Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD & BD Rebuilder

Old 7th June 2018, 06:56   #27401  |  Link
MrVideo

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
There is an upper limit of 910 on MENU_VERTICAL and MENU_TOP, I'm guessing that's your issue?
Yes, it is. OK, I'm reworking the background image so that I won't run into this issue.

Thanks for the info.
MrVideo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2018, 14:58   #27402  |  Link
mparade

Using Frim Encoder for MVC encoding with BD-RB on a 16-core AMD system results in very similar processing speed with the same encoding settings as a 4-core Intel system. I am using software encoding/decoding setting within the Intel system as well of course. When changed to x264 the speed difference between the two systems expanded roughly as per the core counts. Any idea? When using AMD systems with Frim Encoder is it the correct behaviour or should I set up something specifically?

Thanks for the support.

Last edited by mparade; 7th June 2018 at 15:05.
mparade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2018, 19:17   #27403  |  Link
kufo

@mparade
Did you set the number of free processors in the hidden opts?
I'm using an Intel system as well, but with Frim the CPU usage is almost about 60%.
I think there's no advantage in it using more than 6 cores, so I set the
the number of free processors to 2. I'm working with an i7-4790K, witch has 8 Cores in HT.

Last edited by kufo; 8th June 2018 at 01:48.
kufo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2018, 19:55   #27404  |  Link
mparade

No.

I have an Intel i5 system (with Nvidia Geforce 1080Ti card installed) and an AMD Ryzen 1950X System (with Nvidia Geforce 1050Ti card intalled). Using Frim with exactly the same settings the encoding time on both nearly the same.
I suspect that the more powerful video card can compensate for the less of CPU cores.

Thank you for the answer.
Old 7th June 2018, 20:23   #27405  |  Link
ggtop

Forced sub extraction problem

Hi jdobbs,

I think I found a bug in the forced-sub-extraction-routine.
I'm doing alternate output into mp4 container.

First my understanding how it is designed:
During extraction step all sub tracks are demuxed. If FORCED_SUB_LANG (DEU;GER in my case) is set this or these sub streams are scanned for forced subs following this order and stream number down.
If forced subs are found they'll be put into the 9999 stream. And these come only from 1(!) stream.

Now I have a multipart source (Hancock) which has unfortunately forced subs in 2 GER subs streams (normal & director's comments). I think that's legal because always one is hidden in two different playlists. But that is not respected by BDRB (good idea btw).
Obviously the same approach as above takes place here. On each part of the multipart source the subs are scanned and the forced ones are extracted.
But in some parts the normal stream has no forced subs, but the director's comments has and those are now in the 9999 file.

A possible solution could be to remember the sub stream number from the first part where ALL forced subs were extracted to a 9999 file and to use only this stream for searching forced subs or to disable a stream completely from the stream tab. While writing I think the latter is a bad idea because I don't know if I need to keep a track before BDRD demuxed it and I can analyse it.

I hope you could follow my attempt to explain it.

If case you have an idea for a workaround I'm also fine with it as it seems to be a very rare case.

Thanks in advance,

ggtop

Last edited by ggtop; 7th June 2018 at 20:28.
ggtop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2018, 02:00   #27406  |  Link
kufo

@mparade

I had to revise my last post ( #27404 ) because it was flawed. I forgot to change the keyboard language on my smartphone and did not read it carefully ... :-P
You are certainly right with your assumption about the interaction between CPU utilization and graphics card. I've seen it with me when I exchanged the very old 760GTX for the 1060 with 6GB memory.
My suggestion: Use a tool that shows the CPU usage during the encode. Depending on how tall you are, you can try to work with more cores. If you stay well below 100%, that only makes sense for multitasking during the encode.
I hope that helps you find an answer!

Last edited by kufo; 8th June 2018 at 02:02.
kufo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2018, 07:18   #27407  |  Link
mparade

Yes and thank you very much. I will check both my CPU and GPU utilization during both Frim and x264 in BD-RB. I guess using x264 it will be very close to 100%, and it might be much lower using Frim.
Old 9th June 2018, 05:38   #27408  |  Link
MrVideo

Any particular reason why BDRB wants to error out when trying to convert M2TS files that were created with tsmuxer? All BDRB indicates is that it has an error. No reason given. If I take that same M2TS file and create a MKV file, BDRB has no issue with it. BDRB has not liked any of the M2TS files that I've created with tsmuxer. Curious.
Old 9th June 2018, 06:06   #27409  |  Link
Lathe

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrVideo View Post
Any particular reason why BDRB wants to error out when trying to convert M2TS files that were created with tsmuxer? All BDRB indicates is that it has an error. No reason given. If I take that same M2TS file and create a MKV file, BDRB has no issue with it. BDRB has not liked any of the M2TS files that I've created with tsmuxer. Curious.
I know this doesn't answer what you are asking, but since you are using TSMuxer to create the m2ts file in the first place, why not simply create the full BDMV folder instead and then use that as input into BDRB...? Because, I'm GUESSING that when you try to import an m2ts file into BDRB, it is going to create one anyway, right?
Lathe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2018, 06:14   #27410  |  Link
MrVideo

Quote:
Code:
BD Master Toolkit experienced an error 4000 (17:16:53)
Create Quick Menu() 00076 4000
During: Building menu structure [1]
Current progress 98.90%
Any update as to why this error is occurring when trying to build multi-page menus? Only happens under Win7-64. The last one that I was working with, worked under XP-64.

