Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Hardware & Software > Software players

Closed Thread

Old 9th September 2010, 14:58   #14561  |  Link
alex_3d42

I have a probleme with the BDA capture mode.

When I click on "open device", I get this message :

Quote:
BDA Error: could not connect Network and Tuner
I have a Pinnacle PCTV310I DVB-T card with this drivers ftp://ftp.pctvsystems.com/TV/driver/...00i%20310i.zip

Windows 7 x64, MPC-HC 1.4.2499 64bits.

The card works good with PouchinTvMod.
Old 9th September 2010, 15:04   #14562  |  Link
oddball

mpc-hc.exe refuses to start high priority or any other priority. Is this by design? I tested with Notepad.exe and that loads high fine. But mpc-hc.exe defaults to normal priority (Or above normal if ticked in options). Bug or feature?
Old 9th September 2010, 15:11   #14563  |  Link
oddball

Quote:
Originally Posted by tetsuo55 View Post
putting the ini and reg key on a pastebin is a great idea, ill add that to the troubleshoot.
Can you give me a short and easy instruction for how to do that?

On the renames and changes, if you could open a ticket, subtitle cosmetics i can assign it to a dev.
Is there a .ini file? I don't know. I can export the settings from the registry though.

[HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-898919141-3994449569-2420336080-1001\Software\Gabest]

The number between hkusers and Software changes on each install from what I can gather so when you install again edit the exported registry file to the same number sequence as in the registry (Use Replace option and replace all in Notepad) and reimport it.
Old 9th September 2010, 15:16   #14564  |  Link
tetsuo55
MPC-HC Project Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by oddball View Post
mpc-hc.exe refuses to start high priority or any other priority. Is this by design? I tested with Notepad.exe and that loads high fine. But mpc-hc.exe defaults to normal priority (Or above normal if ticked in options). Bug or feature?
If you or someone else can read the code, the option to enable mpc-hc in above normal priority mode may be forcing it to use normal priority when unchecked.
Quote:
Originally Posted by oddball View Post
Is there a .ini file? I don't know. I can export the settings from the registry though.

[HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-898919141-3994449569-2420336080-1001\Software\Gabest]

The number between hkusers and Software changes on each install from what I can gather so when you install again edit the exported registry file to the same number sequence as in the registry (Use Replace option and replace all in Notepad) and reimport it.
The ini is optional, it isnt used by default and it replaces the registry.
Also i need a noob proof instruction, i have never backed up only 1 string out of the registry by hand before.
Old 9th September 2010, 15:17   #14565  |  Link
XPC

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex_3d42 View Post
I have a probleme with the BDA capture mode.

When I click on "open device", I get this message :

I have a Pinnacle PCTV310I DVB-T card with this drivers ftp://ftp.pctvsystems.com/TV/driver/...00i%20310i.zip

Windows 7 x64, MPC-HC 1.4.2499 64bits.

The card works good with PouchinTvMod.
Could you give more details? (OS, BDA config: type of network provider, filters, etc.)

You could try with a different network provider "Microsoft Network Provider" or "Microsoft DVBT Network provider".
Old 9th September 2010, 16:21   #14566  |  Link
raynor

What does the "Full Floating Point Processing" option
(under Renderer Settings --> Presentation) exactly do?

Is it advisable to enable it as far as visual output quality is
concerned?

Thanks,
raynor
Old 9th September 2010, 16:32   #14567  |  Link
namaiki

In my opinion, both "Force 10-bit RGB Input" and "Full Floating Point Processing" should be enabled for better perceived visual quality (not that you will normally notice it). (I tested using that Section-A.mp4 video )

Last edited by namaiki; 9th September 2010 at 16:35.
Old 9th September 2010, 17:21   #14568  |  Link
cca
Anime Otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by namaiki View Post
In my opinion, both "Force 10-bit RGB Input" and "Full Floating Point Processing" should be enabled for better perceived visual quality (not that you will normally notice it). (I tested using that Section-A.mp4 video )
You are probably right, unfortunately these options do not work correctly in all hardware. In my ATI 4850 for example to 10 bit RGR input is useless, gives a blank screen. I do use the Full Floating point Processing though.
Old 9th September 2010, 17:59   #14569  |  Link
clsid

Quote:
Originally Posted by tetsuo55 View Post
putting the ini and reg key on a pastebin is a great idea, ill add that to the troubleshoot.
Can you give me a short and easy instruction for how to do that?

On the renames and changes, if you could open a ticket, subtitle cosmetics i can assign it to a dev.
1) Start the Windows Registry Editor: Start -> Run -> regedit.exe
2) Navigate to the key that contains the settings of MPC:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Gabest\Media Player Classic
3) Right-click on the key and select Export. This will save the contents to a .reg file.
4) Open the .reg file with Notepad or some other text editor.
5) Copy the contents and paste it on PasteBin (http://pastebin.com). Choose REG as syntax highlighting. Press the submit button.
6) Copy the URL from the location bar of your web browser and paste it in your support ticket.

