Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > Advanced authoring

Closed Thread

Old 26th February 2004, 01:48   #1  |  Link
D3s7
ScenAid

ScenAid 0.9.0.5 released

New Build on the website

This build has the following changes:
  • Fixed problems with VOBID Demux sub detection
  • Tweaked the 'sub' routines to improve detection/placement
  • Added the ability to right click on a tab and open the IFO for that VTS

As usual please post problems here
Old 26th February 2004, 02:11   #2  |  Link
jorel

i never used your program before,
i'm new in dvd authoring...any faqs or manual?

double thanks !

Old 26th February 2004, 06:51   #3  |  Link
jel

@ jorel
not sure how much you know about the 'big 3' process, or using scenarist for that matter, but essentially Scenaid is used to generate a .scp Scenarist script file of your project to save you a lot of hassle manually reauthoring your project.
although only in its infancy it is already functioning incredibly well.
basically it will(purely speculation on my part) take the place of ReAuthorist in the chain of programs that comprise 'the big 3'.
so if you are following the guide (doom9) when you get to the part where you have to generate a script using RA, instead fire up Scenaid and browse to your DIF4U demux folder. Once it has finished analyzing, generate a script and you are done
@ everyone else.
finding nemo, r4 pal .... a success story!
i was having a lot of issues backing-up nemo using the adjusted cell mode method - subs and audio out of sync, so i decided to demux by vobid and reauthor ..... 56 vobids .... 36 pgcs ... not a lot of fun.
so used the latest build of Scenaid and .....
whoooooo hooooooo!
worked perfectly.
all i had to do was replace the dts and non-cce placeholders with data, compile and perfect back-up!

the only thing i should warn users is that it took a while for Scenaid to process/analyse the files ... approximately 35 minutes, so please be patient when using it on complex projects.
it is DEFINITELY worth it!

thanks D3s7, keep up the good work!
j
Old 26th February 2004, 13:25   #4  |  Link
influenza
Dutch strain

Quote:
the only thing i should warn users is that it took a while for Scenaid to process/analyse the files ... approximately 35 minutes, so please be patient when using it on complex projects.
wow that's a long time. On my machine it usually takes anywhere between 10 and 20 secs. I must have quite simple projects

By far, the single best way to prevent the flu is for individuals, especially persons at high risk for serious complications from the flu, to get a flu shot each fall.
Old 26th February 2004, 17:21   #5  |  Link
jorel

Quote:
Originally posted by jel
@ jorel
not sure how much you know about the 'big 3' process, or using scenarist for that matter, ...

j
be sure!
i don't know nothing!

and have tons to read!

Old 26th February 2004, 21:12   #6  |  Link
Eyes`Only
Dizzin It Fizzast Fo Yizz

35 minutes??! Can't wait for the conversion to C++
•DVD2AVIdg useable by ReAuthorist •Bitrate control for use with NuMenu4U •Extras Bitrate applied to smaller PGCs in Main VTS •ScenAid integration •Right-Click Menus •Minimize to Systray •Improved Deinterlace Scripts
See: http://www.doitfast4u.com.

Use the donation link on the above URL or the app itself to make a $15+ donation and join the VIP list today!
Old 26th February 2004, 22:03   #7  |  Link
D3s7
ScenAid

Ok guys... found a slight bug for PAL people that .5 won't quite find no-cce files properly unless they are renamed from .m2v to .mpv

also there was a slight issue with sub detection if it finds the forced sub file first

Both have been resolved and I'm waiting for feedback before releasing another build

jel : if you can send me your .log file please... I'd like to see if there's something in there to clue me in on the slow process

I'm going to rip finding nemo tonight and see what it does for me
Old 26th February 2004, 22:11   #8  |  Link
Eyes`Only

Just wanted to say I think the users are appreciating the fast fixes and quick releases of issues that are fixing their problems. I know I am!
•DVD2AVIdg useable by ReAuthorist •Bitrate control for use with NuMenu4U •Extras Bitrate applied to smaller PGCs in Main VTS •ScenAid integration •Right-Click Menus •Minimize to Systray •Improved Deinterlace Scripts

Use the donation link on the above URL or the app itself to make a $15+ donation and join the VIP list today!
Old 26th February 2004, 22:14   #9  |  Link
D3s7
ScenAid

<Blushes>
Old 26th February 2004, 22:42   #10  |  Link
nicolati

Hi. It's the first time for me here. I tried with your new releases, but it doesn't work correctly. The 0.9.0.5 makes Scenarist crash. Only the version 0.9.0.3, that before gave errors with subtitles, now works fine; but I had to change my version of Scenarist to 3.0. The only problem is that SceneAid 0.9.0.3 generates the dummy files with 4:3 format instead the 16:9.
I'm a PAL user, an Italian user.
Bye.
nicolati
Old 27th February 2004, 00:34   #11  |  Link
shoarthing
old

Hi - yes, am a 'PAL person' & no, scenaid [0902/03/04/05] hasn't yet worked on LOTR_Two_Towers - the 'standard' backup I try applications out on.

