Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > Decrypting
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 3rd January 2007, 01:38   #261  |  Link
Jerky_san

In the new FAQ it has changed a little bit..

-Where are title keys?

The title keys are encrypted on the disk.

-What is the volume key?

The volume key is the key used to decrypt the title keys. So the volume key is all you need to decrypt a movie.

-Where is the volume key?

The volume key is the result of several complex decryption process. Read AACS doc for more details.

The last being the most interesting to me.. I've been following all of your conversation.. I would buy an HD-DVD player and work all day on it but the fact of the matter is I'm broke and must work lol..

P.S. dang I really never posted since I registered lol?
Jerky_san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2007, 01:58   #262  |  Link
edo1080

GREAT MUSLIX64 !!! Thank you for your work, you've shown us the way, now we have to work on finding the keys. You have delivered what you promised, Thanks again.

Quote:
The title keys are encrypted on the disk
Yes, but they are also in unencrypted form somewhere in the memory (according to the faq of the 1st vesrion released by Muslix64).
edo1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2007, 02:04   #263  |  Link
Jerky_san

Yes but perhaps the other keys must be assembled with this "volume key". That or your going to be looking for a very long time.. At least he/she perhaps made it more simple for us since now we just must hunt down this "volume key" which maybe easier to find then hunting down a key that at one point is encrypted. But perhaps we are making it more difficult then it seems..
Jerky_san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2007, 02:09   #264  |  Link
edo1080

Quote:
we are making it more difficult then it seems
Yes you could be right, anyway the only way I can figure right now is IDA PRO used with PowerDVD 6.5 and setting breakpoints when PowerDVD is loading the movie. IDA PRO lets you see the map of memory at the breakpoint and then you could start a search over all the 32 bits long words in memory and test them as title keys (if they are not too much) or test the words with length equal to the length of volume keys as volume keys. This is only an idea, but I haven't tested it yet and since this test will require a lot of time I don't know if I'll have the time before the end of CES
edo1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2007, 02:20   #265  |  Link
noclip

Muslix64: You could say things like "I needed to use a debugger" or "I just looked at a memory dump" and you wouldn't be breaking any law.

Thanks and all, but it's a little bit suspicious of you to deliberately avoid saying anything at all. Are you or have you ever been a <strike>member of the Communist</strike> employee of the Sony Corporation?
noclip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2007, 02:35   #266  |  Link
woah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazyn00b View Post
**** Sorry, but without even one working key this is nothing but speculation.

Sure, the BackupHDDVD program looks nice, but without verifiable proof that a volume key has been actually been extracted, this is nothing to get excited about.

Frankly, I now suspect that the youtube video is a hoax, and that muslix64 is just hoping against hope that some superhacker out there will figure out where PowerDVD HD hides the keys.

agreed.. gg
woah! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2007, 02:42   #267  |  Link
trbarry

Well, I'm guessing that even in this day and age I'm personally allowed to speculate on how to decode the movies since I haven't read the AACS doc, don't really have a clue, and thus no information to divulge to anyone except general software principles.

But obviously given both a player and a disc the sum total of available info must be enough to play the movie. And, according to Muslix64's FAQ, both the ECC-160 and AES-128 algorithms are used for decryption purposes. If I had an army of abnormally dedicated programmers (I'm not asking for one here!) I'd disassemble a player (any player) and find the functions called to perform both decoding algorithms. Then I would set breakpoints at the beginning and end of them and see what data was being passed and returned.

But I do not own an HD DVD player, don't consider myself that sort of hacker, and have no intention of doing this. Nor am I sure Muslix64 did.

- Tom
Old 3rd January 2007, 03:40   #268  |  Link
blutach
Country Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by noclip View Post
Thanks and all, but it's a little bit suspicious of you to deliberately avoid saying anything at all. Are you or have you ever been a <strike>member of the Communist</strike> employee of the Sony Corporation?
Must I continue to remind members about rule 4?

