Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > (HD) DVD & Blu-ray authoring

Closed Thread

Old 31st October 2018, 10:50   #1521  |  Link
frank
Banned

Posted by sneaker_ger:
Quote:
...I thought 3D in HDMI was always SBS. But they support different variants according to the HDMI website.
From HDMI Wiki:
Quote:
HDMI 1.4a was released on March 4, 2010, and added two mandatory 3D formats for broadcast content, which was deferred with HDMI 1.4 pending the direction of the 3D broadcast market. HDMI 1.4a has defined mandatory 3D formats for broadcast, game, and movie content. HDMI 1.4a requires that 3D displays implement the frame packing 3D format at either 720p50 and 1080p24 or 720p60 and 1080p24, side-by-side horizontal at either 1080i50 or 1080i60, and top-and-bottom at either 720p50 and 1080p24 or 720p60 and 1080p24.
T&B is the best format for passive 3D (LG TVs).

Last edited by frank; 31st October 2018 at 11:06.
Old 31st October 2018, 11:24   #1522  |  Link
frank
Banned

Recently I had errors with "Geostorm 3D".
DGMVCSource() decodes black frames in hardware mode .
But FRIM does it properly.

The FRIM packet was compiled with latest Intel SDK, but DGMVC not.

I use Win 10 Pro 64bit 1709.
Old 31st October 2018, 16:33   #1523  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Thanks for the info. Not really surprising, and it's why FRIM is now the default encoder (but the update to a new version of BD3D2MK3D doesn't change your settings).

Also, hardware mode has always been picky, especially if your drivers are not up to date. I even wonder if I should set the software mode by default, instead of automatic. Given the low speed gain of hw mode and the additional security of sw mode, that could be a good thing.
Old 31st October 2018, 17:19   #1524  |  Link
videoh
Useful n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank View Post
Recently I had errors with "Geostorm 3D".
DGMVCSource() decodes black frames in hardware mode .
But FRIM does it properly.

The FRIM packet was compiled with latest Intel SDK, but DGMVC not.
DGMVCSource beta 26:

* Rebuilt with the latest Intel MSDK 2018 R2.

http://rationalqm.us/dgmvcsource/dgmvcsource100b26.zip

Please advise if it is working with Geostorm 3D.
Old 31st October 2018, 19:26   #1525  |  Link
frank
Banned

Hi Donald!

I have tested your new dgmvcsource.dll b26
But sorry, same behavior: First about 10 sec until it starts encoding, and then encodes black frames.
SW mode works.

I'm working with Dell 9560, W10 Pro and Avisynth 2.6.0 / Avisynth+

EDIT:
If I right remember I had the same problem with The Marsian 3D.

Last edited by frank; 31st October 2018 at 19:31.
Old 31st October 2018, 20:26   #1526  |  Link
videoh
Useful n00b

Thanks for the testing. Any possibility you could cut a sample for me that shows this behavior? It's working fine on the samples that I have. Ciao.
Old 2nd November 2018, 10:41   #1527  |  Link
frank
Banned

Here two test files, about 180MB:
Geostorm1.3D.mkv
DerMarsianer1.3D.mkv
They don't decode in HW mode with DGMVCsource.dll but decode properly with FRIMsource.dll.

Something happend. The old version FRIMsource 1.27 (2017) has the same issue as DGMVCsource. The latest version 1.29 (2018) included in BD3D2MK3D works.
Maybe Intel has something changed to support newer hardware. My Notebook has the Kaby Lake chipset.

Last edited by frank; 2nd November 2018 at 10:51.
Old 2nd November 2018, 18:33   #1528  |  Link
videoh
Useful n00b

Quote:
Here two test files, about 180MB:
Geostorm1.3D.mkv
DerMarsianer1.3D.mkv
They don't decode in HW mode with DGMVCsource.dll but decode properly with FRIMsource.dll.
Thanks very much frank; it's greatly appreciated.

Quote:
Something happened. The old version FRIMsource 1.27 (2017) has the same issue as DGMVCsource. The latest version 1.29 (2018) included in BD3D2MK3D works.
Do you have any insights about what was changed between 1.29 and 1.27 that made the difference? It appears that just rebuilding with the latest IMSDK is not enough.
Old 4th November 2018, 18:56   #1529  |  Link
videoh
Useful n00b

frank,

I haven't worked with 3D MKV files before. How do you properly demux the video so that it can be opened by my filter or frim? Thanks.
Old 4th November 2018, 19:21   #1530  |  Link
frank
Banned

Quote:
Do you have any insights about what was changed between 1.29 and 1.27 that made the difference?
No idea but I asked videofan3d.

Quote:
I haven't worked with 3D MKV files before. How do you properly demux the video so that it can be opened by my filter or frim?
Use BD3D2MK3D and load the mkv. It creates a project with all scripts.
BD3D2MK3D is a simple archive that you can extract to your user folder.

AFAIK only MakeMKV can create the 3D mkv from BD or ISO. The idea came from the developer of the Stereoscopic Player.
The MVC 3D mkv format generated by MakeMKV is not an industrie standard, the dependent view is embedded in specific NAL units with extended SEI messages. Only few players support the 3D feature: PotPlayer, Kodi, PowerDVD 17...
Others only decode the basic 2D stream.

Last edited by frank; 4th November 2018 at 19:42.
Old 4th November 2018, 20:39   #1531  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

To demux the MKV samples, you can also use mkvextract, a command line tool that is part of mkvtoolnix. It is also included in the toolset folder of BD3D2MK3D. If you prefer a GUI, try mkvextractGUI-2. And, as Frank wrote, you can also just replace DGMVCDecode.dll in the toolset folder of BD3D2MK3D and use it in MKV source mode.

