Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 5th February 2016, 11:53   #4941  |  Link
adem940

Quote:
Originally Posted by LigH View Post
Oh, I found the log. For some reason, I don't see images on tinypic as inline images because they get wrapped with a whole ad-loaded HTML page when deep-linked.
_

Not using AviSynth MT when your script contains SetMTMode() functions will certainly result in errors. If you enabled MeGUI always using its internal AviSynth, this is not AviSynth MT; you would have to disable that and use the substitute MT avisynth.dll in your Windows\SysWOW64 directory.

To test this suspected reason, comment out both lines with SetMTMode.
_

To use another source filter instead of DirectShowSource, you could use the MeGUI tool "AVS Script Creator", open the MKV, and select the "Indexer"; the new generated AviSynth script will contain the code used to open the MKV with LwLibavVideoSource or FFVideoSource. Try to substitute the DirectShowSource line in your script with this entry (and the related LoadPlugin + Import if present).
I disabled internal avisynth as you said, also changed the path in script so now that ''Prefer DSS2 over DirectShowSource'' is not grayed out anymore, I checked that box, however still same arrow, what should I do with the ''avisynth.dll'' file in SysWOW64?

how do I get Avisynth MT? I think that's the source of my problem, log file says ''Script error: there is no function named "SetMTMode"''

Last edited by adem940; 5th February 2016 at 12:29.
adem940 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2016, 12:42   #4942  |  Link
LigH
German doom9/Gleitz SuMo

At first, try to comment out the SetMTMode lines by putting a '#' in front.

Regarding AviSynth MT, see the AviSynth MT thread in this forum and the AviSynth Wiki about MT functions since v2.5.7.5.

New German Gleitz board
MediaFire: x264 | x265 | VPx | AOM | Xvid
LigH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2016, 12:49   #4943  |  Link
adem940

Quote:
At first, try to comment out the SetMTMode lines by putting a '#' in front.

Regarding AviSynth MT, see the AviSynth MT thread in this forum and the AviSynth Wiki about MT functions since v2.5.7.5.
I put # in front of both SetMT lines, now it is working, does that mean it disabled MT? does it affect quality? (I am really glad it is working now!)
Old 5th February 2016, 13:24   #4944  |  Link
LigH
German doom9/Gleitz SuMo

MT (multi-threading) can only be disabled if it is available at all. The default installation of AviSynth has no multi-threading functions available at all, therefore the error messages notified you of their absence.

It should not affect quality, only speed. The MT version of AviSynth should be able to use several cores of your CPU to filter video frames in parallel, but that requires some quirks sometimes. At least a good bit more experience.

New German Gleitz board

Last edited by LigH; 5th February 2016 at 13:26.
Old 5th February 2016, 13:26   #4945  |  Link
adem940

Quote:
It should not affect quality, only speed. The MT (multi-threaded) version of AviSynth should be able to use several cores of your CPU to filter video frames in parallel, but that requires some quirks sometimes. At least a good bit more experience.

FINAL UPDATE: I followed the avisynth MT guide you shared, now it is working with setMT lines too, thank you very much for answers LigH and Groucho2004, you guys saved my life xDD
Old 5th February 2016, 13:34   #4946  |  Link
LigH
German doom9/Gleitz SuMo

Great...

Now the topic may return to MeGUI. AviSynth MT was only marginally related. It would not have worked in any GUI. Even without any GUI.

New German Gleitz board
Old 6th February 2016, 03:06   #4947  |  Link
LouieChuckyMerry

adem940: Happy Saturday! and you might find these excellent tools helpful, now or in the future, for troubleshooting and-or testing (and thanks Groucho2004 ):

AvisynthInfoTool

and

AVSMeter
LouieChuckyMerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2016, 15:20   #4948  |  Link
adem940

Quote:
Originally Posted by LouieChuckyMerry View Post
adem940: Happy Saturday! and you might find these excellent tools helpful, now or in the future, for troubleshooting and-or testing (and thanks Groucho2004 ):

AvisynthInfoTool

and

AVSMeter

thanks, I will check them.

also I wonder if there is a fix for this error;

''Process exits with error: 0xC0000005 STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION (-1073741819)''
Old 8th February 2016, 15:38   #4949  |  Link
LigH
German doom9/Gleitz SuMo

This exception tells little; at most: "Something went really wrong, and then tried to access memory not assigned to this process". But what and why? Hard to know. The reason may even be a data error in the video to be decoded when this happens later during the conversion; did you post details anywhere? At least it is rather improbable that the reason is in the MeGUI application as such.

New German Gleitz board
Old 8th February 2016, 15:42   #4950  |  Link
adem940

Quote:
This exception tells little; at most: "Something went really wrong, and then tried to access memory not assigned to this process". But what and why? Hard to know. The reason may even be a data error in the video to be decoded when this happens later during the conversion; did you post details anywhere? At least it is rather improbable that the reason is in the MeGUI application as such.
to be honest, this happened to me a couple of times, I read in another forums someone said this ''just replace x264 with an older version'' I did that, meGUI updated it back to latest version and it magically started to work lol then it happened again, I did same, worked again, repeated this every time I got this error.

but today I encoded a video, it had no problem, then encoded another one, it gave me this error, replacing x264 didn't work, so I wanted to ask here.
Old 8th February 2016, 15:54   #4951  |  Link
LigH
German doom9/Gleitz SuMo

When you try the same video with the same encoder and the same script several times, and it crashes only sometimes, then you should possibly be suspicious of your memory or CPU and check if they may overheat. If it crashes reliably always about at the same percentage of progress inside the movie, then the source file is probably corrupt. If it crashes always alreay when loading an AviSynth script, then something with AviSynth and its plugins may be broken. If you do a 2-pass encode and it always crashes when the 2nd pass runs directly after the 1st, there may be issues with the stats file. — Do you need more different reasons? If not, please start telling us more technical details about the circumstances when the crash happens and how well it is reproducable without changing anything, or with only little changes.

