Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > (Auto) Gordian Knot

Old 27th May 2004, 07:35   #1  |  Link
Hiro2k
New Container Mod

Feature Request For Gknot

Hi Len0x I know you've been busy lately with all the new things you're adding to AutoGK, but maybe you could add this little feature for those of use still using Gknot.

I encode alot of anime, and as you can see from my specs I have room to hold alot of it at a time. As time goes by and hard drives increase in size, it won't be too uncommon for people to hold multiple DVD's on their HD at a time. And the change of time will also mean that newer processors will be developed to increase ripping time. So it is evident that we will be able to do more encodes at a faster rate. However Gknot only allows for 8 slots at a time . (I like BSing to much )

I was wondering if you would be willing to increase the number of items you can encode from 8 to something higher like 16 or even allow users to define it in a config file. Currently I can only do 8 episodes at a time, when I could easily do the whole 24 anime series at one time.

Thanks Len0x
Hiro2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2004, 15:38   #2  |  Link
len0x
I'm afraid we've to stop

I might be missing something, but queue has no limit size currently!
There are 8 profiles (which means that you can save settings for 8 movies for later processing), but it has nothing to do with how many items can be in the queue...
len0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2004, 16:53   #3  |  Link
Hiro2k
New Container Mod

I was lost for words, I know it has no limit for ques, but I was asking if you could increase the number of profiles. It makes it easier for me to not lose my place and forget which one I have already done. It has happened to me alot already, or else I wouldn't be asking for it.

Thanks.
Old 28th May 2004, 17:08   #4  |  Link
len0x
I'm afraid we've to stop

I still wondering though - episodes usually have the same settings all the way through seasons and I don't understand how you can forget what you queued if you can simply have a look at the real queue or the place where you were encoding. Your original point was - you wanna able to queue lots of eps in one go or not?

P.S. I _never_ myself used profiles at all as the only time they are needed if you want to save something for processing a couple of days later...
Old 28th May 2004, 23:47   #5  |  Link
Hiro2k
New Container Mod

Yeah that's a good point about the settings not changing from one episode to another. But I did not want to encode all the episodes in one day, I wanted to do them later with each one having it's own profile. That way I just go to the add job button and press it for each profile instead of having to open different D2V files and replacing the audio and subiteles right before I want to encode them all. And I can't do that with the current limit of 8 since some of them have slightly different audio sizes which throws off the final file size.

If I'm the only one who wants this, then don't worry about. When I get around to learning Delphi, I'll make my own special build
Old 10th June 2004, 12:04   #6  |  Link
len0x
I'm afraid we've to stop

number is increased to 16 for the next 0.29 alpha build