Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > Subtitles
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 14th November 2004, 23:32   #41  |  Link
mafe

Quote:
Originally posted by Paddington
Hi Mafe, what version are you using - the one from SourceForge.net (see links in my previous email) shouldn't have it anymore...

And Wingdings, why would you want to convert so many of them? I mean, if you have the original DVD, I suppose you would only need to add one. Additionally, I wonder whether IfoEdit will handle many subs correctly. It has happened to me sometimes that I get too many frame drops (due to subtitles, even if I use the originals only), and I have to remove some of them... or maybe someone knows a trick to ignore those frame drops?
yes, the last one from sourceforge, 1.2.
mafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2004, 12:34   #42  |  Link
Paddington
Author of SubtitleCreator

Hi Mafe, Thanks for testing it, but are you really sure you've got the newest one. According to the stats, the new release hasn't been downloaded... However, I've had a another look, and still cannot find the bug you mention (current release v1.2.1): here is a screenshot using vobedit and rejig (see attachment, which also includes the latest version of the program)... if only I could see where the attachment is and how do I show an image...

BTW JIT debugging is on
Attached Files
File Type: zip subtitlecreator.zip (152.7 KB, 342 views)

Last edited by Paddington; 15th November 2004 at 12:58.
Paddington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2004, 13:55   #43  |  Link
Asmodeus
juzer

And what about changing min window width from 400 to bellow 352 for halfDVD encodes ?
Thx.

Last edited by Asmodeus; 15th November 2004 at 15:02.
Asmodeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2004, 17:42   #44  |  Link
SirK

I still have lines at the bottom of the subs. Used Version: 1.2.1, Font: Arial Narrow (standard) size 22

PS: There is still Ver1.0 displayed in the abouts.
SirK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2004, 12:46   #45  |  Link
Paddington

You were right - I've checked my output with srt2sup, and my subtitle window definition in the sup file was one pixel more than the actual bitmap . Therefore, you did get an empty line (although this is actually depending on your viewer - WinDVD doesn't do this). I've fixed this bug (latest version is now 1.2.2), so please give it another go at Sourceforge.

Additionally, I've changed the version number in the about window (thanks), and you can now decrease the subtitle window width to 40 instead of 400 pixels. Hope this helps.
Old 16th November 2004, 14:01   #46  |  Link
SirK

great, now it works!
thanks!
SirK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2004, 23:56   #47  |  Link
mafe

GREAT! IT WORKS NOW! WOHOO!

mafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2004, 08:06   #48  |  Link
TomSem

Yeah ,
those lines are gone

but i ve still one question
I can not resize the preview window
The vertical position changed from 425 to 490 in preview window
And i can not cange it because the my ok button is out screen

tommy
Old 17th November 2004, 09:54   #49  |  Link
Asmodeus
juzer

Quote:
Originally posted by Paddington
... and you can now decrease the subtitle window width to 40 instead of 400 pixels. Hope this helps.
Nope , it's still 400
Old 17th November 2004, 13:54   #50  |  Link
Paddington

Asmodeus, you were right - it was getting too late, I guess, making me sloppy. However, I've fixed it for you now... nothing else has changed.
Old 17th November 2004, 14:52   #51  |  Link
Asmodeus
juzer

No problem
Works fine , thx.
Old 17th November 2004, 21:07   #52  |  Link
mp3boy

hi buddy
thanks alot for your charming software, since you post it on sourceforge, do we have permission to download sourcecode? and is it possible to run c# code inside microsoft excel? i have bunch of macros for my subtitle handling.

and one more thing (a feature request):

- is it possible to have convert srt bitmap to sup?

another thing is a bug:

- when I try to make dvd using rejig it take 10 times longer than normal to multiplex subtitle and its 100 percent cpu usage at all time

thanks in advance

Last edited by mp3boy; 17th November 2004 at 21:12.
mp3boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2004, 09:04   #53  |  Link
Paddington

Clearly, if you like to improve the program, you can also download the source (using a program like WinCVS) and do with it what you like. The only limitation is that if you use it for your own programs, they have to become freeware and open source too. Probably the WriteSUP method in the SUP.cs file is the most interesting one, as this is the method that converts a bitmap to a sup file. Whether you can use it inside Excel, I wouldn't know, and I would doubt it. Aren't you limited to VB, in which case you would have to translate it...

