Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > Decrypting

Old 25th March 2008, 16:34   #21  |  Link
Mirx

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperGoof View Post
'classes.zip' file has been updated to support "I, Robot" (US).

Please let me know if it works now.
It now recognises the Region Coding and says it removed it. Creating an image with ImgBurn now to test and will let you know in about 20 minutes...

Edit: Works like a charm. Boots wirhout problems now, and a quick scan of the disc showed no problems on the rest of the playback. Thanx alot for the quick fix!!!

Last edited by Mirx; 25th March 2008 at 17:03.
Mirx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2008, 16:55   #22  |  Link
-oMLeTTe-

Did not work with Die Hard 3. It removed the region code, but when I now try to mount it and play it in powerdvd it says "internal error occured".
-oMLeTTe- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2008, 18:03   #23  |  Link
SuperGoof

Quote:
Originally Posted by -oMLeTTe- View Post
Did not work with Die Hard 3. It removed the region code, but when I now try to mount it and play it in powerdvd it says "internal error occured".
This is strange. I have this disc too (I used your logfile though when I was implementing it's support). I have just copied most of the files (excluding huge .m2ts streams) to the hard drive and set PowerDVD to Region C. When I opened the folder in PowerDVD (I use version 3319a), it showed a screen "Please use Region A player etc.". Then I ran "Blu-ray Region Code Remover", which removed the region code. Now PowerDVD starts playing the folder just fine. No errors whatsoever. So I think the error you are receiving is due to something else. Did you use UDF 2.5 while creating .iso?
SuperGoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2008, 23:39   #24  |  Link
-oMLeTTe-

Turned out to be an issue with powerdvd which disappeared after reinstalling it. Works now.
Great work!
-oMLeTTe- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2008, 07:51   #25  |  Link
3r1c

Just a observation.

The thread you reference http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=122283 is incorrect.

The function shown there when removed will remove the region check, however this is not the root function of the region check.
Its just code specific to that title.

The root function which requests the region from the player (and this will always be a constant, no matter what movie) is RegisterAccess.getInstance().getPSR(20) which is an integer containing the region.

Last edited by 3r1c; 26th March 2008 at 07:53.
3r1c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2008, 10:43   #26  |  Link
SuperGoof

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3r1c View Post
Just a observation.

The thread you reference http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=122283 is incorrect.

The function shown there when removed will remove the region check, however this is not the root function of the region check.
Its just code specific to that title.

The root function which requests the region from the player (and this will always be a constant, no matter what movie) is RegisterAccess.getInstance().getPSR(20) which is an integer containing the region.
I actually do not do exactly what is suggested in that thread. I do not target .class files with the main function, which checks the region. Instead I target .class files which contain region check functions called by that main function. You can see this if you open my classes.zip file and have a look at class files there and index.xml file. When I was developing this, the only title I had was "Fantastic Four 2". It had those region check functions in 'com/panasonic/common/theatre/LocalBDPlayer.class' file in 00001.jar archive. I thought that maybe such files are reused from title to title, and one such file recompiled for 3 regions and included in my database will cover many titles. Now I understand that it was rather naive to think that, and I still end up with title-by-title work. But anyway, this is better than nothing. The main thing is that there is infrastructure in place and support for new titles can easily be added.
Old 27th March 2008, 09:49   #27  |  Link
zorglob

Did not work with Die Hard. It removed the region code, but when I now try to mount it and play it in powerdvd it says "This disc is region A only...blablabla..."

PS : I send you the log file by mail
zorglob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2008, 16:09   #28  |  Link
SuperGoof

Version 2.0 of this program is now available. Due to brand new java .class file parser it supports removing of region code from ALL Blu-ray titles.

Many thanks to 3r1c for very inspirational post: http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.ph...76#post1117476.
Old 2nd April 2008, 02:49   #29  |  Link
|nitrogen|

Version 2.0 did not work with Independence day (EU). It said region code removed but would not play in PDVD.
Log sent.

Last edited by |nitrogen|; 2nd April 2008 at 02:54.
|nitrogen| is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2008, 07:46   #30  |  Link
SuperGoof

Quote:
Originally Posted by |nitrogen| View Post
Version 2.0 did not work with Independence day (EU). It said region code removed but would not play in PDVD.
Log sent.
I think I figured out why this happened. Latest versions of AnyDVD make modifications to MovieObject.bdmv file to remove some BD+ related info, yet when my program modifies this file, it first copies the original version from the BACKUP folder, then does region code related modifications, and thus it overrides those BD+ related changes in this file. The fix is coming soon.

Thanks a lot for your post and the log file. They were very helpful indeed.

EDIT: By the way, to fix this, just copy MovieObject.bdmv file from disc (with AnyDVD enabled) to movie's BDMV folder on a hard drive after you run "Blu-ray Region Code Remover".

