Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > New and alternative video codecs
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 5th December 2011, 18:49   #14261  |  Link
Dstruct

Minor installer bug: With "DXVA" unchecked in Installer, ffdshow (rev4122) still copies the Intel QuickSync DLL into the program folder. Should get fixed.

SOLVED

Last edited by Dstruct; 6th December 2011 at 14:48.
Dstruct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2011, 19:05   #14262  |  Link
oddball

I have an issue with the delogo filter. It won't work right up to the edge of the frame. It always leaves about 2 pixels or so visible. If I try to cover those two pixels the delogo mask vanishes completely. Example below. You can see part of the logo at the bottom left. I have tried different aspects and touching from from inside and outside etc to no avail.

http://www.imagebam.com/image/74363e162953570
oddball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2011, 20:06   #14263  |  Link
clsid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dstruct View Post
Minor installer bug: With "DXVA" unchecked in Installer, ffdshow (rev4122) still copies the Intel QuickSync DLL into the program folder. Should get fixed.
QuickSync is a plugin for the regular ffdshow video decoder. It is not in any way related to the DXVA functionality of ffdshow.
Old 5th December 2011, 20:07   #14264  |  Link
clsid

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoRoNe View Post
I don't know how, but the Rundll Application Error upon opening the FFDShow Raw Video Decoder config is over now. I was searching for the revision that would cause the error, but ultimately ended up installing the latest revision again...and the error was gone...weird.
But now I'm facing another problem; with all the revisions I installed, including the latest one, the merit slider on the "DirectShow control"-tab is grayed out. I can't use it.
Changing the merit with Softella DirectShow Filter Manager also now still has no effect.
(Although it's not the aim, the Raw Video Decode does work though when manually adding it on MPC-HC's "External Filters"-tab and changing the merit to 00400000)
You must right-click and "run as admin" to be able to change merits with programs or ffdshow config.
Old 5th December 2011, 20:43   #14265  |  Link
Reino

I'm using an nLited Windows XP Pro SP3. I'm always running as Admin, so in essence I can access everything. No hidden settings. That makes me wonder how FFDShow detects if one is running as admin or not.
It's only the Raw Video Decoder config, the other configs I can change the merits no problem.
Old 6th December 2011, 11:06   #14266  |  Link
haruhiko_yamagata

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandarinka View Post
The green stuff on right edge happens with 10-bit video even without software scaling, the requirement is that the video width (I'm not sure about height) must be non-mod4 AND vsfilter must follow ffdshow in the playback chain (tested: revision 4096). I didn't report it here yet, because it is a bit messy matter, but I notified CCCP team (since they ship with vsfilter) here, for reference:

http://www.cccp-project.net/forums/i...39465#msg39465

See post 23 (before to that point the thread is about an older bug). A sample that replicates the behavior can be found in post 1 though).

Edit: I quickly tested a build of r4122 (xvidvideo.ru, 32-bit msvc) and it seems that reverting that vsfilter workaround has broken non-mod4 width video totally (both 8bit and 10bit) - essentially the old bug reported in the first post of that cccp forum thread got reintroduced. I didn't test r4123 (no builds yet...)
It was my fault for not testing properly and misread the situation. That vsfilter's bug was still alive.
In DirectShow, the down stream filter prepares buffer. There is no explicit transmission of the strides. Thus both filters have to guess stride from the dimensions.
MSDN in Japanese document says that for YUV format such as YV12 stride has to be rounded to the nearest DWORD alignment. Sorry, I can't find English documentation. It look like that part was deleted/changed.
vsfilter does not align the stride at all. If ffdshow does not take the bug into account, the picture is messed up.
I think it is not wise to fix vsfilter now, because filters that have the workaround gets broken again.
Old 6th December 2011, 11:12   #14267  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

For the record, ffdshow raw also doesn't deal with any stride, it will exhibit the same problems (green bar, etc).
The best solution would be if the post-processor takes over the buffer control and then requests the stride (much like a renderer would function).
Old 6th December 2011, 13:31   #14268  |  Link
haruhiko_yamagata

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevcairiel View Post
For the record, ffdshow raw also doesn't deal with any stride, it will exhibit the same problems (green bar, etc).
Oops, then ffdshow has the same bug.
Quote:
The best solution would be if the post-processor takes over the buffer control and then requests the stride (much like a renderer would function).
Would you explain the detail?
Old 6th December 2011, 13:36   #14269  |  Link
haruhiko_yamagata

Quote:
Afaik among Windows XP its available video renderers (Full Screen Renderer, Video Renderer, Video Mixing Renderer 7 and Video Mixing Renderer 9 (all quartz.dll)), there's not one that can handle YV12 video without a decoder.
Thank you for explanation.
ffdshow's default output color space has been YV12 for a long time. On Windows Xp, YV12 should work fine except very rare cases.

OSD:
I'll take a look later.
Old 6th December 2011, 13:51   #14270  |  Link
JEEB
もこたんインしたお!