When using INI file for storing the settings:
1) Open the mpc-hc.ini file with Notepad or some other text editor.
2) Copy the contents and paste it on PasteBin (http://pastebin.com). Choose "Ini file" as syntax highlighting. Press the submit button.
3) Copy the URL from the location bar of your web browser and paste it in your support ticket.
Old 9th September 2010, 18:03   #14570  |  Link
clsid

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTPVHD View Post
No, the default should stay as it is. If anyone wants to use external subs then they can check that setting, it isn't hard at all.
You fail to provide any argumentation. I suspect you have no clue what the option actually does, or you are just one of those egoistic users that does not care about the needs of the majority.
Old 9th September 2010, 18:07   #14571  |  Link
Superb

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTPVHD View Post
No, the default should stay as it is. If anyone wants to use external subs then they can check that setting, it isn't hard at all.
Huh? It's not about what's hard or not... it's about what makes sense. The only people which this option affects are ones who put external subtitle (usually SRT) in the same folder and same file name. Those people 99.9% of the times prefer the external subtitle (they obviously took the time to put it there). That's exactly why you have a DEFAULT case. One case which fits most users.

You basically reasoned your opinion ("the default should stay") w/ the argument that "it isn't hard" to change. Does that seem fine to you?

EDIT: I now see that clsid replied as well.

Last edited by Superb; 9th September 2010 at 18:09.
Old 9th September 2010, 18:28   #14572  |  Link
GTPVHD

No need to get yourselves all steamed up, I thought it would cause issues with MKVs and embedded .ASS subs if the option was enabled by default, since a lot of people do use MPC-HC to play MKVs with embedded .ASS subs. If it doesn't cause issues, then go ahead and enable it by default.
Old 9th September 2010, 19:22   #14573  |  Link
Superb

Well, do us a favor and check yourself before replying next time. Save us all time.
This one was especially easy to test.
Old 9th September 2010, 20:59   #14574  |  Link
73ChargerFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by clsid View Post
I got a suggestion for improving the current subtitle options:
My request for subtitles, but I don't know how to phrase it:
Enable Forced Subtitle Track for Primary Language

Forced subtitles appear in SciFi movies, e.g. District 9 and Stargate, and Japanese movies.

Also, label the "forced" track in the subtitle track list.

My language is English, I watch Japanese anime dubbed in English, where I want the forced subtitles enabled, but not the other English subtitle track. I have to enable subtitles, change the track to the forced track. Next video (non-anime), I have to disable subtitles or else I'm getting English subtitles in an English language movie.
Old 9th September 2010, 21:09   #14575  |  Link
dbone1026

Quote:
Originally Posted by 73ChargerFan View Post
My request for subtitles, but I don't know how to phrase it:
Enable Forced Subtitle Track for Primary Language

Forced subtitles appear in SciFi movies, e.g. District 9 and Stargate, and Japanese movies.

Also, label the "forced" track in the subtitle track list.

My language is English, I watch Japanese anime dubbed in English, where I want the forced subtitles enabled, but not the other English subtitle track. I have to enable subtitles, change the track to the forced track. Next video (non-anime), I have to disable subtitles or else I'm getting English subtitles in an English language movie.
I had asked about forced subtitles previously, here is the response I got:

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.ph...81#post1427081

Blog - http://www.adigitalhomeblog.com
MSS.net blog (contributing editor) - http://www.mediasmartserver.net
Old 9th September 2010, 21:19   #14576  |  Link
73ChargerFan

Troubleshooting Suggestion:

To enable troubleshooting, user should have enter his/her email into the program.

The registry key can be exported using the command:
C:\Windows\regedit /e mpc.reg "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Gabest\Media Player Classic"

And add the .ini file. (Both registry and ini file may be present.)
Add mpc-hc version info, windows version video device info, audio device info, media graph

Add email address, zip it all up, include date/time in filename.
Move file to user's documents directory, exit mpc-hc.

An automatic submittal process can be added later.
Old 9th September 2010, 21:20   #14577  |  Link
73ChargerFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbone1026 View Post
I had asked about forced subtitles previously, here is the response I got:

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.ph...81#post1427081
Add a callback to query the flags. This is still all in the same application, after all.
Old 9th September 2010, 23:03   #14578  |  Link
alex_3d42

Quote:
Originally Posted by XPC View Post
Could you give more details? (OS, BDA config: type of network provider, filters, etc.)

You could try with a different network provider "Microsoft Network Provider" or "Microsoft DVBT Network provider".
Thank you ! It works with "Microsoft Network Provider" instead of "Microsoft DVBT Network Provider".

But I can't find any channels

All intenal filters activated, Windows 7 Pro 64 bits

Edit : Checked with 1.4.2511, no channels found.

Last edited by alex_3d42; 9th September 2010 at 23:07.
Old 10th September 2010, 00:44   #14579  |  Link
bur

Fullscreen 16:9 with horiz black bars and vert cut-off

I have a 704:384 H264 movie in a matroska container and 16:9 DAR played on a 16:10 monitor.

In windowed mode the movie plays in proper aspect ratio and size.

But when I switch to fullscreen, MPC adds black bars on the top and bottom and right/left parts of the picture are cut off.

I can understand why the black bars are there - I have a 16:10 display and the video is 16:9. But why does the picture get cropped on the sides? I'd rather have an uncropped image with big black bars.

With pan/scan I can scale the image to the proper size, but then when I switch back to windowed mode again, I need to reset the settings and back to fullscreen I have to reenable them. So it'd be nice if there was a permanent way to fix this.

My system:

MPC-HC 1.4.2511
MadVR 0.3 (happens with all renderers though)
ffdshow 3558
Windows 7 x64
HD 5770
1680x1050 LCD
Old 10th September 2010, 01:03   #14580  |  Link
Snowknight26

You probably have something improper selected in the Video Frame options.
Closed Thread

Tags
dxva, h264, home cinema, media player classic, mpc-hc