Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 ASP

Old 23rd September 2007, 15:12   #221  |  Link
Kurtnoise
Swallowed in the Sea

Does anybody is able to run DMB correctly on Vista ? I've got a lot of errors with several input files...("error getting info file" during the loading, etc...)
Kurtnoise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2007, 00:55   #222  |  Link
Redin

Kurtnoise13

I think Vista is not ONLY incompatible with DMB. It is with all other software in larg scale. It sucks.
UserXP can tellyou about this, but i think it is with some problems, because i can not have any contact with him very, very, long time.

Regards..
Old 3rd October 2007, 08:30   #223  |  Link
JC007

Other problems...

I have looked everywhere but I haven't seen any hint of people having this prob. I use the wizard it creates everything just dandy I normalise, and check for errors and all is ok with the world and then I come crashing down..when i go F12 create DIvx i end up with a message like this

"time=9547 entryType=GENERAL_ENTRY_TYPE message=Unable to add featureAvi : C:\dmb\Prickle Farm Revisited.Divx in DivxMediaGenerator::writeTitle"

Does any one know where this prob could lie. I have a feeling it is in the XML file but am not sure.

I downloaded the the sample folder and when I load and create the sample it works fine. Then being sneaky I swap the Movie.divx in the sample for the one listed above change the name and lo and behold it works... I think it's in the XML and that is a world that doesn't quite make a lot of sense to me yet.

Any pointers or tips I would be forever gratefull
JC007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th October 2007, 07:36   #224  |  Link
Jor-El

Maybe the problem is the filename with spaces:

Prickle Farm Revisited.Divx

Rename the file without spaces and try again
Jor-El is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2008, 06:03   #225  |  Link
geturchiru

hi...
thanx UserXP for this great stuff..
im getting this error msg for some avi files.
time=4453 entryType=GENERAL_ENTRY_TYPE message=Bad fourcc in movi List. Offset(0x804) MediaSource objectId: 7

Bad fourcc in index.
they actual files are playing fine in vlc and kmplayer.... how to resolve this?
i also had a doubt...is there a chance to associate next file after the completion of one file automatically...i mean after the completion of one movie, the next movie has to start automatically w/o the main menu again..
TIA
chiru
geturchiru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2008, 22:42   #226  |  Link
STFU

hey, first of all software looks great the possibilities are far beyond what I hoped for, even the video tutorial looks great.
One thing though, you felt it coming right, when I'm done with everything I keep getting this message

Code:
time=197660	entryType=GENERAL_ENTRY_TYPE	message=Unable to add featureAvi : D:\DIVXMEDIA FILES\Titles\1.avi in DivxMediaGenerator::writeTitle
time=329637	entryType=GENERAL_ENTRY_TYPE	message=Unable to add featureAvi : D:\DIVXMEDIA FILES\Titles\2.avi in DivxMediaGenerator::writeTitle
What does it mean and more importantly what can I do to make this right. Thnx in advance.

Last edited by STFU; 15th February 2008 at 01:50.
STFU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2008, 18:25   #227  |  Link
louv68

Quote:
Originally Posted by geturchiru View Post
hi...
thanx UserXP for this great stuff..
im getting this error msg for some avi files.
time=4453 entryType=GENERAL_ENTRY_TYPE message=Bad fourcc in movi List. Offset(0x804) MediaSource objectId: 7

Bad fourcc in index.
they actual files are playing fine in vlc and kmplayer.... how to resolve this?
i also had a doubt...is there a chance to associate next file after the completion of one file automatically...i mean after the completion of one movie, the next movie has to start automatically w/o the main menu again..
TIA
chiru
Is anyone still following this thread?
I'm experiencing the same problem as above and a few others. I've used this software in the past on a Win2k machine to create chapters (no menu's) as I wasn't able to get the menu's work. On a WinXP machine, nothing seems to work. I have all the needed helper apps/files. Please help as this seems to be a great piece of software I could use for my Philips standalone.
louv68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2008, 14:21   #228  |  Link
Satka

Hello,

This is a great software, thanks!

I have a problem though, the same "Unable to add featureAvi" as some people reported before.
Where does this problem come from, and how to solve it?

I tried to encode my AVIs with several methods, but the problem remains.
Help!
Satka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2011, 14:14   #229  |  Link
Music Fan

Hi,
I generally encode in H264 and I add chapters with Hybrid, but as I have some divx files that I don't want to re-encode, I still use DivxMediaBuilder to chapter it.
My problem is that my dvd player (Divx Ultra compatible) doesn't see the langage tag when I add it with DMB, but he sees it when I add it with DivxMuxGui !
So, when I need to chapter an avi file and put langage tag in it, I have to open it first in DivxMuxGui (for the langage tag), then I open this divx in DMB to chapter it (and DMB recognize the langage tag added by DivxMuxGui) because DivxMuxGui can't add chapters.
It's the only solution I found to have chapters and langage tag in divx container.
But I would like to avoid the DivxMuxGui step if possible.
When I open a divx file created by DivxMuxGui in DMB, I see this (when I put english as langage) ;
Code:
Audio - en-US;02
So, I decided to type it for avi files directly opened in DMB, then I click on update, ok, ... but my player can't see that it's english.
I also tried this ;
Code:
audio - en
as explained here ;
http://userxp.tripod.com/how_to.htm#Create_new_file
and this ;
Code:
en
... but no one works, my player sees it only if I added it before with DivxMuxGui.
Of course, it's not very important, because I know that it's english, but I'd like to put this tag anyway.
Is it a bug of DMB or I didn't type correctly the tag ?
Thanks

@ JC007, geturchiru, louv68 and Satka :
There is a solution ! You asked it 3 years ago and you probably don't need it anymore but I explain it anyway, maybe someone will need it.
If DMB refuses an avi file, you have to open and export it before with AviMuxGui. There's no re-encoding of course.
If DMB still refuses it, you will have to use DivxMuxGui.
As he needs separated audio and video files, you have to extract the sound with Virtual Dub Mod and the video (in direct stream copy, audio disabled) with Virtual Dub (not Mod) because sometimes DivxMuxGui fail to create divx with avi exported by VDMod.
Open your avi (video only) and your mp3 or ac3 in DivxMuxGui and he will create a divx recognized by DMB.
With some avi, the AviMuxGui step is not useful, it's only useful if DivxMuxGui fails to create the divx.
But don't forget that neither DMB nor DivxMuxGui handle divx3, it only works with divx4, divx5 and Xvid.

Last edited by Music Fan; 11th April 2011 at 14:25.
Music Fan is offline   Reply With Quote