Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > New and alternative a/v containers

Old 15th June 2011, 03:41   #3841  |  Link
SamuriHL

Your Windows Audio settings are wrong. To do it with just LAV Audio you need to match the Windows Audio settings with the number of channels. ReClock gave you channel matching with exclusive mode, but, without exclusive mode the channels must match. Most likely you have it set to stereo.
Old 15th June 2011, 04:03   #3842  |  Link
lboregard

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamuriHL View Post
Your Windows Audio settings are wrong. To do it with just LAV Audio you need to match the Windows Audio settings with the number of channels. ReClock gave you channel matching with exclusive mode, but, without exclusive mode the channels must match. Most likely you have it set to stereo.
excellent ! i had it set to stereo .. changed it to 5.1 and voila ! MULTI CH IN input bliss on my receiver

thanks SamuriHL !
lboregard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2011, 04:10   #3843  |  Link
SamuriHL

Quote:
Originally Posted by lboregard View Post
excellent ! i had it set to stereo .. changed it to 5.1 and voila ! MULTI CH IN input bliss on my receiver

thanks SamuriHL !
No problem. Glad I was able to help.
Old 15th June 2011, 07:02   #3844  |  Link
CiNcH

I think that I found a potential issue.

I am using LAV Splitter to play BD inside the DVBViewer (it detects the main movie mpls by itself and opens it with LAV). When stopping playback, the DVBViewer remembers the position and will continue from there when restarting playback. This seems to cause problems with certain disks, e.g. "Angels and Daemons" (Illuminati). The DVBViewer just crashes with a C++ exception. I found out that the main movie is scattered among many m2ts files. I think that this happens when playback is stopped and resumed after the first m2ts file.

May this be a seeking bug with seamless branching BD's?
Old 15th June 2011, 08:04   #3845  |  Link
BloodySword

Found a small bug with TTA, the last buffer seems to be dropped at the end of playback. Don't know if this is a avformat problem or even avcodec problem. This problem is reproduceable with ANY .tta file I have. They were encoded with official ttaenc.exe, latest version.
BloodySword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2011, 08:09   #3846  |  Link
RealSnoopyDog

Hi CiNcH! I don't have this problem here, just checked it with Illuminati. Do you use one of the latest ffdshow builds where nevcairiel provided a patch for crashes in H.264 DXVA playback? Even build 3878 was instable, it always crashed at the same playback position of a special movie. With build 3882 this was gone. (and i compiled my own build right after nev's fix, this was also stable)

I only have one issue with .mpls playback: when i watch a movie (.mpls / .m2ts) and select another mpls playlist (e.g. bonus material) while the current one is still playing back, then LAV starts accessing the disk but never ends. I have to kill the host program with the task manager. Sometimes the first change between .mpls files works but at the latest the third or fourth change causes this behaviour with all movies that i own. I start a new playback while another playback is still running. The original filter in DVBViewer does not show this behaviour.
RealSnoopyDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2011, 08:40   #3847  |  Link
Johan76

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevcairiel View Post
Both AC3 and AAC get decoded to floating point, some older audio drivers don't handle that properly. In a future version, you may be able to configure the desired output format.

You can confirm that this is the problem by simply going into the ffdshow audio config, and on the Output tab, unselect every format except 32-bit float. If you get the same distortions, thats the problem.
You are very right. Tested and confirmed. The only format not working was 32 bit floating. I have never thought about those options since it has just been working.

Are selectable output any near in the future? I can unfortunately not use LAV audio until this is possible :/

Many thanks for pointing this out. Now I at least know why!
Johan76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2011, 08:59   #3848  |  Link
pankov

Quote:
Originally Posted by ney2x View Post
Off-topic:

Is there a way to show subtitles like ffdshow subtitle placement/letterbox/vertical position 98% (bottom)

And not like this
DirectVobSub

Note: Sorry, I don't know the right word for what I'm trying to achieve in DirectVobSub, is it video overlay???

Already tried to asked support in other thread but no one answering me. I decided to ask here cause people here are accommodating
ney2x,
if you do insist on using DirectVobSub instead of FFDShow subtitles (either in the decoder or in the separate filter) you can try the option "Vertical padding" in VobSub's General tab. I remember I used it a long time ago but I think it's broken in the latest versions - not sure.
pankov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2011, 09:37   #3849  |  Link
BloodySword

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johan76 View Post
You are very right. Tested and confirmed. The only format not working was 32 bit floating. I have never thought about those options since it has just been working.

Are selectable output any near in the future? I can unfortunately not use LAV audio until this is possible :/

Many thanks for pointing this out. Now I at least know why!
You could try to update your audio drivers. Wich OS are you running? Since Vista, audio conversions are done by CPU, so windows will convert the formats. In XP a driver update might also add CPU conversion of float to integer.
BloodySword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2011, 10:23   #3850  |  Link
e-t172

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodySword View Post
You could try to update your audio drivers. Wich OS are you running? Since Vista, audio conversions are done by CPU, so windows will convert the formats. In XP a driver update might also add CPU conversion of float to integer.
You could also use Reclock to convert from floating point to integer.
e-t172 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2011, 11:06   #3851  |  Link
CiNcH

Quote:
Hi CiNcH! I don't have this problem here, just checked it with Illuminati. Do you use one of the latest ffdshow builds where nevcairiel provided a patch for crashes in H.264 DXVA playback? Even build 3878 was instable, it always crashed at the same playback position of a special movie. With build 3882 this was gone. (and i compiled my own build right after nev's fix, this was also stable)
I see. I am using latest ICL build 3853 by clsid. Think I will switch to the generic builds then. I just had the problem that DVBViewer always crashed when trying to resume the movie. Only after resetting position to 0 it worked again. Thought this could be due to seamless branching and a seeking error. Guess I will have to do more serious testing on this issue then, this time with latest ffdshow build however.

