Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > Avisynth Usage
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 8th January 2002, 17:58   #1  |  Link
slolsby

No sound

I'm a bit of a newbie with AVISynth, and have a sound related problem.

If I create a single line AVS file, with AVISource("filname") (or DirectshowSource), and the file is a DIVX encoded AVI with an MP3 soundtrack, when I open the AVS in Virtualdub or media player, I get no sound. File Info in Virtualdub gives no info for the soundtrack.

I have no problems with AVI files with PCM soundtracks, so why can't I get MP3?

(You may ask why I am doing this. It's because I eventually want to use AssumeFPS to change the frame rate on the divx).

Thanks
slolsby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2002, 21:46   #2  |  Link
western shinma

Unfortunately Avisynth only supports uncompressed audio. This issue is being worked on however (not by me of course).

But it is simple to work around if you have some extra space. Use VirtualDub to decode the audio (audio->full processing, file->save wav). Then put this in an avs file:

Code:
AudioDub(AVISource("video.avi"),WAVSource("audio.wav"))
Then you can use AssumeFPS and ResampleAudio easily.
western shinma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2002, 14:37   #3  |  Link
slolsby

Thanks for that. However, I can't get this to work. When I setup an AVS file as you suggest, when I open it I get an error:

Audiodub: need an audio and a video track

I am defintely supplying it with the correct names for the divx avi and the wav file ( the line reads

AudioDub(aviSource("vite-divx-lb.avi"),WAVSource("lb.wav"))

)

Any ideas?
Old 9th January 2002, 15:16   #4  |  Link
slolsby

Arse. Figured it out 2 minutes after posting the above. My AVI had a VBR MP3 soundtrack which Virtualdub doesn't like, so I used Nandub to save the WAV. However, Nandub just creates a WAV file that is actually an MP3 file, hence the error. I ran it through Winamp and got a proper WAV file, and it now works.
Old 19th January 2002, 01:57   #5  |  Link
dvdyke

Can you please tell me more about this audio serving thing? If you read my posts in other forums you will see that I need to be able to frameserve and audioserve at the same time. If Avisynth gets the ability to serve audio directly from say an SVCD source or VOB source then it means I won't have to extract the MP2 to a WAV file in order to do what I want.

Thanks!
dvdyke is offline   Reply With Quote