Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs

Old 20th October 2018, 20:42   #3201  |  Link
Revan654

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreaQ View Post
You are right.

Since TDeint is missing from1.9.0 I used yadifmod2. It seems I am not capable of configuring it correctly and this caused the slowdown.

As for 1.7.6 I have no clue were SelectEven().AssumeFPS(25) came from because I just enabled TDeint.
AssumeFPS is still there, TDeint, Is in the code, I just forgot to re-enable it after debugging.

-----------

You fix one thing any dozen more things break. Vapoursynth path is completely broken now.

I really wish MS would stop messing with my python files and stop install python 3.6.
Revan654 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2018, 20:45   #3202  |  Link
Revan654

Quote:
Originally Posted by -QfG- View Post
A simple question?

When i'm extract mkv's, and i have *.sup subtitles and audio, following happens in 1.9:

- Subtitles (sup) without extension (example german.sup, extracted: german.)
- Audio: will be extracted in mka container. Why? I must demux the mka container for dubbing.

Rolling back to 1.8, i hope you fix this. Or is this only a setting, i don't know?
Nothing I can do, Like it been stated, This is the fault of MediaInfo not StaxRip.

Already reported this to MediaInfo and it seems they have no interest in fixing it right now. There been zero replies since my last comment about the issue.
Old 20th October 2018, 21:59   #3203  |  Link
-QfG-
QfG Group Germany

Ok Revan654 no problem. Any chance to use the "old" MediaInfo from 1.8 in 1.9 ? In last time, MediaInfo sucks. If i use it for MKV files, DTS-MA is now DTS-XXL

Last edited by -QfG-; 20th October 2018 at 22:03.
-QfG- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2018, 23:40   #3204  |  Link
Revan654

Quote:
Originally Posted by -QfG- View Post
Ok Revan654 no problem. Any chance to use the "old" MediaInfo from 1.8 in 1.9 ? In last time, MediaInfo sucks. If i use it for MKV files, DTS-MA is now DTS-XXL
You can use it, It's what I'm using to test everything.

Maybe one day, I'll switch over the code to something else like ffprobe.
Old 21st October 2018, 06:49   #3205  |  Link
-QfG-
QfG Group Germany

I have changed the MediaInfo.dll in v1.9 with the one from 1.8. All works fine now. Thanks for the info with MediaInfo, i have never found this.
Old 21st October 2018, 16:28   #3206  |  Link
Monty11

I apologise for asking a very basic question. How do I load the TFM (TIVTC) filter in StaxRip 1.9.0.0?
Monty11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2018, 18:29   #3207  |  Link
Lynx_TWO

Using memory for cache

Technical question:

If you have a server with 256GB of RAM, with VapourSynth and Staxrip, how can you leverage this amount of RAM for video encoding, and would there be an incentive to do so?
Lynx_TWO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2018, 19:45   #3208  |  Link
Revan654

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monty11 View Post
I apologise for asking a very basic question. How do I load the TFM (TIVTC) filter in StaxRip 1.9.0.0?
Not every function is part of the context menu, due to number of functions some filters have it would be overloaded and would be a mess.

Any filter that's included and not part of the context menu can be added manually by simply just type out the function in the text menu.

If you want TFM you would just type TFM()

Add any args inside the () if needed.

All the list filter functions are listed in the App Menu.

Old 21st October 2018, 20:07   #3209  |  Link
Revan654

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynx_TWO View Post
Technical question:

If you have a server with 256GB of RAM, with VapourSynth and Staxrip, how can you leverage this amount of RAM for video encoding, and would there be an incentive to do so?
That would be something inside Python coding you can add, You also have to take into account the pcie lanes, cpu and what gets passed through what. Like with AMD Ryzen this created allot of issues and was never fixed. Which created allot of bottle necking.

You are likely going to run into bottle necking issues as well for such a size.

You would increase the cache size

Code:

- max_cache_size

Example: core.max_cache_size = 32768

It's better just to leave the cache_size alone and allow the OS & python code to do it's job naturally.

the other options I would have to look, I'm not sure off the top of my head. I know there parallel process and number of cores you can set py script to.

I would have to scan non VS python modules to see if there is a way to sex the memory. If one exists, I have no idea if VS will the code and allow the full usage of it.

