Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > Avisynth Usage

Old 22nd November 2008, 19:31   #1  |  Link
mawi2006

Restoring 25 -> 29.97 fps

Hi,

I have some Videos in 25p, it seams to me, their are changed from 29.97 fps to 25 fps, because i have some other Videos from the same Source, they have 29,97 fps and are good. And now are missing some Frames in the changed Videos.

I have this Problem allways posted in the German Gleitz Forum.
But i have no more Idea.
Sample

Sorry for my bad english
mawi2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2008, 22:27   #2  |  Link
zee944

If your 25 fps videos are really progressive, then nothing is missing. You have to slow down the video to 23.976 fps with AssumeFps(23.976) then do a telecining to interlaced 29.97i. The telecining method depends on what do you actually want to do with the result. Do you want to make an NTSC DVD?

Anyway, you have to slow down the audio too, if you really want to go NTSC.
zee944 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2008, 22:44   #3  |  Link
manono

Quote:
Originally Posted by zee944 View Post
If your 25 fps videos are really progressive, then nothing is missing.
I guess you didn't have a look. It really is progressive 25fps and something really is missing - every 5th frame.

My guess is that it was shot using a progressive 30fps camera, every 5th frame dropped to make it 24fps, and then it was speeded up to 25fps. If true, it was created by an idiot.

I'm not sure, though, what mawi2006 wants done. Recreate the missing frames? I wouldn't know how.
manono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2008, 01:43   #4  |  Link
mawi2006

Yes, some frames are missing, but i canīt see a rule like "every 5th frame". Thatīs my problem. if i can create dups from the frames on the correct position, then ist their a function called "replacedups".

Maybe, it will be impossible to correct it.
Old 23rd November 2008, 04:11   #5  |  Link
manono

I was wrong - it's every 6th frame that's missing, and, as you said, it's not steady. Perhaps the source was 29.97fps, and not 30fps. In any event, you don't seem concerned about creating new frames so that it plays smoothly, but making dupe frames. But why? It won't play any more smoothly. What's the end format going to be, another AVI, a DVD, what?
manono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2008, 08:53   #6  |  Link
Alex_ander

Quote:
Originally Posted by mawi2006 View Post
if i can create dups from the frames on the correct position, then ist their a function called "replacedups".
There was a function 'filldrops' by Mug Funky for replacing such dupes with new frames created by mvflowinter of MVTools. The problem is how to put those dupes in right places. I asked Fizick to think of an MVTools feature for finding drop frame positions by means of motion analysis, but he didn't get interested (particularly that I couldn't suggest any starting algorithm).
Alex_ander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2008, 19:58   #7  |  Link
mawi2006

yes, Dideč thinks also, that a lumadetection is not usefully, because the motion on billiard is to slow. It would need a very specialy motionanalyse to find the correct positions, and itīs to hard stuff for me.