Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 AVC / H.264

Closed Thread

Old 3rd April 2008, 16:20   #1001  |  Link
SeeMoreDigital
Life's clearer in 4K UHD

Quote:
Originally Posted by LigH View Post
Surprise! -- 1080 × 16:9 = 1920
Yes that's correct.... That calculation informs you of the output frame size (resolution).

However, that method does not tell you the aspect ratio of your "non-square" pixels!

Last edited by SeeMoreDigital; 3rd April 2008 at 16:22.
Old 4th April 2008, 09:23   #1002  |  Link
G_M_C

I've found something that could point to a bug. I'll try to explain in words, but since English isn't my native speech it could be somewhat difficult for me to explain. But here goes;

I've got a project that envolves the reencoding of a TV-series to Xvid 720x576 PAL. For that ive demuxed the raw AVC from several episodes to .264 (the originals were 720p, X264, level 5.1, in MKV with AC3 5.1 audio). The RAW .264's all end up in 1 folder, looking like this;

TV-serie.S04E01.264
TV-serie.S04E02.264
TV-serie.S04E03.264

After this i fire up DGAVCIndex (version A19 up till now). And try to open every episode seperately into a separate .dga (naturally offcourse ).

The first one goes fine; But when i try to open the second eps. in the same instance of DGAVCindex things start to go wrong.

So the first .dga went fine. After that i do "open", and delete the first .264 from the file-list, and then add the second eps into that file list and click "ok" to get back to the preview-screen.

I than choose "save project". The first really minor cosmetical, problem is that the suggested name to save tha project to isn't equal to the now (2nd) openend file, but is still the filename of the first eps, the one i did earlier. So i type the correct name and press "save".

Then i see the second, and bigger, problem. The frame stucture reported in the info-screen isn't correct. It reports MBAFF, but it should be FRAME. At this point i've cancelled the operation.

In short the workflow now:
Code:

- Folder with 6 episodes
- DGAVCindex -> "open file" -> add first episode -> click "OK" -> "save project"
(this goes fine)
- Same DGAVCindex -> "Open file" -> delete first eps from list -> add second eps -> click "ok" -> "save project"
(things go wrong, incorrect filename -> type new -> save -> wrong framestructure reported)
My workaround is that i save only 1 project (1 episode) per instance of DGAVCIndex, and quit/restart DGAVCIndex for every episode. But i think that isn't the way it should work

I'm gonna retrace/retry my workflow several times tonight, and see if i can find out when/where/what, and see if this error is really reproducable as it was yesterday. After that i'll update to A22, and see if this problem stays.

Last edited by G_M_C; 4th April 2008 at 09:48.
Old 4th April 2008, 12:54   #1003  |  Link

Quote:
Originally Posted by G_M_C View Post
I've got a project that envolves the reencoding of a TV-series to Xvid 720x576 PAL. For that ive demuxed the raw AVC from several episodes to .264 (the originals were 720p, X264, level 5.1, in MKV with AC3 5.1 audio).
How did you get originals of a TV series in MKV?
Old 4th April 2008, 13:13   #1004  |  Link
G_M_C

Quote:
Originally Posted by neuron2 View Post
How did you get originals of a TV series in MKV?
No, i've capped them in MPEG2, and transcoded them into AVC. I used MKV, cause i find its a good container and transcoded because of storage reasons (AVC is quite a lot smaller than te original MPEG2). This all was done some time ago, the series has ended now.

The trancoding is done so we can play the caps in our DIVX certified player too (mainly because my girfriend likes to wach this series in the bedroom ) But i've not got the originals anymore (the same storage reasons).

EDIT:
Ahh, I understand where your question comes from. But even IF i'd downloaded a series, it wouldn't be illegal in my country (The Netherlands) simply because downloading isn't illegal here (UPloading is).

Anyway, i dont like to be judged for doing something against the Doom9 rules. I've been coming here long enough to know those rules, so dont worry. And, more important, did you read the bug-report and was it usefull ? Else i can allways delete that post/report ....

Last edited by G_M_C; 4th April 2008 at 13:28.
Old 4th April 2008, 13:28   #1005  |  Link
stax76

@G_M_C

Do you really encode a TV series without batch processing? Once you master StaxRip, it should be very easy to batch process using the latest beta.

Last edited by stax76; 4th April 2008 at 13:34.
Old 4th April 2008, 14:11   #1006  |  Link

Quote:
Anyway, i dont like to be judged for doing something against the Doom9 rules.
Please don't get all uppity on me. I have a responsibility as a moderator to enforce the forum rules, so I sought clarification before responding to your main point. If you were sensitive to the rules, you would have mentioned that you encoded them in your post and this would have been avoided. The rules in your country are irrelevant, it's the rules at Doom9 that govern your posting.

