1249 recognize it right, but also doesn't show
How do you open BD ?
Follow this http://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/mpc...ing_guidelines and then report back with more info like your OS graphic card .....

And try this path to enable subtitles: Filters -> ...mpls-> subtitles. When you play "directly" the m2ts file do you have subtitles ?

Also you have to wait a few seconds before subtitles are displayed

Last edited by Mercury_22; 3rd November 2009 at 20:50.
Old 3rd November 2009, 21:01   #10350  |  Link
Px
>>^^__^^<<

Quote:
How do you open BD ?
Tried both "Open DVD" and direct m2ts file open
Quote:
Follow this http://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/mpc...ing_guidelines and then report back with more info like your OS graphic card .....
Ok, later, when got more free time
Old 3rd November 2009, 21:03   #10351  |  Link
Mercury_22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Px View Post
Tried both "Open DVD" and direct m2ts file open

Ok, later, when got more free time
Try open index.bdmv too !
Old 4th November 2009, 02:02   #10352  |  Link
donaldtone

mpc(with internal codecs) can not playback ogv made by last ffmpeg2theora v0.25.
anyway, the ogv file can be played well in mplayer cmdline version.

system: windows 2008, ie7, mpc 1.3.1326, mplayer MPlayer Sherpya-SVN-r27770-4.2.5.
ffmpeg2theora 0.25 (use new theora 1.1 edition).

mediainfo information:

General
ID : 4282 (0x10BA)
Complete name : C:\AutoFFmpegTheora\0373-svn.ogv
Format : OGG
File size : 25.5 MiB
Duration : 2mn 22s
Overall bit rate : 1 502 Kbps
Writing application : ffmpeg2theora-0.25+svn16605
SOURCE_OSHASH : 0cd96709c916c63f

Video
ID : 7152 (0x1BF0)
Format : Theora
Bit rate : 1 411 Kbps
Width : 640 pixels
Height : 480 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 4:3
Frame rate : 30.000 fps
Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.153
Stream size : 24.0 MiB (94%)
Writing library : Xiph.Org libtheora 1.1 20090822 (Thusnelda)

Audio
ID : 29609 (0x73A9)
Format : Vorbis
Bit rate mode : Constant
Bit rate : 23.0 Kbps
Channel(s) : 1 channel
Sampling rate : 11.024 KHz
Resolution : 16 bits
Stream size : 400 KiB (2%)
Writing library : libVorbis 20090709 (UTC 2009-07-09)

Last edited by donaldtone; 4th November 2009 at 02:58.
Old 4th November 2009, 02:32   #10353  |  Link
Keiyakusha
契約者

Quote:
Originally Posted by donaldtone View Post
mpc(with internal codecs) can not playback ogv made by last ffmpeg2theora v0.25.
Something like that already was reported a few times. Internal ogg splitter doesn't support such files. With Haali splitter should be ok.

Last edited by Keiyakusha; 4th November 2009 at 02:35.
Old 4th November 2009, 03:44   #10354  |  Link
donaldtone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keiyakusha View Post
Something like that already was reported a few times. Internal ogg splitter doesn't support such files. With Haali splitter should be ok.
Thank you very much. It works.
Anyway, will mpc fix this problem in the future edition?
Old 4th November 2009, 05:55   #10355  |  Link
DrNein

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jong View Post
Yes, we really need a built in MPEG2 decoder that supports HA deinterlacing (and preferably other DXVA acceleration too, although that is less important these days). This is stopping me moving to W7 right now as the Cyberlink decoder works with subtitles/DVD menus in XP, but not Vista/W7 (as I understand it).
Have you tried the DXVA decoder included with the AVIVO package?
Old 4th November 2009, 16:57   #10356  |  Link
THX-UltraII

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy o
As far as I understand, you need to use the internal TS splitter and the internal sub renderer for them to work.

How do I use the internal TS Splitter and the internal sub renderer?
no ideas anyone? (this topic is becomming way too big You place something and one day after it s 3 pages behind and no one read your post)
Old 4th November 2009, 17:31   #10357  |  Link
rack04

Quote:
no ideas anyone? (this topic is becomming way too big You place something and one day after it s 3 pages behind and no one read your post)
Make sure MPEG PS/TS/PVA is selected as a source filter in the Internal Filters.
Old 4th November 2009, 19:15   #10358  |  Link
pirlouy
_

Quote:
this topic is becomming way too big You place something and one day after it s 3 pages behind and no one read your post
Try and use the new forum:
http://sourceforge.net/apps/phpbb/mpc-hc/
Old 5th November 2009, 00:02   #10359  |  Link
gngn
the hedgehog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Changelog
Revision 1330
Modified Wed Nov 4 19:57:27 2009 UTC (2 hours, 37 minutes ago) by casimir666
Fixed : better detection of "Used For Reference Flags" (fix some broken DXVA samples)
great work Casimir666 !
every sample i complained about not working on XP is now playing. only on some H264/ts i need to switch to HaaliSplitter.
Old 5th November 2009, 06:44   #10360  |  Link
Tenki

Symantec Norton NIS 2010 SONAR2 always warning about MPC-HC 13XX, and then quarantine MPC-HC, can someone tell them to fix it?
Closed Thread

Tags
dxva, h264, home cinema, media player classic, mpc-hc