Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD & BD Rebuilder

Old 11th July 2011, 18:24   #781  |  Link
OgonBatto

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
I'll look at a way to make it easier -- but you can do that now (at least for titles that are all in one M2TS).

1. After encoding of the main feature M2TS is completed and before rebuild starts, stop the job.
2. Replace the .SUP file for the track you want to change with the one you created.
3. Resume the job.

BD-RB then rebuilds with the .SUPs that are there, whether they are the original or your own.

You could also wait until the entire job is complete, and then do step 2 followed by starting the job. When it says "Resume?" -- just say yes. It will redo the rebuild, but not the encoding.
Hi jdobbs,
Thank you for the tip!!
OgonBatto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2011, 19:41   #782  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by OgonBatto View Post
Hi jdobbs,
Thank you for the tip!!
Let me know how it works out.
Old 11th July 2011, 20:57   #783  |  Link
OgonBatto

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
Let me know how it works out.
Ok, I will do the test on weekend. Thanks!
Old 15th July 2011, 15:50   #784  |  Link
OgonBatto

Hi jdobbs,
I did the test. It's worked like a charm!
After the entire job was completed, I replaced the .sup file and started / resumed the job.
So, using an hex editor, I changed the 3 letters idiom on the correspondent playlist and clipinf.
Hope you understand my bad english.
Thank you so much!
Old 18th July 2011, 16:08   #785  |  Link
Ch3vr0n

Jdobbs i was wondering if you've thought already about the previously mentioned idea by me and several others to have a 3rd path labelled "Output Path" to minimize HDD overhead even more. It would seriously decrease my "encoding workload". Also how's that idea comming along i pmed about, any progress on that ?
Ch3vr0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2011, 09:11   #786  |  Link
JoeH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ch3vr0n View Post
Jdobbs i was wondering if you've thought already about the previously mentioned idea by me and several others to have a 3rd path labelled "Output Path" to minimize HDD overhead even more. It would seriously decrease my "encoding workload".
+1
JoeH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2011, 17:17   #787  |  Link
setarip_old

DTS Express

@jdobbs

Of all the suggestions and requests for enhancing BD Rebuilder, I believe there's only one that would actually address information that exists on some Blu-rays that BD Rebuilder is still unable to process - namely, "DTS Express" audiostreams.

I would respectfully request that, for the sake of completeness, "DTS Express" should be at the top of the list regarding enhancements (Obviously, bug fixes take priority over this and other such requests)...
setarip_old is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2011, 22:16   #788  |  Link
djmasturbeat

I am really hoping for a stable blanking feature.
I know you said you have been running into snags trying to implement it, and I am not surprised.

I can do this sometimes with programs like Clown_BD BD Copier, but as I use this feature a lot for splitting series BD50s to 2xBD25, this plain doesn't always work. One of the main causes of a borked split disc is "Play All" (of course). Not all discs with this actually come out bad, but many do. I actually had some success on some discs that failed in other programs, by just making very small dummy m2ts files in place of the episodes m2ts. For some reason this comes out better than the ones reauthored by Copier (tried both regular and TSMuxer mode, btw) and other software. I am sure this is really fudging it, but for whatever this works at times when other methods don't. It results in sometimes a rather long pause starting the second disc by way of "Play All" (much like the pause that occurs when using play all on second disc of after doing a DVD9 split with VobBlanker... it has to run through the blanked m2ts first... unfortunately we don't have a BD equivalent of pgcedit or atleast one I know of or understand how to use, since for me, trying to figure out BDEdit is a mess, and it still has no manual)
Sometimes these discs just plain don't want to be split tho, no matter what I have tried. they may play the menu fine but get stuck there. some play the logos and other first play items, but that is IT. stops even before the menu.
The worst cases are ones with only one MPLS for all of the episodes on the disc (seriously). there might be other MPLS files, but they are just logos and play first adverts and the sort. If I try to split these types the best version of the second half of the disc that I get is one with video but no audio.

I know the feature that you are working on that should work once blanking does, is the ability for things like menu and extras. I do this kind of thing a lot too. Make a BD25 of movie or movie+menu, and make a BD5 (or 2 or 3) of extras +menu. they also can have really weird issues.
heck, sometimes just blanking things in Copier and doing a movie and menu sometimes also results in an unplayable disc (getting stuck at menu or logos, etc)

anyhow, I know I don't know anything about how this stuff really works, but I can appreciate, from my laymanview, the complexity of this request, what with all the ways clips can be called, etc, etc.

So, yes this is my most sought-after feature, so thanks for continuing to work on this difficult feature that is deceptively though by some as easy to create. I hope I have enough spare $ around to donate when this one gets added. I am poor, but I certainly will try to find a way to chip in something for this feature =)

I also would like to be able to have different Work path and Output path. It is available in DVDRB, but seems to be even more important for such large files as these. For overhead and just drive space issues it is a really big feature I would lie to see.

Last edited by djmasturbeat; 14th September 2011 at 22:30.
djmasturbeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2011, 15:27   #789  |  Link
Capsbackup

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmasturbeat View Post
So, yes this is my most sought-after feature, so thanks for continuing to work on this difficult feature that is deceptively though by some as easy to create. I hope I have enough spare $ around to donate when this one gets added. I am poor, but I certainly will try to find a way to chip in something for this feature =)
With so many features already, it does not sound very good to offer a donation IF a feature is added!
Thankfully jdobbs is generous enough to offer BD-RB for free.
Capsbackup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th August 2011, 05:56   #790  |  Link
KarstenS

An other request (I hope Its not requested hunded of times earlier):

An option to rebuild for Smartphone playback (iOS, Android, WP7).

