Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Hardware & Software > Software players

Old 7th December 2017, 17:21   #4581  |  Link
Heaud

Trying to get Streamlink to work with MPDN via the option within Streamlink to pass a URL to the player, but I keep falling into this:

What needs to be done so that Streamlink can work with the player?
Heaud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2017, 14:59   #4582  |  Link
Shiandow

It is apparently attempting to open your URL with the Directshow D3DY Youtube filter, which isn't installed. What kind of URL are you trying to send MPDN?
Shiandow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2017, 18:38   #4583  |  Link
Heaud

I am not sure which URL Streamlink is sending to the player. The configuration file has options for fifo, streaming via HTTP, and an option to only pass the URL and let the player handle it which I am guessing is to not allow Streamlink to transcode anything. All the options give the error from my previous post when trying to load except for fifo which spits out "File not found '\\. \pipe\streamlinkpipe-5380'".
Old 15th December 2017, 14:19   #4584  |  Link
Shiandow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heaud View Post
I am not sure which URL Streamlink is sending to the player. The configuration file has options for fifo, streaming via HTTP, and an option to only pass the URL and let the player handle it which I am guessing is to not allow Streamlink to transcode anything. All the options give the error from my previous post when trying to load except for fifo which spits out "File not found '\\. \pipe\streamlinkpipe-5380'".
I gave it a try and you should be able to run streamlink by using the option -a="--stdin", so your command would look something like:

Code:
streamlink -p MediaPlayerDotNet.exe -a="--stdin" <url> <quality>
for some weird reason you need to use an equals sign with "-a" rather than just a space, but it should work.
Old 16th December 2017, 23:13   #4585  |  Link
Heaud

Thanks for the tip! Got it working with Streamlinks default settings and using the --stdin argument specified. I also decided to toy around to see why the equals sign would be needed to feed the command an argument, and it seems that having a whitespace causes python to not read the command correctly. Giving a more basic -a--stdin was able to work just fine as well.
Old 5th January 2018, 14:28   #4586  |  Link
dave_in_gva

Feature request: audio and subtitle delays - user entered

Periodically I have audio or subtitle delays that are quite large.

It's a pain to ratchet up to a delay of 1 second or 2 with the audio delay setting of +/- 5 ms, particularly on my laptop without a dedicated + or - button. Similarly, sometimes subtitle files are wildly out and although the F1 and F2 hotkeys make ratcheting up or down by 250 ms at a time much more palatable, the fact remains that sometimes it would just be nice to get a dialog box pop up where the user could enter an audio delay or a subtitle delay value.

Would it be possible Zach to have this integrated into an upcoming release? Otherwise this amazing software is pretty much perfect.

Best wishes,

Dave M
dave_in_gva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2018, 02:59   #4587  |  Link
donger

Code:
===================================

Określony argument jest spoza zakresu prawidłowych wartości. (MediaPlayerDotNet)

