Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > VapourSynth
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 9th October 2015, 17:54   #101  |  Link
mastrboy

I really don't care who's in the right here, but in the end those who suffer from this little argument/stubbornness is unfortunately the users
Old 14th October 2015, 16:42   #102  |  Link
Boulder
Pig on the wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myrsloik View Post
I added an extra check in r28 to make sure a certain framerate only has one representation. It makes checking for the same framerate much easier. Use vs_normalizeRational on the framerate field and it will work.

This change was made to fix things like 60000/2002 not being considered equal to 30000/1001.
How to use that function to correct these issues? Or is it even possible without a new DGDecNV build?
Old 19th June 2016, 12:19   #103  |  Link
hydra3333

Hello, seeking clarification ... where am I mis-understanding ?

This http://rationalqm.us/board/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=441 and this thread here http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.ph...51#post1741851 both indicate DGdecNV will not be supported in VapourSynth.

This http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.ph...53#post1741853 says use avsreader as a workaround (thanks).

This http://www.animemusicvideos.org/foru...25039#p1546405 indicates non-NV DGMPGDec can be used OK in VapourSynth, eg MPEG2Source("c:\path\file.d2v",info=0,ipp=true,cpu=0)

This (4 Mar 2016) http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.ph...02#post1759402 seems to indicate that DGdecNV is supported in VapourSynth because it shows how to use it (code below) and says "DGSource works fine btw".
Code:
import vapoursynth as vs
core = vs.get_core()
core.std.LoadPlugin(r'D:\Software\Medien\DGDecNV\DGDecodeNV.dll')
clip = core.dgdecodenv.DGSource(r'D:\Temp\Video\00009 temp files\00009.dgi')
clip = core.vivtc.VFM(clip, 1)
clip = core.vivtc.VDecimate(clip)
clip.set_output()
Reminder for future self:
Code:
DGIndex.exe produces .d2v files and is paired with MPEG2Source like
MPEG2Source("%pard2v%",info=0,ipp=true,cpu=6)  # DEBLOCK and DERING

DGIndexNV.exe produces .dgi files and is paired with DGsource like
DGSource("%pardgi%",deinterlace=2,resize_w=%Width%,resize_h=%Height%) #deinterlace=2 means double rate deinterlacing
So, can someone please confirm which DG things will and will not work in VapourSynth ?

Thanks to you.
hydra3333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2016, 16:27   #104  |  Link
Myrsloik
Professional Code Monkey

Plain dgdecode works. I tested it myself long ago. The nv version I've never tried since I don't have a suitable graphics card but I think som people have had success with it.

Either way, if they're broken you'll most likely get an instant crash which is hard to miss. Plain dgmpgdec does have a quirk that it doesn't apply user/file specific cropping so you have to do that yourself.

Or just use d2vdecode.
Old 20th June 2016, 13:24   #105  |  Link
hydra3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myrsloik View Post
Plain dgdecode works.
Or just use d2vdecode.
Thank you.
Old 24th June 2016, 14:49   #106  |  Link
Elegant

@hydra3333 DGDecodeNV works fine IF you are using the release of VapourSynth and version of DGDecodeNV that supports it (R26 and rev 2051 I think; whatever stuff is in that version of StaxRip). I'm still amazed this feud is going on for this plugin. I don't see how having multiple releases of a project is bad (was easy to maintain for the ones I updated) nor do I see how performing your own frame rate normalization to be a "hack", I consider it a standard.

The most amazing part to me is that you have this plugin that requires a license but you'd rather screw yourself out of that income... Worthwhile plugin, just don't grasp the argument for a standalone/no "hack" version.

Last edited by Elegant; 24th June 2016 at 18:16.
Elegant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2016, 12:22   #107  |  Link
hydra3333

I see there's a new version of DGDecodeNV and a suggestion to try it out.
Old 6th November 2016, 07:01   #108  |  Link
Elegant

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydra3333 View Post
I see there's a new version of DGDecodeNV and a suggestion to try it out.
Just tried this out; no dice. Not sure what's causing this but this is the error:

Code:
Failed to evaluate the script:
Python exception: No entry point found in C:\Program Files (x86)\VapourSynth\plugins64\DGDecodeNV.dll
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "src\cython\vapoursynth.pyx", line 1491, in vapoursynth.vpy_evaluateScript (src\cython\vapoursynth.c:26905)
  File "\\FreeNAS\Users$\Shane\Desktop\Fate-Stay Night.vpy", line 9, in <module>
    core.std.LoadPlugin(r'C:\Program Files (x86)\VapourSynth\plugins64\DGDecodeNV.dll')
  File "src\cython\vapoursynth.pyx", line 1383, in vapoursynth.Function.__call__ (src\cython\vapoursynth.c:25212)
vapoursynth.Error: No entry point found in C:\Program Files (x86)\VapourSynth\plugins64\DGDecodeNV.dll
EDIT: Found the solution over here.

Last edited by Elegant; 6th November 2016 at 07:08. Reason: Found solution
Elegant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th January 2017, 01:58   #109  |  Link
hydra3333

You mentioned re 64-bit DGDecodeNV :-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sm3n View Post
..., I am able to load avsplugin, I just replaced "core.dgdecodenv.DGSource" with "core.avs.DGSource"

Code:
core.avs.LoadPlugin(path=r'D:\DGDecodeNV.dll')
vid = core.avs.DGSource(dgi=r'D:\0_eng2.dgi')
Great !
Does the latest 64bit DGDecodeNV.dll plugin work OK with the latest vapoursynth ?

I'm re-looking at using it now for GPU enabled decoding/deinterlacing/resizing.
eg in a windows .bat file
Code:
#video = core.avs.DGSource(r'%pardgi%',deinterlace=1) # deinterlace=1 means single rate deinterlacing
#video = core.avs.DGSource(r'%pardgi%',deinterlace=2) # deinterlace=2 means double rate deinterlacing, beware extra frame at 0
#video = core.avs.DGSource(r'%pardgi%',deinterlace=2,resize_w=720,resize_h=576) # deinterlace=2 means double rate deinterlacing, beware extra frame at 0
#If using double-framerate NV, fix the double-framerate bug in NV per http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.ph...56#post1391556 like this
#video = core.std.Trim(video,first=1)
As far as I know my sources are all vanilla 25fps interlaced, so hopefully I can ignore the framerate normalization issue stuff per http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.ph...68#post1741368 ?