So far, no version has imported the subs properly [OK, can do this later, but prefer not]; & the current version hasn't worked with 'no-cce' files unless renamed.

Worth persevering with, though; & grateful for all the work put into this to date.
Old 27th February 2004, 00:54   #12  |  Link
D3s7
ScenAid

shoarthing: Ok well I already said there was a problem with the no-cce files which will be fixed in .6

that being said, please explain a little more "no version has imported the subs properly"

nicolati: more information please - how many VTS we talking about? what kind of demux (PGC/VOBID) - if you could please zip/rar up the ScenAid.log and ScenAid.scp file for me and email it I'll take a look and see why it's causing Scenarist to crash

NOTE: you can try by clicking FIle/Options and checking the "don't import subs" box and see if that helps - that would at least narrow the problem down a little

- D3s7
Old 27th February 2004, 11:59   #13  |  Link
influenza
Dutch strain

Quote:
Just wanted to say I think the users are appreciating the fast fixes and quick releases of issues that are fixing their problems. I know I am!
I can second that. The above described problems with the no-cce and subs were discovered by me yesterday afternoon. 30 minutes later they didn't exist anymore. So that's some fast fixing. Thanks d3s7

By far, the single best way to prevent the flu is for individuals, especially persons at high risk for serious complications from the flu, to get a flu shot each fall.
Old 27th February 2004, 14:30   #14  |  Link
de66ka

Hi,
I never tried your program before. This week I found the forum-thread and tried your little peace of software.
I'm a Pal-user and tried first version 0.9.0.4.
I demuxed "Goodbye Lenin" using Dif4u (by vob-id). Your program creates an scp-file of at least 15 MB. But there was a problem with the subs. All subtitles (numbered correct in Dif4u) are in the scp-file with the ending "0001". So Scenarist tries to import the same subtitle several times.

Then I tried version 0.9.0.3. on the same demux. Subtitle-Numbering seemed to be correct, but importing into scenarist fails. Every subtitle produces an "error" in the scenarist-log-window.

Yesterday I found version 0.9.0.5. I use it on my demux, and what can I say.... The program doesn't recognize the subs, so no subs were imported into scenarist.

So far now. I hope my post give you the chance to improve the usability and function of your soft.

Greets de66ka
Old 28th February 2004, 10:50   #15  |  Link
iks

Great work! I love this program.
But now I had to do a demux by cell-id (Fast and Furious, PAL) and wondered if this is difficult to implement in ScenAid.

Greets, iks
Old 28th February 2004, 17:33   #16  |  Link
influenza
Dutch strain

Hmm I wonder why a cell demux would be necessary. Never came across one myself. But this isn't the place to discuss that I guess

Old 28th February 2004, 21:41   #17  |  Link
wmansir

I'm trying .5 out on Aliens (Quadrilogy Disc 3, R1) by VOBID and I think I may have come across the forced subs problem. The normal subs are detected imported fine, but there is a set of "special edition" subs are not being imported. (They are forced subs that let you know when you are watching SE footage).

Also, the import script didn't create dummy tracks. I'm keeping x80 and x82, but there are no dummy tracks where x81 and x83 should be. If you need any more help beta (alpha?) testing let me know. Or if you want .LOG or .SCP files.

That remindes me, what program do you guys use to view/edit those large TXT files? I've tried several notepad like programs but most of them get killed by the size of these files. Right now I'm using a program called TextEdit from www.haxial.com. It handles the large files well, but it is crossplatfrom and has a unusual interface. So I'm still on the hunt for a better program.
Old 28th February 2004, 22:26   #18  |  Link
Eyes`Only

I use ultraedit as my text editor. Try it and you'll see why Right Click>Ultraedit on any file is quite a useful feature, too

also, 0x83 is unnecessary, though I can see a need for 0x82

Old 28th February 2004, 23:52   #19  |  Link
taskman

I thought I would just let you know that I have just managed to make a good copy of The Sin Eater region 2 with the help of scenaid. I had a few problems, which were easily solved when I realised I was still running an older version even though I had installed the latest version. How stupid do you think I felt when I realized this.

Keep Up the good work.

I can't think of any reason why someone would want to use any of the one click solutions when there are tools like this available.
Old 29th February 2004, 13:42   #20  |  Link
joaoccc

Hello
i'm using .5 version in pirates of carabbien that i demuxed by vobid and when i try to use scenaid the program don't import the files from the demux directory, don't give any errors.
i let it stay one night trying to import and don't do nothing. But version .3 import the files.

Regards
Closed Thread