New German Gleitz board
Old 8th February 2016, 16:31   #4952  |  Link
adem940

Quote:
When you try the same video with the same encoder and the same script several times, and it crashes only sometimes, then you should possibly be suspicious of your memory or CPU and check if they may overheat. If it crashes reliably always about at the same percentage of progress inside the movie, then the source file is probably corrupt. If it crashes always alreay when loading an AviSynth script, then something with AviSynth and its plugins may be broken. If you do a 2-pass encode and it always crashes when the 2nd pass runs directly after the 1st, there may be issues with the stats file. — Do you need more different reasons? If not, please start telling us more technical details about the circumstances when the crash happens and how well it is reproducable without changing anything, or with only little changes.
encoding always stops at 0,29% tried another video, crashed at same place, replaced x264, this time crashed at 78%.

things I did just now;

-uninstalled lav filters (cleaned residual files)
-restarted my computer.
-reinstalled lav filters
-replaced x264 again.
-changed megui updater to developer, my version was 2624, now it updated to 2627

and now it works again, it is weird
Old 8th February 2016, 16:44   #4953  |  Link
LigH
German doom9/Gleitz SuMo

This is so unspecific and random, I'd guess it's RAM overheating. Did you overclock? When did you clean your PC the last time? Is it a workstation PC or a laptop?

Quote:
Originally Posted by adem940 View Post
encoding always stops at 0,29% tried another video, crashed at same place...
My guess: The system was still hot, so it crashed early in both cases.

Quote:
... replaced x264, this time crashed at 78%.
My guess: Replacement took a bit time, system was able to cool down.

Quote:
things I did just now;

-restarted my computer.
and now it works again, it is weird
Even more time to cool down.

Different builds may have slightly different utilizations per core or memory throughput, depending on optimizations.

Well, it's guesswork. But in general, the MeGUI as such is most probably not the reason, therefore should not be blamed here in this thread.

New German Gleitz board
Old 8th February 2016, 16:54   #4954  |  Link
adem940

Quote:

Well, it's guesswork. But in general, the MeGUI as such is most probably not the reason, therefore should not be blamed here in this thread.
I never did overclocking, my cpu supports it but not my motherboard, it is i5 2500k cpu, motherboard is new, bought it a few months ago, graphic card is gtx 660, rams are gaming rams too, about cleaning, it has been a quite while since I cleaned inside my case, last time was when I bought the new motherboard, maybe I should clean it soon, I think it is really because of overheating.
Old 9th February 2016, 11:34   #4955  |  Link
hello_hello

adem940,
Unless you have a particularly dirty environment, a few months isn't a long time between cleaning the inside of a case. If the MB is relatively new, maybe it's a problem with the CPU heatsink being mounted correctly, or with thermal paste not being applied well.

Google RealTemp or Core Temp or SpeedFan and if your MB supports it, you'll be able to check CPU temperature. It's a good idea to install more than one as if they agree, it's more likely they're getting it correct.

You might want to also try Prime95. It'll probably test the CPU cooling more than x264 encoding and it's used for testing system stability.
hello_hello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2016, 18:38   #4956  |  Link
Barough

FFmpeg v3.0 "Einstein" is released.
Barough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2016, 17:23   #4957  |  Link
hello_hello

I could be losing my mind, but.......

I'm certain in the past you could load a script into MeGUI's video section, click the "Reopen video preview" button, and the preview window would open displaying the aspect ratio at the bottom. There's a check-box for previewing the aspect ratio that still works as it should, but in the past if you changed the aspect ratio at the bottom of the preview, closed the preview and added the script to the queue for encoding, MeGUI would use the newly set aspect ratio when encoding, even over-riding any aspect ratio added to the script by the anamorphic encoding function.

Does it work that way for anyone else, because currently (MeGUI 2627) I don't seem to be able to over-ride the aspect ratio at all. I can change it, but the new aspect ratio isn't used when encoding, which seems to make the ability to change it somewhat redundant.

Thanks.

PS Is Zathor still around and okay? I don't think he's posted for a while.
Old 23rd February 2016, 05:31   #4958  |  Link
hello_hello

Again I thought I was losing my mind, but......

The ability to change x264 encoder preset after opening the encoder configuration no longer works. Selecting a new preset doesn't "stick" after closing the encoder configuration. For example:

Select "x264 preset A" in the video section's encoder dropdown list.
Click Config.
When the encoder configuration opens, select "x264 preset B" from the dropdown list.
Click Okay. The encoder configuration will close.
The selected preset in the encoder drop down list will still be "x264 preset A".

That's MeGUI 2627 and the encoder preset names in the above example are fictional.
Old 24th February 2016, 14:44   #4959  |  Link
ToyCar

Is there any way to auto-load audio after AVS script created?
ToyCar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2016, 15:25   #4960  |  Link
LigH
German doom9/Gleitz SuMo

I believe that MeGUI prefers to handle video and audio with separate AviSynth scripts. But you could manually edit the generated AviSynth video script file and load this as source in the main dialog for both video and audio processing.

New German Gleitz board