Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs

Old 26th March 2015, 09:53   #7821  |  Link
hello_hello

Quote:
Originally Posted by LigH View Post
The explicit VBV limits seem to apply for high AVC profiles only. So this x264 warning might be more or less correct, provided that x264 does not yet assume to need High Profile for a turbo 1st pass.
Cheers. Yes I guess x264 is assuming baseline or main profile for the first pass. I wonder why it doesn't when it's a slow first pass? Not that it matters, I was just curious.

Thanks.
hello_hello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2015, 10:01   #7822  |  Link
LigH
German doom9/Gleitz SuMo

I wonder if that warning can be circumvented by explicitly adding "--profile high[10]" to the 1st pass call when these parameters with maximum VBV values are added too.
__

P.S.:

Just discussed briefly in IRC, turbo 1st pass always assumes Main Profile because 8x8dtc is disabled. This warning has a minor relevance, VBV values don't matter much during a 1st pass.

New German Gleitz board
MediaFire: x264 | x265 | VPx | AOM | Xvid

Last edited by LigH; 26th March 2015 at 10:09.
LigH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2015, 10:15   #7823  |  Link
sneaker_ger

Quote:
This warning has a minor relevance, VBV values don't matter much during a 1st pass.
It has no relevance at all because x264 uses the --vbv- parameters instead of enforcing the level limit.
sneaker_ger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2015, 21:36   #7824  |  Link
cengizhan

my megui suddenly stopped working. upon program start megui says that "Fatal Error. megui encountered a fatal errorr and may not be able to proceed. reason:index was outside the boundaries of the array". if i click ok, program closes immetiately.
Quote:
Description:
Stopped working

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: CLR20r3
Problem Signature 01: megui.exe
Problem Signature 02: 1.0.2524.0
Problem Signature 03: 54e3c3f7
Problem Signature 04: MeGUI
Problem Signature 05: 1.0.2524.0
Problem Signature 06: 54e3c3f7
Problem Signature 07: 852
Problem Signature 08: 0
Problem Signature 09: System.IndexOutOfRangeException
OS Version: 6.3.9600.2.0.0.256.48
Locale ID: 1055
cengizhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2015, 22:10   #7825  |  Link
hello_hello

Quote:
Just discussed briefly in IRC, turbo 1st pass always assumes Main Profile because 8x8dtc is disabled. This warning has a minor relevance, VBV values don't matter much during a 1st pass.
Thanks for the info. I figured it didn't matter but I was curious as to "why". Now I know.

Thanks.
hello_hello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2015, 20:02   #7826  |  Link
Solon8

Maybe this is a stupid question, but I have to ask it to learn: if I add, say, 8 GB of RAM, will encoding wth MeGUI be any faster? I already have a good CPU (4.0 GHz) and 8 GB of RAM.
Would the improvement from 8 GB of RAM be trivial as maybe MeGUI only uses the CPU? Or would it help a lot and I could grasp a good number of FPS? Thank you.
Solon8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2015, 20:09   #7827  |  Link
sneaker_ger

No speed increase.
sneaker_ger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2015, 21:24   #7828  |  Link
Solon8

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneaker_ger View Post
No speed increase.
OK, thank you for your answer.
Solon8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th March 2015, 13:13   #7829  |  Link
Zathor

Quote:
Originally Posted by cengizhan View Post
my megui suddenly stopped working. upon program start megui says that "Fatal Error. megui encountered a fatal errorr and may not be able to proceed. reason:index was outside the boundaries of the array". if i click ok, program closes immetiately.
Please download this file and replace your megui.exe:
http://megui.org/auto/megui-core_2525.zip

Does it fix the problem?
Zathor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2015, 11:46   #7830  |  Link
cengizhan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zathor View Post
Please download this file and replace your megui.exe:
http://megui.org/auto/megui-core_2525.zip

Does it fix the problem?
Yes.
cengizhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2015, 23:42   #7831  |  Link
salam2009

Hi everyone,
I get this frustrating mkvmerge error occasionally after encoding videos (without adding their audio tracks) using x264 Encoder (which I need) then muxing the result with the audio from the file source.