Last edited by MrVideo; 9th June 2018 at 10:27.
Old 9th June 2018, 14:27   #27411  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Any update as to why this error is occurring when trying to build multi-page menus? Only happens under Win7-64. The last one that I was working with, worked under XP-64.
All I can say is that the error means "Path not found". I can't repeat the error and I don't remember any other reports of it, so I'm not sure what I can do.
Old 9th June 2018, 19:43   #27412  |  Link
Ch3vr0n

Any news on that test build @jdobbs with that hidden option for 3D we discussed?

Sent from my Nexus 7 with Tapatalk
Ch3vr0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2018, 02:03   #27413  |  Link
MrVideo

Quote:
All I can say is that the error means "Path not found".
So much for Win7 being a "better" OS than the previous versions. Why it wants to screw up when trying to do the 2nd menu set of files is beyond me, considering when it had no problem with the paths for all of the previous files.

Probably also explains the "permission" error I get every now and then, i.e., trying to create a directory/file.

For these two errors (and also HDD full), how about adding a dialog box that reports the actual error and an option to "try again?" Having to start over wastes a lot of time.

Leave it to my combination of hardware and Win7 to come up with these errors.

UPDATE: No mater how many times that I rerun this particular job, it always fails trying to build the 2nd menu. If it were an intermittent W7 thing, then it should work the next time around. It doesn't. There has to be a way to troubleshoot this.

As a side note, when doing one of the runs on the XP-64 box, I got a file not found error. Re-running it had no errors. Also, when running out of HDD space, BDRB does not handle that gracefully. It gives errors while processing files. For example, with MKVs, it complains about inconsistencies and tries to correct them, only to fail. It took a while before I noticed that I was running out of space.

Last edited by MrVideo; 10th June 2018 at 20:33.
Old 14th June 2018, 22:35   #27414  |  Link
spotswood

Star Trek TOS S1/D3

Quote:
Originally Posted by color43 View Post
I used the new DTS Express switch to backup Star Trek The Original Series season 1 disc 1. The disc uses seamless branching and has a PIP for commentary.
Quote:
The CPI definitely gets changed by the DTS-Express code. When the DTS Express is added to the M2TS the SPN values change and the table has to be updated. I'll look and see if there is something goofy happening there. The fact that there is PiP and Angles might make a difference.
Hi everyone... having a weird problem with this series as well. Not sure if the above from a while back have anything to do with it but... a couple episodes have PiP/dts express and the rest don't. They all include DTS-MA 7.1 audio which is overkill in my opinion, so I uncheck the Keep HD Audio for BD25 intact and check Do Not convert DTS to AC3 so it keeps the DTS core (@768k in this case).

Problem is BDRebuilder is not using the DTS core soundtrack and leaving the DTS-MA intact. Also when trying to play the Corbomite Maneuver with the original graphics from the beginning, it starts about 10 minutes in and freezes, having to go back to the main menu. The same episode with updated graphics plays fine, albeit with the DTS-MA audio rather than the core.

Any ideas? Thanks for any help you can provide... ;^)

Last edited by spotswood; 14th June 2018 at 22:51.
spotswood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2018, 05:42   #27415  |  Link
MrVideo

Sub-title forced not forcing sub-title to be on. The MediaInfo that comes with v25 shows that sub-title track #3 is forced=yes. Yet, when playing the video, no sub-title track is on. Track #3 must be manually enabled in the BD player.
Old 17th June 2018, 12:29   #27416  |  Link
mparade

@jdobbs

Do you plan importing 4K HDR material as well with the next release for alternate output?

Thank you very for this wonderful software.
Old 17th June 2018, 17:23   #27417  |  Link
RoyGBiv-inRI

I have been using BDRebuilder a lot, and I recently started using it to put multiple episodes of TV shows from DVD onto one BD. I copy the DVDs to my HDD as MKV files and then import the MKV files into BDRebuilder, but when I do, they come over without any subs. I presume there is some setting that I have set incorrectly, but I've looked through them all and can't figure it out.

Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks.

SMK
RoyGBiv-inRI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2018, 17:32   #27418  |  Link
Ch3vr0n

Well first thing you'd need to do is find out whether bdrb "is to blame" or your mkv conversion suite. You need to first find out if the MKV's have the desired subtitles or not, because if they don't that's your problem and bdrb can't use what isn't there.
Ch3vr0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2018, 18:50   #27419  |  Link
RoyGBiv-inRI

I use MakeMKV to rip the discs, and all the subtitles are in those MKV files.

SMK
RoyGBiv-inRI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2018, 20:19   #27420  |  Link
musiclover

Why make use of mkv as intermediary? You can import the dvd's as is.
musiclover is offline   Reply With Quote