Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > New and alternative a/v containers

Old 3rd March 2002, 13:44   #1  |  Link
ChristianHJW

Are there more detailled Ogg specs lying at Vorbis dev team ?

Please allow me to draw your attention to this thread here : http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/...4789#post10119 .

Are there any more defined Ogg specs we dont know of ? Do we all probably have wrong impression of what Ogg format is ? And is Tobias aware of them ?

We all know tangent as a very experienced member and audio encoding expert and its very interesting to learn he is talking to Monty from time to time ... i guess i will PM him here, he should be able to ask Monty if we could have a draft of some more defined Ogg specs ...
Old 4th March 2002, 07:10   #2  |  Link
tangent
Ogg + Vorbis + XviD

Monty made a reply to the Hydrogen Audio board, but please do not expect him to visit either that forum or here very often. He really doesn't have the time for that, however he will definitely reply if you look for him by email. IRC is not recommended - he usually goes in there to relax. Best place would be to join the vorbis-dev mailing list at http://www.xiph.org/archives
tangent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2002, 11:34   #3  |  Link
ChristianHJW

tangent,

thanks a lot ( i dont know if you arranged this or not but it doesnt hurt to say thank you in case you did ).

Finally we have a chance to talk to him adn to start a fertile conversation. I sent a mail to the MCF dev team at mcf-devel@lists.sourceforge.net asking the guys to either meet him on IRC or to mail him.

Especially Tobias should talk to him soon i guess, Monty seems to be a bit afraid that Tobias filters are not conform with Ogg specs in every respect. Of course, he maybe should launch a better documentation ( i know this is very time consuming ) and a lot of things would habe been correct out front ..
Old 7th March 2002, 10:37   #4  |  Link
TobiasWaldvogel

I'm in contact with Monty and I have released a first part of the documentation on tobias.everwicked.com . I will keep you informed. Anyway you can be sure that if I would have to make any change in the design it will be ALWAYS backward compatible, so you will not loose anything you've done until now.

Best regards,
Tobias
TobiasWaldvogel is offline   Reply With Quote