Thank you for your problem report. I will take care of it.
Old 4th April 2008, 14:38   #1007  |  Link
canTsTop

Quote:
Then i see the second, and bigger, problem. The frame stucture reported in the info-screen isn't correct. It reports MBAFF, but it should be FRAME. At this point i've cancelled the operation.
i got similar problem:

DGAVCIndex -> open video -> save project = Frame struct: Frame
after project saved in same DGAVCIndex -> File -> Preview = Frame struct: MBAFF

here is small sample
mirror1: http://www.mediafire.com/?nkix20gjdyc
mirror2: http://rapid.lt/file/2929/bitas-avs-...ack1-h264.html
mirror3: http://perlhosting.net/download3/64d4b712.html
Old 4th April 2008, 15:57   #1008  |  Link
G_M_C

Quote:
Originally Posted by neuron2 View Post
Please don't get all uppity on me. I have a responsibility as a moderator to enforce the forum rules, so I sought clarification before responding to your main point. If you were sensitive to the rules, you would have mentioned that you encoded them in your post and this would have been avoided. The rules in your country are irrelevant, it's the rules at Doom9 that govern your posting.

Thank you for your problem report. I will take care of it.
Yeah, i know. I'm sorry i overreacted a bit.

As said, i' ll try to retrace steps, and give full info and/or logs and INI's (if applicable).
Old 4th April 2008, 16:08   #1009  |  Link

I've duplicated the issues, so you can relax.
Old 5th April 2008, 09:19   #1010  |  Link
G_M_C

Quote:
Originally Posted by stax View Post
@G_M_C

Do you really encode a TV series without batch processing? Once you master StaxRip, it should be very easy to batch process using the latest beta.
Looks like a good tool. I'll read up about it.

But i wouldn' t have found this bug (?) in DGAVCIndex if i had used it up till now
Old 5th April 2008, 14:22   #1011  |  Link

Version 1.0.0 alpha 23

1. Fixed a bug that caused DGAVCIndex to put the wrong filename in the Save Project dialog box in some cases.

2. Fixed a bug that caused the Frame Structure field in DGAVCIndex's Info dialog to be unreliable.

http://neuron2.net/dgavcdec/dgavcdec.html
Old 5th April 2008, 15:06   #1012  |  Link
canTsTop

thank you for update. this is fixed my problem.

is there any way now to find out audio delay if i demux audio with DGAVCIndex?

now i demux audio and video with mplayer, and find audio delay with PTScalc. but audio delay its not correct reported with PTScalc if i demux audio with DGAVCIndex. i also tried MediaInfo, audio delay reported is not same as with PTScalc, but still not correct
Old 5th April 2008, 15:10   #1013  |  Link

Quote:
Originally Posted by canTsTop View Post
Be patient, I'm working on it.
Old 5th April 2008, 15:48   #1014  |  Link
Warrex

Quote:
Originally Posted by canTsTop View Post
thank you for update. this is fixed my problem.

now i demux audio and video with mplayer, and find audio delay with PTScalc. but audio delay its not correct reported with PTScalc if i demux audio with DGAVCIndex. i also tried MediaInfo, audio delay reported is not same as with PTScalc, but still not correct
Open the file in tsMuxer go the respective audio stream and check the delay under "General track options". Most of the time but not always this will be zero.
Old 5th April 2008, 22:58   #1015  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

Neuron did you change something in command line syntax? 22 worked but 23 gives me an error. I guess I will need to adjust something in my gui.

My command line:
"C:\Users\Dawidos\Documents\Delphi_Projects\RipBot264\Tools\dgAVCDec\dgAVCIndex.exe" -i "D:\TS samples\00011.m2ts" -o "D:\job1.dga" -a -f 2 -h

Last edited by Atak_Snajpera; 5th April 2008 at 23:10.
Old 5th April 2008, 23:36   #1016  |  Link

Nothing changed. The error message means that D:\job1.dga cannot be opened for writing. Maybe you have it opened in an editor or something.
Old 6th April 2008, 00:09   #1017  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

I've restarted PC and still get this error (I tried other locations as well). If I use a22 everything is ok. It occurs only with a23 Very weird.
Old 6th April 2008, 00:11   #1018  |  Link

OK, I'll test it from the CLI later on. Gotta go somewhere right now. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Old 6th April 2008, 00:14   #1019  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

Quote:
Sorry for the inconvenience.
No problem It's after 00:15 in Dublin so I also have to go somewhere...
...to bed....
Old 6th April 2008, 12:48   #1020  |  Link

Redownload alpha 23. I fixed it in there.
Closed Thread