------------------------------
Error Type = System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException
Error Message = Określony argument jest spoza zakresu prawidłowych wartości.
Error Source = MediaPlayerDotNet
Error Site = Mpdn.IScaler C(Mpdn.IScaler)
Error occurred =    w a.C.C(IScaler )
   w a.C.B(IScaler )
   w Mpdn.D3D9VideoRenderer.VideoRenderer.ag()
   w Mpdn.D3D9VideoRenderer.VideoRenderer.aG()
   w Mpdn.D3D9VideoRenderer.VideoRenderer.e(Boolean )
   w Mpdn.D3D9VideoRenderer.VideoRenderer.A(String , FrameBufferInputFormat , Int32 , Int32 , Int32 , Int32 , InterlaceFlags , Double )
   w B.M.A(String , FrameBufferInputFormat , Int32 , Int32 , YuvColorimetric , InterlaceFlags , PointF )
   w B.M.A(IMedia )
   w MediaPlayerDotNet.MainForm.A(IMedia , Boolean , Boolean , Boolean )
   w MediaPlayerDotNet.MainForm.OpenMedia(IMedia , Boolean , Boolean , Boolean , Boolean )
   w MediaPlayerDotNet.MainForm.OpenMedia(String , Boolean , Boolean , Boolean , Boolean )
   w MediaPlayerDotNet.MainForm.h.A()
   w a.S.A()
OS Version = Microsoft Windows NT 6.3.9600.0
Total Physical Memory = 16 GB
Available Physical Memory = 12,2 GB
Date Time = 06.01.2018 02:55:02
User Name = DESKTOP-F812GCS\PJ
Application Startup Path = C:\Program Files\MPDN
Application Executable Path = C:\Program Files\MPDN\MediaPlayerDotNet.exe
CurrentDirectory = F:\FILMY
SystemDirectory = C:\Windows\system32
Ran As Admin = False
HasShutdownStarted = False
MachineName = DESKTOP-F812GCS
ProcessorCount = 4
LogicalDrives = C:\, D:\, F:\
EnvironmentVariables = COMPUTERNAME = DESKTOP-F812GCS; USERPROFILE = C:\Users\PJ; HOMEPATH = \Users\PJ; LOCALAPPDATA = C:\Users\PJ\AppData\Local; JD2_HOME = C:\Users\PJ\AppData\Local\JDownloader v2.0; PSModulePath = C:\Program Files\WindowsPowerShell\Modules;C:\Windows\system32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\Modules; PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE = AMD64; Path = C:\Windows\system32;C:\Windows;C:\Windows\System32\Wbem;C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation\PhysX\Common;C:\Users\PJ\AppData\Local\Microsoft\WindowsApps;; CommonProgramFiles(x86) = C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files; ProgramFiles(x86) = C:\Program Files (x86); PROCESSOR_LEVEL = 6; LOGONSERVER = \\DESKTOP-F812GCS; PATHEXT = .COM;.EXE;.BAT;.CMD;.VBS;.VBE;.JS;.JSE;.WSF;.WSH;.MSC; HOMEDRIVE = C:; SystemRoot = C:\Windows; SESSIONNAME = Console; ALLUSERSPROFILE = C:\ProgramData; PUBLIC = C:\Users\Public; FPS_BROWSER_APP_PROFILE_STRING = Internet Explorer; APPDATA = C:\Users\PJ\AppData\Roaming; PROCESSOR_REVISION = 3c03; USERNAME = PJ; CommonProgramW6432 = C:\Program Files\Common Files; TEMP = C:\Users\PJ\AppData\Local\Temp; OneDrive = C:\Users\PJ\OneDrive; CommonProgramFiles = C:\Program Files\Common Files; OS = Windows_NT; USERDOMAIN_ROAMINGPROFILE = DESKTOP-F812GCS; PROCESSOR_IDENTIFIER = Intel64 Family 6 Model 60 Stepping 3, GenuineIntel; ComSpec = C:\Windows\system32\cmd.exe; SystemDrive = C:; FPS_BROWSER_USER_PROFILE_STRING = Default; ProgramFiles = C:\Program Files; NUMBER_OF_PROCESSORS = 4; TMP = C:\Users\PJ\AppData\Local\Temp; ProgramData = C:\ProgramData; ProgramW6432 = C:\Program Files; windir = C:\Windows; USERDOMAIN = DESKTOP-F812GCS
