Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > New and alternative a/v containers
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 8th August 2003, 11:15   #1  |  Link
Rasi

RealVideo with 2 audio streams totally impossible?

well see topic... i was just wondering... cause it seems to be such an advanced codec, but 2 audiostreams are really essential to me by now knowing ogm :P
Rasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2003, 11:50   #2  |  Link
Dark-Cracker

>but 2 audiostreams are really essential to me ...

no in fact using the search button is really essential for you !
Dark-Cracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2003, 12:44   #3  |  Link
multicone

I read in thread about Dark-Cracker's Auto-RV9 tool that 2 audio streams are possible in Realmedia container ? Why do you say its not possible ?

For testing i have made a MKV file with RV8 video ( from existing file ), 3 audio and 6 subtitles streams, works fine ....
multicone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2003, 15:42   #4  |  Link
kastro68
Dai Suki

I don't think you can mux two rm audio files... you have to use the SMIL structure.

You may be able to mux 2 or more vorbis audio with rmvb into a matroska container, with some limitations of course.

I can't seem to mux vorbis audio with rv9 video into a matroska container when anamorphic resize is being used...technically you can mux it, but I can't play the muxed file.

I think it might just be a slight flaw with either Gabest's real media splitter or matroska splitter...I really don't want to bother him right now since lots of people seem to be asking him for requests at the moment.

-----------------------------
Ok, here is where I need help.

Since I can't get rv9 video with anamorphic resize and vorbis audio to work in a matroska container, I reencoded the audio using cook.

I just don't know how to mux one cook audio file and one rv9 video file into the real media container.

Does anyone know the command line instr. to do this?

I read the CLI documents, but it doesn't mention anything about multiplexing.

Any help would be nice.

kastro68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2003, 15:49   #5  |  Link
Sirber
retired developer

I think you can mux them using RMEditor... but not sure
Old 8th August 2003, 19:22   #6  |  Link
karl_lillevold

In order to have two RA sound tracks with one RV clip, you have to use SMIL. I seem to recall you can do this automatically with rmfactory, but I am not sure, since I never tried this myself. rmfactory also does anamorphic, I think.

With regards to anamorphic RV in Matroska, this is a known problem, but I am not sure anyone completely knows where the problem lies, just that the dimensions do not appear to be set correctly in the anamorphic case, when Gabest's Matroska Muxer is used to create the mkv file. See this thread. mkvmerge can not be used either, since it does not yet handle RM correctly. It's almost there though
Old 8th August 2003, 19:30   #7  |  Link
karl_lillevold

small update: I just downloaded Gabest's latest Matroska Muxer (MatroskaMuxer_20030805.zip) (and Splitter) from project Guliverkli and anamorphic RV now works! I used DC's wrapper app to convert my atest file, and it now plays just fine in anamorphic mode, and mkvinfo shows the correct information:
| + Video track
| + Pixel width: 704
| + Pixel height: 364
| + Display width: 856
| + Display height: 364
Old 8th August 2003, 21:21   #8  |  Link
darth rosenberg

Even the old style AVI format, over 10 years old, can hold several audio streams...a container which cannot hold several audio streams is thus 10 years behind reality
Old 8th August 2003, 21:29   #9  |  Link
karl_lillevold

RM can hold as many audio streams as you like , SureStream multi-rate files is one example, but there is no easy way to create a multi-language RM file, and no easy way to select the right language on playback either, because it has not been a common usage scenario (until now). Maybe this will change, but until then, alternative container formats are easier to use for this purpose.
Old 9th August 2003, 01:12   #10  |  Link
kastro68
Dai Suki

Thanks Karl.

Gabest's update should solve my problem. Isn't life great, since there is often more than one solution to the same problem.

Although I would still like to know how(if it is possible) to mux one rm file with one rmvb file.

Old 9th August 2003, 04:54   #11  |  Link
Sirber
retired developer

Like I said earlier, thy with RMEditor...
Old 9th August 2003, 06:47   #12  |  Link
kastro68
Dai Suki

I think rmeditor.exe is used for editing the meta data such as author,title,copyright etc. I don't think it is used for muxing. I'll have to read up on it though.

This is the command I tried...and the error message I received.

Code:
T:\Temp\xxx\Why_Me,_Sweetie_files>H:/CodecBundle/RV9/RMFactory_0.31.rippack/RMFa
ctory_0.31/softs/producer/rmeditor.exe -i "Why_Me,_Sweetie.rmvb" -i "WhyMeS_audi
o1.rm" -o v:/allinone.rmvb

Input File 1: Why_Me,_Sweetie.rmvb
Input File 2: WhyMeS_audio1.rm
Output File: v:/allinone.rmvb

Error: Cannot paste files because the video streams in one file do not match the
 video streams in another file.

Old 9th August 2003, 18:15   #13  |  Link
karl_lillevold

@kastro68: rmeditor can be used for those purposes (author,title,copyright etc), but also it is frequently used to split RM files into several parts (timewise) or merge RM files together back to back (also in time). What you tried above is to merge two files in time, one after another, and for this, the two files have to contain the same format video (and audio) in both files. AutoRV9 automatically integrates rmeditor for these tasks. You can not use it to merge an RA stream with an RV stream. However, as far as I know, you can merge those two files into an MKV file, using Matroska Muxer Did you try this?
Old 9th August 2003, 18:42   #14  |  Link
kastro68
Dai Suki

Quote:
However, as far as I know, you can merge those two files into an MKV file, using Matroska Muxer Did you try this?
Nope, I haven't tried muxing RA with RV into matroska container.

The reason why I wanted to stick with the real media container was for compatibility purposes because Matroska is in heavy development at the moment and I would only use it once I have exhausted other viable alternatives.

Unfortunately, as a last resort I did end up using the matroska container, but with vorbis audio not real audio. SMIL is too inconvenient.

Thanks for the help. I just needed to know if it was feasible, just in case I ended up in the same predicament.