FYI, Make sure that server is Windows based, StaxRip will not run under Linux even with programs like Mono or Wine.
Old 23rd October 2018, 06:18   #3210  |  Link
mrh335

Freeze at "Muxing video to Matroska"

I am trying to convert bluray iso files to MKV using the HEVC encoder to reduce size. I tried to get help in the EAC3TO forum, but didn't get help with this issue and was directed to MakeMKV which is not exactly what I am searching for.

I am using EAC3TO 3.34 with a GUI and using Staxrip 1.9 with version 3.34.

I am using a bluray ISO file which I have ripped and want to encode to a smaller MKV file.

If I use either software, I am able to choose the playlist I want to perform work on and then I select only the video portion, no audio and no subtitle (have tried both ways) and the process stops after a few seconds.

There is no log file generated. The size or playlist or bluray file do not matter.

This same process works on one 2015 Macbook Pro and one 2010 custom desktop, but not on newer 2017 Macbook Pro and 2017 iMac. All these computers are running Windows 10 natively via bootcamp.

If I change the output from MKV to h264, the process completes, but not vice versa.

What are the advantages of going to h264 on the way to h265?

Copy of status window is below and last line is the last status print out at 1% with no further progress even after hours.

Can anyone advise how to extract a bluray playlist to MKV given this issue? I have tried every version of EAC3TO over the last 1 year with the same results.
mrh335 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2018, 10:52   #3211  |  Link
gonca

MKVToolNix
gonca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2018, 12:21   #3212  |  Link
NathanX

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrh335 View Post
I am trying to convert bluray iso files to MKV using the HEVC encoder to reduce size. I tried to get help in the EAC3TO forum, but didn't get help with this issue and was directed to MakeMKV which is not exactly what I am searching for.

I am using a bluray ISO file which I have ripped and want to encode to a smaller MKV file.

If I use either software, I am able to choose the playlist I want to perform work on and then I select only the video portion, no audio and no subtitle (have tried both ways) and the process stops after a few seconds.

There is no log file generated. The size or playlist or bluray file do not matter.

This same process works on one 2015 Macbook Pro and one 2010 custom desktop, but not on newer 2017 Macbook Pro and 2017 iMac. All these computers are running Windows 10 natively via bootcamp.

If I change the output from MKV to h264, the process completes, but not vice versa.

Copy of status window is below and last line is the last status print out at 1% with no further progress even after hours.

Can anyone advise how to extract a bluray playlist to MKV given this issue? I have tried every version of EAC3TO over the last 1 year with the same results.
Have you tried to create a remux version of your Bluray ISO with MakeMKV and reencode it with Staxrip afterwards?
NathanX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2018, 16:32   #3213  |  Link
FreaQ
Starfish

Hi Revan,

me again.

I am trying to to use StaxRip 1.9.0.0 with Vapoursynth.
But StaxRip crashes everytime no matter which source filter I choose.

Quote:
Exception (1.9.0.0)

AVIFileOpen failed to execute

Failed to open VapourSynth script:

D:\Video\Ninjago.S09E07.Die.doppelte.Harumi_temp\Ninjago.S09E07.Die.doppelte.Harumi_new_source.vpy

You can try to open the script with VirtualDub x64, if it don't open it could be a problem with the script or the VapourSynth x64 setup, if StaxRip don't report a script error and the script looks valid then reinstalling VapourSynth x64 might fix the problem.

System.Exception: AVIFileOpen failed to execute

Failed to open VapourSynth script:

D:\Video\Ninjago.S09E07.Die.doppelte.Harumi_temp\Ninjago.S09E07.Die.doppelte.Harumi_new_source.vpy

