Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs

Old 3rd February 2016, 10:47   #4921  |  Link
LouieChuckyMerry

Quote:
Originally Posted by LigH View Post
That sounds like grouping/sorting by the type of the job. Of course, if you can group jobs by different attributes, it will be easier to select them as one contiguous range.

I may know a bit programming in general. But I never read the MeGUI sources...
Thanks for your reply .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overdrive80 View Post
Any reason for not updating megui with last version of x264? 2665 http://komisar.gin.by/
I don't know why MeGUI isn't updating to 2665, however, you can download any of Komisar's builds (including mods) then replace the corresponding version MeGUI is using with it. Simply rename the appropriate Komisar version with the applicable MeGUI version's name then copy and replace.
LouieChuckyMerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2016, 12:49   #4922  |  Link
LigH
German doom9/Gleitz SuMo

Does this new build contain important fixes which recommend a soon replacement? Or does it contain new features which may require MeGUI to adapt its dialogs to?

New German Gleitz board
MediaFire: x264 | x265 | VPx | AOM | Xvid
LigH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2016, 19:40   #4923  |  Link
ron spencer
DVD Magistrate

can we get a check box for:

Quote:
converttoyv12(interlaced=true)
when setting up the avs in the script creator? I add it on my own before running a job with 1080i stuff. I suspect it should be added automatically if I say my input files are interlaced tff. See screenshot attached
Attached Images

ron spencer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2016, 00:22   #4924  |  Link
adem940

I recently formatted my pc, installed MeGUI but now it is not updating, it keeps giving could not run updater error also where can I get MeGUI latest version as .exe installer?
adem940 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2016, 09:18   #4925  |  Link
LigH
German doom9/Gleitz SuMo

Latest release on SourceForge: Stable build 2624 (extract the ZIP archive to a directory outside the UAC protected "Program Files" directory branch).

After unpacking and starting, you may want to change the updater in the configuration to the development server. Stable updates are rare.

New German Gleitz board

Last edited by LigH; 4th February 2016 at 09:23.
Old 4th February 2016, 14:26   #4926  |  Link
adem940

Quote:
Latest release on SourceForge: Stable build 2624 (extract the ZIP archive to a directory outside the UAC protected "Program Files" directory branch).

After unpacking and starting, you may want to change the updater in the configuration to the development server. Stable updates are rare.

thank you very much, it worked
Old 4th February 2016, 17:52   #4927  |  Link
adem940

I have this error now and I don't know how to solve this before I formatted my pc, it was working well, also I was using the megui that I installed with offline .exe installer, this latest version in zip file doesn't working for my video projects I installed everything correctly, avisynth, codec mega pack etc, it was really working flawless before :/

Old 4th February 2016, 18:09   #4928  |  Link
Solon8

Quote:
Originally Posted by adem940 View Post
I have this error now and I don't know how to solve this before I formatted my pc, it was working well, also I was using the megui that I installed with offline .exe installer, this latest version in zip file doesn't working for my video projects I installed everything correctly, avisynth, codec mega pack etc, it was really working flawless before :/

Hi, have you tried checking the "Always use the included AviSynth" box, in the settings?
Solon8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2016, 21:15   #4929  |  Link
adem940

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solon8 View Post
Hi, have you tried checking the "Always use the included AviSynth" box, in the settings?
yes, I tried, it says the same can't do my projects anymore, I can't update the offline installer version of meGUI, I updated this zip version as Ligh said but now I get this error on my videos, also I checked my Avi script text, there was no mistake on it.. I hope update server can go up again so I can use offline installer version of MeGUI, btw my OS is win10 home 64bit.. before was same too..
Old 4th February 2016, 23:43   #4930  |  Link
LigH
German doom9/Gleitz SuMo

Where did you install MeGUI to?

Hopefully not under C:\Program Files...

The most common reason not being able to update and even to run a conversion may be that the UAC blocks exchanging of files in subdirectories there.

But to be certain:

New German Gleitz board
Old 5th February 2016, 10:44   #4931  |  Link
adem940

Quote:
Where did you install MeGUI to?

Hopefully not under C:\Program Files...

The most common reason not being able to update and even to run a conversion may be that the UAC blocks exchanging of files in subdirectories there.

But to be certain:
when I use offline installer, it install it into c:/program files x86 and not updating..

as for zip version, I extracted it to D drive where my games data files are, it updated from developer server, but keeps giving this avisynth error

I guess this is the log file, sorry I am very noob at this

Last edited by adem940; 5th February 2016 at 10:53. Reason: forgot to post log file.
Old 5th February 2016, 10:54   #4932  |  Link
LigH
German doom9/Gleitz SuMo

Quote:
this avisynth error
Which error? Did you quote it anywhere? Did you post a log file anywhere?

Recommendable steps: Start MeGUI; try to provoke the error message with few steps; quit MeGUI as soon as it popped up; look into MeGUI\logs for the latest logfile, copy its content from a text editor, and paste it either here in a CODE bbCode block or in a "pastebin" service. Attaching it to the post will waste a bit time, moderators need to approve attachments.

New German Gleitz board
Old 5th February 2016, 10:57   #4933  |  Link
adem940

Quote:
Which error? Did you quote it anywhere? Did you post a log file anywhere?

