Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs

Closed Thread

Old 20th March 2006, 04:01   #801  |  Link
Nrmf

added dgindex beta 5 to stax rip under avisynth plugins and have viewed file with no audio and the qaulity is nice...have to put it on a pc with speakers to see if audio syncs up.
Old 20th March 2006, 13:30   #802  |  Link
juhu

Hi there. I think I found a funny bug (0.9.9) :

I made some tries on a vhs transfered via dvd-recorder, so I wasn't sure about de-interlacing.
I selected a short section on preview mode and I used IVTC. worked ok, but still some scanlines. So I choosed Deinterlace instead to compare... and the encoding began with the first frame of the vob, not the selected section !
To be sure I didn't fuck up parameters, I reselected IVTC...and the encoding began at the selected frame...
fast deinterlace & no deinterlace also began with the first frame of the vob , not the selected part...

I don't think it's directly related to IVTC but something more like these preview parameters only apply to your first choice.
weird...
Old 20th March 2006, 13:48   #803  |  Link
stax76

Quote:
I made some tries on a vhs transfered via dvd-recorder, so I wasn't sure about de-interlacing.
I selected a short section on preview mode and I used IVTC. worked ok, but still some scanlines. So I choosed Deinterlace instead to compare... and the encoding began with the first frame of the vob, not the selected section !
To be sure I didn't fuck up parameters, I reselected IVTC...and the encoding began at the selected frame...
fast deinterlace & no deinterlace also began with the first frame of the vob , not the selected part...

I don't think it's directly related to IVTC but something more like these preview parameters only apply to your first choice.
weird...
Keep in mind that the cut points are frame numbers, first you add your filters that change the frame rate and frame count, then you cut and after that you can't change filters that change the frame rate and frame count. If you try to do that your cut points are wrong and that's what happened here I think.
Old 20th March 2006, 13:56   #804  |  Link
juhu

Quote:
Originally Posted by stax
Keep in mind that the cut points are frame numbers, first you add your filters that change the frame rate and frame count, then you cut and after that you can't change filters that change the frame rate and frame count. If you try to do that your cut points are wrong and that's what happened here I think.
ok..but may the preview mode should use some "absolute" frame numbers (as the exact same frames are still used before filtering), so it would be independant from filters. It's a bit strange to have to delete & reselect cut points each time we want to use different filters on a partial file...
Old 20th March 2006, 14:09   #805  |  Link
stax76

Quote:
ok..but may the preview mode should use some "absolute" frame numbers (as the exact same frames are still used before filtering), so it would be independant from filters. It's a bit strange to have to delete & reselect cut points each time we want to use different filters on a partial file...
It uses absolute frame numbers of course, the preview is here to preview the entire script so from a technical point of view I'm not sure if there is a solution. Well, I could try to insert the cut filter directly after the source filter which might solve this issue.
Old 20th March 2006, 14:13   #806  |  Link
juhu

Quote:
Well, I could try to insert the cut filter directly after the source filter which might solve this issue.
I'd like too
thanks in advance if you go for it in next versions...
Old 20th March 2006, 15:59   #807  |  Link
stax76

@juhu

I thought about it and came to the conclusion there is no easy solution because like I said already the preview is for displaying the entire script and it's a big difference modifying framerate and frame count there. Your bitrate calculations rely also on the frame count and likely other things as well so you should add your IVTC filters before doing anything else.
Old 21st March 2006, 03:17   #808  |  Link
Nrmf

lates dgindex does not work...evertything is 29.97 and everything has and audo sync problem...gonna pop in new mobo do freshg install and reload stax
Old 21st March 2006, 10:30   #809  |  Link
nickolasemp
Special user

@stax

Sorry for atking so long to answer. DGIndex says "Cannot find audio or video data. Check your PIDs"... Autogk does not do that.
I record my .ts files with altdvb if it helps.
Old 21st March 2006, 10:49   #810  |  Link
stax76

Quote:
Sorry for atking so long to answer. DGIndex says "Cannot find audio or video data. Check your PIDs"... Autogk does not do that.
I record my .ts files with altdvb if it helps.
AutoGK might inspect the pids using MediaInfo, you can easiliy find it out by looking at the command line AutoGK used to invoke DGIndex, use the application 'Process Explorer' to see the command line. I don't remember your last post, why isn't your file processed by ProjectX? This is the default in StaxRip and much better than the AutoGK way.
Old 21st March 2006, 11:15   #811  |  Link
nickolasemp
Special user

In Staxrip's log it says:
-
Quote:
--------- Preparing ----------
Extract audio from MPEG-2 using ProjectX
---------- Preparing ----------
Extract audio and index MPEG-2 using DGIndex
and then it stops.