Can we please discuss the technical and practical merits of this program without calling other forum members' reputations into question?

Regards

Only use genuine Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden media.
blutach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2007, 03:55   #269  |  Link
noclip

Quote:
Originally Posted by blutach View Post
Must I continue to remind members about rule 4?

Can we please discuss the technical and practical merits of this program without calling other forum members' reputations into question?

Regards
That was a joke. It's obvious that he doesn't want to say more to avoid being sued, not because he works for Sony.
noclip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2007, 04:04   #270  |  Link
blutach
Country Member

It didn't come across that way to me. I would appreciate it if members would not make such statements since they may be misinterpreted.

Regards

Only use genuine Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden media.
blutach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2007, 05:01   #271  |  Link
generalnewbie

has anyone tested this to see the keys get extracted? i dont have a hd dvd addon or i would.
generalnewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2007, 05:11   #272  |  Link
moshmothma

Thanks muslix64 - this looks to be the start of something very cool! Have a good break.
moshmothma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2007, 05:26   #273  |  Link
Adub
Fighting spam with a fish

@GeneralNewbie
Read the thread! We have yet to find the keys first. BackupHDDVD does not provide the keys, we have to supply them. Well, we actually have to find them first.
Old 3rd January 2007, 07:54   #274  |  Link
ioakougroup

good news....

Its good news that some unreakable protections finally ...break...and melt like...ice cream in front of some smart hackers...persons like muslix64 are the meaning of this sharing community...That was the first step against that HDDVD AACS protection system...be sure that will be next... steps very soon...according to many reactions...!:lol:***********************

Last edited by ioakougroup; 3rd January 2007 at 07:57.
ioakougroup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2007, 08:03   #275  |  Link
OverlordQ

You know, reading over the AACS doc I dont think I ever saw a thing called a Volume key or anything similar.
OverlordQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2007, 08:15   #276  |  Link
generalnewbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlin7777 View Post
@GeneralNewbie
Read the thread! We have yet to find the keys first. BackupHDDVD does not provide the keys, we have to supply them. Well, we actually have to find them first.

Sorry mate i had the assumption that the first release didn't tell you how to get the keys or the app, but i thought in his second release he would include in the app a method of obtaining the keys. I guess nothings changed and we are still left to figure out how to get the keys. So far i find this app useless until some more light is shed on getting the keys. I mean we are to understand that the data being read from memory is decrypted by the key. But how does one read Memory and what its doing?
generalnewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2007, 09:03   #277  |  Link
calinb

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverlordQ View Post
You know, reading over the AACS doc I dont think I ever saw a thing called a Volume key or anything similar.
Advanced Access Content System (AACS), Pre-recorded Video Book Section 3.3:

The Volume Unique Key and/or the Volume Variant Unique Keys are used to encrypt and decrypt the Title Keys stored on the pre-recorded media, in a manner that is described in the given Format-specific book of this specification.
calinb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2007, 09:19   #278  |  Link
aiataga

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverlordQ View Post
http://www.aacsla.com/specifications...e_to_0_911.pdf

3.4 Title Key File
An AACS Disc shall have at least one Title Key File (TKF) in which each Title Key data is
encrypted by AES-128E with Ku. Ku is the Volume Unique Key (Kvu).

... is the Volume Unique Key defined in the <i>AACS Pre-recorded Video Book</i>.

... The Player passes the ... to the AACS module which <b>has already generated</b> the Volume Unique Key.
aiataga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2007, 10:23   #279  |  Link
zeroprobe

would softice do the trick? Got all the tools just need the hddvd addon
zeroprobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2007, 10:33   #280  |  Link
vsv

I searched more info about BackupHDDVD and have found interesting files.

[links deleted per forum rule 6]

Last edited by Guest; 3rd January 2007 at 14:51. Reason: rule 6
vsv is offline   Reply With Quote