With respect to your feature request: can you explain me why you would like to convert bitmaps (I suppose you are talking about plain bitmaps, because srt bitmaps doesn't mean anything to me) to sup? As explained above, in principle it would be quite easy to do so using WriteSUP, which takes a bitmap as input anyways. But as I don't have this need, I would like to know more before I implement it. In principle, you could easily write a routine to convert a set of bitmaps while specifying their position and the colors from the palette...

Finally, ReJig is always slower than IfoEdit in my understanding - this is because he does the multiplexing in two steps: first, video & audio, later plus subtitles. Or are there specific differences between my sups and other (original) sups, which would surprise me a lot (I've also used ReJig with my sups, and didn't notice anything strange)...
Old 18th November 2004, 17:14   #54  |  Link
mp3boy

I never used WinCVS and I couldn't find a link to your sourcecode.

btw, the speed problem was fixed by itself, ReJig is much faster now.

thanks
Old 18th November 2004, 21:23   #55  |  Link
Paddington

mp3boy: the sources can be found here. And instead of using WinCVS (before this project, I never used it before either), you can just download every file here and compile it yourself using Visual Studio for C#. Good luck!
Old 21st November 2004, 13:48   #56  |  Link
TomSem

hi paddington

The lines are gone but the background can't get transparent

Thnx for your nice tool anyway
Old 21st November 2004, 16:41   #57  |  Link
TomSem

Sorry to mention the transparency bug

I 've it is fixed in the oct 17 version
Old 21st November 2004, 17:53   #58  |  Link
mp3boy

there is also one bug: there is some dots and lines out of in some titles which I don't where it comes from but it seems to be the edge's alpha channel problem.

Basically I asked for source code because of some midification and add feature but maybe you can do it yourself since I don't know C#.

The Second thing is a feature request,

- Option to define the space between two line.
- Option to define Text stretch (width and height).
- Option to place the text to second line if its only single line.

I'll post more when I remember

thanks
Old 24th November 2004, 03:42   #59  |  Link
Paddington

mp3boy, can you be a bit more specific - where do you see those dots and lines, font, example text file... Thanks

Wrt to the features:
- If there is only a single text line, it already goes to the bottom line (previous feature request).
- Setting stretches and spacing could be added, but is it necessary for other too.
- If you wanted to use (or mix) bitmaps, how would you deliver them.

For example (srt format):
00:00:10.123 -> 00:00:11.234
<I>bitmap0001.bmp</I>

00:00:12.123 -> 00:00:13.234
Hi there, ...
Old 24th November 2004, 14:17   #60  |  Link
mp3boy

I believe stretch is definately required by everybody since it is the only way of making subtitle for wide or letter and by defining text streght in height and width.

and usually srt2sup was doing it by having separate menu (load bitmap) but I don't know if there is a requirement for color definition header to say which color for border , background, text and anti-aliasing. and I don't really think there is requirement of having mixed of them but if you like we can do it by [im]text.bmp[/im] and we can still save [ i ][ / i ] for Italic and there is also alignment values which which has X1,X2, Y1,Y2.

usually srt bitmap does not have any mark but you could do that anyway but I don't really like srt's timecode because its not frame accurate, using timecode HH:MM:SS:FF is best way or microDVD is also quiet good and best accurate.

and other thing is about Persian font which are all joint but the outline is spliting them and i think it is the bug in rendering method which I have attached the photo. the photo is actually taken by subrip after multiplexing into dvd using ReJig.

see the character just next left side to three dots (...) in shot0001.bmp and arrow one in shot0002.bmp and I also attached the fixed image using photoshop and VB scripting to convert Text2Image by myself from excel.

another thing is that I think its best if you don't crop your image or you give option to user to have full image like those fixed or even option to define bounding box because many of my character is out of bounding box. I'm sure that will help alot.

and the last but not least question , I got v1.23 which have some bug only some time, a runtime error message popup with Detail, Continue and Quit buttoms on it. I forgot the text but I will post later if it helps.

Thanks again.

PS: where to get the latest and update version? I saw various location which many of them was not updated (such as VCDHelp.com)
Attached Images

Last edited by mp3boy; 24th November 2004 at 17:08.