"video.720p.mkv: Error in the Matroska file structure at position 4010858. Resyncing to the next level 1 element.
The last timecode processed before the error was encountered was 00:00:19.978000000.
Resyncing successful at position 4782373.
The first cluster timecode after the resync is 00:00:25.025000000."

Now when the video reaches the defective minutes, the picture freezes with continuous audio until the point of the first cluster timecode arrives!
If the error doesn't show up in mkvmerge, the muxed file will probably get the same issue!
I tried the old versions of mkvmerge to be sure but got the same error, so it must has something to do with MeGUI encoding process.
I'm using v2525 of MeGUI with updated components and even tried reinstalling it along with K-Lite Mega Codec Pack but sadly that didn't help either!
Any tip would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks a bunch!

Cheers,
Salaam
salam2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2015, 05:59   #7832  |  Link
LouieChuckyMerry

Hello and thanks in advance for any help, and an Extra Big thanks for MeGUI . I have a simple question: is there a built in feature--or can anyone think of a way--to make MeGUI "pause" or "rest" for a selectable amount of time between queued jobs? I ask because often I'm away from home for weeks at a time and I'd love to have MeGUI chug away at my collection of sources to be encoded, but with MT AviSynth I'm able to achieve 100% CPU usage and I figure that it's not necessarily a good idea to have my CPU running at 100% for 10+ straight days. I've been queuing enough jobs to keep my computer busy for around 3 days straight without apparent issue, but if I could queue, for example, 2 days worth of jobs, then queue a 12 hour break, then repeat I'd be very pleased. I searched for an answer without success, but probably because I'm using the wrong terms. Any relevant input is much appreciated, thanks for your time.
LouieChuckyMerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2015, 06:11   #7833  |  Link
LouieChuckyMerry

Quote:
Originally Posted by salam2009 View Post
Now when the video reaches the defective minutes, the picture freezes with continuous audio until the point of the first cluster timecode arrives!
If the error doesn't show up in mkvmerge, the muxed file will probably get the same issue!

In the past I've occasionally experienced a similar problem, without an error message, and after much effort I've decided that it was some combination of fragmented files (my storage drive's an HDD) and poor mkv muxing. Since then I've kept my storage drive defragmented (defragmenting the sources before muxing) and checked the mkv files (sampling the audio-video sync at the beginning, middle, and end of the mkv) after muxing and before encoding, and I've not experienced this problem since.
Old 31st March 2015, 08:47   #7834  |  Link
AMED

Quote:
Originally Posted by LouieChuckyMerry View Post
Hello and thanks in advance for any help, and an Extra Big thanks for MeGUI . I have a simple question: is there a built in feature--or can anyone think of a way--to make MeGUI "pause" or "rest" for a selectable amount of time between queued jobs? I ask because often I'm away from home for weeks at a time and I'd love to have MeGUI chug away at my collection of sources to be encoded, but with MT AviSynth I'm able to achieve 100% CPU usage and I figure that it's not necessarily a good idea to have my CPU running at 100% for 10+ straight days. I've been queuing enough jobs to keep my computer busy for around 3 days straight without apparent issue, but if I could queue, for example, 2 days worth of jobs, then queue a 12 hour break, then repeat I'd be very pleased. I searched for an answer without success, but probably because I'm using the wrong terms. Any relevant input is much appreciated, thanks for your time.
As long as your cooling is ok then it will be fine to run your CPU at 100% for weeks\months. I'm sure your computer will be obsolete well before x264 encoding kills it.
Old 31st March 2015, 09:36   #7835  |  Link
LouieChuckyMerry