RuntimeVersion = 4.0.30319.42000
Thread Count = 68
Handle Count = 991
VM Size = 33,6 GB
Peak VM Size = 33,6 GB
Working Set Size = 281,2 MB
Max Working Set Size = 1,3 MB
Min Working Set Size = 200 KB
Modules = MediaPlayerDotNet.exe, ntdll.dll, MSCOREE.DLL, KERNEL32.dll, KERNELBASE.dll, ADVAPI32.dll, msvcrt.dll, sechost.dll, RPCRT4.dll, mscoreei.dll, SHLWAPI.dll, combase.dll, ucrtbase.dll, bcryptPrimitives.dll, GDI32.dll, gdi32full.dll, msvcp_win.dll, USER32.dll, win32u.dll, IMM32.DLL, kernel.appcore.dll, VERSION.dll, clr.dll, MSVCR120_CLR0400.dll, mscorlib.ni.dll, ole32.dll, uxtheme.dll, nvinject.dll, System.ni.dll, CRYPTSP.dll, rsaenh.dll, bcrypt.dll, CRYPTBASE.dll, System.Core.ni.dll, MediaPlayerDotNet.ni.exe, System.Drawing.ni.dll, System.Windows.Forms.ni.dll, Mpdn.Core.ni.dll, System.Configuration.ni.dll, System.Xml.ni.dll, shell32.dll, cfgmgr32.dll, shcore.dll, windows.storage.dll, powrprof.dll, profapi.dll, comctl32.dll, dwmapi.dll, MSCTF.dll, OLEAUT32.dll, gdiplus.dll, DWrite.dll, WindowsCodecs.dll, CommandLine.ni.dll, clrjit.dll, YAXLib.ni.dll, System.Xml.Linq.ni.dll, clbcatq.dll, dataexchange.dll, dcomp.dll, d3d11.dll, dxgi.dll, twinapi.appcore.dll, RMCLIENT.dll, VideoFrameServicesNative.dll, SharpDX.Direct3D9.ni.dll, SharpDX.ni.dll, d3d9.dll, nvldumdx.dll, crypt32.dll, MSASN1.dll, WINTRUST.DLL, imagehlp.dll, nvd3dumx.dll, WINMM.dll, winmmbase.dll, nvspcap64.dll, ntmarta.dll, SharpDX.DXGI.ni.dll, TextInputFramework.dll, CoreUIComponents.dll, CoreMessaging.dll, wintypes.dll, D3D9NativeServices.dll, SETUPAPI.dll, WTSAPI32.dll, AVRT.dll, dxva2.dll, opencl.dll, DEVOBJ.dll, WINSTA.dll, SharpDX.Direct3D11.ni.dll, nvwgf2umx.dll, nvopencl.dll, nvfatbinaryLoader.dll, WS2_32.dll, nvapi64.dll, d3dx9_43.dll, MediaInfoDotNet.ni.dll, usp10.dll, DirectShowLib-2005.ni.dll, MediaInfo.dll, quartz.dll, CSScriptLibrary.ni.dll, WindowsBase.ni.dll, PresentationNative_v0400.dll, jscript.dll, amsi.dll, USERENV.dll, MpOav.dll, WindowsFormsIntegration.ni.dll, PresentationCore.ni.dll, explorerframe.dll, rasapi32.dll, rasman.dll, rtutils.dll, mswsock.dll, winhttp.dll, LAVSplitter.ax, libbluray.dll, avcodec-lav-57.dll, avutil-lav-55.dll, avformat-lav-57.dll, avresample-lav-3.dll, Secur32.dll, SSPICLI.DLL, IPHLPAPI.DLL, NSI.dll, dhcpcsvc6.DLL, dhcpcsvc.DLL, DNSAPI.dll, WINNSI.DLL, rasadhlp.dll, fwpuclnt.dll, psapi.dll, schannel.DLL, qcap.dll, sxs.dll, LAVAudio.ax, MMDevAPI.DLL, PROPSYS.dll, wdmaud.drv, ksuser.dll, AUDIOSES.DLL, msacm32.drv, MSACM32.dll, midimap.dll, DDRAW.dll, DCIMAN32.dll, DSOUND.DLL, AudioTransformFilter.ax, XySubFilter.dll, WININET.dll, WINSPOOL.DRV, LAVVideo.ax, avfilter-lav-6.dll, swscale-lav-4.dll, CallbackFilter.ax, NullRendererFilter.ax, Microsoft.ExceptionMessageBox.ni.dll, Microsoft.VisualBasic.ni.dll, diasymreader.dll

