Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > DV

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 1st October 2002, 17:18   #1  |  Link
matzed

VFW playback is good, DirectShow playback is bad ?

Hi,

I'm acquiring the DV vids with my DV cam with Premiere, without any problems. But when i playback the DV avi files with Windows Media Player or BSPlayer or Premiere, it's very bad, very blurred. Moreover, BSPlayer is playing it at 360 X 288 instead of 720 X 576. I think they both use DirectShow Filters for playback, and when using VCSwap (mentionned in another thread here), it says me that the DirectShow DV Video Decoder is qdv.dll v6.04.2600.0.

I think that this decoder is trying to do a (very bad) deinterlacing, beacause the playback in VirtualDub is interlaced, but not blurred (using I the Panasonic DV Codec, which is VFW).

When i go in the advanced tab of performance in WMP, i can change the settings to the max, and the vid is not blurred anymore, clear and interlaced. But i can't change this settings in BSPlayer.

My questions are :

- can you confirm that WMP and BSPlayer and Premiere are using the DirectShow Filter and VirtualDub is using the VFW drivers (that is the Panasonic DV Codec on my system) ?
- is there a way to push the quality to the max for this DirectShow filter anywhere else than in WMP ?
- is there a way to make WMP and/or BSPlayer to use the VFW drivers or the Panasonic DV Driver ?
- is there exist another DirectShow filter for DV that is better than the qdv.dll ?

Thanks a lot

Matzed
matzed is offline   Reply With Quote