Recommendable steps: Start MeGUI; try to provoke the error message with few steps; quit MeGUI as soon as it popped up; look into MeGUI\logs for the latest logfile, copy its content from a text editor, and paste it either here in a CODE bbCode block or in a "pastebin" service. Attaching it to the post will waste a bit time, moderators need to approve attachments.
sorry I forgot to post it before :/ it is there now.
Old 5th February 2016, 11:16   #4934  |  Link
Groucho2004

Quote:
sorry I forgot to post it before :/ it is there now.
Can you post the .avs file somewhere (don't copy/paste the content, the actual file)?
Groucho2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2016, 11:21   #4935  |  Link
adem940

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groucho2004 View Post
Can you post the .avs file somewhere (don't copy/paste the content, the actual file)?

https://goo.gl/8ko8u1

there.

this was working before I formatted my pc and before I was using offline installer version of MeGUI.. maybe it will work again when update servers are alive
Old 5th February 2016, 11:26   #4936  |  Link
LigH
German doom9/Gleitz SuMo

Redirection to MEGA ... for a few hundred bytes?

Code:
SetMemoryMax(512)
SetMTMode(3,4)
PluginPath = "C:\Program Files (x86)\MeGUI\tools\avisynth_plugin\"
LoadPlugin(PluginPath+"svpflow1.dll")
LoadPlugin(PluginPath+"svpflow2.dll")
Import(PluginPath+"InterFrame2.avsi")
DirectShowSource("C:\Users\Adem\Desktop\no-name-anime.mkv", fps=23.976, audio=false, convertfps=true).AssumeFPS(24000,1001).ConvertToYV12()
SetMTMode(2)
#deinterlace
#crop
#denoise
#resize
InterFrame(Cores=4, GPU=True)
Your log file is still missing. Your edit did not work as expected.

I doubt MeGUI ships an own copy of svpflow?.dll and InterFrame2.avsi in its own plugins directory.

And once again, people still prefer DirectShowSource, despite all warnings about possible unexpected low-quality filtering in DirectShow filter paths and recommendations to prefer L-SMASH Works or FFMS2 instead for MKV sources. It may be convenient if one suspects VFR, but that needs to be proven first, no need to fix problems which may not even exist.

New German Gleitz board

Last edited by LigH; 5th February 2016 at 11:32.
Old 5th February 2016, 11:33   #4937  |  Link
Groucho2004

Couple of things:
1. The log says it's using Avisynth 2.6.0.6 which is not SEt's MT version. The SetMTMode statements in your script should produce an error message.

2. I'd steer clear of DSS, LSmash is a much better choice these days.
Groucho2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2016, 11:36   #4938  |  Link
adem940

Quote:
Redirection to MEGA ... for a few hundred bytes?

Code:
SetMemoryMax(512)
SetMTMode(3,4)
PluginPath = "C:\Program Files (x86)\MeGUI\tools\avisynth_plugin\"
LoadPlugin(PluginPath+"svpflow1.dll")
LoadPlugin(PluginPath+"svpflow2.dll")
Import(PluginPath+"InterFrame2.avsi")
DirectShowSource("C:\Users\Adem\Desktop\no-name-anime.mkv", fps=23.976, audio=false, convertfps=true).AssumeFPS(24000,1001).ConvertToYV12()
SetMTMode(2)
#deinterlace
#crop
#denoise
#resize
InterFrame(Cores=4, GPU=True)
Your log file is still missing. Your edit did not work as expected.

I doubt MeGUI ships an own copy of svpflow?.dll and InterFrame2.avsi in its own plugins directory.

And once again, people still prefer DirectShowSource, despite all warnings about possible unexpected low-quality filtering in DirectShow filter paths and recommendations to prefer L-SMASH Works or FFMS2 instead for MKV sources. It may be convenient if one suspects VFR, but that needs to be proven first, no need to fix problems which may not even exist.
I have svpflow.dll and interframe2.avsi in avisynth plugins folder just like the one I used to use :/ also I never had problem converting mkv files until now..

in script configuration window, directshowsource is grayed out, I can't choose it, before my pc format, I had it checked, now I can't check it cause it is gray, as I said I never used zip version of MeGUI, always used offline installer, updated and did my projects...
Old 5th February 2016, 11:39   #4939  |  Link
adem940

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groucho2004 View Post
Couple of things:
1. The log says it's using Avisynth 2.6.0.6 which is not SEt's MT version. The SetMTMode statements in your script should produce an error message.

2. I'd steer clear of DSS, LSmash is a much better choice these days.

how to change those filters? sorry I don't know
Old 5th February 2016, 11:42   #4940  |  Link
LigH
German doom9/Gleitz SuMo

Oh, I found the log. For some reason, I don't see images on tinypic as inline images because they get wrapped with a whole ad-loaded HTML page when deep-linked.
_

Not using AviSynth MT when your script contains SetMTMode() functions will certainly result in errors. If you enabled MeGUI always using its internal AviSynth, this is not AviSynth MT; you would have to disable that and use the substitute MT avisynth.dll in your Windows\SysWOW64 directory.

To test this suspected reason, comment out both lines with SetMTMode.
_

To use another source filter instead of DirectShowSource, you could use the MeGUI tool "AVS Script Creator", open the MKV, and select the "Indexer"; the new generated AviSynth script will contain the code used to open the MKV with LwLibavVideoSource or FFVideoSource. Try to substitute the DirectShowSource line in your script with this entry (and the related LoadPlugin + Import if present).

New German Gleitz board

Last edited by LigH; 5th February 2016 at 11:47.