There are many converters, that convert DVDs to Smartphone compatible format. But I don't owe DVDs anymore. So converting BDs to a Smartphone compatible format (with good quality) would be nice to watch my movies, when I'am not at home. Resizing to, for example, 800x480 should reduce the output size too.
KarstenS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th August 2011, 06:25   #791  |  Link
omegaman7

Resolution has nothing to do with output size. Bitrate on the other hand does. However, a smartphone needs little more than 320 x 240 at a small bitrate to look reasonable. So a small file size is indeed doable.

I would think the ipod MP4 output would be enough for a smartphone. But I don't use my phone like that, so I don't know :S
omegaman7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th August 2011, 13:49   #792  |  Link
jdobbs

I'm not sure all the smartphones use the same video formats, so I'd need to get specifics. It's likely you can do it already if you created your own profile in ALTERNATE.TXT (look in the "Misc" folder). If you do, let me know the settings that work and I can add them to the default file that gets distributed.
Old 12th August 2011, 19:01   #793  |  Link
KarstenS

I want to recode to Windows Phone 7. Actually, they all have a resolution of 800x480 pixel.

I will take my first try with this set:

caption=Windows Phone 7, 720x480/576, 128Kbs AAC
vBitrate=1009
aBitrate=128
aType=1
vFormat=6
cType=2
Old 12th August 2011, 20:31   #794  |  Link
KarstenS

The result got played back on the phone, but with wrong aspect ratio (got streched in height).

I tried the IPad MP4 HD 1280x720, 128kbps AAC, but at sync Zune converted it again. I think because of too big resolution.

I've calculated the a little bit. 800x450 would be the 16:9 resolution for recoding for playback on the display without resizing in the phone.

Last edited by KarstenS; 12th August 2011 at 20:56.
Old 16th August 2011, 02:29   #795  |  Link
had-z

I'm posting here because i don't know if this is a bug or a feature that was in past builds and removed in the latest builds.

Here is the problem:
- Before if i want to do a backup of a disc that oversizes the BD25 capacity by a few MB or 1 GB (excluding the HD Audio/s), BD_RB keep the main feature intact and re-encode only the extras. (i.e. Troy, original size was 24,xx gb without the HD audios)
- Now if i want to do a backup of a source disc with exactly 24gb without the HD Audios BD_RB encode the extras and the movie (the movie weights 15,7gb VC-1) obviously is no necesary the reencode of the movie to fit in a BD25 disk. (The disc i'm talking is 300)

The option for output in BD_RB is 24400MB (larger than the BD25 default)

Cheers.
had-z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2011, 17:59   #796  |  Link
Ch3vr0n

Jdobbs, i was wondering. I'm using a software program to organise my movie collection and it has the option to set the audio / subtitle streams on the disc. Now i just started to update my collection and for speeding things up i picked BDRB to identify the streams. However the thing is directors comments (both subs & audio) are identified as language only. Is there a way to indicate in the tree if it's commentary audio, commentary subs, audio/subs for hard of hearing, ... I don't know if this can be determined from the BD structure, that's your thing. Thats the reason i'm asking. It would significantly improve the accuracy of my database in "Movie Collector" from Collectorz.com

Also wondering if it would be possible to display the movie runtime next to the Discname at the very top. Eg:

Carriers (84min)
---VID_00007 ....

Last edited by Ch3vr0n; 27th August 2011 at 18:02.
Old 27th August 2011, 18:16   #797  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ch3vr0n View Post
Jdobbs, i was wondering. I'm using a software program to organise my movie collection and it has the option to set the audio / subtitle streams on the disc. Now i just started to update my collection and for speeding things up i picked BDRB to identify the streams. However the thing is directors comments (both subs & audio) are identified as language only. Is there a way to indicate in the tree if it's commentary audio, commentary subs, audio/subs for hard of hearing, ... I don't know if this can be determined from the BD structure, that's your thing. Thats the reason i'm asking. It would significantly improve the accuracy of my database in "Movie Collector" from Collectorz.com

Also wondering if it would be possible to display the movie runtime next to the Discname at the very top. Eg:

Carriers (84min)
---VID_00007 ....
I'm away from my computers for the next week or so -- but I'll do a little research when I get back.
Old 27th August 2011, 21:58   #798  |  Link
Ch3vr0n

How's it going with that other idea of mine we discussed over pm a while back
Old 9th September 2011, 07:49   #799  |  Link
longtom

Forced subtitles

Any possibility to see which subtitles are forced ones?
(to see which sub is forced after extracting the main movie and all subtitles of one language would be enough).

Normally i extract main movie, 1 language and all subs to that language. Then i convert it with H264 Turbo from Elgato to AppleTV format. In the new version also subtitles are supported, so i want to select only the forced on.

Thanks!
longtom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2011, 10:38   #800  |  Link
longtom

So, i learned now a little bit more on forced subtitles.
Great would be if BD Rebuilder extracts ONLY the forced subtitles of a subtitle track. (e.g. Pavtube Blu-Ray ripper has such a feature, but makes not as good conversions as Elgato).
Then in Elgato i can select these subtitles and then its hardcoded.

@jdobbs would this be possible? Thx!
longtom is offline   Reply With Quote