Last edited by SuperGoof; 2nd April 2008 at 08:19.
Old 2nd April 2008, 07:49   #31  |  Link
3r1c

Quote:
I think I figured out why this happened. Latest versions of AnyDVD make modifications to MovieObject.bdmv file to remove some BD+ related info, yet when my program modifies this file, it first copies the original version from the BACKUP folder, then does region code related modifications, and thus it overrides those BD+ related changes in this file. The fix is coming soon.

are you saying that anydvd is modifying the main movieobject.bdmv but not its backup?
if so then this bug should be reported to slysoft.
Old 2nd April 2008, 07:55   #32  |  Link
SuperGoof

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3r1c View Post
are you saying that anydvd is modifying the main movieobject.bdmv but not its backup?
if so then this bug should be reported to slysoft.
No, why should it modify files in the BACKUP folder? They are not used for playback anyway. Also, I would still prefer the BACKUP to have the original version of this file.

AnyDVD sometimes guesses wrong about the region in 'Automatic' mode, and after region code modifications are made in movieobject.bdmv, it is not possible to apply them again using different region. That is why I was first copying this file from the BACKUP folder in the first place.

Last edited by SuperGoof; 2nd April 2008 at 07:58.
Old 2nd April 2008, 07:58   #33  |  Link
3r1c

Because the backup file is a backup, not an alternate version.
Its so if the disc is damage and the player cant read the main file it will try to read the backup.

The "backup" folder is not a anydvd invention to backup the original, the backup folder is part of the blu-ray specification, they are supposed to be the same.
Old 2nd April 2008, 08:06   #34  |  Link
SuperGoof

In my opinion, it is useless part of the specification. If main movieobject.bdmv is damaged, there is a big likelihood that large part of useful content on disc is damaged as well, even if movieobject.bdmv in the BACKUP folder is intact.
Old 2nd April 2008, 19:48   #35  |  Link
SuperGoof

Quote:

EDIT: By the way, to fix this, just copy MovieObject.bdmv file from disc (with AnyDVD enabled) to movie's BDMV folder on a hard drive after you run "Blu-ray Region Code Remover".
@|nitrogen|

Actually, now I'm not sure. I mean, the problem does exist and the fix is coming, but it should only affect movies which have both BD+ and region check by MovieObject.bdmv, like "Live Free Or Die Hard", for example. In case of your movie the region check is done by BD-Java script, and my program does not modify MovieObject.bdmv, unless you select "Restore the original region code" option. And since in your log MovieObject.bdmv is different in BDMV and BDMV\BACKUP folders, you didn't. What exaxtly is the problem with the playback? What message do you get?

Last edited by SuperGoof; 2nd April 2008 at 19:50.
Old 2nd April 2008, 21:07   #36  |  Link
|nitrogen|

I created an ISO with imgburn 2.4. I got 'no disc in drive' error in PDVD 3730. I went back and created a missing META folder in BDVM, then re; ISO'd it. Then I got 'region code' error. I ran region code remover, then it loaded (no errors) but froze at blank screen, no menu or anything. I then recreated the original, with folder fix, and changed PDVD to region 'B' and it worked ,so I'm assuming it's something wrong with the region code remover.
Old 2nd April 2008, 21:57   #37  |  Link
SuperGoof

@3r1c

The "Independence Day" log you sent here is the same as |nitrogen|'s. Can you please tell whether region removing worked for ID after I made modifications for this particular movie? Also, can you please rip this disc with new version of AnyDVD with BD+ removing enabled, then run "Blu-ray Region Code Remover 2.0" (with Region B, I suppose), and then check whether it plays or not in PDVD set to region A or C. I don't know which version of PowerDVD you are using, but can you please also create an .iso with ImgBurn (with UDF 2.5) and try to play the mounted iso as well (with recent versions you will have to it anyway). Frankly, I don't know what could be the problem with this movie. Everything looks fine for me.

Thanks in advance. Your help will be very much appreciated.

And anyone who happened to have "Independence Day" (UK version), could you please do this experiment if you have time and wish. Or if you already did it, could you please tell the results. Thanks.

Last edited by SuperGoof; 2nd April 2008 at 22:07.
Old 3rd April 2008, 03:25   #38  |  Link
SuperGoof

Version 2.1 is released. This fixes that issue with "Blu-ray Region Code Remover" overriding BD+ related modifications in MovieObject.bdmv file, made by AnyDVD.

@|nitrogen|

Can you please try to re-do "Independence Day" from the beginning using the new version 2.1.
Old 3rd April 2008, 04:02   #39  |  Link
SuperGoof

Updated the program yet again: just changed the text in one of the message boxes.
Old 3rd April 2008, 08:26   #40  |  Link
|nitrogen|

I re extracted it and tried it in pdvdd3730, but still gives the region code error... I will try again tomorrow (in dept) and report back.
Thanks for all the efort.