You can try to open the script with VirtualDub x64, if it don't open it could be a problem with the script or the VapourSynth x64 setup, if StaxRip don't report a script error and the script looks valid then reinstalling VapourSynth x64 might fix the problem.
bei StaxRip.AVIFile..ctor(String path) in C:\Users\Revan\Desktop\staxrip-1.8.2.0\General\AVIFile.vb:Zeile 50.
bei StaxRip.VideoScript.Synchronize(Boolean convertToRGB, Boolean comparePath) in C:\Users\Revan\Desktop\staxrip-1.8.2.0\General\VideoScript.vb:Zeile 202.
bei StaxRip.GlobalClass.IsValidSource(Boolean warn) in C:\Users\Revan\Desktop\staxrip-1.8.2.0\General\GlobalClass.vb:Zeile 647.
bei StaxRip.MainForm.AviSynthListView_ScriptChanged() in C:\Users\Revan\Desktop\staxrip-1.8.2.0\Forms\MainForm.vb:Zeile 5181.
bei StaxRip.FiltersListView.OnChanged() in C:\Users\Revan\Desktop\staxrip-1.8.2.0\Controls\FiltersListView.vb:Zeile 224.
bei StaxRip.FiltersListView._Lambda$__14-0(VideoScript script) in C:\Users\Revan\Desktop\staxrip-1.8.2.0\Controls\FiltersListView.vb:Zeile 31.
bei StaxRip.VideoScript.RaiseChanged() in C:\Users\Revan\Desktop\staxrip-1.8.2.0\General\VideoScript.vb:Zeile 23.
bei StaxRip.MainForm.OpenVideoSourceFiles(IEnumerable`1 files, Boolean isEncoding) in C:\Users\Revan\Desktop\staxrip-1.8.2.0\Forms\MainForm.vb:Zeile 2079.
I (re-)installed Python 3.7 and 3.7.1 several times and used the portable x64-dll of Vapoursynth r44/r45. Always the same effect.

I am sure it must be my setup otherwise people would have complaint, but I cannot pin down the problem or a find a starting point.
FreaQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2018, 17:40   #3214  |  Link
Taurus

@FreaQ:
Just tested different video samples (avi, mp4, mkv, etc.) on different source filters with Vapoursynth r44.
Python 3.65 64bit and exchanged mediainfo, as mentioned a few pages back in this thread.
Everythings doing fine.....
Taurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2018, 20:27   #3215  |  Link
-QfG-
QfG Group Germany

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrh335 View Post

You have a 1080p BluRay ISO and u will encode with x265 to HEVC and MakeMKV muxed not correctly your BluRay into a MKV Container?

Are u sure, that you have disabled/killed all Copy Protections, if u copied the BD to HDD Iso? I use DVDFab for this. Or use MakeMKV directly with the BD Disk, thats the best, when u own the disk.

For demuxing a MKV File, i use StaxRip, too.
Old 23rd October 2018, 21:31   #3216  |  Link
Zetti

MKVToolNix v28.1.0 is released.
Zetti is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2018, 23:32   #3217  |  Link
Revan654

Quote:
Hi Revan,

me again.

I am trying to to use StaxRip 1.9.0.0 with Vapoursynth.
But StaxRip crashes everytime no matter which source filter I choose.

I (re-)installed Python 3.7 and 3.7.1 several times and used the portable x64-dll of Vapoursynth r44/r45. Always the same effect.

I am sure it must be my setup otherwise people would have complaint, but I cannot pin down the problem or a find a starting point.
The Search Path for Python 3.7 has to be Added to StaxRip. Only R44 with Python 3.6 can be used Currently.

Last edited by Revan654; 23rd October 2018 at 23:53.
Old 24th October 2018, 03:02   #3218  |  Link
Vitality

Quote:
Originally Posted by stax76 View Post
Hi,

this is a support thread for StaxRip, when I'm active it's OK to post bugs and feature requests here, sometimes I'm offline for weeks or even months, in that case it's better to use the github issue tracker to ensure things don't get lost.

The official website of StaxRip is on GitHub: https://github.com/stax76/staxrip
How do I Honor Pulldown Flags in StaxRip?
Vitality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2018, 07:11   #3219  |  Link
FreaQ
Starfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taurus View Post
@FreaQ:
Just tested different video samples (avi, mp4, mkv, etc.) on different source filters with Vapoursynth r44.
Python 3.65 64bit and exchanged mediainfo, as mentioned a few pages back in this thread.
Everythings doing fine.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revan654 View Post
The Search Path for Python 3.7 has to be Added to StaxRip. Only R44 with Python 3.6 can be used Currently.
Thanks to both of you.

I did not manage to get it working in my original StaxRip config.
But a clean portable instance of StaxRip did the trick.
FreaQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2018, 07:28   #3220  |  Link
Revan654

Quote:
Thanks to both of you.

I did not manage to get it working in my original StaxRip config.
But a clean portable instance of StaxRip did the trick.
Python + VS and keeping the Search Path correct is a PIA. There are a few changes coming in that regard.