I just tried to change the directory of the external apllication of dgindex to be the one that autogk uses. Everything goes fine... But when I switch to the one Staxrip wants me to download and use, everything stops... Perhaps a bug?

By the way, I downloaded Process Explorer and it doesn't say whether autogk uses mediaInfo or not.

Last edited by nickolasemp; 21st March 2006 at 11:23.
Old 21st March 2006, 11:56   #812  |  Link
stax76

@nickolasemp

Did you try to understand how source file preparation and the underlying tools work? With the information I get from you it's tough to diagnose something. Do you know what ProjectX and DGIndex are supposed to output and did you verify the output is OK?

Last edited by stax76; 21st March 2006 at 12:00.
Old 21st March 2006, 12:08   #813  |  Link
nickolasemp
Special user

Let's see -correct me if I'm wrong-:

Both ProjectX and DGIndex check the file you input and prepare it for further processing. ProjectX outputs the audio file seperately and DGIndex outputs the d2v file.

Now, in my computer, projectX doesn't output the audio file but DGIndex does index the input file. I don't know what's wrong. Forgive me if I'm being tiresome... This problem never occurs when my files are mpg(from Progdvb), only ts files do that.
Java is enabled for ProjectX...

I dont know why staxrip doesn't use ProjectX or maybe it does... I showed you staxrip's log.
Old 21st March 2006, 12:54   #814  |  Link
stax76

@nickolasemp

Did you read the help under Options/Preperation? There are two help buttons, the one within the preparation tab explains the preparation tab. If you select the ProjectX preparer which is a generic command line comparer you can click 'Edit' which opens the 'Command Line Preparer' dialog to configure the selected command line preparer, you find another help button there. I've uploaded a hotfix which saves the log file after every preparer completes containing more information about the preparation.

http://www.planetdvb.net/staxrip/StaxRip_Hotfix.zip

Code:

Preparer: Extract audio from MPEG-2 using ProjectX
Command line: "C:\Programme\Java\jre1.5.0_05\bin\java.exe" -jar "D:\Software\AV\StaxRip Anwendungen\ProjectX\ProjectX.jar" "E:\Video\Samples\Teranova\Terranova.ts"
Start time: 12:47:18
End time: 12:47:22
Duration: 00:00:03

Preparer: Extract audio and index MPEG-2 using DGIndex
Command line: "D:\Software\AV\StaxRip Anwendungen\DGIndex\DGIndex.exe" -IF[E:\Video\Samples\Teranova\Terranova.m2v] -IA=2 -FO=0 -YR=1 -TN=1 -OM=2 -DRC=2 -DSD=0 -DSA=0 -OF=[E:\Video\Samples\Teranova\Terranova] -exit
Start time: 12:47:22
End time: 12:47:23
Duration: 00:00:01
Old 21st March 2006, 12:55   #815  |  Link
SeeMoreDigital
Life's clearer in 4K UHD

DGIndex

Speaking as someone who has been using release and test builds of DGIndex for many months it's quite possible for DGIndex not to be able to open certain .TS streams during import and display the following message: -

"Cannot find audio or video data. Check your PIDs"...

Meaning some user intervention will be required....

Plus, when importing .VOB, .MPG or .TS files, every now and again DGIndex might report the following message: -

"WARNING! Opening GOP is not Closed.
The First few frames may not be decoded properly"

When this happens it's quite likely the resulting de-muxed audio stream will incorporate some level of (positive or negative) "delay".

In my experience, streams captured using DVB cards seem to present DGIndex with the most problem (even if they've been run thru tools such as MPEG2 Repair or HDTV-to-MPEG2).

Cheers
Old 21st March 2006, 13:21   #816  |  Link
nickolasemp
Special user

@seemoredigital
I'm almost positive that this is the case...

@staxrip
Still DGIndex (from staxrip's location) crashes while autogk's doesn't... Thank you both for your help... I'll use autogk's DGIndex for Staxrip to work.

