Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Hardware & Software > Software players
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 22nd February 2010, 11:00   #11981  |  Link
somy

Quote:
Originally Posted by somy View Post
Hi X-Dron,

I have a problem WRT auto refresh rate changer. Recently I've change my graphics card to ATI HD5770, and auto refresh changer doesn't work for me any more. When MPC tries to change the refresh rate, it disconnect my TV first and then re-connect to my TV (TV shows no sing), and it takes up to 10 seconds to change the refresh rate which crashes MPC-HC since it couldn't find the screen. Do you think it's a driver issue or it's something need special coding for HD5xxx graphics card? Thanks!
Hi, I tried to install the lastest MPC-HC and follow your instructions, but it still doesn't work. It seems that everytime when it tries to change refresh rate it disconnect my TV and reset Graphics card and then reconnect to my TV again. Even when MPC disable aero sometimes my graphics card is reset. Does other HD5xxx user have such problem? Thanks!!!
Old 22nd February 2010, 18:13   #11982  |  Link
Mercury_22

New Directshow Filters for Ogg Vorbis, Speex, Theora and FLAC with "...Added 7.1 channels support for FLAC and support for files bigger than 2GBytes..." .
Is it possible to replace the internal Vorbis Theora OGG? filters based on ffmpeg (also FLAC) with other based on this "official" ones ? ( SVN at http://svn.xiph.org/trunk/oggdsf/ )

Maybe this will solve the Theora bug
Old 22nd February 2010, 19:13   #11983  |  Link
pirlouy
_

Maybe they should be tested before to integrate them in ffdshow our MPC-HC...

@tetsuo55: since you were interested in managing an open-source project, maybe you know this, but here is a short interesting article: http://lwn.net/Articles/370157/.
Old 23rd February 2010, 03:04   #11984  |  Link
rob4eiwt

On monitors with small pixel pitch it is necessary to set windows xp display properties appearance to [large fonts] and dpi to [large 120dpi]. Using those 2 settings the following error occurs:

The [Help] button has been pushed to a second row.

Would someone please fix this error?
Old 23rd February 2010, 03:21   #11985  |  Link
bobdynlan
Beyond the Corn Border

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikarad View Post
I have problem with mpc-hc and syncronization parameter
I have geforce gtx280 195.62 and xp sp3 and 120 hz crt display at 1280*1024 (video at 23.97 fps)
I use evr sync parameter and sync to display parameter
I have problem with fullscreen
We can notice that red line is not synchronized with fullscreen is turn on.
this problem doesn't appeared at 72 hz
This sync thing sounds mostly for LCDs because of their technical drawbacks and to some extent also for PLASMAs.

You could use Sync Renderer @ present at nearest and tweak target sync offset visually with Ctrl&Alt+Up/Down until you find an interval that does not jigsaw your graph (3.5-8=ok, 8-13=bad, 13.5-18=ok...etc).

You could use EVR/EVR Custom and Vsync OFF as I do on my CRT.

Better yet, don't look at stats when using your high refresh rate CRT and use default MPC-HC settings. I bet you don't have problems with video/audio not in sync.
Old 23rd February 2010, 08:38   #11986  |  Link
X-Dron

The new features:
Automatic playback the next file in folder.
Playback the next file in folder using key/command "Skip forward"
Playback the previous file in folder using key/command "Skip back"
Video

All it works when only one media file in playlist.
Comming soon
Old 23rd February 2010, 09:04   #11987  |  Link
ikarad

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobdynlan View Post
This sync thing sounds mostly for LCDs because of their technical drawbacks and to some extent also for PLASMAs.

You could use Sync Renderer @ present at nearest and tweak target sync offset visually with Ctrl&Alt+Up/Down until you find an interval that does not jigsaw your graph (3.5-8=ok, 8-13=bad, 13.5-18=ok...etc).

You could use EVR/EVR Custom and Vsync OFF as I do on my CRT.

Better yet, don't look at stats when using your high refresh rate CRT and use default MPC-HC settings. I bet you don't have problems with video/audio not in sync.
As I told above, With present at nearest, it's the same problem.

Usefull or useless with a CRT is not the problem, the problem here is that there is a problem with fullscreen and MPC and sync optimisation.
It's not normal that it's works with windowed mode or fulscreen mode with seek bar visible and that it doesn't work with fullscreen without seek bar visible.
Old 23rd February 2010, 09:33   #11988  |  Link
betaking
Fantasy Codecs writer

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Dron View Post
The new features:
Video

Comming soon
Good job!
Old 23rd February 2010, 14:19   #11989  |  Link
niksus

I was looking around, how could consecutive load Something.CD1.avi and Something.CD2.avi, without manually adding them in playlist. And this post above have just pop up. Is that what those new features are about?
Old 23rd February 2010, 14:36   #11990  |  Link
betaking
Fantasy Codecs writer

