Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > New and alternative video codecs
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 3rd January 2010, 03:09   #801  |  Link
Andy o

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackEyEz View Post
Hello, i just got a 5750 and im trying to do the setup in the opening post for HD audio. Could someone give me links where to get MPC audio renderer and a site where to get the latest MPC-HC?

Thanks
You don't need to install the MPC audio renderer separately anymore. You can get the latest builds of MPC-HC here.
Andy o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2010, 03:15   #802  |  Link
Andy o

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamuriHL View Post
And room correction doesn't get affected? Well, that's kinda nice. I guess I'll have to crank it up then. That way I, too, can run head first into your issue. Hey, wait a minute!!
Yeah, that's not the only advantage regarding this. Even when it cannot take in the format (multichannel 192 and 176.4 kHz for instance), the Pio will downsample to 96 or 88.2 (respectively) and then apply MCACC. If you want it to behave the same as with the 606, you can always use Pure Direct which will turn off all processing and I think will not downsample 192 and 176.4 before DAC.

Or even you might have gotten lucky and one of the improvements of the 21 over the 01 is 192 kHz multichannel DSP capabilities.
Old 3rd January 2010, 03:18   #803  |  Link
SamuriHL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy o View Post
Yeah, that's not the only advantage regarding this. Even when it cannot take in the format (multichannel 192 and 176.4 kHz for instance), the Pio will downsample to 96 or 88.2 (respectively) and then apply MCACC. If you want it to behave the same as with the 606, you can always use Pure Direct which will turn off all processing and I think will not downsample 192 and 176.4 before DAC.

Or even you might have gotten lucky and one of the improvements of the 21 over the 01 is 192 kHz multichannel DSP capabilities.
I'll have to do some testing on that later and find out. The Pio is so much better than the 606. Just wish I didn't have the DTS-HD MA issue with ffdshow.
Old 3rd January 2010, 06:36   #804  |  Link
Andy o

BTW, I just tested the 5770 with 9.11 and Realtek 2.35 drivers. Two things. The pops are still there, and my issue of the mixer at higher-than-48 kHz is still there also. The second issue might be the mobo, but if anyone else is experiencing something like that, please let us know. This is the description I posted at AVS:

Quote:
What I'm getting right now with the Realtek 2.39 driver is if I set it at 7.1 24/96 eventually my audio gets mangled into noise. With 5.1 24/96, the audio switches speakers. It's crazy. Same thing happens with the ATI driver in 9.12 hotfix. It hasn't happened in exclusive mode but I haven't tested it thoroughly, first the simplest configurations (Windows mixer in the chain). Obligatory Windows 7 reinstall didn't fix anything.
Old 3rd January 2010, 09:28   #805  |  Link
Sebastiii

Hi,

I have found a soft to see dropout, i think it useful to test quickly.
No need to install, just execute it and see when the red bar comes = dropouts.

The url : DPC Latency Checker

So i have try the method that in website and no change, i think it was related to ATI drivers.

I hope that you can test and report it to AMD like says tetsuo55 :
AMD Graphics Technical Support Team

I open a ticket and i wait the answer.
Thx,
Seb.
Old 3rd January 2010, 09:32   #806  |  Link
Sebastiii

Quote:
BTW, I just tested the 5770 with 9.11 and Realtek 2.35 drivers. Two things. The pops are still there, and my issue of the mixer at higher-than-48 kHz is still there also. The second issue might be the mobo, but if anyone else is experiencing something like that, please let us know. This is the description I posted at AVS:
Hi,

How you set setting ?
I know to set 5.1 7.1 or 2ch but for the frequency (you set it in advanced options) ?

I'll try it to see if i get the same thing of you.
Seb.
Old 3rd January 2010, 10:06   #807  |  Link
Andy o

Thanks Sebastiii, I responded at AVS, where I think it's more relevant.
Old 3rd January 2010, 10:07   #808  |  Link
Sebastiii

Other test :
I have tested in my current PC not my HTPC, i have also i7 920 on it.
I have Nvidia card 9600GT on it and with it, no dropout, i'm on Win7 x64 and not Win7 x86 like my HTPC but 0 pop 0 dropout, so maybe it's not related to win7.

It's time to test my Nvidia Card on my HTPC to see what happen but no Bitstreaming with it lol.
Seb.
Old 3rd January 2010, 10:41   #809  |  Link
Sebastiii

Quote:
Thanks Sebastiii, I responded at AVS, where I think it's more relevant.
Thx for tip

So the same issue has you ! very strange too lol.
Old 3rd January 2010, 10:52   #810  |  Link
Andy o

Thanks again! And for the link to the app too.

Last edited by Andy o; 3rd January 2010 at 11:14.
Old 3rd January 2010, 11:15   #811  |  Link
blackEyEz

Quote:
You don't need to install the MPC audio renderer separately anymore. You can get the latest builds of MPC-HC here.
Thank you, but i do need some more help. The situation is that i have my present HTPC with mediaportal. To preserve DXVA with subtitles its installed with haali splitter, FFDshow and AC3filter.