BTW, thanks to you, and to Frank, for your efforts! And sorry. I can't help, because I can't test the filter in hw mode. :-(
Old 4th November 2018, 22:00   #1532  |  Link
videoh
Useful n00b

Thanks, guys.
Old 5th November 2018, 09:47   #1533  |  Link
frank
Banned

After Win10 update to v1709 M$ has changed the power plans.
So the High Performance plan has disappeared! I prefer it to use in BD3D2MK3D. Always worked properly to avoid sleep/hibernate.
But the scheme is not lost. On notebooks it is present in Windows Mobility Center.

After some powercfg research I found:
Use aliases instead of cryptic GUID strings. M$ recommends it, because it works in all languages and versions.
cmd to show the options:
Code:
powercfg /aliases
I cannot change the config of BD3D2MK3D, it only accepts GUID.
In the encode script to set High Performance:
Code:
powercfg -setactive SCHEME_MIN
At end to set Balanced:
Code:
powercfg -setactive SCHEME_BALANCED
So you don't need a copy of the power plan or other workarounds. That's all. Please change.

BTW HW mode increases the speed about 25 % on my Intel chipset.

Last edited by frank; 5th November 2018 at 09:55.
Old 6th November 2018, 16:57   #1534  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Yeah, Doom9 is back!
Quote:
After Win10 update to v1709 M$ has changed the power plans.
So the High Performance plan has disappeared!
It's not what I've seen. The High Performance power plan is now somewhat hidden, but it is still available via the powercfg.cpl control panel. Just tick the Show Additional Plans, and you'll see it. (Same thing for Win7 BTW.)

Anyway, BD3D2MK3D doesn't need it visible to function properly. You should see the 3 "classic" power plans, plus any additional plan you may have created manually in the Settings -> Power Plans menu.

However, I did not know that alias stuff. Thanks for the information.
So, I've slightly modified my code, and now BD3D2MK3D still uses the GUID internally, but it uses the alias in the cmd scripts it generates, as it's easier to understand and modify. (Of course, if you create a new plan yourself, I suppose that it will not have an alias, and if you use it with BD3D2MK3D, the GUID will still be used.) Also, note that the GUIDs are not hardcoded. BD3D2MK3D retrieves them when it starts with the command powercfg -list, so I'm sure it will work with any plan of any version of Windows.
Old 7th November 2018, 22:18   #1535  |  Link
frank
Banned

Thanks!

I had the problem that I tested old conversion from saved scripts, not from the BD3D2MK3D GUI, because they are specific. In the mean time M$ had changed GUID or I used another machine (created new power plans...) and the old GUID strings did'nt work anymore.

With aliases it worked again without starting the whole BD3D2MK3D conversion.
If you create a new power plan then it gets no alias, I know that. I don't need new power plans, I only wanted the High Performance visual back. That works in the latest Win10 with a copy -- and new GUID...
Yes, the High Performance power plan is hidden, not deleted because of a big number of hardware drivers that uses it.

Last edited by frank; 7th November 2018 at 22:35.
Old 8th November 2018, 11:32   #1536  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Quote:
Thanks!

I had the problem that I tested old conversion from saved scripts, not from the BD3D2MK3D GUI, because they are specific. In the mean time M$ had changed GUID or I used another machine (created new power plans...) and the old GUID strings did'nt work anymore.
I see. So, I will need to change another thing in BD3D2MK3D. Currently, the power plan to use when encoding and the default plan to restore are still stored in the settings as GUIDs. I will change that, so that the setting will still work in case of GUID change.
Old 30th January 2019, 18:00   #1537  |  Link
Triple-M

I installed your tool again today because the topic 3D is up to date again with me and now I have the problem that the subtitle is not displayed correctly. Can you tell me what I'm doing wrong?
Unfortunately, I can not set a picture but the subtitle is displayed only halfway. if I represent the pictures side by side then half of the subtitle is right in the picture and the other half in the left picture.

Old 30th January 2019, 19:55   #1538  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

The 3D subtitles are made of two parts, just like the video. It's normal. They must be displayed over the video by the player BEFORE the split of the two views (to send each half to the corresponding eye). Unfortunately, most players, and especially most 3D TVs, cannot display them correctly. More advanced players (like PopPlayer, for example) have options to tell when and how to display the subtitles. With that kind of players, it should be sufficient to modify an option somewhere to see the subtitles correctly, with the right 3D depth.

If you use a basic player, without that possibility, I recommend to use the option in the last tab to "burn" (or "hardcode") the 3D subtitles in the video. The big advantage is that they will be displayed correctly with all players. But of course, you cannot disable them or change for another subtitle language. If, for any reason, burning the subtitles is not acceptable, you can also use the option to generate only the 2D subtitles, but of course they will be displayed on the surface of the screen, without any 3D depth. IMO, it's the worst solution, but it is supported by BD3D2MK3D.

So, to summarise, if you have already used the "classic" 3D subtitles streams successfully with your current 3D equipment and player, then an option has changed, and you must restore it. Otherwise, your player may be incompatible, and the best solution is to burn the 3D subtitles in the video.
Old 30th January 2019, 19:59   #1539  |  Link
Triple-M

Thx. I will test it tomorrow.

Old 8th February 2019, 16:33   #1540  |  Link
syrist

Is there a way to swap eyes?

The original ISO has the left and right eyes backwards so I have to manually tell the player to swap eyes.

So before I encode the ISO to half top-bottom, it would be nice to have the left-right eyes swapped to save that extra step in the player. Does BD3D2MK3D have this ability somewhere? I couldn't find it.

Thanks,
-Pete
Closed Thread