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMED View Post
As long as your cooling is ok then it will be fine to run your CPU at 100% for weeks\months. I'm sure your computer will be obsolete well before x264 encoding kills it.
Thanks for your reply, AMED, I appreciate it, and my computer is already obsolete, ha ha, but it's the only one I have. Define "ok"? It's a laptop, elevated on an open aluminum pad. with a small fan blowing down on it from above. I live in the tropics and can't leave the A/C running when I'm not home. I understand where you're coming from, but I'd still prefer to give it a rest every two or three days. Any thought on how to do that with MeGUI? Some kind of dummy file? Anything?
Old 31st March 2015, 22:15   #7836  |  Link
AMED

Probably easier to just do smaller batches of encodes.
Old 1st April 2015, 01:36   #7837  |  Link
salam2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by LouieChuckyMerry View Post
In the past I've occasionally experienced a similar problem, without an error message, and after much effort I've decided that it was some combination of fragmented files (my storage drive's an HDD) and poor mkv muxing. Since then I've kept my storage drive defragmented (defragmenting the sources before muxing) and checked the mkv files (sampling the audio-video sync at the beginning, middle, and end of the mkv) after muxing and before encoding, and I've not experienced this problem since.
Lucky for you. I defragmented my HDD & even tried encoding on another HDD and nothing has changed!
Thanks for the input.
salam2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2015, 02:19   #7838  |  Link
LouieChuckyMerry

AMED: I understand that, but it's not possible. The point of my original post was that I'm not home to queue smaller batches so I'm looking for a way to add a "dummy" encode, or some such, to rest the CPU for half a day every couple days in a one to three week queue. I wouldn't have the question if I was home to tend the queue .

salam2009: sorry that didn't help, I wish I knew more.

Last edited by LouieChuckyMerry; 1st April 2015 at 02:21.
Old 1st April 2015, 09:18   #7839  |  Link
ryszardzonk

l-smash

Guys I am using following profile in avisynth script creator for files I indexed using l-smash with Megui File Indexer.

Code:
<input>
AudioDub(last, LWLibavAudioSource("source location", av_sync=true))
AssumeTFF()
Trim(111,222) ++ Trim(333,444)
Audio=KillVideo()
AudioDub(last,Audio)
Load_Stdcall_Plugin("C:\Program Files\MeGUI\tools\yadi\yadif.dll")
Yadif(order=-1)
crop(2, 2, -2, -2)
Spline36Resize(720,400) # Spline36 (Neutral)
Import("C:\Program Files\MeGUI\tools\avisynth_extra\_load\degrain.avs")
degrain.avs
Code:
LoadPlugin("C:\Program Files\MeGUI\tools\avisynth_extra\TTempSmooth\TTempSmooth.dll")
ttempsmooth()
LoadPlugin("C:\Program Files\MeGUI\tools\avisynth_extra\RemoveGrain\RemoveGrainSSE3.dll")
RemoveGrain(mode=1)
My question is what to do to improve import and .avs save speed of files indexed with l-smash, because those operations can take for like an minute on my Intel Q9400 processor or even longer the larger indexed file is. Adding resulting .avs script for audio queue is fast as click of a mouse while adding video to the queue takes just as long as saving it.

Where is this lag coming from? I have never experienced it with with files indexed with DGIndex* tools.

Megui version - 2525
L-smash version - r784
ryszardzonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2015, 10:20   #7840  |  Link
LigH
German doom9/Gleitz SuMo

Some source formats are easier to index than others, especially when they already contain a keyframe index which can be read separately (e.g. AVI, MKV); for more broadcast oriented containers without such index chunks (especially TS), an indexer application has to follow the whole file, trying to demultiplex the streams and looking for starts of decodable blocks in each stream, which is a lot more elaborate.

Indexers supporting only a small range of input formats (few containers, one video stream only) may be faster (ignoring unsupported streams) than more generic indexers supporting a wider range (more containers, several audio streams too, maybe even subtitles).

New German Gleitz board
MediaFire: x264 | x265 | VPx | AOM | Xvid
LigH is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
megui