------------------------------
Program Location:

w a.C.C(IScaler )
   w a.C.B(IScaler )
   w Mpdn.D3D9VideoRenderer.VideoRenderer.ag()
   w Mpdn.D3D9VideoRenderer.VideoRenderer.aG()
   w Mpdn.D3D9VideoRenderer.VideoRenderer.e(Boolean )
   w Mpdn.D3D9VideoRenderer.VideoRenderer.A(String , FrameBufferInputFormat , Int32 , Int32 , Int32 , Int32 , InterlaceFlags , Double )
   w B.M.A(String , FrameBufferInputFormat , Int32 , Int32 , YuvColorimetric , InterlaceFlags , PointF )
   w B.M.A(IMedia )
   w MediaPlayerDotNet.MainForm.A(IMedia , Boolean , Boolean , Boolean )
   w MediaPlayerDotNet.MainForm.OpenMedia(IMedia , Boolean , Boolean , Boolean , Boolean )
   w MediaPlayerDotNet.MainForm.OpenMedia(String , Boolean , Boolean , Boolean , Boolean )
   w MediaPlayerDotNet.MainForm.h.A()
   w a.S.A()
Ok it's dead. Switching to MPV. New installation did nothing.
donger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2018, 22:07   #4588  |  Link
amayra
Quality Checker

can you add assFilterMod Support please
Old 10th January 2018, 01:39   #4589  |  Link
The Dark Lord

2.49 is working again on win 10

Well the title said it all, just to report after 2018/1 win 10 update, MPDN is working again, I just seen 2 errors in extensions which I'm not sure I should post here or on github.

Superres: can't find file Downscale.hlsl
NNEDI3: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Cheers,
The Dark Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2018, 16:03   #4590  |  Link
aufkrawall

Quote:
Originally Posted by huhn View Post
yeah very unlikely it will do anything useful for video rendering.
I just tried it with my RX 560 and mpv-git and I can see gains, even on top of Vulkan gains in general.
aufkrawall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2018, 16:40   #4591  |  Link
Shiandow

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Lord View Post
I just seen 2 errors in extensions which I'm not sure I should post here or on github.

Superres: can't find file Downscale.hlsl
NNEDI3: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
Officially github would be the best place to put report extension bugs, but it sounds like the extensions weren't installed properly somehow.
Old 10th January 2018, 16:43   #4592  |  Link
Shiandow

Quote:
Originally Posted by aufkrawall View Post
I just tried it with my RX 560 and mpv-git and I can see gains, even on top of Vulkan gains in general.
Out of interest, how big of a difference do those options make in your case?
Old 10th January 2018, 18:03   #4593  |  Link
aufkrawall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiandow View Post
Out of interest, how big of a difference do those options make in your case?
It depends. It seems there needs to be some balance of graphics + compute to have gains with AC.
E.g. I gain at least 5% (in fps) when I use cscale=catmull_rom (pixel shader) and dscale=ewa_lanczos (compute shader) at the same time. But with cscale=ewa_lanczos as well, I don't gain anything or even lose a little (despite of deband being on, which should be pixel shader as well).

Without AC however, the gain over DX11 is already ~12% with vulkan-queue-count=>1 and vulkan-async-transfer.
With d3d11va-copy the gain even is ~30% (with scaling just set to bilinear), so Vulkan seems to be a huge win in general on AMD GPUs.

A bit unfortunate is that I need to force maximum clocks with ClockBlocker, otherwise there is stuttering with Vulkan because the driver doesn't clock up correctly.