Quote:
Originally Posted by niksus View Post
I was looking around, how could consecutive load Something.CD1.avi and Something.CD2.avi, without manually adding them in playlist. And this post above have just pop up. Is that what those new features are about?
Yes,good new features! today i test other build for mpc-hc form mplayer-ww this bulid can do it!
Old 23rd February 2010, 15:46   #11991  |  Link
baadnewz

playback problems

I use mpc-hc x64 (latest build - i update it always). for some time i have a problem no matter the build. When i'm playing on my extended display (n lg tv ) randomly the it starts dropping frames (or at least this is the best i can describe it). The motion isnt' cursive anymore is like watching a movie @ 10-12 FPS. Problem is when i click to show stats the problem goes away and in stats everthing seems fine. The only solution for this is, to exit full screen, drag (yap drag it- move it a lil on display) the mpc-hc window then go back in fullscreen.
This happens random no matter what movie i watch or what codec is used. It happened to Xvids, DVDs, x264. It happens even if i use other decoders that mpc-hc's builtin one. (Ive tried with Xvid / ffdshow / ffdshow dxva / microsoft dvt decoder - the one that win7 comes w/). Problem is it happens only with mpc-hc 32/64 bit on EVR custom / Evr sync. with other players everthing is ok or other render.

My specs are: OS: Windows 7 Ultimate (Build #7600) CPU: Intel Core2 Duo E8400,* 3.00 GHz, 6144 KB Video: ATI Radeon HD 5770*(1680x1050x32bpp 60Hz) Sound:*ASUS Xonar D1.
For extended display i use a FULLHD LG TV @ 60 HZ

The problem manifested on Vista too, and on my older video card (ati 4670) im using latest video driver (catalyst 10.2 - but happened w. older versions too). Directx im using the one provided in a link on xvidvideo.ru.

Is there anything i can do ? since i tried to live w/ other players but there is nogo, im used too much with mpc-hc.

P.S. dunno if it matters but im using ac3filter (latest version) instead on mpc-hc builtin one.

Please any idea or advise is more than welcomed.

Vsync and alternative sync are off, but no matter how i put them, I still have the problem

Last edited by baadnewz; 23rd February 2010 at 15:49.
Old 23rd February 2010, 15:50   #11992  |  Link
Leak
ffdshow/AviSynth wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob4eiwt View Post
Would someone please fix this error?
Exactly why do you consider this an error (because that is normal menu bar behaviour when there's not enough space for all menus) - and what stops you from making the window a bit wider so the menu bar fits into a single line?
Old 23rd February 2010, 16:34   #11993  |  Link
Dark Eiri

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Dron View Post
The new features:
Video

Comming soon
This is great! I always loved that The KMPlayer was able to do this. Great work! Thank you, so much.
Old 23rd February 2010, 17:05   #11994  |  Link
X-Dron

2 xhmikosr

This ticket (#300) for you
Old 24th February 2010, 06:19   #11995  |  Link
73ChargerFan

Wow, that was a quick bug squash. 6 hours.
Old 24th February 2010, 09:35   #11996  |  Link
alexins
MPC-BE DEV

Media Player Classic HomeCinema (x86/x64), svn 1694

Supported languages: BR, BY, CN, CZ, DE, EN, ES, FR, HU, IT, KR, PL, RU, SE, SK, TR, UA

Changes log

Changes (1691-1694):
  • Updated Belarusian translation;
  • Fixed ticket #300: Regression when hiding Caption and Menubar (Patch by XPC) ;
  • New : Automatically play next files in a folder (optionally) (Patch by X-Dron);
  • fix rev.1693 - don't show OSD message when auto play disable
Old 24th February 2010, 10:08   #11997  |  Link
atzaus

One feature request; can someone please implement an OSD interface? something that would appear on hovering above the window. Something minimal like
<< |> >> --------------------------- 2:00/38:00 <V>
Prev Play Next Seekbar time Volume

This is to save space on laptop screens by using 1 and not having to switch to 3 every time you want to seek or change the volume
Old 24th February 2010, 10:28   #11998  |  Link
somy

I've a strange problem with EVR renderer:
When I have Aero enabled and choose D3D with GUI support surface, I get tearing in the bottom of the screen.
When I choose D3D full, I don't get any tearing during the playback. However, everytime when I quit by pressing ctrl+C, my screen goes black and I have to use windows shortcut ctrl-alt-del in order to bring my desktop back.
My setup is as follows:
Windows 7, XFX HD5770, ATI CCC10.2 and latest MPC-HC.
Thanks a lot!

Last edited by somy; 24th February 2010 at 10:33.
Old 24th February 2010, 11:11   #11999  |  Link
atzaus

Quote:
Originally Posted by atzaus View Post
One feature request; can someone please implement an OSD interface? something that would appear on hovering above the window. Something minimal like
<< |> >> --------------------------- 2:00/38:00 <V>
Prev Play Next Seekbar time Volume

This is to save space on laptop screens by using 1 and not having to switch to 3 every time you want to seek or change the volume
Some examples
http://pc.ign.com/dor/objects/143419...er_020410.html
http://www.cnn.com/video/
Old 24th February 2010, 11:40   #12000  |  Link
DMD

The Ticket #267 of forced subtitles for bluray, not there any hope to have it resolved?

THANKS

Last edited by DMD; 24th February 2010 at 11:43.
Closed Thread

Tags
dxva, h264, home cinema, media player classic, mpc-hc