Last edited by CiNcH; 15th June 2011 at 11:15.
CiNcH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2011, 11:32   #3852  |  Link
Johan76

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodySword View Post
My HTPC is on WinXP.
Not sure if there are any updated drivers.
I can look but it is always hard to find good drivers for such old hardware.

But since I have a "new" GPU which handles even bluray material I see no point in buying new hardware just because...

I will look for newer driver.

BloodySword> Thanks for reclock tips. I will consider. However I cannot use this if it will mess with the bitstreaming.
Old 15th June 2011, 12:45   #3853  |  Link
ney2x

Quote:
Originally Posted by pankov View Post
ney2x,
if you do insist on using DirectVobSub instead of FFDShow subtitles (either in the decoder or in the separate filter) you can try the option "Vertical padding" in VobSub's General tab. I remember I used it a long time ago but I think it's broken in the latest versions - not sure.
Yeah, I'm completely getting rid of ffdshow and I'll be using LAV Suite (CUVID/Filter). Anyways, my problem solved today, by adjusting the vertical placement and unchecking "Positions subtitle relative to the video frame"

And also I am using DirectVobSub v2.40.3164 . Oh! The reason I used separate subtitle filter is because I also used Windows Media Center (Windows 7 x64).
ney2x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2011, 14:43   #3854  |  Link
Mercury_22

Quote:
Originally Posted by ney2x View Post
Yeah, I'm completely getting rid of ffdshow and I'll be using LAV Suite (CUVID/Filter). Anyways, my problem solved today, by adjusting the vertical placement and unchecking "Positions subtitle relative to the video frame"

And also I am using DirectVobSub v2.40.3164 . Oh! The reason I used separate subtitle filter is because I also used Windows Media Center (Windows 7 x64).
You can also use MPC-HC as default player in "Windows Media Center (Windows 7 x64)" and you'll not need any other filters
Old 15th June 2011, 15:51   #3855  |  Link
clsid

Quote:
Originally Posted by pankov View Post
Vertical padding has been broken for quite some time now. If someone can narrow down the range of revisions in which it got broken, it would increase the chance of a quick fix. So if anyone is bored and wants to do some testing, please do!
Old 15th June 2011, 16:15   #3856  |  Link
ney2x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury_22 View Post
You can also use MPC-HC as default player in "Windows Media Center (Windows 7 x64)" and you'll not need any other filters
Oh well! I ask for 1 help and here you come you help me more... That's why I love doom9

Quote:
Originally Posted by clsid View Post
Vertical padding has been broken for quite some time now. If someone can narrow down the range of revisions in which it got broken, it would increase the chance of a quick fix. So if anyone is bored and wants to do some testing, please do!
Do you know a site to where I can download different revisions of VSFilter.dll only? Cause I can't parallel download here

Edit: Upon thorough testing different revisions I managed to find the last working "vertical padding" which is DirectVobSub v2.40.2.3104_x86 and from DirectVobSub v2.40.2.3112 onwards are broken. FYI.

Question:
Is CCCP Project related to MPC-HC Team? Cause I just found out awhile ago that their revisions of VSFilter are not broken.

Last edited by ney2x; 15th June 2011 at 18:04.
Old 15th June 2011, 19:19   #3857  |  Link
clsid

Are you sure 3104 is working? Because afaik it was broken long before that.

CCCP probably has some custom code. Perhaps they have already located the bug.
Old 15th June 2011, 21:52   #3858  |  Link
Johan76

Tried with reclock to convert to 16 bit integer. Kind of work. Sound is good but I get other problems. Easier for me to stick with ffdshow for now.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk
Old 16th June 2011, 03:23   #3859  |  Link
ney2x

Quote:
Originally Posted by clsid View Post
Are you sure 3104 is working? Because afaik it was broken long before that.

CCCP probably has some custom code. Perhaps they have already located the bug.
[IMG][/IMG]

But the problem with 3104 is it stays in my system tray and consuming memory even after exiting the player.

And also I want to report the latest revision DirectVobSub v2.40.3237 still broken. I thought someone fixed it but still a no go...

This maybe my last post regarding DirectVobSub cause this is OFF-TOPIC. Thanks for your time.

Last edited by ney2x; 16th June 2011 at 03:34.
Old 16th June 2011, 07:48   #3860  |  Link
Gleb Egorych

*OFFTOPIC*
I'm using Zoom Player and neither 3042 nor 3104 works as expected with vertical padding. Version from CCCP works but there is a problem with aspect ratio on files wider than 16:9 (I use 16:9 extension).

EDIT: problem with aspect ratio was pure ZP problem, solved. As I understand CCCP custom patches only revert particular MPC-HC revisions, 339 and 1096 to be exact.
Sorry for offtopic.
*OFFTOPIC*

Last edited by Gleb Egorych; 16th June 2011 at 13:14. Reason: info added
Gleb Egorych is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
decoders, directshow, filters, splitter