Last edited by aufkrawall; 10th January 2018 at 18:05.
aufkrawall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2018, 00:34   #4594  |  Link
Heaud

Has anyone found a good combination for upscaling DVD video? So far, I have been using SSSR 3 pass with 0.2 over sharpening, 6 locality, soft mode, and OpenCL NNEDI3. Is it also possible to run another instance of SSSR for image quadrupling?
Old 25th January 2018, 02:44   #4595  |  Link
Shiandow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heaud View Post
Has anyone found a good combination for upscaling DVD video? So far, I have been using SSSR 3 pass with 0.2 over sharpening, 6 locality, soft mode, and OpenCL NNEDI3. Is it also possible to run another instance of SSSR for image quadrupling?
There's unfortunately currently no way to run SSSR twice as it always scales directly to the final size. You could make SSSR use two NNEDI3 instances though, at least, I'm fairly sure that should work.
Old 27th January 2018, 05:04   #4596  |  Link
Heaud

Trying out OpenCL NNEDI3 + Adaptive Sharpen above SSSR in the chain and it looks like it is working out well.

Oddly enough, regular NNEDI3 is giving me an error when placed in a conditional within a render chain. OpenCL NNEDI3 runs fine. Here is what the error states:
Code:
Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

~
Stack Trace:
     at Mpdn.Extensions.RenderScripts.Shiandow.NNedi3.NNedi3.CreateFilter(TTextureFilter input)
     at Mpdn.Extensions.Framework.Chain.FilterChain`1.Process(TFilter input)
     at Mpdn.Extensions.Framework.Chain.Preset`2.Process(T input)
     at Mpdn.Extensions.Framework.Chain.ScriptChain`2.<Process>b__0(T temp, Preset`2 chain)
     at System.Linq.Enumerable.Aggregate[TSource,TAccumulate](IEnumerable`1 source, TAccumulate seed, Func`3 func)
     at Mpdn.Extensions.Framework.Chain.ScriptChain`2.Process(T input)
     at Mpdn.Extensions.Framework.Chain.Preset`2.Process(T input)
     at Mpdn.Extensions.Framework.Chain.ScriptChain`2.<Process>b__0(T temp, Preset`2 chain)
     at System.Linq.Enumerable.Aggregate[TSource,TAccumulate](IEnumerable`1 source, TAccumulate seed, Func`3 func)
     at Mpdn.Extensions.Framework.Chain.ScriptChain`2.Process(T input)
     at Mpdn.Extensions.Framework.Chain.FilterChainScript`2.UpdateFilter()
Is it a problem on my end?

edit: reopening the video with NNEDI3 still loaded in the conditional within a render chain does not cause an error. The error can only be replicated when loading NNEDI3 for the first time inside the conditional without opening the configuration menu for the shader.

Last edited by Heaud; 27th January 2018 at 05:16.
Old 9th February 2018, 02:09   #4597  |  Link
onemoar

ok I am trying to get my head around the script chain syntax
this is what I am putting in the "conditional config box"

If SourceSize.Width < 1280 and NeedsUpscaling, use script chain

but when I click ok it just spits

Syntax Error

error in script ('conditional'):

Expected ')'

nothing on the gitpage or any examples I have seen use ) in the script .
what I am I missing >
onemoar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2018, 03:05   #4598  |  Link
sneaker_ger

Quote:
Originally Posted by onemoar View Post
what I am I missing >
A ")"?

Post your script.
sneaker_ger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2018, 18:43   #4599  |  Link
onemoar

what script I am attempting todo this from the gui the one line I posted is what I was trying to configure

this thing is very poorly documented

there's no clear config for maximum quality or auto config for scaling scripts everything is at least 3 menus down in the ui ...

very confusing

Last edited by onemoar; 10th February 2018 at 19:04.
onemoar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2018, 07:50   #4600  |  Link
Heaud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiandow View Post
There's unfortunately currently no way to run SSSR twice as it always scales directly to the final size. You could make SSSR use two NNEDI3 instances though, at least, I'm fairly sure that should work.
Does this also apply to SuperRes? Wondering what would be the better way to sharpen a NNEDI3 upscale before feeding it down the chain to SSSR.

Tags
direct3d, mpdn, nnedi3, opencl, reclock