Yeah, the stride bug was found to be in both VSFilter as well as the raw input filter, I think it's mentioned in the related CCCP thread as well...

Anyways, I was going to report these things as soon as I got off my lazy turd to make a sample of another file where -tryouts was using the wrong channel mapping with a 4ch AC3 stream if libavcodec's decoder was used (probably matched to whatever liba52 was putting out since using that one seems to output the same as VLC/LAV Audio). That sample is now available here.
Old 6th December 2011, 14:48   #14271  |  Link
Dstruct

Quote:
Originally Posted by clsid View Post
QuickSync is a plugin for the regular ffdshow video decoder. It is not in any way related to the DXVA functionality of ffdshow.
Ok, thanks! Didn't know that.
Dstruct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2011, 16:33   #14272  |  Link
GMJCZP

I'm using version ffdshow_rev4052_20111120_clsid and noticed that one avi video which is H.264 video component could not play in Media Player Classic, so I tried installing an older version, the ffdshow_rev3336_20100327_clsid, and with that I was able to play the video, but not wanting to keep an older version I chose to use the Haali Media Splitter, and leaving "disabled" option decoding.

I hope you can resolve this inconsistency. Thank you.
GMJCZP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2011, 18:30   #14273  |  Link
Reino

Quote:
Originally Posted by haruhiko_yamagata View Post
Thank you for explanation.
ffdshow's default output color space has been YV12 for a long time. On Windows Xp, YV12 should work fine except very rare cases.

OSD:
I'll take a look later.
Uhm...that was a reply to nevcairiel. My reply to you is 2 post earlier.

Quote:
You must right-click and "run as admin" to be able to change merits with programs or ffdshow config.
Quote:
I'm using an nLited Windows XP Pro SP3. I'm always running as Admin, so in essence I can access everything. No hidden settings. That makes me wonder how FFDShow detects if one is running as admin or not.
It's only the Raw Video Decoder config, the other configs I can change the merits no problem.
Ok, first of all, FFDShow's Raw Video Decoder does work now. I guess, after changing its merit with Softella DirectShow Filter Manager, somehow a reboot is required for it to work...weird though o_O.

However, even after having tested it on another computer ('normal' Windows XP using an admin-account with full access), also here the merit-slider is greyed out and inaccessible.
Has anyone reading this topic access to this merit-slider at all (you can find it on the "Codecs"-tab of FFDShow's Raw Video Decoder config)?
Old 6th December 2011, 22:14   #14274  |  Link
clsid

It is greyed out deliberately. It should be removed completely imo.
Old 7th December 2011, 11:44   #14275  |  Link
haruhiko_yamagata

Quote:
The swscale performance issue is because of a data alignment issue. See swscale.c, line 2620.
Haruhiko, can you have a look at that?
OK, I'm working on it.
Old 7th December 2011, 17:41   #14276  |  Link
Reino

@ clsid:
Then why hold up the "run as admin"-story at all? Rather misleading.
You don't want people to use the Raw Video Decoder at all?
Old 7th December 2011, 20:35   #14277  |  Link
ikarad

Quote:
Originally Posted by haruhiko_yamagata View Post
OK, I'm working on it.
Do you still work on sub renderer and support of /t subs?
ikarad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2011, 21:20   #14278  |  Link
Blight
Software Developer

Bug report:
This is not a new report, it's just troubling.
When using the FFDShow Subtitle Renderer filter (not rendering with the video decoder) with the "Set interlaced flag in output media type" checkbox enabled in the "output" section, FFDShow crashes GraphStudio (and elsewhere) as soon as the graph is run.

Here's a sample file and a grf file to test with
It uses FFDShow for Audio decoder and sub renderer and LAV for the splitter and video decoder. EVR is used as the video renderer.
The crash occurs whether ffdshow is used as an audio/video decoder or not.

Download sample:
http://www.multiupload.com/SV8IKUHXS5

The GRF file was created under "D:\X"

Last edited by Blight; 7th December 2011 at 21:27.
Blight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2011, 23:26   #14279  |  Link
clsid

Quote:
@ clsid:
Then why hold up the "run as admin"-story at all? Rather misleading.
You don't want people to use the Raw Video Decoder at all?
The raw filter is supposed to be manually inserted into the filter graph by an application that desires to use it. It is not designed to be used like a normal filter.
Changing merits requires admin privileges and therefore "run as admin" can help.
Old 8th December 2011, 05:45   #14280  |  Link
GMJCZP

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMJCZP View Post
I'm using version ffdshow_rev4052_20111120_clsid and noticed that one avi video which is H.264 video component could not play in Media Player Classic, so I tried installing an older version, the ffdshow_rev3336_20100327_clsid, and with that I was able to play the video, but not wanting to keep an older version I chose to use the Haali Media Splitter, and leaving "disabled" option decoding.

I hope you can resolve this inconsistency. Thank you.
Please, follow with the problem, I must be getting disabled / libavcodec and is an inconvenience. Thanks.
GMJCZP is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ffdshow, ffdshow tryouts, ffdshow-mt, ffplay, icl