I heard from others that its not possible yet to stream HD audio within mediaportal. What options do i have while keeping my present setup?
blackEyEz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2010, 11:35   #812  |  Link
Sebastiii

Hi blackEyEz,

I have mediaportal too and i didn't success to bitstream with it and Haali.

And when i use subtitle dxva goes of if i use a video renderer that normaly use it.

Maybe i got something wrong.

Me too, i would like to use DVXA with sub and keep OSD of mediaportal but i must to do more test to setup it correctly.

And HS :
And an option that for me is in priority is about sub, i use for now vsfilter and i can change the timing synchro quickly when sub is with delay etc, i make alt-tab to the setting in vsfilter (Directvobsub) and i remake alt-tab to return to mediaportal.

If i use MPC subtitle i didn't find this option to synchronise timing and i didn't try the version inside of ffdshow too.
Sorry for HS lol

Thx,
Seb.

I hope that i wrote is something clear lol
Old 3rd January 2010, 15:07   #813  |  Link
DeepBeepMeep

Ffdshow HD audio sounds great!

Any change this could work with Windows XP and Xonar? I don't feel in a rush to upgrate to windows 7. Thanks.
DeepBeepMeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2010, 16:53   #814  |  Link
G_M_C

Hi all, have you been able to adress the problem with the periodically occurring audio dropouts (every 5 secs or so) ?

Sorry posted the question in the wrong thread before
G_M_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2010, 17:27   #815  |  Link
albain
Media Control author

Quote:
Originally Posted by G_M_C View Post
Hi all, have you been able to adress the problem with the periodically occurring audio dropouts (every 5 secs or so) ?

No, please open a ticket to AMD support to put the pressure on them

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.ph...62#post1359262
albain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2010, 18:01   #816  |  Link
Andy o

albain, do you have any further idea as to what's at fault here? I tested with my 5770, 9.11 and Realtek 2.35 driver, even after a driver cleaning, and the dropouts we're experiencing are still there. Also happens with decoded DD (and I presume DTS) sent as LPCM.

Someone else mentioned it also happened with a 4000 series card. Is it only one person? Cause if somehow their problem is not the same, then we can isolate this better.
Old 3rd January 2010, 18:23   #817  |  Link
Andy o

Quote:
Originally Posted by G_M_C View Post

What's your exact hardware/software/drivers? In particular we need to know if the ones reporting other than the 5000 series are having the same trouble. In your case, I don't know cause our problem is only with DD and DTS (legacy codecs) in videos with DXVA disabled. Video format doesn't seem to matter. The dropouts aren't at a constant interval (like the 5 seconds or so you state), but are pretty much random from what I can tell.
Old 3rd January 2010, 19:23   #818  |  Link
piit

Re the dropouts - it's really strange, I've been suffering from these ever since I replaced the ATI 4350 with 5750. As I said before, they were even occurring with regular PCM sound, e.g. in a flash video played from the web on full screen.

In MPC-HC or DVBViewer, I used have less or nearly no dropouts when using VMR9 instead of EVR.

However, the dropouts have recently disappeared... We've watched quite a few episodes of Sopranos with DTS soundtrack in last few days using software decoding (ffdshow) and there have been no dropouts... It's really strange, I have not made any changes to the system AFAIK, I'm using what everybody is - Catalyst 9.12 hotfix, Realtek 2.39.

I am really at a loss what's going on here.
piit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2010, 19:25   #819  |  Link
albain
Media Control author

Quote:
What's your exact hardware/software/drivers? In particular we need to know if the ones reporting other than the 5000 series are having the same trouble. In your case, I don't know cause our problem is only with DD and DTS (legacy codecs) in videos with DXVA disabled. Video format doesn't seem to matter. The dropouts aren't at a constant interval (like the 5 seconds or so you state), but are pretty much random from what I can tell.
It is more likely a video driver issue : the dropouts are worse in RGB output than in YUY2 for example.

The fact that DXVA mode solves the problem tends to prove a wrong implementation on the video part.

It also seems to affect decoded formats (PCM) too but I didn't try myself.

Also likz Piit at first I had no dropouts (on AC3, TrueHD bitstream...) as long as I used the ATI HDMI renderer instead of directsound,waveout... and then boom

On my side I tried several configs (with driver cleaner and many reboots) : 9.10, 9.11, 9.12, 9.12 patched, 9.12 patched + realtek 2.39
Running W7 x64 and each time I tried WMP12, MPCHC (w/ EVR) with FFDShow
Also tried VLC, MPC internal audio codecs.

Always outputting to HDMI : AC3 from MKV

Last edited by albain; 3rd January 2010 at 19:30.
albain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2010, 19:30   #820  |  Link
SamuriHL

I have to ask the stupid questions that I'm infamous for. And I don't know the answer to this question on my machine which is why I'm asking. Any Windows Updates that have been pushed out that could have anything to do with this?