Quote:

Preparer: Extract audio from MPEG-2 using ProjectX
Command line: "C:\Program Files\Java\j2re1.4.2_01\bin\java.exe" -jar "D:\Programs\Mpeg 4 - Video\mp4\staxrip\Applications\ProjectX\ProjectX.jar" "C:\AltDvb\Records\New Folder\Welcome to my life.TS"
Start time: 2:16:06 μμ
End time: 2:16:07 μμ
Duration: 00:00:00

Preparer: Extract audio and index MPEG-2 using DGIndex
Command line: "C:\Program Files\AutoGK\DGMPGDec\DGIndex.exe" -IF[C:\AltDvb\Records\New Folder\Welcome to my life.TS] -IA=2 -FO=0 -YR=1 -TN=1 -OM=2 -DRC=2 -DSD=0 -DSA=0 -OF=[C:\AltDvb\Records\New Folder\Welcome to my life] -exit
Start time: 2:16:07 μμ
End time: 2:16:18 μμ
Duration: 00:00:00
Old 21st March 2006, 13:56   #817  |  Link
stax76

@nickolasemp

Your ProjectX completes at 0 seconds so something goes wrong here. As you might have noticed ProjectX with command line uses the command shell because a command shell window should have popped up for a moment. Whenever a application fails it's much likely to give you a error. A windows application will show you something like a message box and a command line application will output the error to the command window. That means if you want to see the error you have to open a command prompt and execute the command line (right-click to paste and press enter) because command line applications exit when they are finished if they are not started from the command prompt. You can try to use ProjectX manually (the GUI) which might also give you a error. Maybe the reason why your AltDVB records fail is it misses some pids ProjectX insists on. If you managed to use a application like AltDVB you should also be able to master this problem

Quote:
In my experience, streams captured using DVB cards seem to present DGIndex with the most problem
That's my experience too and the reason why in StaxRip the ProjectX preparer is configured to even handle mpg so the DGIndex preparer will never receive a mpg file. I never experienced sync issues this way.

Last edited by stax76; 21st March 2006 at 14:02.
Old 22nd March 2006, 08:52   #818  |  Link
anne_so78

Quote:
I don't have the time to add a second AAC encoder so unless someody joins StaxRip development your only chance is trying to configure StaxRip to use another encoder.
But isn't it as simple as installing the CT aacPlus encoder plugin for BeSweet and adding an audio encoding profile in staxrip with these parameters ""%application:BeSweet%" -core( -input "%input%" -output "%output%" ) -azid( -s stereo -L -3db ) -dimzon( -dllname bse_WinampAacPlusV2.dll -cbr 32 -mode 4 -v 2 ) -ota( -d -130 -g max )" ?
Or is it much more complicated ?
Old 22nd March 2006, 11:15   #819  |  Link
stax76

Quote:
But isn't it as simple as installing the CT aacPlus encoder plugin for BeSweet and adding an audio encoding profile in staxrip with these parameters ""%application:BeSweet%" -core( -input "%input%" -output "%output%" ) -azid( -s stereo -L -3db ) -dimzon( -dllname bse_WinampAacPlusV2.dll -cbr 32 -mode 4 -v 2 ) -ota( -d -130 -g max )" ?
Or is it much more complicated ?
It's much more difficult than adding a profile and a plugin. Everything related to MP4 and AAC was difficult to add and maintain and Winamp AAC would certainly be no exception here. It was a big effort to add and maintain these things and there were a lot problems and difficulties I was contronted. On a scale from 1 to 10 where 1 is fun and ten is difficult MP4/AAC certainly would be solid 10. Many applications and formats actually were difficult to add and maintain.
Old 22nd March 2006, 14:28   #820  |  Link
flipflink

no need for AAC...

Hi, newbie question. Your program was recommended to me by a friend and it looks real promising. But after installing I cannot get around an error message that besweet cannot find nero, which it needs for AAC encoding. But I don't plan to do anything with AAC, just want to use AC3 of MP3. Is there a easy way around this, just to get it working without having to mess with nero? (I have full nero 6 installed, besweet itself works perfectly when converting ac3 to mp3).
Closed Thread

Tags
gui, h.264, h.265, hevc, mkv, x264, x265